Flower by Kenzo 2000 Eau de Parfum

Flower by Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Flower by Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Lychee, Mandarin orange, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesCamellia, Mimosa, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla, Frankincense, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.05.2021.

Land of Smiles
If you go to Düsseldorf at normal times to the Japanese quarter on the other side of the Rhine from the old town, you usually can't miss it. You can smell it, because Nippon's daughters literally bathe in the fragrances of Kenzo and Flowers is the evergreen there. Quasi a classic of the Japanese women living in Germany, who belong to the upper class.

Even when the fragrance came on the market 20 years ago, I was taken by the simple and in a certain way futuristic and elegant bottle. Well, what the poppy has to do with the fragrance, I can not say. In any case, there's nothing in it that reminds me of a poppy blossom.

The beginning is with me citrusy fresh with a hint of floral, which is supposed to be the violets. But could also be rose. With a little pepp from the ginger a fresh start, which I like very much. Add to that the floral scents which then round everything off. The finish then warmer and powdery by musk and amber also more sensual . Vanilla I do not smell so much, but patchouli, which rounds off the fragrance harmoniously in skillful concentration, without it being intrusive. Durability with me 4-5 hours and there you can not complain.

Despite the summery poppy blossom, it is a fragrance that fits more to the cold season. But can also be related to my preference for fresh, floral fragrances in summer half-year.
Who are but for this fragrance should be aware that it is also very popular outside of Düsseldorf and has its Anhängerinnern. I do not mind and I will send him when it gets warmer again, in the summer quarters
Goldlocke
So unique that everyone recognizes him
You know when you're looking for a unique scent - yes, a signature scent that makes everyone think, "oh smell that, here comes SHE"?
I thought I found that scent in Flower by Kenzo: Wonderfully powdery, feminine, sweet without smelling like cotton candy, a tiny bit floral, no fruity notes (which I can't stand), plus it lasts wonderfully long and isn't too overbearing...
Sound too good to be true?
Now here's the catch: EVERYONE recognizes it. If you pass a woman who wears Kenzo Flower you know immediately: ah yes, look at, that's Flower by Kenzo. Everyone immediately knows the low price, everyone has the strange bottle in mind, everyone knows that you can get it at any Douglas around the corner. He just smells the same on every woman.
And that is - for me - the problem.
I don't want everyone to think I'm settling for a cheap Douglas fragrance, even more so in such a futuristic flacon without elegance, without any hint of class.

Conclusion: In itself, a pleasant, soft, powdery fragrance - actually perfect - just not for me.
Too bad
Vivien1001
cosy and secure - warm and floral
In the beginning - I grew up with the fragrance. My mother had had this fragrance before and had worn it very often as long as I can remember.
Therefore this fragrance per se has a very individual value for me, as I associate it with home.

Now I haven't lived at home for a long time and the smell was out of my head.
Recently, however, I received a little test at Douglas and had to smile right away. In my perfume collecting passion, this fragrance has completely disappeared and I never bought it. Until now.

After I emptied the small bottle within a very short time and enjoyed every single second with the fragrance, I immediately decided to buy it.

First of all, I think that the fragrance has been minimally reformulated and has gained in depth compared to the past. But there is no exact information about it. Can be a matter of pure sensation.

What is there to say about the scent:
It simulates a smell of the poppy flower, which does not exist per se. That's a great idea. Nevertheless, Alberto Morillas has succeeded very well.
The base of the fragrance is warm, cuddly and in my opinion also creamy. The composition of musk, patchouli, vanilla and amber gives this rather floral fragrance an immense depth and durability. One has at least 8 hours of intense pleasure with the fragrance The base ensures that the floral heart notes can unfold fantastically. Together they form a unique constellation that you won't find in any other perfume. Neither the rose, nor the mimosa, nor the camellia are individually recognizable. They create a perfectly harmonious overall picture. The fruity and spicy top notes lychee and ginger give the fragrance a great lightness and fruitiness in the first few minutes, but these are quickly displaced by the heart and base notes.

Conclusion: I like to reach for the Flower by Kenzo. Especially now in autumn and winter, it is a floral fragrance that offers more than the lightness I would like for spring or summer. Nevertheless, it is not so worn down that one could not wear it in spring or summer. So it is a great allrounder for all seasons.
I see the fragrance more during the day, but with the right outfit it is also suitable for going out.
For me one of the most diverse floral fragrances.
PS: By the way, the sister L'Elixir is also fantastic and a great flanker. Take a sniff if necessary. Flower by Kenzo fans will like this one too.

Mozart1756
Powdery, elegant, your grandma's rose scent
Why its having low 6.7 point? Somebody trolling? Its shocking ford me the see that beautys point. Thats not spicy, yuk, overly heavy, choking scent. I see the last comment from 2018/12 its not popular as it used to be. I know Flower from my past years when I was little somebody use this and it makes me feel confident, safe, relax, calm. Kenzo's very popular and successfull scent for me. White musk+very violet, vanilla gives this calm/powdery/soft / lux vibes. Violet+rose are dominant notes in scent. Flower a bit mature like mother/grandmother because its slightly sour/retro Bulgarian rose. But very likeable too. I really enjoy it on my skin. Not beast mode longevity but good. Its scent cloud welldone ✅. Women like that scent generally, its very good gift to a woman who likes rosy smells. Alberto Morillas did good job for Kenzo. But bottle isnt ergonomic.
Everyday companion.
Despite the cooler season, it was like Flower by Kenzo to me today. For me, the fragrance actually belongs rather in warm, spring-like weather, I generally like to wear fragrances suitable to the climatic conditions. Nevertheless, I was as misguided as today after this fragrance, I had not worn it for so long, but I have it certainly already over 10 years as a firm component in my small wardrobe perfumery. But since new, try-on and wearable fragrances were often added, he was unfortunately not allowed to do enough in the last few months.
I associate with this fragrance good mood, early
Awakening of the year and sunshine.
Since I like to try myself in the fragrance process, since I find this important in each of my perfumes, (but unfortunately I am not a professional in individual notes), here is my perception of this Kenzo:
For me the fragrance starts sweet-fruity and only slightly floral. In the further course the fruity one retreats. The scent remains flowery-sweet-powdery-fresh, I smell more floral as well as vanilla I perceive. I find this fragrance very pleasant and unobtrusive, you don't need too much 2, at most 3 splashes are enough to perceive the fragrance for a long time. For me, this fragrance always works (preferably when the weather is better, more likely from spring). I wear it then in the job and the spare time, a beautiful "Immergeher".

Urban flower
This scent so clean and discrete, lightly spicy, is like a flower grown in the grey concrete, a urban , unexpected flower giving a touch of red in the grey, as the packaging picture suggests.
Looking at the bottle , you think of a zen perfume: simple, clear, minimal with its slim silhouette .
The moment you spray it, a spicy-floery acchord arrives to your nose. You smell the ginger and the innocent violet , quite powdery and light, not so vibrant.
The flowery heart is only suggested and it isn't at all as in the ladylike perfumes.
In particular, on my skin the frankincense note , Smoky but cold remains on my skin with a powdery result, while I don't smell so much the other notes of the base acchord such as the patchouli and the vanilla.
The result is a pefect everyday scent to wear as a second skin or like a soft cotton shirt to smell good all day long. The longevity , in fact, is quite good although the sillage isn't so strong . A scent to feel you a floer in the city or at the job.

Ghost Flower
I find the opening a bit sharp. A lot of violet emerges out while the rose gives a soft touch. At the drydown the vanilla smoothens it into a comforting body scent. I find it indeed very powdery. And I detected some incense-like notes that tickle the nose and constantly reboost up the soft floral and vanilla, very interesting. The sillage is quite good and the longevity is around 7h on me.

I personally think the bottle is an excellent visual interpretation for the fragrance. It's floral, sensual, and incredibly clean. I especially love it in spring and autumn. I don't think it's a very seductive fragrance, otherwise it can fit numerous occasions with different amount of application. It's not bold, but still very distinctive. It surely has its uniqueness in the floral categories.

Originally written in 2013.

Bcars10
An ageless perfume with a modern twist
Kenzo Flower definitely shares some of its DNA with Prince Matchabelli's Wind Song perfume. I haven't smelled that one in a very long time, but it used to be the only perfume my mother ever wore. Every day before she left for work, she would hug me goodbye, and then all day I would smell her on my clothes. Wind Song was potent and tenacious juice! And there is some component in Flower that strongly recalls these memories to my mind. I've tried comparing lists of notes, but I haven't narrowed it down yet. A couple of notes do overlap (mandarin, rose, amber, musk), but they don't stand out to me as possibilities. Mostly because the similar note feels spicy to my nose, in the way that carnation is a bit spicy. But neither perfume lists carnation!

I applied two sprays to the back of my neck/hair, one to my chest, and one on each arm. That was too much. My daughter commented from the stairwell, "Wow! Someone is quite aromatic this morning!" So spray accordingly. This stuff fills a room. It has been wafting around my person all day. It smells really good, but strong. Longevity seems to be about 6-8 hours. It lasts in clothing and hair longer than on skin, but I think that is pretty well true of most perfumes.

The top is a bit sharp, but it does not last long. The violet note dries down very powdery. I feel that the mimosa also renders this quite a bit more sweet-powdery than most people are willing to smell like. It's not quite a baby powder smell--it's a bit more sophisticated than that--but still, if you do not like powdery scents, best to steer clear of this one. I love powdery scents, but this one has a biting note that I can't quite place. I do like it, but it brings me to the very edge of headache territory.

This is an unusual perfume. It brings to mind perfumes from a by-gone era, but also it feels modern. I first smelled it on my husband's cousin in Germany in 2001, I believe it was. It's a very memorable scent because I still remember it today, 16 years later! I feel it is in the same vein as Wind Song (as noted above), Arpege, and L'air du Temps.

Bottle is tall and skinny, so if my perfume tray gets jostled, it wobbles. It seems a bit art deco for this scent. I picture more of a flacon from some time in the 1950's, but overall, it's okay.

Overall, I give it a 6.5. Good, but I likely won't reach for it often. It's probably best for evening wear.

Briarthorn
It started pleasntly enough...
It opens pleasantly with a very powdery violet. Not the usual violet because there is a strong mandarin zing with it.

As it warms up it gets sweet, probably from the opoponax and vanilla. I didn't think the strong mandarin and sweetness mixed very well for me. It actually reminded me a lot of the Miss Charming and Stella. Not because it's the same notes per se but because it had the same "vibe" with the sweet and zing.

It got a bit better on the drydown as the mandarin finally began to fade but I dislike the heart so much that I am going to have to put it on my dislike list.

Sillage was a little bigger than I like and it lasted about 5 hours.

If you like Miss Charming and Stella then you should try this one because you may like this one too. It has the same "feel".

Jun
2014
2.5
2.5

diluted Ombre Rose
Jean-Charles Brosseau's Ombre Rose is one of those scents that has held up well over the years. As Sherapop has pointed out, sometimes the scents that weren't very expensive to begin with don't suffer the same drastic reformulations by perfume companies seeking to squeeze out a little more profit per bottle. It's calming, and I wear it to sleep sometimes, soothed by its pink roses and quiet woods.

To my nose, Ombre Rose didn't need an update. But someone at Kenzo thought otherwise, so we have Kenzo Winter Flowers. Soft pink roses, hints of powdery mimosa, and almost no base. I can only guess that someone noted the success of Chloe edp and decided to push a new Ombre Rose in that direction. Sadly, taking out the woody base makes WF almost imperceptible in less than four hours.

OmniamfayedOmniamfayed 12 months ago
Powdery violet heaven!.. very elegant and clean but not if over spray.
It's a naturally subtle smell that become chocking if over-spraied.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
clean, a little spicy but discrete. It's the perfect every day scent

Am Muttertag dürfen es auch mal Blümchen sein ;)
by Flanker
Miniatur wirkt ganz schön groß
by Agrafena
Vom Winde verweht, die poppies.
by Gandix
Ein schattiges Plätzchen für den heißen Tag heute.
by ElenaN
by ElenaN
by Edda32
by Edda32
Blaue Blume
by Camey5000
by Hirooz
by Hirooz
KENZO Flower in the front accompanied by Pupa Air De Fio 1 and 2 in the back.
by Jasmine87
by Madkat
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo