Kemi by Kemi / Al Kimiya
7.9 / 10 135 Ratings
Kemi is a popular perfume by Kemi / Al Kimiya for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is animal-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes CedarCedar Laotian oudLaotian oud
Heart Notes Heart Notes Gurjum balsamGurjum balsam CaramelCaramel CastoreumCastoreum CivetCivet
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla Woody notesWoody notes
Submitted by Michael, last update on 20.12.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Arabian lust
Al-Kimiya (origin of alchemy and originally meaning Kemi-Blending Magic or magical formulation) is a pseudo-elixir, an age long goal of chemistry in its first steps, during the golden age of middle eastern science when chemists tried to achieve two ultimate goals of ambitious men, wealth and immortality. Kimiya heals any wound, cures any sickness, brings back youth and turns any stone into gold. Every king at the time would throw money at chemists, bringing them from borders of their territory, even beyond, to find the formula and make them one. They'd execute the chemists out of frustration facing the reality of old age or even got killed by the chemists feeding them all kinds of insane concoctions. All for the dream of Kimiya. A royal elixir made in the deserts of old Middle East. Kemi does a great job and brilliantly captures that idea, the middle Eastern desert setting (oud), the feeling of a king's lust (caramel, vanilla, tobacco?) and Arabian sacrifice-magic (civet, musk, castoreum). The final product has middle eastern magic all over it. You can almost hear Arabian belly dancer theme music wearing this.

Review:
Now the opening is frightening, I can imagine most who've opened the cap, just to close it right away and ask themselves what just happened and why would someone make that, for hours regretting the unforgettable inhale of sweet human sweat, camel piss and farm animal feces! (I personally do not mind any of that though) Little do they know had they given this ugly one a chance there'd be a black swan making up for that initial impression, flying so beautifully around one's skin, getting better and better for hours after application. The caramel and vanilla get the spotlight and hang on to it with the sandalwood making it even more creamy and interesting and the animal notes carry it over that high line to become jaw-dropping. To make you touch your forehead and faint dramatically: it's all happening on a rich bed of Aoud (similar to the one in the magnificent MFK Oud Extrait). As long as there is good projection (3 hours for one spray, 5 for two) the scent stays the same and after that as a skin scent the woody base (cedar?) will appear to introduce an old library accord, a very old dusty one. The gourmand notes have passed the spotlight to the animals and it's simply carnal and quite sexy.

I think I must add my love for Kemi is so out of my ordinary, as not only I'm not a fan of vanilla but I also hate sweeties and gourmands! It's the very first sweet perfume that I have truly loved, and I actually feel comfortable in Kemi, the feeling it gives me? Royal, importance and heritage, something ancient lies in this formula, like riding a wild stallion that accepts only you or wielding Alexander the Great's warhammer and the superstition of taking after his greatness! Kemi makes me tempted to believe in great things that don't make sense!

Who should try this? If you're a gourmand lover that is into animalics definitely try this it's made for you, if you love animalics whether or not you're into gourmands or sweeties you should not overlook this you may be just as surprised as I am, if you are into Middle Eastern perfumes, rich complex concoctions or just something that'd challenge you try it, you may find your match. If you have not smelled animalics or you tried Kouros and deemed it unwearable, you are not ready for this.

Who I imagine wearing this? Someone that has fire in her heart and handles it like a boss, loud and shameless, chic and vulgar, in short Madonna. I love it on myself and I find it very attractive on both a boy or girl. I've already told you what it reminds me of, a lustful Arabian king's kingdom and holy grail. The bottle looks like a relic, it lasts a long time and projects just enough to not put you in embarrassing situations. And of course, love.
Manogi
A fragrance that takes time
I like Kemi all the better the more I wear it. The first time I only smelled the red fruit jelly described by others. Although I usually don't like sweet scents too much, I really liked this incredibly intense aroma.

Then I wore it again and was surprised how different I suddenly felt about it. The red fruit jelly had disappeared. Instead I smelled something smoky, which I attributed to the Laotian oud. Lao oud in its pure form is one of my favourite oud scents, and here the integration and interaction with the other notes is very successful. I can even smell a light leather note. The animal parts, on the other hand, are at best very lightly hinted at.

The caramel, vanilla and woody notes evolve as the wine evolves, but the smoky touch is never completely lost.

All in all, Kemi is a very beautiful and at the same time very unusual fragrance, which has an extraordinary sweetness on the one hand, but is woody-smoky on the other hand.
A fragrance of polarity
The Kemi brand is clearly one of my favorites.
Not only because the compositions appear unique and round, but because I get the impression that the quality of the ingredients is on a high level, which is rarely found in the world of perfume - even in the niche.
Well, now I guess everyone knows that I really appreciate Kemi :-)

To the fragrance:
He starts like I'lm, yeah, full pot of dirty Animalian oud. From there on you could think : Wash up !!!!! It takes real guts, but it's worth it. Means: Leave it on After about 2-3 hours something sweet is added. The oud is still clearly perceptible, but moves a little into the background.
Caramel and vanilla continue to advance, as well as woody undertones which are not relevant to mention, as they take over the task of serving as a supporting base for the main notes, which is what makes it so round.
From 4 hours on, the fragrance becomes more and more sweet and beautiful, the vanilla takes up more and more space, so that the oud is pushed into the background where it fits perfectly.
But the 6 hour is for me an absolute cuddly scent - tea, open fire, blanket, partner and off we go :-)

I have never experienced such a reversible scent that glides from one extreme to the other like an eagle in the air.

A fragrance of polarity.

It symbolizes power, strength, love, success, wealth, uniqueness paired with secrets?

The durability is very strong. After 8h it is still clearly perceptible.
The projection is typically Kemi strong.

What a great smell, test it out.

The oud seems to me to be clearly of natural origin, and clearly perceptible.

I have smelled real oud - there are many differences, because the origin, dilution, distillation, age of the resin etc... are relevant for the odour chord.

Anyway, it seems to me to be real, really, even if only in small quantity, you can smell it :-)

Well, now it's your turn to test.

Cheers

2 short views on the fragrance
Blako11Blako11 2 years ago
Complicada al principio. A Kemi hay que dejarle tiempo, explorarla lentamente, el caramelo es lo primero que percibí, después vino lo animal
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
After a repulsive spicy-animalic opening, this unique, yet challenging creamy sweet Gourmand, slowly settles to a warm oriental-woody base.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

7 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Kemi / Al Kimiya

Hayat by Kemi / Al Kimiya Layla by Kemi / Al Kimiya Tempest (Perfume Extract) by Kemi / Al Kimiya Jãbir by Kemi / Al Kimiya Aurum by Kemi / Al Kimiya 'Ilm by Kemi / Al Kimiya Luna by Kemi / Al Kimiya Aqua Regia by Kemi / Al Kimiya Solis by Kemi / Al Kimiya Tempest (Parfum) by Kemi / Al Kimiya Elixir by Kemi / Al Kimiya Hermetic by Kemi / Al Kimiya