Kenzo Amour 2006

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo
Bottle Design Karim Rashid
Top 83 in Women's Perfume
Kenzo Amour is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRice steamRice steam White teaWhite tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotropeHeliotrope FrangipaniFrangipani Cherry blossomCherry blossom
Base Notes Base NotesThanaka woodThanaka wood VanillaVanilla FrankincenseFrankincense White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.05.2022.

Should Have Been a One-Night Stand, but I Fell In Love Instead
Powdery fragrances are like my thoughts on committed relationships with women. They are amazing with the right mix of presence and assertiveness.

However, when they are too aggressive and suffocating, I would not think twice about leaving.

That said, Kenzo Amour is like a woman that is aggressive and does not bother trying to hide what she wants. It announces its presence by kicking the door open with high heels and getting in your face to ask you out on a date.

Somehow, despite all signs pointing to run away, I instead grow attached because of the refreshing honesty!

----

The opening of Kenzo Amour starts with rice steam and tea hits like a truck because it is so strong. However, when the heart notes of heliotrope and cherry blossom resonate to add a hint of freshness to the powdery scent.

By the time you get to the base note—which is a mix of frankincense, vanilla, and a light musk—you may just fall head over heels when the scent envelops into a gourmand touch.

The initial scent may resemble the powdery opening from Dolce & Gabanna’s Light Blue, or the powerful opening may remind some people that it hits hard like Yves Saint Laurent’s Black Opium or Mugler’s Angel. That is not a surprise because Olivier Cresp is a nose that is the creator or a factor behind all these notable fragrances (and more).

Also, on a side note, I want to appreciate that the bottle would easily blend in as a sculpture found in a modern art museum! I'm not big on bottle artistry, but this caught my attention.

----

In terms of performance, Amour is outright amazing, exceeding expectations for an Eau de Parfum, and easily reaching parfum territory!

I give the superstar level of sillage and projection for fragrances that people notice as soon as he or she enters a room. It is like an A-List musician or actor stepping into the room that gets attention without trying.

Amour goes beyond the superstar level.

The fragrance is noticeable from as far as 30 feet away. In a city, it can easily drift through a bus or train car, with people turning towards you because they figured out you are the source. The fragrance is also easily noticeable through a club or a bar.

The longevity is just as amazing. With one spritz, Amour can easily last beyond a full twenty-four hours, and it may take a full shower to get the fragrance off completely.

----

As a fresh and powdery fragrance, this would be amazing as a workout scent, as it will absolutely overpower most body odor without, and is likely one of the few fragrances with a strong projection that will not annoy other people at a gym.

However, because of the amazing projection and performance, Amour is a horrible choice as an office fragrance; despite the amazing smell, someone is likely to be annoyed by it, even if you are not in the same room as the complainer. Likewise, the summer heat may make Amour outright overwhelming, if not unbearable.

That said, thanks to the longevity, this is easy to wear in an evening scenario, where the temperatures are cooler, and one may need a fragrance to work for a longer period.

It can work in the winter and fall, but a fresh and powdery fragrance is an easy fragrance to wear in the spring—and it will still stand out greatly among the other floral and light scents that permeate in the air.

----

Overall, Kenzo Amour won me over as a decisively feminine fragrance, especially speaking as a man who dislikes most powdery scents.

That said, it is always a matter of taste. People who are seeking a subtle, powdery fragrance for leisure or (especially) a fragrance to assist with conducting business will be massively disappointed. The best option is to kick Amour to the curb and find a better fragrance that suits one's lifestyle.

However, if a person wants to be the center of attention in the evening hours or in the mild spring breeze, and wants an affordable powdery and fresh fragrance (with a light chef's kiss) that will stay through everything, then I highly recommend making the commitment to Amour.
It just grows with you
At 19, I once stood in the turquoise and was in love. Kenzo had relaunched Amour and I had only a narrow FSJ salary. For years I wanted him for Christmas and so he became my first Signature.

Soft, beautiful, warm vanilla and something pleasantly floral to go with it. A fragrance that carries you, caresses you and yet is timeless. Even today, I still reach for my squeaky pink bottle and have rediscovered it many times, because it is close to the body but still perceptible. It wears very well without being overpowering. The very subtle head means it barely makes an impact at first, in the dry down it develops more depth due to the combo of florals. However, heliotrope and cherry blossom also give it something very fragile. The base is very present thanks to the woods. The vanilla in particular is different. Less sweet-sugary and more enveloping, it seems absolutely not intrusive.

A really good fragrance, which rightly has its fans over this long time - including me.
LuckyLisa
♡Amour♡ or: The love that never dies
If you're a regular on the forum and read anything about Kenzo Amour, those comments are probably 80% me? I think that's why it's about time I wrote a review about him.

It was 2006, I had just gotten over the fact that Naomagic was no longer available, consoled myself with Glow and also the Dior Addict (2002) Eau de Parfum (the most beautiful version of the fragrance) was in my collection, so I went to Douglas (at that time still an overcoming, I still so young and the ladies there somehow so intimidating) There I saw these funny bottles (at that time each size still had a different color)
I took 'this vase' from the shelf and behind me a voice:" The fragrance is brand new!" A sheepish, "Oh," I got out. The saleswoman was very nice and sprayed it on me and I remember it like today, I was HOOKED! I loved it sooo much that I bought it immediately.
And since then he accompanies me through my life.

With Amour I spent the most beautiful summers, I took him on my first holidays to Tenerife, South of France and Paris. He accompanied me through my first relationship and also through my first real heartbreak. With Amour I danced the nights away and everyone who knew me knew Amour.

Ok ok, enough about that, I think everyone understood why the scent meant so much to me, but why do I think it's so good now?

Well, in my eyes Amour is a CROWDPLEASER that always fits, that vanilla and rice vapour (which I actually detect) make it lovely sweet but not that it becomes unbearable. I think you can wear it all year round, it's not a beast but definitely gets noticed by others. Heliotrope and the cherry blossom give it a minimal floral touch but also the right dose of beautiful powderiness.

Over the years I have come across so many great fragrances and certainly there are more exciting, more individual and more special fragrances, but for me Kenzo Amour is the fragrance that will always have a place in my heart:

♡...because it is love♡

Diamond Eggshell Emulsion
It smells proper rich and creamy. But it smells more like eggshell paint or a nail varnish than a perfume, like it's almost toxic. The woods are prominent and too skanky. It's mainly frangipani with the tropical nuance and cherry blossom with the creamy Vanilla vibe. Overall it's like a sickly vanilla bomb with rough woods. This isn't soft at all. Quite offensive actually.
Love at first sight
The first time he met me about 12 years ago. At that time I had no idea about perfumes and almost never wore any. Therefore, I paid him no further attention, even when he was highly recommended to me. At some point I had to test it anyway, and from then on it was all over me. I was immediately enveloped in a warm, powdery, creamy coat. Amour, how true. The rice vapour and the wood dominate quite a bit, in my opinion. But I like it a lot. At some point, vanilla and musk come in and round it out to a totally love accord. If sensual love were a fragrance, it would be this one. Frangipani and cherry blossom don't come out for me. But that may be because it smells a little different on everyone. Kenzo Amour has accompanied me since then always, he nestles warm vanilla, woody and creamy around me and will continue never missing in my collection
First great love
As mentioned in the statement, this was my first "real" (expensive) fragrance after NoNames and Puma as a teenager. 2009, I was 16 and had a sample of this fragrance in my advent calendar. Wow, it was love at first smell. Rice steam, cherry blossom, frangipani enveloped me along with the most beautiful cozy vanilla. (At the time, I guess it was just wow - no idea what for, but it just smells insane).
Turns out my best friend wore that scent too, never occurred to me to ask her about her perfume though.
My precious sample was squeezed to the last drop.
At that time for me sinfully expensive I wanted him for Christmas, got him after some detours also (that would be too far out) and was for the 1st time in the 7th fragrance heaven. I wore it every day, well dosed, summer and winter. Although it's probably more of a fall/winter scent. But it was simply my signature scent.
For many years this beautiful fragrance was my daily companion and even a 100ml bottle was emptied next to the 30ml bottle, which has not happened with any fragrance since.
I can still remember back then we used to go to the perfume shops to mist ourselves with our Kenzo Amour to save up our sacred supplies at home. Back then it was on the shelf at eye level for everyone to see, advertised big and all its flankers (what a regret I have never picked one of these up, now they are all discontinued. If only they hadn't been so unattainably expensive)

Today it now sits on the bottom shelf in the perfumery, in the far corner, no longer being noticed. He seems to have somehow become old, as I also already sometimes feel. Yet he is in no way outdated or old. It is a warm, cozy, beautiful fragrance that seems to have been sadly forgotten. You don't smell it on every corner, so that might be the upside to it.
So I want to advise you, besides all the "hip" la vie est belle etc, if you don't know this one yet, give it a chance and take a sniff.
He impresses in my opinion also with an almost endless durability, especially on the clothes on which he is still noticeable even after washing. Also, he has no great scent progression, it always remains the same beautiful.

For me, he will always remain what special, even if I wear him no longer so often because the selection has simply become larger. He is for me simply one of the most beautiful, cuddly fragrances and as long as there is him I will always have a bottle here.
Isle of the Gods
I associate the word "Amour" with France, with Paris, the city of love. Many fragrances embody this city. Be it through their extravagance or their "coup de foudre", which they trigger through their olfactory charms. But this fragrance says something different to me. Pas Paris, pas France, pas de l'amour.

This fragrance takes me to a distant island that I have only visited in pictures, but desperately want to see one day. It is green there and exudes a mystical magic. It's a world of gods, Hinduism, offerings, flowers and beautiful beaches. Bali. I imagine myself on a hill in the outback marveling at the otherworldly rice terraces. The magical sight of them gives me pause. The fragrance AMOUR is so Bali in a way that no other fragrance can ever be. It's powdery with its rice steam and tea aromas, mystical with incense and earthy woods. Perfect frangipangi smile gently at me and are kissed by an all embellishing vanilla. It makes me feel good. It is a pure fragrance that promises something big. A scent that is never too much, never too showy. And yet so striking that you sit up and take notice, wrinkle your nose, and wonder what smells so good. An otherworldly treasure that I never want to give away. A fragrance that allows one to find peace in the world of these all-consuming and intrusive scents. To one's faith, to one's inner strength, to oneself.
Winter magic...
... i think of a deep snowy landscape, bitter cold, ice wind and slippery roads, I think of Amour. Whose sweetness and vanilla hints warm my cold limbs, warm the cold air and I myself can warm me in the fragrance better than hot tea .

In the summer I would not want to wear it, me the sweetness would be too much.

It's a great perfume, worn discreetly. This year he was tested between all the lock-downs and closures by me, and I also like it. Remains to hope that we will once again experience a winter with lots of snow !

EdenRosalie
Tantalizing, gripping, fatal – highly addictive
It is my signature perfume, so what more to say than that I love it. The alcoholic opening quickly dissolves with skin contact, the heavy, alluring and enticing notes of vanilla and maybe a hunch of wood creating a startling, highly addictive sensual waft.

I was asked a lot what perfume I use. II received a lot of compliments for this one. It is highly unusual on my skin, which is the blond, brown-eyed and whitish type, my skin and sweat turning the sweetness into something deeper, fuller, fusing every single note to a composition of perfection. Alluring. Enticing. Thought provoking.

That said, I often smelled it on others and it never developed the same. I think it really depends on your skin whether the floral, almost greenish notes come out, or the sweet, heavy flavors of frangipani and musk melt together on your skin, merging with your own body scent. So try it out – with this one it really depends. But if its right for you, you will know.

Classic!
Yesterday I came back from vacation and wore almost exclusively Kenzo Amour. I had bought this in May also on holiday. That's probably why I took him back with me. Definitely no mistake. I already liked Kenzo Amour when he came out. I would have liked to have had it, but it was incredibly popular at the time of its launch, so I could literally smell it at every corner. Since individuality was always important to me, I renounced this fragrance and some time later came across Confetto by Profumum, which I then acquired instead. Today I have both and must state that they have actually not at all much in common, except perhaps the almond rice note. Confetto is a Wummser par excellence, Amour is a flatterer, tender and soft and never too much. You can compare them, but those who like one do not automatically like the other.

So when I was strolling through the perfumeries on holiday in May, I discovered Kenzo Amour and spontaneously bought a 30ml bottle. My husband was also very impressed by this fine, uncomplicated and yet present fragrance. Apart from a very dear friend, I don't know anyone in my circle of acquaintances who still wears this fragrance today. There is no doubt that Kenzo Amour is one of the classics for me, because how many fragrances still manage to hold their own in the market for so long today? Most mainstreamers disappear again after a few years, unfortunately also the really good ones. This one has stayed and even after 13 years still manages to give me a fragrant pleasure

Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
sophisticated and lightly sensual, it makes you travel with the fantasy to exotic landscapes.Not heavy but anyway quite longlasting.Pleasant
LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
Creamy tea-infused rice milk with delicate almond and florals over a lovely base of deep vanilla and woods. A comforting scent.

Wer findet den Fehler im Bild? Na ... ? Es fehlt die Spiegelung des Flakons im Wasser. Ist natürlich getrickst, war doch klar, oder? Der Flakon wäre in Natura sicher abgesoffen. ;-)
by Zora
by Zora
by Entenradio
.......kurz untergestellt......und den Regen abwarten...
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Ein lauer Sommerabend
Die Dame mit Kamelien ))
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91
by Parfumine
.......ein warmes Plätzchen am Fenster....
by Schniene
by Mogli
by bloodflower
by bloodflower

Popular by Kenzo

Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Le Monde est Beau by Kenzo