Kenzo Jungle Jungle L'Éléphant (1996)

Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo
Bottle Design Joël Desgrippes

Kenzo Jungle is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 1996. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Cardamom, Mandarin, Gardenia, Heliotrope, Clove, Mango, Patchouli, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Liquorice

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.07.2020.

AlexanderBe
The elephant in the porcelain shop
If I had to describe what the perfume smells like, I would have two ideas to symbolize the smell.
No. 1: Either it smells really great after Christmas or a spice market.
No. 2: Or in other words: A herd of elephants is running for its life, raising huge clouds of dust in a very hot savannah.

No. 2 impressively describes its durability and silage. The scent is out of this world if the dosage is too high. I sprayed the scent 5 times (with a blocked nose - I didn't smell it ;D) just before Christmas in my naivety and am at work.
The first colleagues came, wondering where the scent came from. The room filled up and there was only one theme: "Who wears this perfume". Eventually I had to admit that I was the culprit.
Many people (we are a college of almost 25 people in this room) found the scent very dominant and spicy. Others asked when entering the room if anyone here sprayed Christmas scent spray and smelled it really great. One colleague commented: "Cardamom, cardamom - I have to sneeze".
So for better or worse I was the elephant that ran through the savannah and left a huge cloud of dust behind. Because even after I entered the room again after 2 hours, a colleague (who came shortly before) asked which perfume I was wearing, she was told that I was the wearer and that the scent could still be smelled in the rooms. So I additionally, like an elephant, smashed half of the porcelain shop and left my marks. Really every one of the 25 colleagues saw the elephant and commented on it.

Otherwise it is a wonderfully made scent, very spicy, very dry, minimal sweetness - strong Christmas market associations. On clothes it lasts and lasts - for days. But one has to admit in all fairness: Actually you don't wear the fragrance > the Jungle L'Elephant carries you and you really have to be in good mental and physical condition to spray it on.

With moderate dosage a great perfume for winter and autumn. Never in summer and never at work. Even though the elephant is pretty, it is also big, very space-consuming and leaves no air for others.
I can never imagine it as a signature fragrance, but also because of its price it belongs in the collection of a perfume lover. It's so unique that you would recognize it among a thousand scents.

Oh, and he's an absolute unisex perfume!
The spice of my day
Spicy? Oriental? In dealing with people of all kinds and colours sometimes stubborn and difficult? YES that suits me, wrap it up, please!

Who do I want to be today? This is a question I ask myself consciously or subconsciously every day, so I rarely wear the same fragrance several days in a row. On cold, wet and rainy days in autumn and winter I like to wear spicy fragrances, because they have a very positive effect on my mood.

I have known Kenzo Jungle for several years now and living together is like living with good old friends, the longer we know each other the more I appreciate him and his character. The fragrance reminds me of the wonderfully intensive smelling and colourful spice bazaars and the manifold impressions from the different regions of Morocco. Right from the start, the fragrance is nicely spicy and quite strong due to the presence of cardamom, clove and cumin. After some time, the really nice liquorice note blends in pleasantly, smells good but does not steal the limelight. Towards the base, the fragrance becomes a little softer and more supple, but still remains beautifully spicy. The vanilla and patchouli then round off the fragrance in a stylish and very pleasant way.

The shelf life is phenomenally day filling and the silage is very strong even at the lowest dosage.

The fragrance is definitely suitable for autumn/winter due to its beauty, stronger intensity and many great spices. I like the scent a lot, but it does not go down well in my environment or in public, even at very low dosages. I still like wearing it very much

AgnesEva
Heavy, very strong, very long lasting.
This is the strongest perfume in my collection and also the one with the greatest addictive factor. Extremely spicy but also warm and humid, like a jungle. On me the carnation comes out the most, liquorice is noticeable only after one hour. The cardamom clouds everything during the whole fragrance journey. He is always there and can easily become too much for his fellow men. Compliments are rather limited with this fragrance. Except Christmas.
Spice transport
Beyond
the shores of the mangrove
Between dripping curtains
And the eternal singsong
Green stuffness,
Boggy sultriness
Runs welding
Only over the skin of workers chewing liquorice
- Or was it coca?
Their grey slaves led
From centuries old power of habit
Patient as a trash in the sleeping offices
The Rue du Pont Neuf
Your tiny eyes forgot why.

As without reason
Answering to a blink of an eye < br /> Crates fall
Mud splashes, smacking under the velvet
Galloping hooves
Fanfares of former galley convicts
Crushing, crushing Garam Masala and the pyramids
The mangos, the oranges.
Above all smiles malaria,
with bedroom view. Returns a last command.

Stampede!
where's the elephant?
No, not the approx. 30 cm small pink-coloured one, which still shines in the dark, which Martin Sutter describes in his novel "Elefant".
When I opened my eyes this morning, I felt like I was expecting an elephant to trudge through the apartment with cheerful "Tröröö! (Turns out it was the police siren!)
This apartment had changed a lot since last night: I wouldn't have been surprised if I had woken up under a mosquito net surrounded by a tropical wilderness.
According to my nose, that would have been possible.

Yesterday evening I managed to knock one of the organza bags off the table, in which I keep my fillings sorted. The small glass bottle ofenzos "Jungle" broke The red coloured liquid was so fast; I could not react at all: the pouch and the other samples got wet, there are now two red spots on the parquet floor and the dish towel, on which I spread everything to dry, will also take a while until it can be used again for its purpose.
All in all, exactly what you need in the 23rd hour of a day!

So now it's "Welcome to the jungle!".
Fortunately I am surrounded by a very spicy, very likeable scent (even if I could have done without it to this extent!).
A homogeneous scent web is created very quickly: cardamom and cumin are only detached for a moment, then they join the Gesamtkunstwerk.
The tangerine tickles here with a very fine gardenia and surrounds itself at the same time with the glow of ylang-ylang: fruity flowery spice spreads!
The flirting of liquorice with vanilla already opens up a tropical atmosphere here and now, in which I feel surprisingly comfortable.
Of course my darling Patchouli with his brown golden shimmer contributes to this and spreads such a net of shining, vibrating sensuality around me!
Feeling good is the order of the day and the step under the mosquito net out and into the exploding fragrant liveliness is easy!

If Henzo's "Jungle" is as durable in the apartment as it is on the skin, then I have some cosy, exotic-spicy days ahead of me. Because as I said: the jungle is felt here everywhere!
Only the animal world would like to stay where it belongs: it would be a bit narrow and a bit noisy, if everything that is at home in this sun-drenched green would invite itself to me!
This raid-like "surprise visit" was not planned; but I will be able to live well with him.
Maybe this is even a pleasant environment; it should be quite cool outside.
So once again: "Welcome to the jungle!"
Minigolf
There's no comparison to that....
.....the fragrance is so unique that it doesn't fit into any of the categories I know of.
It's not even necessary, so I have my own ideas, which I try to represent to other perfumes pictorially.
With "Jungle" there is first of all a slightly citric mix tour of fat spices, which looks for its own way through the nostrils into the brain stem.
As soon as the brain arrives there it shouts "More of it!!!"
And so wished it will happen soon.
A large, liquorice rasping lindworm, blossomed with proud flowers, bursting with strength and demanding to be admitted.
Together with the cardamomized caraway seed of the first fragrance squadron, this results in a "dangerous" fine bitter-sweet seduction.
And as if that weren't enough, an armada of woody, earthy, vanilla aromas comes running legionally, only to completely demolish the door to the "inner brain", so that resistance is completely pointless.
Unbelievable and astonishing scent, which (almost) knows no borders, does what it wants and can't join any "category" or likes.
Gertestet, smelled, ---- skeptical!
Smell- penetrated into the inside--halfway satisfied.
Penetrated into the inside, given him time, "unravelled" anew -- quite differently perceived-
I've had it!!!
WISH LIST!!!
"You smell stunning."
...my puberty stated when I was standing in the kitchen doing things and meant it literally, coughing, holding his nose discreetly and quickly disappeared again. But the grey giant had been in my crook of my arm for hours and had elicited from my husband a "what sniffs so good here?", the highest praise for a perfume so far.

To the fragrance:
He's polarizing. You can either go with him or he'll run. I like elephants because I like to smell spicy scents with cinnamon and cardamom. And that's exactly what I see from the beginning. The cumin and the mandarin hold back skillfully. There is cardamom - warm, spicy and soft - almost in pure form. That's what the Orient smells like to me. Shimmering heat over a steel-blue sky. Happy faces at a spice bazaar. No stress. No rush. And because I associate this scent with heat and desert, it is just as well wearable for me in summer. Cardamom is also considered to be an aphrodisiac and especially in combination with ylang-ylang in the heart note it would explain the rather .... um... human reactions from the pre-comments. Even my very reserved best-husband-of-all has fallen for just this scent and tigers after me to sniff out his highly personal odour sample.
But oppla, before it gets too private back to the scent: the liquorice (or liquorice) fits perfectly to the spicy prelude. The gardenia and the ylang-ylang soften the admittedly strong beginning successfully and give a round sweetness that slowly becomes vanilliger. I only notice patchouli when I press my nose against my skin, but perhaps my olfactory organ has become too accustomed to this scent.

The Sillage:
Space has already been mentioned. Definitely. I like it, I just like it a little stronger. As already mentioned, the environment reacts with clear rejection or with attempts at rapprochement. Just try it ;) But I warn you: with more than two sprayers you have to expect collateral damage. The shelf life is very good and compared to today's scented waters an olfactory ocean.
Leimbacher spoke of a courageous scent.
I say for brave women and men. He's provoking reactions, know it.

Elephants from 18
My dears we are not in the Jungle Book here, where the happy, friendly herd of elephants, led by Colonel Hathi, sets off on its early patrol. This is not the children's or family program. This is the adult movies, where the action is really happening. We understand each other? Elephants over 18, so to speak.

To enter the jungle, the herd must pass a settlement. As the grey giants thunder towards them, the humans quickly take refuge. Only a spice stand is knocked down and cinnamon, cloves, cumin and cardamom are hurled through the air, pollinating not only the air but also the bodies of the pachyderms. Under loud trumpets the gigantic animals make their way without stopping.

Finally the jungle is reached. The earth is shaking, the air is vibrating, birds are screeching in flight, small animals disappear in the undergrowth and the herd of elephants tramples through the dense green. Flowers, leaves, fruits and small branches are torn to the ground and mercilessly trampled. But even when dying, these flowers unfold their beguiling scent. It is humid, oppressive, sultry, the world holds its breath, time stands still.

The grey giants have long since moved on. Only now and then a trumpet can be heard in the distance. But in the air there is still a seductive scent of spices, flowers, earth and fascinating, vanilla sweetness, which remains even as twilight sets in. It will also withstand the night, for sure.

Sweet
I like it, having said that, on my skin it is sweet, i have known the souks of Egypt so well have so often been there, namely Khan el Khalili...but i can not compare this fragrance to that souk and i know where the spice shops are over there, they smell good and the colors of the spices are so nicely placed, this fragrance lasts very long, it makes me think off as Alecofur says rice....in my country we have an old dessert dish and we name it “rijstpap” it smells like that, only we make “rijstpap” with rice, milk, sugar, creme and...SAFFRON...

Hater
I do not understand , I know that taste is a personal thing , but this perfume is very invasive, strange smells like sweet rice with cinnamon , Angel edp of 10-0 this fragrance ... But as said taste is personal, unfortunately people find that's better.

LillibetLillibet 2 years ago
A magnificent spicy oriental ride starring clove. I like to wear a small dab on a cold winter's day on my clothing rather than my skin.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Intoxicating cardamom. Too spicy for me. Wearable only in winter, in my opinion

„Ain‘t no mountain high enough“
by Scottie
by Goldlola
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Le Monde est Beau by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo