R.S.V.P. 2006 Eau de Toilette

R.S.V.P. (Eau de Toilette) by Kenneth Cole
R.S.V.P. (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Kenneth Cole for men and was released in 2006. The scent is woody-spicy. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit
Base Notes Base NotesCashmere woodCashmere wood
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.11.2021.

Elysium
Do You Really Need a Confirmation?
I came across the perfume R.S.V.P. some time ago while I was looking for something attractive in a perfume shop. It was always there all the other times I went there, but only that time the manually milled wooden box with the brand name engraved caught my attention—RSVP is an initialism derived from the French phrase “Répondez s’il Vous plaît,” meaning “Please respond” to require confirmation of an invitation. Of course, that was the second Kenneth Cole cologne I was trying, I already have the charming Black in my wardrobe. So I sprinkled some perfume on a strip of paper. It was great! And reminded me of an immediate feeling of freedom, the fresh air after a storm, the smell of freshly cut wet grass, an immense field of lavender in bloom, that very manly but at the same time delicate initial explosion, bright and incisive. It furnished me with a pleasant surprise, thanks to the pattern of green, floral and woody accords. I am not surprised at all to see that the nose behind this cologne is the same who created Dunhill’s X-Centric, Boss’s Hugo Now, and Zirh’s Ikon. There is a bit of them into this one.

RSVP welcomes me with a heady blend of spices and citrus, characterized by a touch of black pepper, grapefruit and herbal lavender. I intend this first sensation to awaken the senses and prepare me for the next steps. I get a lot of florals, neither the orris nor the orchid, but the lavender, very aromatic. Lavender is intense, along with a curious sign of green leaves, probably the note of wet grasses. I would define this initial phase as misty, fragrant, and balsamic.

Then, in the central stage, the structure mutates into a floral delicious seasoned with a hint of wood. The heart of the scent becomes creamier. It is powdery, but not like baby powder. The key ingredient here is the orchid which shines, subdued by an iris note, after which it wraps the entire composition in cedar, with his typical dry scent of the sharpener.

The more it dries, the more the wood passes through, but it still has a sweet and fresh scent. For the ultimate step, I come heated by a warm aroma of exotic sandalwood and cashmere wood, joined to the elegant patchouli and earthy vetiver. Not too dirty, I get more florals than expected, along with more musky.

It is an amusing fragrance for my nose. I have the red bottle in the wooden box, not the newer grey one in the cardboard box. Does it smell of any other colony? Yes, it reminds me a little of Burberry London, although it is neither similar nor a clone of that. I am happy to have it in my wardrobe and to use it from time to time during the chilly days of autumn and even winter; still, it is great for nighttime, friendly dinners and events. It is manly, but not super sharp or outdoorsy.

-Elysium

ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
It's woodsy like cedar, wet grass, but it's got the warmth of amber shining through. It's like a sunny day in a meadow after it rained. WOW!

by Elysium
by Elysium
by Stardust
by Stardust
by 123321
by 123321

Popular Kenneth Cole

Black for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Kenneth Cole Black (Eau de Toilette) by Kenneth Cole White for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Kenneth Cole Vintage Black by Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole Signature (Eau de Toilette) by Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole for Her by Kenneth Cole Reaction (Eau de Toilette) by Kenneth Cole Connected - Kenneth Cole Reaction by Kenneth Cole Reaction for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole for Him by Kenneth Cole Mankind Hero by Kenneth Cole Reaction T-Shirt by Kenneth Cole Mankind Legacy by Kenneth Cole Mankind (Eau de Toilette) by Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole New York Women by Kenneth Cole Kenneth Cole New York Men (Eau de Toilette) by Kenneth Cole Blue by Kenneth Cole Black Bold by Kenneth Cole Mankind Ultimate by Kenneth Cole Copper Black by Kenneth Cole