Sanguine 2000

Sanguine by Keiko Mecheri
Sanguine is a perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits
PetitgrainPetitgrain
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 31.07.2021.

Keikos blood orange
When I received the first sample of this fragrance in a trade-in package, I was strangely not so fixated at all. I liked Hanae, Peau der Pêche and Wild Berries better. Somehow it was not sweet enough, too harsh.

Quite a while later I gave the rehearsal a chance after all, it just pays off a lot! Yes, he was nice, but I still wasn't convinced... And a few days later I realized that I still wanted to smell him over and over again. He crept secretly into my heart and now he belongs to my favourite scents.

I am a friend of Japanese fragrances, they are mostly simply unobtrusive, they only underline a well-groomed appearance.
So does SAGUINE. At first I perceive a natural orange, a little green, a little tart, but fruity and citric. Not this typical orange/tangerine, which I have already stocked several times in my fragrance shelf, but a natural blood orange, tart. After a while I add this wonderful musky note, which I like especially with the Mecheris, which makes the orange scent a more woody and "niche" experience, because it doesn't smell like the typical fruity drugstore mash to me.
This is actually already all I perceive, but I feel comfortable with it. One that is never too much, fits everywhere, and that's exactly how I like it!

Grassy Citrus
For some reason, Keiko Mecheri SANGUINE comes off as quite grassy on my skin. I was expecting a sweeter presentation of orange, so this took me by surprise. The overall effect is still refreshing, but the genre of this perfume hits me as closer to a green than a citrus aromatic fragrance. I seem to be in the minority, however, so I don't want to discourage others from trying this creation, and I do think that it smells nice, although it wasn't what I thought that it was going to be.

In the opening I really do smell more grass clippings than blood orange. As the scent settles down, the green and the citrus mingle together with the musk. SANGUINE is an interesting take, not at all like the other orange-centric colognes and perfumes I've worn before.

by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Bois Satin by Keiko Mecheri Rebel Hearts by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Bal de Roses by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Vetiver Velours by Keiko Mecheri Isles Lointaines by Keiko Mecheri Umé by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Soussanne by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Precious Forest by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Embruns by Keiko Mecheri