Kenzo Air 2003Eau de Toilette

Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo
Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Kenzo for men and was released in 2003. The scent is spicy-fresh. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Maurice Roucel

Amber, Angelica, Aniseed, Bergamot, Caraway, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.06.2020.

The striking sea breeze
The first thing you can notice is a refreshing, powerful and intense citric note, which hides a slight herbaceous nuance in the background and is due to the bergamot.

At the same time, the bergamot is accompanied by a light earthy nuance, brings a fine, root-like touch and brings something attention-grabbing to the start and my research has shown that this fragrance characteristic may well come from Angelica.

Already at the beginning, this pleasant hint was already quite finely perceptible and has unfolded a little bit later completely.

A wonderful intense ethereal, almost menthol-like, but nevertheless soft aromatic note can now be perceived, which reminds me of nutmeg and black pepper and gives the fragrance a wonderful transparent, shimmering substance and you feel enveloped in a fresh, distinctive sea breeze.

In the background and in my case only on the skin, a fine, tart, discreetly sweet, deep woody shade ensures that the aura of the sea breeze is pleasantly maintained and stems from the vetiver in interaction with the liquorice, but I have typed on vetiver and ebony
Almost at the very end a delicate, very discreet sweetish nuance adds itself to the composition and hides a fine balsamic cuddly spice on the skin, which provides for a beautiful finish.

I could not perceive caraway, but I can very well imagine that this component was used to complete the picture.

Overall, the fragrance keeps 6 andden on my skin.

The SIllage is conceived from the outset in such a way that one is clearly perceived at half an arm's length and this is also maintained for 2.5 hours, before it is reduced in quiet steps until the end of thegut.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "SolisOcassum" for the sample.
2.5

ISO E Similar
This is a light and airy fragrance, maybe one of the best Kenzo's I've ever tried. It does bother me that it's gone after about 2 hours. It's projection also could've been better, but I suppose that would tear down the core concept of the fragrance; air.

You can easily detect the Iso E Super. Considering this fragrance's perfume is 48% Iso E Super and Encre Noire's is 45% ISO E Super, it's also not really a shock they have similarities. I found them close enough at times to vote for a reminder of the other fragrance, but only in their drydown.

/edit: When smelling them side by side they seem more different than I had thought them to be. It's strange, because the first few times when I smelled Encre Noir it made me think of Air, but it had been nearly 8 years since I had smelled the Kenzo. And when I recently put on Air again for the first time in those 8 years, it made me think of a lighter Encre Noir.

Air has the added licorice and anise notes, which really complement each other and together with ISO E Super they form a great team. I guess they have the ISO E Super and vetiver in common, but that is pretty much it. Comparing them side by side after about 30 minutes, they share similarities but Air is a lot lighter than Encre Noir. I guess it's the ISO E Super that keeps popping up every once in a while.

So in conclusion. Are they the same? No. Do they have similarities? Yes. In the end, I think Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver would be closer related to Encre Noir than Kenzo Air is. Grey Vetiver could be it's younger and lighter summertime brother, while Air is more of a nephew.

HugoMontezHugoMontez 8 months ago
Excellent breezy scent! Soft vetiver with anise! Linear but great! Good longevity beside what people say. Bring this beauty back, Kenzo!

Dreaming of The Mediterranean
by MrFumejunkie
by Chnokfir
by Chnokfir

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Le Monde est Beau by Kenzo