Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum 2003

Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo
Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2003. The scent is powdery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

AmberAmber
AlmondAlmond
Powdery notesPowdery notes
RoseRose
VanillaVanilla
VioletViolet
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.06.2021.

Pinkdawn
Far too sensitive for this world
Recently, I have used up the last drops of Eve and said goodbye to a fragrance that I had expected to give me the qualities of the women for whom it was apparently created. Of course, this naive "reverse" didn't work. Now another, much better known classic has fallen into my hands: FLOWERBYKENZO Le Parfum.

This scent has also fallen into oblivion and I was afraid that I would also be disappointed here. But Flower surprised me in a positive way. I had never imagined the scent to be so pleasant. I immediately feel surrounded by a floral-powdery cloud. No, it is rather a little cloud. Because the scent is light, lively, sweet and tender. There are no great changes in the course of the fragrance. But that's okay. Because Flower has something from the beginning
The special thing about this Kenzo is that although it is undoubtedly an everybody's darling, it is still not an everyday flower scent like so many others. He has his typical signature. It starts with the strong presence of almond right from the start, followed by "powdery notes", as the fragrances say. I am thinking of iris.

The fragrance is very harmoniously balanced between gourmand notes such as almond and vanilla and the delicate rose and violet. Musk and amber round off the whole thing in a lovely way.
Flower is very accommodating. I perceive it as a cuddly scent, with which I immediately feel comfortable and which suits me. Not always, but still more than some others.

Flower certainly did not owe its success to the omnipresent, appealing advertising of the time, but to the fact that Kenzo succeeded in reinventing a lovely floral fragrance, so to speak. In my opinion, the secret lies in the almond note, which was so trendy at the time, and which gives the fragrance something soft and marzipan-like, sometimes reminding me of another famous powdery fragrance, namely LouLou by Cacharel.

The elegantly curved bottle in a matte metallic dark red is original and has a high recognition value, but also two flaws: I have the 50 ml version, which is smaller in itself anyway, but which - as aesthetic as it is - can't be carried around in a handbag anyway because of its not light weight and slim height. The bottle is also opaque. That means it may well protect the perfume from the sun and other influences that could have a negative effect on it, but unfortunately it's impossible to tell how much of it is still there. The fact that it's not so handy to carry around in your handbag is, by the way, something you can get over because the durability is really remarkable - at least on my skin. This is unfortunately not found too often. Applied in the afternoon, I woke up wondering what smells so great ...

Flower by Kenzo le Parfum was my first fragrance from the great never ending Flower series. Later I added two Kenzo FlowerTags - but that's another story. Just one thing in advance: none of them has that soft, creamy Flower by Kenzo le Parfum.

It is not often that a fragrance that I bought several years ago still appeals to me today. This is the case with this one - a sign of its outstanding quality. Nevertheless, Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum seems to be no longer available today - except perhaps on ebay at astronomical prices. A pity. But Kenzo, as a true Japanese, apparently relies on fast fashion. The numerous flankers, however, sometimes have little or nothing left of the original, except the name. And the trademark - the poppy flower. Of course, it can also be found on the metallic flacon - stylish tone on tone, only delicately hinted at, but still recognizable. Something like that, too. I love poppies. They have wonderful colours and are enviably photogenic. But they do not smell. I've never met a fragrant poppy, anyway. I've always wondered how an unscented flower could become the hallmark of a perfume.

A "modern" fragrance is Flower by Kenzo le Parfum today no longer, I would say. A lot has changed in the world of fragrances since then. I would probably not buy it now, but I still find it graceful, almost romantic and very feminine. No, almost girlish. Somehow much too sensitive for this world ...

Flower with A Smidgen of Hypnotic Poison
Flower Le Parfum opens with the incense-like sharpness as the original Flower. For the first hours, I can detect a slight play-doh scent due to vanilla + almond. At this stage it's like hiding Hypnotic Poison under the signature sharpness of Flower. Towards the drydown, it smells very close to the original to my nose, just more intensive and a little warmer due to the presence of amber.

The original Flower is "ghostly", always there but never in a solid form. However, Flower le Parfum, though more intense, is still "ghostly" IMO. Although I love Flower, thus love Flower le Parfum, I have to admit that these two are too similar to own both, unless you're a die-hard fan or you got a bargain.

Sultry Flower
The gorgeous, sultry, sexy sister of Kenzo Flower, Flower Parfum (In some reviews this is called Flower Red, for the red bottle) she comes out at night after having bathed in almond scented bath oil, nibbling marzipan so that her skin exudes a heavenly nutty scent, her breath is satin and so so voluptuous and enveloping. Touch her and touch oil of darkest reddest roses and musk. Wait with her and amber and iris come out to play. Flower is pretty, gorgeous, complicated and sweet. But oh my god Flower Parfum is so much more, it promises and it delivers. It doesn't just tease. It's tactile, overtly sexual. You would wear this for a soul moment, a deeply intimate encounter - after Flower has been tucked up in bed and kissed off to sleep hours ago.

Unfinished composition?
I do like it, and I like that I can easily detect all the notes listed. It's yummy, soft, comforting. And yet I feel like there is something missing from this fragrance, I'm just not quite sure what, exactly. I've worn the EDP and the "just a drop" gel parfum, and in both cases I was left with the same impression. "Nice, but..." But what? Hmmm.

And then I wore it with my man.
At first he had this inquisitive, slightly puzzled reaction, but he kept sniffing me so I thought he liked it. Except his facial expression didn't exactly reflect that, lol.
So I asked him.
He said "This is really weird. Your perfume. Smells nice but it's like it can't decide weather to be sexy or yummy, and it sure as hell can't pull off both at the same time"

And there, you have it. It's a nice beginning but it's missing some ingredients to complete the recipe. Perhaps if the musk was animalic instead of white, it would give it more depth, more oomph? Who knows. But when I wear it, it's like I'm stepping out in my favorite outfit... and I forgot to put on my shoes.

by Nisie
by BadKat
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Le Monde est Beau by Kenzo