Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum (2003)

Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo

Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2003. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Amber, Almond, Powdery notes, Rose, Vanilla, Violet, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.12.2018

7.0 5.0 8.0 7.0/10

Flower with A Smidgen of Hypnotic Poison
Flower Le Parfum opens with the incense-like sharpness as the original Flower. For the first hours, I can detect a slight play-doh scent due to vanilla + almond. At this stage it's like hiding Hypnotic Poison under the signature sharpness of Flower. Towards the drydown, it smells very close to the original to my nose, just more intensive and a little warmer due to the presence of amber.

The original Flower is "ghostly", always there but never in a solid form. However, Flower le Parfum, though more intense, is still "ghostly" IMO. Although I love Flower, thus love Flower le Parfum, I have to admit that these two are too similar to own both, unless you're a die-hard fan or you got a bargain.
7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Sultry Flower
The gorgeous, sultry, sexy sister of Kenzo Flower, Flower Parfum (In some reviews this is called Flower Red, for the red bottle) she comes out at night after having bathed in almond scented bath oil, nibbling marzipan so that her skin exudes a heavenly nutty scent, her breath is satin and so so voluptuous and enveloping. Touch her and touch oil of darkest reddest roses and musk. Wait with her and amber and iris come out to play. Flower is pretty, gorgeous, complicated and sweet. But oh my god Flower Parfum is so much more, it promises and it delivers. It doesn't just tease. It's tactile, overtly sexual. You would wear this for a soul moment, a deeply intimate encounter - after Flower has been tucked up in bed and kissed off to sleep hours ago.

Unfinished composition?
I do like it, and I like that I can easily detect all the notes listed. It's yummy, soft, comforting. And yet I feel like there is something missing from this fragrance, I'm just not quite sure what, exactly. I've worn the EDP and the "just a drop" gel parfum, and in both cases I was left with the same impression. "Nice, but..." But what? Hmmm.

And then I wore it with my man.
At first he had this inquisitive, slightly puzzled reaction, but he kept sniffing me so I thought he liked it. Except his facial expression didn't exactly reflect that, lol.
So I asked him.
He said "This is really weird. Your perfume. Smells nice but it's like it can't decide weather to be sexy or yummy, and it sure as hell can't pull off both at the same time"

And there, you have it. It's a nice beginning but it's missing some ingredients to complete the recipe. Perhaps if the musk was animalic instead of white, it would give it more depth, more oomph? Who knows. But when I wear it, it's like I'm stepping out in my favorite outfit... and I forgot to put on my shoes.

by Unchaned
by Fran
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Parfum d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme Night by Kenzo Kenzo World (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo