5:40 PM in Madagascar (2009)

5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo

5:40 PM in Madagascar is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesLotus
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 15.05.2018

Easy, breezy, beautiful
My one-liner review for this would be easy, breezy, beautiful! It is a Kenzo vanilla (from the good old days). As this was released ages ago, I am not sure if my opinions are based on the actual product or aging process.

On my skin this is quite linear aquatic vanilla scent. If you love deep, spicy and sweet vanillas with decent throw, this is not for you. If you are looking for a no-brainer to drench yourself on warmer days (this needs heat to bloom), this is perfect. It will not suffocate people around you, but give you a soft veil of freshness (if you do not go trigger-happy). What I really like about this is the softness of aquatics, you are not washed by a calone tsunami. There is a soft hint of generic ”cedar” and hay but the main player is vanilla.

My bottle is halfway empty, and I will happily spritz the rest during this summer. While I have really enjoyed this, I dont see a particular need for obsessive hunting or paying too much for this. It is a bit like a nice friend you meet on holiday: it is lots of fun to hang around, but no need for exchanging addresses and phone numbers when you return to reality. If a well-aged bottle falls onto your lap, try it but no need to feel like you are missing out something if it doesn’t.
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

An Acquired Taste
Kenzo 5:40pm in Madagascar is a unique perfume featuring lotus and vanilla. It smells very different from other vanilla perfumes in that it is not at all sweet. I picked up a bottle of this blind out of curiosity and initially I did not like it very much because it seemed somehow off. I have to say, however, that it has grown on me over time. Now that I am used to its strange personality, I rather like it and no longer find it sour or confused.

MADAGASCAR is a true unisex fragrance, with a somewhat masculine bent, but some wearers may find the watery lotus overly synthetic, as I initially did. As my own case demonstrates, this perfume is an acquired taste!

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Parfum d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme Night by Kenzo Kenzo World (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo