Jungle pour Homme (1998) Eau de Toilette

Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo

Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Kenzo for men and was released in 1998. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesMate, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Gaiac wood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.09.2019

5.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Kenzo Jungle and dogs from Rosenheim - a little anecdote
Yesterday I was eating with a good friend and we also talked a lot about scents and perfumes. I remembered my bizarre experiences with Kenzo Jungle during my studies in Rosenheim and we had a lot of fun about it ... and of course I would like to "shorten" the lunch break a bit for the inclined perfume-reader with this short anecdote ...

... so it happened at that time in beautiful Rosenheim am Inn, that I got the new Jungle from Kenzo after I had found it very beautiful in a test. For a while I really enjoyed the fragrance and got a very positive echo from my friends and acquaintances. I was happy with my new fragrance and liked to wear it to the FH or to go out in the evening. But then something got out of hand ...

One morning my flat mate / fellow student / friend went to the FH with our bicycles. A - as I found - pleasant unobtrusive Jungle cloud waved around me and left an unexpectedly consequent trace.
Shortly after the start some dogs suddenly attached themselves to my verses one after the other. Not aggressively, but rather affectionately. We joked that modern perfumers must have worked with animal pheromones. I managed to shake off the dogs.

A few days later I had lunch with a small group of fellow students in a beer garden between the lectures. Suddenly I had a small group of different dogs on my neck again, who ran around excitedly between my legs and tried their first climbing attempts on my calves. My roommate only meant dry in the most beautiful Viennese: "Des is Dei perfume ... I believe Hund´ de find´n des leiwand." And in fact, I was wearing KJ again. We were fooling around at the table a little bit about the topic and there were still a few - as I slowly realized exclusively - males on a flirt past and were collected by their masters again and called to order.

In the following days I had then still another strange meeting of the dog-olfactory kind and I decided to separate myself from KJ, which I suddenly also no longer so well liked to suffer ...

Chance or not ... after that there was an end to the animalistic advances ... and probably a few bitches finally had no reason to be jealous of a diesel-engineered two-legged friend ;)
9.0 4.0 4.0 5.5/10

Galahad
Mashed potatoes with house dust
As a big fan of Kenzo Power and Kenzo Homme, who both know how to express the soft tones of a men's perfume in a noble way, Kenzo Jungle PH can't convince me at all. Because - and this should be said in advance - Jungle remains too quiet on my skin, even after an hour it is barely perceptible; even very close.
Now a few words to explain my title: Nutmeg is the main spice for me when tasting mashed potatoes and Jungle actually smells like freshly grated nutmeg with a pinch of cinnamon. But not sweet, but dust-dry and unfortunately too little citrus-fresh for my taste despite the lime indicated. Unfortunately, the course of the fragrance on my skin remains very monotonous. From the given mate, which I really appreciate as a cold drink meanwhile. I admit, the first sip of Mate tea was unusual and didn't really taste good, probably comparable to the first beer. Unfortunately Kenzo-Jungle did not get away from my initial judgement even after several tests. For me, the fragrance dominates over the entire course of a rather unpleasant musty-dry tendency that reminds me of sweat. I had expected a noble, clearly reserved, but less stale overall impression from the ingredients listed. What you have to credit to the fragrance: in my opinion, the bottle is extremely successful, looks high quality and extremely suitable for the concept. The spray could be better.
Unfortunately Jungle PH doesn't come close to Power and Homme and has to clear the space in the collection very quickly. Maybe the subsequent owner has more luck with the chemistry between scent and skin ...

Another Kenzo weirdo!
Kenzo Jungle Homme opens with a really peculiar, distinctive and to me totally pleasant accord composed by a sort of odd spicy-green-fruity blend, much aromatic and slightly milky, with sharp lime notes juxtaposed to a creamy, fruity, slightly synthetic feel of tropical fruits (banana, a bit of coconut too), enhanced by carnation and spices – notably nutmeg and cloves. Beyond this, a perfectly-blended note of sandalwood, which is quite sweet and creamy as well. Overall the name fits this scent perfectly, as it is quite an exotic and bizarre Oriental scent which surely conjures a “jungle” mood. What I admire the most is the effort to create something less usual than predictable “green-forest” clichés, trying to evoke a whole “raw nature” ambiance – spices, woods, leaves, even a sort of aqueous-mineral feel. The opening is quite bold, then it suddenly tones down to a nutty-citrus green and creamy blend with a prominent sandalwood note, all well wrapped up in a sort of “balsamic” creaminess that tames down both the fruity-sweet side, and the spices, avoiding to become either “too gourmand” or too spiced. Totally creative and distinctive, but well balanced and restrained enough to be perfectly safe, pleasant and unisex in any circumstance. Finally, on the drydown it becomes more quiet, more gentle and more dry, with spices and woods (cedar too) emerging to the point of bringing Jungle Homme almost close to a woody fougère territory – still with a balmy-sweet Oriental vibe all over, also with distant echoes of Opium pour Homme. A bit synthetic (this meaning “cheap”) here and there, but really nice and creative, also smelling fairly “niche” (in the positive meaning).

7/10

by Scentist
by Miggax
by Miggax

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Parfum d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme Night by Kenzo Kenzo World (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo