Tempest Parfum

Tempest (Parfum) by Kemi / Al Kimiya
Tempest (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Kemi / Al Kimiya for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is citrusy-green. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
VetiverVetiver
MuskMusk
AmberAmber
OudOud

Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 17.11.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Tempest (Perfume Extract) by Kemi / Al Kimiya, which differs in concentration.

Tempest by Kemi blending magic (parfum); just incredible
I am not usually taken by the shape or the beauty of the bottle or the full presentation. However, if you think of perfume as a piece of art then the presentation becomes important. Xerjoff have excelled at showing off their creations and out of the various offerings I have to say that Kemi Blending Magic is my favourite. The bottles are just exquisite and the attention to detail is unparalleled. I treated myself to tempest and I have to say that I love it, it’s an oriental woody fragrance which starts off rather strong with some animalic note (?). I find the oud/ amber combo quite strong in this but as it settles it becomes heavenly, I get wafts if rose and oud and a little amber. I must admit I cannot pick out Individual notes in this but overall it’s a beautiful scent. It’s a beautiful rich fragrance but whether the price tag is justified is another matter.
Oud in an Italian garden
An Italian brand strongly committed to Arabic perfumery launches a fragrance inspired by a Shakespearean piece - Tempest. Really stormy, as the title suggests, this is not, but a symbiosis of typical European and Oriental accents.

Immediately after spraying on, I encounter a bright chord that I would describe as something medical-etheric. I do not perceive the Hesperides as classically citric-fresh, but rather as sour. They are tightly interwoven with green (Petitgrain) and floral notes (Rose, Jasmine) and also a little spice gets the smell by ginger, which contributes a certain sharpness. Lavender also reinforces the green/herbaceous side of Tempest. Nevertheless, the overall composition never drifts particularly in a soapy direction. The reason for this might be the naturalness that this fragrance radiates and the woody melange, which in my opinion is especially influenced by cedar, patchouli and oud. At the beginning still reserved, the characteristics of old, dry woods become more and more noticeable. Although with these a slightly musty earthy note resonates, I wouldn't speak of a dirty effect here.

Tempest is therefore not a typical oud fragrance, as it lacks any animalism and typical oriental spices. Instead, it reminds me more of the many smells of an Italian garden. I think it's a bit of a pity that after the strong opening notes, which leave the impression that something too much was wanted here, not only is there a change to a darker, calmer character, but the projection also noticeably diminishes. Perhaps the pure oil is better in this respect and probably different in its overall effect. For friends of natural and solid fragrances, Tempest is certainly worth a test, but I don't find the price justified.

by DalilaB
by DalilaB

Popular Kemi / Al Kimiya

Hayat by Kemi / Al Kimiya Layla by Kemi / Al Kimiya Jãbir by Kemi / Al Kimiya Tempest (Perfume Extract) by Kemi / Al Kimiya Aurum by Kemi / Al Kimiya 'Ilm by Kemi / Al Kimiya Aqua Regia by Kemi / Al Kimiya Luna by Kemi / Al Kimiya Kemi by Kemi / Al Kimiya Solis by Kemi / Al Kimiya Elixir by Kemi / Al Kimiya Hermetic by Kemi / Al Kimiya