Flower by Kenzo 2000 Eau de Parfum

Flower by Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Flower by Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGingerGinger
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.10.2021.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Who has never seen a red wilderness of poppies overlooking the ears of wheat at the beginning of summer? Poppies are wildflowers that grow spontaneously and bloom from spring into early summer. The red petals are like rice paper, but alas, they have no scent. So why use poppy to promote a perfume like Kenzo Flower? Perhaps because its ephemeral beauty, strength, and delicacy express everything this perfume has. Noteworthy, following the trench warfare in the poppy fields of Flanders, Belgium during World War I, poppies have become a symbol of remembrance of soldiers who have died during wartime.

Despite being on the market since 2000, I only discovered it these days, and I immediately fell in love with it. Alberto Morillas’ nose brought together the floral accord, which gives delicacy and sensuality, added the powdery and musky accord, which gives a feeling of intimacy and finally the vibrant accord of smoky resins that introduces an almost mystical note. Published as a masterpiece that remains very modern, not at all dated or taken for granted. When I sprayed it, it smelled of purple, softness and talc, like the dressing process of a sophisticated woman. It was exotic, completely different from the fresh perfumes that women are currently wearing.

Flower shows a head full of a floral accord, similar to a slight shiver that encloses the Bulgarian rose, the Parma violet and the citrusy Sicilian lemon. While I don’t have strong tartness, what reaches my nose is an explosion of fruit along with powdery purple and sour berries. A floral opening, a subtle balance of purple and pink. Ouch, it’s so damn good and captivating. The scent is immediately light, fresh, a flowery sweet.

Let the overture calm down, and immediately a lemonade magnolia blooms, rich in the accord of iris talc and the scent of synthetic hedione, a jasmine-like odour. Resinous opoponax, which is a kind of honeyed myrrh, reinforces its sweetness. Behind that lipstick vibe, there is subtle rose water, which dilutes the otherwise overly opulent blend. To keep everything clean, a musky touch exudes from the heart of this essence.

But Flower is more than that. Apart from the floral and powdery facets, the base releases a smoky accord of incense, smoky but not too ecclesiastical, which merges with a whisper of dark vanilla, which makes it more intense. It is not too sweet in vanilla, and it is my opinion that it is because of the woody base and the opoponax that rounds the vanilla.

It is a persistent but delicate fragrance. Beast mode as for longevity, over six hours. Nice to see and wear, to try at least once in a lifetime. Kenzo Flower is a beautiful example that shows that impressive sillage and enormous lasting potency don’t have to conflict with a nuanced and delicate overall impression. A powdery floral with an inimitable signature. There is a lot of resistance to this perfume. It is appropriate for day wear and casual events, and it is an ideal perfume for spring and summer. I love it. Did I mention that already?

I based the review on a bottle I have owned since September 2021.

-Elysium
Completely underrated
Kenzo's Flower divides the Parfumo - community immensely, it seems to me.
And I can not understand why.
Kenzo is for me the epitome of groomed. No fragrance exudes as much freshness and purity as Flower.
My aunt used to wear this fragrance all the time, she always smelled amazing. At some point, when I then began to be interested in fragrances, I went in search of him, he was not out of my head.
I was very curious if he would smell as great on me as he did on her.
I was not disappointed.
The first spray and I felt it! This clean, pure, clean freshness. Cloudy white it radiates
like a spring awakening so wonderful, I feel with it winged, inspired, elated, and get truly spring fever.
Flower by Kenzo Eau de Parfum is delicately floral, fruity fresh, light and fuzzy green and the base is not at all bappig sweet or particularly dense but subtle and harmonious.
To split the fragrance into its components I do not succeed. He is simply an absolutely harmonizing, homogeneous unit that works super.
He keeps with me for hours and gives me the feeling to smell absolutely great.
I am often asked about it and looked at in amazement when I say that it is Flower by Kenzo.
My skin seems to enter into a true symbiosis with him.
With me, he is just wonderfully balanced.
Even if he does not appeal to the majority here, for me he is the ideal spring / summer good mood feel-good care fragrance.
Love's maximum
LibraryGhost
One summer flower meadow to go please!
Simply super fragrance.

I remember when I tested this fragrance for the first time together with my mother about 15 years ago. He smelled so indescribably good. He was light and not too heavy. Appealed to us the poppy , the symbol of Flower by Kenzo, which literally screamed at us that we should try it.

The fragrance itself is reminiscent of a warm, light spring day, the meadow sways slowly back and forth from the light wind and exudes the most diverse scents of the flowers from the meadow.
In my opinion, a fragrance that simply fits every occasion, as it is neither heavy nor too intrusive. You can wear it in the office or even to go out. Floral and feminine. I have to get me this fragrance necessarily times again
Land of Smiles
If you go to Düsseldorf at normal times to the Japanese quarter on the other side of the Rhine from the old town, you usually can't miss it. You can smell it, because Nippon's daughters literally bathe in the fragrances of Kenzo and Flowers is the evergreen there. Quasi a classic of the Japanese women living in Germany, who belong to the upper class.

Even when the fragrance came on the market 20 years ago, I was taken by the simple and in a certain way futuristic and elegant bottle. Well, what the poppy has to do with the fragrance, I can not say. In any case, there's nothing in it that reminds me of a poppy blossom.

The beginning is with me citrusy fresh with a hint of floral, which is supposed to be the violets. But could also be rose. With a little pepp from the ginger a fresh start, which I like very much. Add to that the floral scents which then round everything off. The finish then warmer and powdery by musk and amber also more sensual . Vanilla I do not smell so much, but patchouli, which rounds off the fragrance harmoniously in skillful concentration, without it being intrusive. Durability with me 4-5 hours and there you can not complain.

Despite the summery poppy blossom, it is a fragrance that fits more to the cold season. But can also be related to my preference for fresh, floral fragrances in summer half-year.
Who are but for this fragrance should be aware that it is also very popular outside of Düsseldorf and has its Anhängerinnern. I do not mind and I will send him when it gets warmer again, in the summer quarters
Goldlocke
So unique that everyone recognizes him
You know when you're looking for a unique scent - yes, a signature scent that makes everyone think, "oh smell that, here comes SHE"?
I thought I found that scent in Flower by Kenzo: Wonderfully powdery, feminine, sweet without smelling like cotton candy, a tiny bit floral, no fruity notes (which I can't stand), plus it lasts wonderfully long and isn't too overbearing...
Sound too good to be true?
Now here's the catch: EVERYONE recognizes it. If you pass a woman who wears Kenzo Flower you know immediately: ah yes, look at, that's Flower by Kenzo. Everyone immediately knows the low price, everyone has the strange bottle in mind, everyone knows that you can get it at any Douglas around the corner. He just smells the same on every woman.
And that is - for me - the problem.
I don't want everyone to think I'm settling for a cheap Douglas fragrance, even more so in such a futuristic flacon without elegance, without any hint of class.

Conclusion: In itself, a pleasant, soft, powdery fragrance - actually perfect - just not for me.
Too bad
Vivien1001
cosy and secure - warm and floral
In the beginning - I grew up with the fragrance. My mother had had this fragrance before and had worn it very often as long as I can remember.
Therefore this fragrance per se has a very individual value for me, as I associate it with home.

Now I haven't lived at home for a long time and the smell was out of my head.
Recently, however, I received a little test at Douglas and had to smile right away. In my perfume collecting passion, this fragrance has completely disappeared and I never bought it. Until now.

After I emptied the small bottle within a very short time and enjoyed every single second with the fragrance, I immediately decided to buy it.

First of all, I think that the fragrance has been minimally reformulated and has gained in depth compared to the past. But there is no exact information about it. Can be a matter of pure sensation.

What is there to say about the scent:
It simulates a smell of the poppy flower, which does not exist per se. That's a great idea. Nevertheless, Alberto Morillas has succeeded very well.
The base of the fragrance is warm, cuddly and in my opinion also creamy. The composition of musk, patchouli, vanilla and amber gives this rather floral fragrance an immense depth and durability. One has at least 8 hours of intense pleasure with the fragrance The base ensures that the floral heart notes can unfold fantastically. Together they form a unique constellation that you won't find in any other perfume. Neither the rose, nor the mimosa, nor the camellia are individually recognizable. They create a perfectly harmonious overall picture. The fruity and spicy top notes lychee and ginger give the fragrance a great lightness and fruitiness in the first few minutes, but these are quickly displaced by the heart and base notes.

Conclusion: I like to reach for the Flower by Kenzo. Especially now in autumn and winter, it is a floral fragrance that offers more than the lightness I would like for spring or summer. Nevertheless, it is not so worn down that one could not wear it in spring or summer. So it is a great allrounder for all seasons.
I see the fragrance more during the day, but with the right outfit it is also suitable for going out.
For me one of the most diverse floral fragrances.
PS: By the way, the sister L'Elixir is also fantastic and a great flanker. Take a sniff if necessary. Flower by Kenzo fans will like this one too.

Mozart1756
Powdery, elegant, your grandma's rose scent
Why its having low 6.7 point? Somebody trolling? Its shocking ford me the see that beautys point. Thats not spicy, yuk, overly heavy, choking scent. I see the last comment from 2018/12 its not popular as it used to be. I know Flower from my past years when I was little somebody use this and it makes me feel confident, safe, relax, calm. Kenzo's very popular and successfull scent for me. White musk+very violet, vanilla gives this calm/powdery/soft / lux vibes. Violet+rose are dominant notes in scent. Flower a bit mature like mother/grandmother because its slightly sour/retro Bulgarian rose. But very likeable too. I really enjoy it on my skin. Not beast mode longevity but good. Its scent cloud welldone ✅. Women like that scent generally, its very good gift to a woman who likes rosy smells. Alberto Morillas did good job for Kenzo. But bottle isnt ergonomic.
Everyday companion.
Despite the cooler season, it was like Flower by Kenzo to me today. For me, the fragrance actually belongs rather in warm, spring-like weather, I generally like to wear fragrances suitable to the climatic conditions. Nevertheless, I was as misguided as today after this fragrance, I had not worn it for so long, but I have it certainly already over 10 years as a firm component in my small wardrobe perfumery. But since new, try-on and wearable fragrances were often added, he was unfortunately not allowed to do enough in the last few months.
I associate with this fragrance good mood, early
Awakening of the year and sunshine.
Since I like to try myself in the fragrance process, since I find this important in each of my perfumes, (but unfortunately I am not a professional in individual notes), here is my perception of this Kenzo:
For me the fragrance starts sweet-fruity and only slightly floral. In the further course the fruity one retreats. The scent remains flowery-sweet-powdery-fresh, I smell more floral as well as vanilla I perceive. I find this fragrance very pleasant and unobtrusive, you don't need too much 2, at most 3 splashes are enough to perceive the fragrance for a long time. For me, this fragrance always works (preferably when the weather is better, more likely from spring). I wear it then in the job and the spare time, a beautiful "Immergeher".

Urban flower
This scent so clean and discrete, lightly spicy, is like a flower grown in the grey concrete, a urban , unexpected flower giving a touch of red in the grey, as the packaging picture suggests.
Looking at the bottle , you think of a zen perfume: simple, clear, minimal with its slim silhouette .
The moment you spray it, a spicy-floery acchord arrives to your nose. You smell the ginger and the innocent violet , quite powdery and light, not so vibrant.
The flowery heart is only suggested and it isn't at all as in the ladylike perfumes.
In particular, on my skin the frankincense note , Smoky but cold remains on my skin with a powdery result, while I don't smell so much the other notes of the base acchord such as the patchouli and the vanilla.
The result is a pefect everyday scent to wear as a second skin or like a soft cotton shirt to smell good all day long. The longevity , in fact, is quite good although the sillage isn't so strong . A scent to feel you a floer in the city or at the job.

Ghost Flower
I find the opening a bit sharp. A lot of violet emerges out while the rose gives a soft touch. At the drydown the vanilla smoothens it into a comforting body scent. I find it indeed very powdery. And I detected some incense-like notes that tickle the nose and constantly reboost up the soft floral and vanilla, very interesting. The sillage is quite good and the longevity is around 7h on me.

I personally think the bottle is an excellent visual interpretation for the fragrance. It's floral, sensual, and incredibly clean. I especially love it in spring and autumn. I don't think it's a very seductive fragrance, otherwise it can fit numerous occasions with different amount of application. It's not bold, but still very distinctive. It surely has its uniqueness in the floral categories.

Originally written in 2013.

OmniamfayedOmniamfayed 1 year ago
Powdery violet heaven!.. very elegant and clean but not if over spray.
It's a naturally subtle smell that become chocking if over-spraied.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
clean, a little spicy but discrete. It's the perfect every day scent

Am Muttertag dürfen es auch mal Blümchen sein ;)
by Flanker
Miniatur wirkt ganz schön groß
by Agrafena
Vom Winde verweht, die poppies.
by Gandix
Klatschmohnimpressionen für die Seele (1)
by Lavendel18
by Gandix
Klatschmohnimpressionen für die Seele (2)
by Lavendel18
Ein schattiges Plätzchen für den heißen Tag heute.
by ElenaN
by ElenaN
by Edda32
by Edda32
Blaue Blume
by Camey5000
by Hirooz
by Hirooz
KENZO Flower in the front accompanied by Pupa Air De Fio 1 and 2 in the back.
by Jasmine87
by Madkat
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo