Kenzo Amour 2006

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo
Bottle Design Karim Rashid
Top 97 in Women's Perfume
Kenzo Amour is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRice steamRice steam
Base Notes Base NotesThanaka woodThanaka wood
VanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.09.2021.

Diamond Eggshell Emulsion
It smells proper rich and creamy. But it smells more like eggshell paint or a nail varnish than a perfume, like it's almost toxic. The woods are prominent and too skanky. It's mainly frangipani with the tropical nuance and cherry blossom with the creamy Vanilla vibe. Overall it's like a sickly vanilla bomb with rough woods. This isn't soft at all. Quite offensive actually.
Love at first sight
The first time he met me about 12 years ago. At that time I had no idea about perfumes and almost never wore any. Therefore, I paid him no further attention, even when he was highly recommended to me. At some point I had to test it anyway, and from then on it was all over me. I was immediately enveloped in a warm, powdery, creamy coat. Amour, how true. The rice vapour and the wood dominate quite a bit, in my opinion. But I like it a lot. At some point, vanilla and musk come in and round it out to a totally love accord. If sensual love were a fragrance, it would be this one. Frangipani and cherry blossom don't come out for me. But that may be because it smells a little different on everyone. Kenzo Amour has accompanied me since then always, he nestles warm vanilla, woody and creamy around me and will continue never missing in my collection
First great love
As mentioned in the statement, this was my first "real" (expensive) fragrance after NoNames and Puma as a teenager. 2009, I was 16 and had a sample of this fragrance in my advent calendar. Wow, it was love at first smell. Rice steam, cherry blossom, frangipani enveloped me along with the most beautiful cozy vanilla. (At the time, I guess it was just wow - no idea what for, but it just smells insane).
Turns out my best friend wore that scent too, never occurred to me to ask her about her perfume though.
My precious sample was squeezed to the last drop.
At that time for me sinfully expensive I wanted him for Christmas, got him after some detours also (that would be too far out) and was for the 1st time in the 7th fragrance heaven. I wore it every day, well dosed, summer and winter. Although it's probably more of a fall/winter scent. But it was simply my signature scent.
For many years this beautiful fragrance was my daily companion and even a 100ml bottle was emptied next to the 30ml bottle, which has not happened with any fragrance since.
I can still remember back then we used to go to the perfume shops to mist ourselves with our Kenzo Amour to save up our sacred supplies at home. Back then it was on the shelf at eye level for everyone to see, advertised big and all its flankers (what a regret I have never picked one of these up, now they are all discontinued. If only they hadn't been so unattainably expensive)

Today it now sits on the bottom shelf in the perfumery, in the far corner, no longer being noticed. He seems to have somehow become old, as I also already sometimes feel. Yet he is in no way outdated or old. It is a warm, cozy, beautiful fragrance that seems to have been sadly forgotten. You don't smell it on every corner, so that might be the upside to it.
So I want to advise you, besides all the "hip" la vie est belle etc, if you don't know this one yet, give it a chance and take a sniff.
He impresses in my opinion also with an almost endless durability, especially on the clothes on which he is still noticeable even after washing. Also, he has no great scent progression, it always remains the same beautiful.

For me, he will always remain what special, even if I wear him no longer so often because the selection has simply become larger. He is for me simply one of the most beautiful, cuddly fragrances and as long as there is him I will always have a bottle here.
Isle of the Gods
I associate the word "Amour" with France, with Paris, the city of love. Many fragrances embody this city. Be it through their extravagance or their "coup de foudre", which they trigger through their olfactory charms. But this fragrance says something different to me. Pas Paris, pas France, pas de l'amour.

This fragrance takes me to a distant island that I have only visited in pictures, but desperately want to see one day. It is green there and exudes a mystical magic. It's a world of gods, Hinduism, offerings, flowers and beautiful beaches. Bali. I imagine myself on a hill in the outback marveling at the otherworldly rice terraces. The magical sight of them gives me pause. The fragrance AMOUR is so Bali in a way that no other fragrance can ever be. It's powdery with its rice steam and tea aromas, mystical with incense and earthy woods. Perfect frangipangi smile gently at me and are kissed by an all embellishing vanilla. It makes me feel good. It is a pure fragrance that promises something big. A scent that is never too much, never too showy. And yet so striking that you sit up and take notice, wrinkle your nose, and wonder what smells so good. An otherworldly treasure that I never want to give away. A fragrance that allows one to find peace in the world of these all-consuming and intrusive scents. To one's faith, to one's inner strength, to oneself.
Winter magic...
... i think of a deep snowy landscape, bitter cold, ice wind and slippery roads, I think of Amour. Whose sweetness and vanilla hints warm my cold limbs, warm the cold air and I myself can warm me in the fragrance better than hot tea .

In the summer I would not want to wear it, me the sweetness would be too much.

It's a great perfume, worn discreetly. This year he was tested between all the lock-downs and closures by me, and I also like it. Remains to hope that we will once again experience a winter with lots of snow !

EdenRosalie
Tantalizing, gripping, fatal – highly addictive
It is my signature perfume, so what more to say than that I love it. The alcoholic opening quickly dissolves with skin contact, the heavy, alluring and enticing notes of vanilla and maybe a hunch of wood creating a startling, highly addictive sensual waft.

I was asked a lot what perfume I use. II received a lot of compliments for this one. It is highly unusual on my skin, which is the blond, brown-eyed and whitish type, my skin and sweat turning the sweetness into something deeper, fuller, fusing every single note to a composition of perfection. Alluring. Enticing. Thought provoking.

That said, I often smelled it on others and it never developed the same. I think it really depends on your skin whether the floral, almost greenish notes come out, or the sweet, heavy flavors of frangipani and musk melt together on your skin, merging with your own body scent. So try it out – with this one it really depends. But if its right for you, you will know.

Classic!
Yesterday I came back from vacation and wore almost exclusively Kenzo Amour. I had bought this in May also on holiday. That's probably why I took him back with me. Definitely no mistake. I already liked Kenzo Amour when he came out. I would have liked to have had it, but it was incredibly popular at the time of its launch, so I could literally smell it at every corner. Since individuality was always important to me, I renounced this fragrance and some time later came across Confetto by Profumum, which I then acquired instead. Today I have both and must state that they have actually not at all much in common, except perhaps the almond rice note. Confetto is a Wummser par excellence, Amour is a flatterer, tender and soft and never too much. You can compare them, but those who like one do not automatically like the other.

So when I was strolling through the perfumeries on holiday in May, I discovered Kenzo Amour and spontaneously bought a 30ml bottle. My husband was also very impressed by this fine, uncomplicated and yet present fragrance. Apart from a very dear friend, I don't know anyone in my circle of acquaintances who still wears this fragrance today. There is no doubt that Kenzo Amour is one of the classics for me, because how many fragrances still manage to hold their own in the market for so long today? Most mainstreamers disappear again after a few years, unfortunately also the really good ones. This one has stayed and even after 13 years still manages to give me a fragrant pleasure
Kenzo Amour
This fragrance smells warm, harmonious, round and balanced. Except for vanilla, I can't make out a single note. It reminds very minimal of Dior Addict, but is much less sweet. It is certainly beautiful for autumn and winter and for evenings. However, I am missing a little something special here. I like Addict better!
Peaceful love
Love knows many faces, has many manifestations and although it is a universal feeling to which all of us - blissfully or suffering - are and will be exposed more often than once in our lives, no love is comparable to the next. We always perceive them as absolute and unique, the moment we feel them. And it can take on very different forms, at the same time revealing the most beautiful and darkest of our selves. From mother's love to jealousy. From the deep alliance - "we two against the rest of the world" - to (su)murder fantasies, the other should break this alliance... The drama of antiquity and its emerging dilemma between polis and love. Hyakinthos (my favourite myth, which gives the beautiful flower its name and in its suffering truthfulness makes the rose I just bought pale with envy on Valentine's Day). Goethe's Werther. Anna Karenina. Chet Baker. Rammstein.

Defying all this drama and hysteria that love doesn't even seldom accept, Kenzo's olfactory interpretation is about the most peaceful form. His sweet powderiness is there from the beginning, but never stabbing, never overstraining, never captivating, never vain or loud. The Sillage is present, but always pleasant. The playful cherry blossom and the light almond aroma of the heliotrope provide the necessary flattering reconciliation that should follow the smashing of plates in the matrimonial dispute (to stick to the theme). Kenzo Amour is the most balanced partner you can imagine - and also smells of self-love. I feel an - only very slight - emotional resemblance to Lalique's "Satine", whereby the latter lacks any fruitiness, which makes him appear somewhat duller and possibly also more one-dimensional. However, unlike the "perfect" partner, Amour is never boring, only self-sufficient. A designer fragrance that rightly enjoys such a high rating here at Parfumo and has been around for a long time. Personally, I am always looking for fragrances that belong in the category: sweet, feminine, sweet, powdery etc.. Test it. And something never quite goes right and I turn away unsatisfied. Anyone who's okay should try Amour. Sometimes less is just more, and lasting peace is more valuable than entertaining satisfaction.
Thyme
The initial enthusiasm turned into aversion
Yesterday I tested two fragrances, one AmorAmor on the left wrist, then Kenzo Amour directly on the neck. Floating on clouds and in the scented sky I left the perfumery branch. What a hefty scent that is, this Kenzo Amour, that you're only testing it now, drove it through my head, at the same time I sniffed similarities (the flattering vanilla note) to Hypnotic Poison.
I was pleased to note the very good durability. Again and again the warm, creamy vanilla scent rose into my nose.
In the course of the evening, however, unfortunately, slight nausea began to appear. So much so I had to scrub it off his neck with a lot of soap. It's not gonna work out between you and me.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
sophisticated and lightly sensual, it makes you travel with the fantasy to exotic landscapes.Not heavy but anyway quite longlasting.Pleasant
LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
Creamy tea-infused rice milk with delicate almond and florals over a lovely base of deep vanilla and woods. A comforting scent.

by Entenradio
Wer findet den Fehler im Bild? Na ... ? Es fehlt die Spiegelung des Flakons im Wasser. Ist natürlich getrickst, war doch klar, oder? Der Flakon wäre in Natura sicher abgesoffen. ;-)
by Zora
by Mogli
by bloodflower
by bloodflower

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo