'Ilm by Kemi / Al Kimiya
'Ilm is a popular perfume by Kemi / Al Kimiya for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-animal. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesAssam oudAssam oud
Heart Notes Heart NotesBangladeshian oudBangladeshian oud
Base Notes Base NotesLaotian oudLaotian oud

Submitted by Lilienfeld, last update on 10.10.2021.

A real oud!
Kemi, a brand where real oud in almost every perfume has stock. I as an oud lover had to test there of course immediately the Ilm extensively, since in any case on the fragrance pyramid only oud is listed, at least different varieties.
That's exactly what makes Ilm so interesting for me.

In fact, I notice ongoing scent developments in Ilm, constantly changing oud on my skin - be sure to test on skin! The longest I perceive the Thai oud that reveals itself on my skin only after 30 minutes, this then remains present for several hours. The Thai Oud is for me the most beautiful specimen of the Ouds in Ilm.
It must be said that the oud has many facets and smells different depending on the origin, age, distillation, quality and handling. Nevertheless, I recognize Thai oud immediately, because this character - which is difficult to describe - is immediately recognizable to me.
After about 6-7 hours, the Laotian oud actually comes out more and lets it die down very softly.

Ilm never smells the same to me, I often get to feel different facets of the eaglewood which makes my heart mention it.

The oud is clearly a natural (real) oud, which is probably why not all noses can relate to it, as they are more used to other categories.

However, as soon as one begins to appreciate this eagle wood, it is a complete pleasure for the soul.

A thoroughly unique perfume, as most "oud scents" are still mixed with rose or saffron, and/or have synthetic oud added. Ilm is different!

Above all, Ilm reveals several aspects of the oud, which I simply lack in pure oud oils.

Ilm is mystical, unique, precious, present, rich, high quality and thoroughly sexy!
Nevertheless, the fragrance MUST be on the skin in the really also all facets can feel.

The durability as well as projection I feel as strong.
The fragrance often lingers on my skin for 10+ hours and projects quite strongly from the heart note onwards.
Perfect!
I'm into strong scents anyway, this one is perfect for that.

Absolutely test!

Forget all Roja Ouds, The Night etc... this one is a real Oud scent!

A dream of eagle wood
The beauty of pure, unadulterated oud. For a long time I have been looking for a fragrance for my collection that simply smells like oud. No real composition, preferably not even supporting "softeners" in the background. In my search for it, I tested through Oud Cashmere Mood, Oud Velvet Mood, XJ OS Gao and many other scents. Ilm was the only fragrance whose pyramid of scents had no other fragrances than oud ingredients. Not a bit of tonka here, not a bit of labdanum there.

If you take a look at the packaging, the list of ingredients will give you some hints that this is not quite true.

This is not a flaw here, though: The other ingredients (obviously) only serve the purpose of blending the different ouds together. You can't smell any of them at all, the focus is on the oud. The most present for me is the laotian oud, right after that the indian oud. I perceive the Bangladeshi oud through some muff notes, but very much in the background. This pleases me very much, because Lao oud is by far the most beautiful oud for me.

The overall impression of the fragrance is rather soft and very pleasant. For an experienced oud-nose, who also appreciates "real" oriental oud compositions and not only those of the European fragrance houses, there is no stable smell noticeable. The typical muff of the Bangladeshi oud is definitely endurable due to the low dosage of the same. Warm, slightly smoky, slightly resinous, simply beautiful. Of the above mentioned scents, I find the Oud Cashmere Mood most similar, as it is also very warm, very soft, very Laotian. But not so pure and yet not so complex.

The special charm of this perfume is most likely due to the fact that each time you sniff it, you perceive something different. Sometimes even fresh, sometimes a bit musty, mostly simply Laotian oud. Oh, I could just take a bath in it.

Conclusion: Whoever loves oud - blunt oud - will love 'Ilm. Not for the average Western nose. For lovers of the Orient, a paradise. Welcome to the collection. Cheers

Ovaissaleem
Oud, Oud and Some more Oud :)
Notes: Oud Assam, Oud from Bangladesh and Oud From Laos

Ilm is Arabic for "Knowledge", it's absolutely beautiful and breathtaking fragrance. An oud lovers delight. From the opening till the drydown you will only detect Oud but Oud itself has many sides. I do detect leathery nuances, sweet woody accord of Cambodian Oud. For my taste it's still is soft and wish it was a bit more potent but nonetheless I had a great time wearing this one today.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 12 months ago
Initially fruity, yet pungent spicy-animalic, this creamy resinous-woody fragrance slowly settles to a gentle and warm earthy-woody base.

by Flioline
by Mustafa
by Fedaie
by Fedaie

Popular Kemi / Al Kimiya

Hayat by Kemi / Al Kimiya Layla by Kemi / Al Kimiya Jãbir by Kemi / Al Kimiya Tempest (Perfume Extract) by Kemi / Al Kimiya Aurum by Kemi / Al Kimiya Aqua Regia by Kemi / Al Kimiya Luna by Kemi / Al Kimiya Kemi by Kemi / Al Kimiya Solis by Kemi / Al Kimiya Elixir by Kemi / Al Kimiya Tempest (Parfum) by Kemi / Al Kimiya Hermetic by Kemi / Al Kimiya