Kenzo Amour Indian Holi 2008

Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo
Bottle Design Karim Rashid
Kenzo Amour Indian Holi is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 2008. The scent is sweet-floral. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesRice steamRice steam
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 27.09.2021.

She's gone - GONE...
...and I'm alone again, alone
She's gone - GONE
It was nicer to be alone before..."

Yes. She's (almost) gone, my Amour Kenzo Indian Holi. It's just a puddle after. Shiver me timbers. My tester residual bottle - once grabbed by Miracel in the swap game here - as good as all.
A re-buy would still be possible, at an auction platform. 50ml for 249,00€. Am I Croesus? Maybe Midas? Unfortunately, no.

So I have to ask myself like the Fantastic Four in their song: Did I value my Amour Kenzo Indian Holi too little? Backstabbed her with other fragrances? Sprayed her too much as a matter of course? Not even a comment did she get. But - I have to defend myself on this one - it was because of something else: I find the scent so extraordinary that I never managed to find the right words. And now I sit here with the vorvorvor...last sprays on the forearms and try again, because soon it may be too late for it, if she is then completely gone.

So, first of all, I can preface that Indian Holi has for me nothing in common with the other amoureuses of Kenzo, which so far all had a too stuffy share in the foreground, which oppressed me.

Indian Holi starts off lightly fruity-floral with a subtle soft powder note. I love frangipani very much, but would not have recognized it here. But it probably contributes the only very moderately sweetened light florality. This is added with a dry lightness that frangipani alone does not have about it. The fragrance has transparency yet is powerful. It seems to float. If I had to name one fruit that I can most likely guess, I would say it is cherry. The powder note is very strong, rather one of the very rare for me pleasant musky powders and definitely not the typical powder of iris. Nevertheless, the fragrance also gives me the impression of lush stamens. In the course, the fruity note fades a little to give the dry stamens of the flowers more space.
Kenzo Amour Indian Holi lasts throughout the day and combines more and more to a dry floating powder melange with a hint of cherry on stamens of fine flowers. Until it then disappears.

"She's gone - GONE
and I'm alone again, alone"

The Fantastic Four nailed it:

"You don't just feel alone, man, you are.
So quit your whining, because that's the way it is
that's the way of the world. Even if you don't like it,
Watch your own movie and be your own hero."

Yes. And not Croesus or Midas. There are other heroes, after all.
Bygones.

A slightly spicier Kenzo Amour
I tested it with Kenzo Amour on the other wrist. Overall it smells like Amour but a little spicier. From the scent I can't really tell which one I prefer. Both are lovely and have their own caracter. But the sillage and the longevity of Indian Holi on me are significantly less good than original Amour. With the same amount of application, after 8 hours I can still smell Amour easily but Indian Holi has almost gone since after 5 hours.

Originally written in 2013.

PBullFriend
comfort with an interesting touch
I love the warm, clean blanket of soft rice that is the original Kenzo Amour, which I often wear to bed in the winter. To me, this smells like Amour and a touch of saffron. However, the added notes in Indian Holi are rose, pink pepper (which I think some sites have mistranslated as "red berries"), and peony. So I can only wonder whether I'm smelling the saffron because I associate the scent with India.

At any rate, IH has less of the high-pitched sweetness of cherry blossom and more of a subtle spiciness that strikes me as simply beautiful for daytime wear. Rather than lull me to sleep as Amour does, IH helps me stay focused. It was originally supposed to be a limited edition, but I see that the Kenzo and Sephora sites are still selling it at full price (it is also available for less at the discount sites). Finally! A company was smart enough to keep producing a limited edition item that sold well! (If only we could get Thierry Mugler to do the same...)

A Holi Celebration in the Rain
Was a bit dissapointed with this
fragrance i expected a spicy woodsy
firey untamed collection but what it turned out it was a prud very shy on my skin the water drowned out the spices
the peppers woods but i like the incense i think they shoud add more
volume of spices woods and put cinnamon
or chai tea to it but i love the Sinuous Red bottle very different and sensual.

by TIA1971
by Lorilavira
by MissMass
by MissMass

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Le Monde est Beau by Kenzo