Kenzo Amour (2006)

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo
Bottle Design: Karim Rashid

Kenzo Amour is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesRice steam, White tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Frangipani, Cherry blossom
Base Notes Base NotesThanaka wood, Vanilla, Frankincense, White musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.03.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 4.0/10

Thyme
The initial enthusiasm turned into aversion
Yesterday I tested two fragrances, one AmorAmor on the left wrist, then Kenzo Amour directly on the neck. Floating on clouds and in the scented sky I left the perfumery branch. What a hefty scent that is, this Kenzo Amour, that you're only testing it now, drove it through my head, at the same time I sniffed similarities (the flattering vanilla note) to Hypnotic Poison.
I was pleased to note the very good durability. Again and again the warm, creamy vanilla scent rose into my nose.
In the course of the evening, however, unfortunately, slight nausea began to appear. So much so I had to scrub it off his neck with a lot of soap. It's not gonna work out between you and me.
9.0 9.0 8.5/10

Actual love
Most probably this beautiful fragrance would have gone through my rags if it hadn't been for Schoork's wonderful commentary. I simply had to test Amour and finally buy it - I had no other choice.

The fragrance intro is very bright and friendly. According to the pyramid, rice steam and white tea are responsible for this. I smell steaming rice differently, which could be due to the fact that I use a different type of rice. With the white tea I have to pass as an old coffee aunt as well, because I haven't smelled or drunk any white tea yet. The tea lovers among you may forgive me.

I notice the heliotrope very clearly and it smells just like the purple flowering plant that has delighted me all summer long in my balcony box. Although heliotrope is used in very, very many fragrances, I have never before been able to perceive it so authentically in any other fragrance. Frangipani and cherry blossom are flowery, with Asian decency and completely unobtrusive. Flowery, sweetish but never penetratingly sticky.

The vanilla, the wood and the white musk are tenderly wrapped in incense. This gives Amour an interesting component. One is surrounded by a light smokiness without gloom and darkness.

Amour accompanies me for about 8 to 10 hours and fades away with a wonderful golden vanilla that reminds me of delicious warm vanilla pudding from childhood.

Actually, I don't separate "male" or "female" fragrances, but with Amour I have to make an exception today, sorry guys, but this sweetheart is unfortunately only something for us girls. However, I don't only mean young girls, but ladies of all ages who love flowery/vanilla scents.
6.0 4.0 8.0 7.5/10

Tender Rice Pudding
The opening of Kenzo Amour is almost creamy vanilla and rice. Yes, like everyone's already pointed out, rice pudding! There is also a slight spiciness bringing an exotic vibe.

Amour evolves smoothly. The floral notes sneak out discretly and blend so well in the vanilla. Frangipani turns a little sour on me, which also happens with some other white flowers, and I'm ok with it. Heliotrope adds a powdery aspects to the fragrance and cherry blossom revives the smooth composition.

The flowers mellow after about 7 hours and it turns into a vanilla skin scent and lingers around for another 3 or 4 hours.

This is not the sparkling love at first sight, but a love that lasts for a lifetime, comforts and supports you, makes you feel home. And the ad campaign illustrates it so well : comforting, but with an exotic vibe. The bottle is lovely. I adore the curved figure. However, once I removed the cap to spray, the elegant crane turns into a chubby hen. = =+ lol.

Though many describe it comforting and relatively safe, which I agree, it is indeed sweet. I like sweet vanilla, so it's not a problem. But I can imagine this might already be too sweet for some people. I suggest testing, especially if you usually don't have a sweet nose. Though the scent has a soft caracter, it is intense while remaining close to skin. You may not want to overapply.
6.0 10.0 9.0 7.0/10

The name is the program
I've read a lot of positive things about Amour here on Parfumo, which really encouraged me to take a test. I went in the perfumery and looked first a little bit around what there is so new have unfortunately found nothing that I liked because many scents were very similar or smelled almost the same what had disappointed me a little bit. Well, I was looking for that perfume and I found it. When I took a closer look there was only one bottle left on the shelf otherwise all were almost sold out seems to mean something good when so many bottles are sold;). I admit I hadn't read here on Parfumo all the good reviews on this perfume I would have been less interested in this perfume because the bottle just addressed me zero. (I know that one should not pay attention to the bottle but to the content). The saleswoman warned me that this perfume should be very strong and I should spray it lightly on the skin which I did. The seller was right because it is very sweet and strong.

While spraying I noticed a very nice and sweet vanilla note although there was nothing of vanilla in the top note. I must say I liked it very much from the fragrance because it felt my demands. It was so sweet and at the same time so pleasant;) After a few minutes I could perceive a certain fruity spicy note which probably should be the cherry. From there the smell became stronger but not so strong that one got headaches from it. I could perceive incense then also, I find the incense many smells stronger but more interesting makes, because it can smell with each perfume differently. This one smelled frankincense with lots of vanilla and musk.

I was able to wear this perfume for nine hours. I think this perfume smells very romantic but also very feminine. Whenever I smelled at my hanging joint I felt a slightly warm embrace which surrounded me almost the whole day and didn't want to let go anymore. My conclusion who stands on Gormand fragrances like me should test it out:)
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Love is....
Love is a big word.

And there's only one word left if you don't live it.
Love is... to sail around the cliffs of life together.
Love is the only gift you should give back Love is... when longing drives him hours before to the station.
Love is... hard to find, but beautiful when you have them.
Love is... if I really want to be with you right now!
Love is... just being around you to make me feel happy!
Love is... no solo. Love is a duet. If it disappears at one, the song stops.
Love is... when you look someone in the eye and see everything you need.
Love is... when you don't walk, you float.
Love is... when all songs suddenly make sense.

Love is... this perfume because it just makes you feel at home. It's so cuddly, so cuddly. yet sensual and I feel good when I smell it.

It is sweet, vanilla and powdery, slightly smoky, yet very feminine and sexy. I, as a man, could hardly resist a woman with this scent. It's wonderful and one of my favorite perfumes for women. That I write about it only now is a scandal, but better late than never.

I don't know what it is, the rice steam with vanilla and heliotrope I assume, plus the light incense plus cherry blossom. Simply beautiful and tasty I would find you to bite on.

There could not have been a more suitable name for this fragrance.

Love is... when a "you" and an "I" become a "WE".
Love is... to be close to each other, even if the other is not there.
Love is... to quote Star Wars together.
Love is... When he thinks of you at work.
Love is... The feeling of having arrived home.
9.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

I'm cupid... crap!
Baaah, you know, the term "amour" here reminds me of cupid, the god of love and falling in love. Sure, the terms are very similar, but why do I come up with them and why do I now call myself Amor?

Quite simply,... somehow I have the feeling that sometimes I can (and have) given good advice to some people about love. Or I can reassure people who think their loved ones won't like them anymore, give them advice so that they'll all be happy again when it comes to love or relationships. In short, sometimes I feel as if I could bring love to the whole world *choked* :D
I'd rather be the devilish Darth Vader in my current emotional situation! D

So, it's of course extremely strange for a guy who keeps complaining about being single all the time and seemingly can't do anything about it, but sometimes he (well me) can actually give good love advice to others somehow. Menno, this is so unfair, I'll never give anyone tips again... suffer people, suffer! :DD

What is also bad is that Cupid is always portrayed in art as an ugly boy... mist mist mist :D
As if the painters really knew back then that I didn't belong to the most beautiful ones, but hey... at least I seem to be a god,... stupid only that the term "god of love" sounds totally gay to me... :DD

But let us come to the fragrance, which translates... bääh, love means... tsss...

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins very nicely with sweet almond notes of heliotrope, some musk and light cherry blossoms with a woody background. A short time later the fragrance becomes more flowery through the Frangipani, and I also find the fragrance nice and soft and powdery.
A little later the vanilla starts and becomes the strongest fragrance in the further course of the fragrance, because it easily overlays all other fragrances. Finally, I perceive incense, which fits perfectly to the fragrance and gives the fragrance a great, resinous note. The sweetness of the fragrance comes not only from the vanilla but also from the musk, while the floral notes are pushed into the background a little later. Thus the majority of the fragrance remains until the end.
By the way, it was a pity that I couldn't smell the tea (and also no rice steam), well, no matter. The scent is also so simply only beautiful.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The fragrance begins strong for a short time because the sweet notes radiate strongly, but then it loses already in the heart note a larger part of this radiance and remains finally for a while above average strong. This means you don't have to get very close to smell the scent, but you won't smell it over long distances either.
The shelf life is actually quite okay, as it lasts longer than eight hours. However, he is quite weak at a later hour.

The bottle:
The bottle is shiny reddish-pink and looks a bit like a designer vase, with its curved shapes and so on. The lid is thin and looks like a handle you could use to pick up the bottle and hit someone on the head with it (probably some poor guy like me!!!). Anyway a nice bottle and a great eye-catcher!

As I had almost thought, the fragrance is fragrant and very beautiful. It smells very feminine, attractive and sexy and in my opinion it is especially suitable as a beautiful night scent. One could use it as an all-rounder that somehow always works, even in summer, when there isn't just another heat wave and the fragrance is then dosed less.

You know, with these scents I always get very weak and would write my usual phrases here, but I spare you those for once, beyond that I think that you know my phrases meanwhile anyway by heart, right? :DD (If you want, you can list some of them, mu ha ha ha :DD).

In any case, the fragrance is highly recommended and should therefore be tested by you ladies :)

Germanblonde
A rather fresh vanilla frag
I love eau de perfumes and eau de toilettes with vanilla. Usually with vanilla frags, the initial spray is not that pleasing and comes rather through after it settles into a divine, smooth, round fragrance. With Kenzo Amour however there was no waiting for a wonderful dry down, it was right up my alley right from the get go. The freshness comes through a bit later, but doesn't take away from the yummy vanilla. I do not get too much floral, but that is normal for me. When I detect it, it's usually more than I ask for. I guess my nose can only detect real flower bombs, but otherwise I recognize floral aromas just as part of the composition, not so much something I can pinpoint, unless it is overwhelming me. This is a very nice fragrance, and I am pleased I gave it a try.

2.5 10.0 1.0/10

Lemon rice pudding
Lemon rice pudding. Or sago. With a vanillic vibe. Steaming tea. chocolate. Yes, cherries, in white chocolate. I can see that it might be kind of comforting but not something I want to smell like. Not even something I would want to eat.
Lasts 8 hours.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A creamy milk and incense blend
Kenzo Amour is really lovely, beautiful in fact.

I had actually imagined something stronger, more bold and heavy as Kenzo's interpretation of love, however this fragrance is flawless. Delicate and predominantly powdery, its subtlety is very likable.

I am a big fan of powdery fragrances as of late, especially powdery vanilla scents. There is something very feminine and comforting about them. Kenzo Amour's softness is pleasantly unobtrusive to both the wearer and the people around you.

While the vanilla and musk really do feature in this fragrance, other detectable notes, such as frangipani and Japanese cherry blossom, gives Kenzo Amour a somewhat exotic feel.

The overall result can be described as creamy and alluring. I disagree that this is just baby powder, I think it has far more substance than that. I really enjoyed wearing Kenzo Amour and I thought the lasting strength was simply outstanding. Another great Kenzo offering in my opinion.

Jazzy76 7 months ago
sophisticated and lightly sensual, it makes you travel with the fantasy to exotic landscapes.Not heavy but anyway quite longlasting.Pleasant
Lillibet 13 months ago
Creamy tea-infused rice milk with delicate almond and florals over a lovely base of deep vanilla and woods. A comforting scent.+2
9.0

by Mogli
by bloodflower
by bloodflower

Popular Kenzo

Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Parfum d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme Night by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower in the Air (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Madly Kenzo! (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo