Taormine by Keiko Mecheri
Compare Prices
Taormine is a perfume by Keiko Mecheri for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesAromatic notes, Almond, Petitgrain
Base Notes Base NotesCrystal musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.06.2015

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Complex Almond-Ambergris-Floral Cookie (and that's a good thing...)
I would not characterize Keiko Mecheri TAORMINE as a citrus cologne per se--but I would say that it's a scrumptious perfume! There is some real complexity to this creation, beginning with a green, almost hyacinth-like opening, which is somewhat fleeting and gives way within a couple of minutes to a mid-stage where I thought that I was detecting ambergris, although it is not listed in the notes above.

In any case, as TAORMINE dries down, a whole different demeanor emerges, and I come away thinking of this as a heliotropin-almond fragrance. Perhaps I have only smelled heliotrope in fragrances which also feature almond, in which case I may be confusing some aspect of the two. But this definitely smells like slightly sweet almonds in a buttery floral-scented cookie. Yum!

To me, this warm, feminine composition seems very well suited as a fragrance for cooler weather or wintertime. I hope that I can still get my hands on a bottle of TAORMINE, which I now see was a limited edition release... This is definitely my favorite of the limited edition Keiko Mecheri perfumes I've tried to date.
Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 2.5/10 Scent 3.0/10
not for me
Keiko Mecheri seems to be one of those perfume lines that, try as I might, I can't "get." I feel like there is some subtle beauty to these scents (and I've tried at least half of them) that simply eludes me.

Taormine starts with a pale citrus and an almond note that, in the US, is often associated with Jergens' Lotion. It's entirely pleasant, but more like an inexpensive toiletry than a niche perfume. It stays quite close to my skin. Within an hour, it fades substantially and develops a slightly mineral note that I sometimes get from citrus scents. Even though I love many scents that feature citrus or almond, this one isn't for me.

Popular Keiko Mecheri

Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudrée by Keiko Mecheri Datura Blanche by Keiko Mecheri Mihimè by Keiko Mecheri Peau de Pêche by Keiko Mecheri Les Zazous by Keiko Mecheri Hanae by Keiko Mecheri White Petals by Keiko Mecheri Les Merveilles - Cuir Fauve by Keiko Mecheri Umè by Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Parfum du Soir by Keiko Mecheri Cuir Cordoba by Keiko Mecheri Tarifa by Keiko Mecheri Les Nuits d'Izu by Keiko Mecheri Johana by Keiko Mecheri Oliban by Keiko Mecheri Musc by Keiko Mecheri Crystal d'Ambre by Keiko Mecheri Taormine by Keiko Mecheri A Fleur de Peau by Keiko Mecheri