Kenzo Jungle Jungle L'Éléphant 1996

Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo
Bottle Design Joël Desgrippes
Kenzo Jungle is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 1996. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

CardamomCardamom
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
LiquoriceLiquorice

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.10.2021.

ElfeLotta
Where have we landed now?
"Woah!" my brain thinks. "Cinnamon!"
And then, "That's a perfume? Ow yeah, ow yeah, ow yeah...!"
And then, "Moo moment... Why cinnamon? You always think of cinnamon whenever anything even remotely smells like winter spices."
"Okay... Hmm... cloves? Anise? Cardamom?"
My brain gives me a wry grin. "Do you really think you can tell them apart unless you have either the thing itself or the spice jar with a tag in front of you?"
And then, "It doesn't smell like a jungle now, does it?"
"I don't know. Maybe? Have we been there before?"
"Close enough..."
"Okay, so not jungle?"
"This place lacks the warm, musty, wet, don't you think?"
"Uhh... I thought there was maybe... a little...?"
Decisive shake of the head.
"Egaaal!" it shouts loudly between them. "ZIMT!"
"It's a lot more than just cinnamon, sweetie."
"Egaaaaaal!"
"It doesn't really smell like Christmas spice now, does it?"
"No. It's missing the heat from the oven."
"And the vanilla."
"Huh?"
"Well, croissants and stuff..."
"How many brain parts are actually involved in this conversation by now?"
"Again!" the nose enthusiastically intervenes.
So wrist headed, lifted towards nose -

And that's when the hippocampus appears on the scene and opens the memoir...

"Ohhh, where have we landed now?"
"A bit of a jungle already, isn't it? Rainforest?"
"We know cold rainforest. Remember?"
"How come we've never been to Morocco before?"
"Shh!"
"But that's how I imagine it there," whispers from behind. "I'm sitting on a windy hill in Ireland thinking about Morocco?"
"Like where what now? Ireland?"
"Mmmmmh..."
"Oh! Oh! That's almost like - like..."
"Nose! Again!"
"British Mixed Spice!"
"But without nutmeg..."
"Best Carrot Cake from the end of the world. Top of the Lake!"
"Ohhh yeah... It wasn't warm then either."
"Well, yes it was. It was the middle of summer."
"Still, snow fell the one day. We went up a hill and faced an icy wall!"
"Yep, that's exactly what it smells like. Even the summer heat always retained a hint of coolness. Carrot Cake was always in season, so to speak!"
General wistful sighing fills the mental halls.
"But it doesn't really smell like Carrot Cake."
"No, of course it doesn't. There's nothing sweet about it. And like I said, it's missing the heat-"
"Moooment...!"
Another general sigh and almost suppressed excited giggle from the back row. A triumphant whispering chant, "It's getting warmer... It's getting warmer...!"
"It still doesn't smell like Carrot Cake."
"Dusty."
"Is that the infamous 'powdery'?"
"For heaven's sake! No!"
"Ah, okay..."
"But by now there's a hint of vanilla, don't you think?"
"It's getting sweeter... It's getting sweeter...!"
"Well, I knew you'd be pleased."
"But not too much of it, will you?"

"Guys!", I finally interject. "Just be glad it doesn't smell like the elephant house!"
Startled silence.
"Now, quiet down here..."
I sit back, sniff my wrist once more, and close my eyes with a satisfied smile.

With a muffled -Wum!- the hippocampus flaps the memoir shut.

One scent remains...
...and stays...
...and remains...
fantastic BUT....I am just sad
The scent blew me away. So what special, spicy, great I've never smelled. Jungle feeling, fruity, spicy, moist, dense.

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic....

BUT

i can't wear it. There is a spice in the fragrance tree that I am allergic to. As soon as I wear the scent, my nose burns, for hours.
At first, I couldn't find a connection. But even after the 2nd and 3rd wear it was again so. If I sniff the bottle - I immediately start sneezing. I have never had THAT before.
I am sooooo sad. Why? I love the scent so much.

The silage is mega, it lasts more than 12 h and even on the days after the clothes smell like it.

4.5
Dense spruce forest
What can I say... Kenzo Jungle is very intense and is felt at 10 m distance still to smell. This fragrance shoots directly into the brain and is not for sensitive noses. As is well known, there is no accounting for taste. For me, it is actually a touch too intense. I actually associate the scent with a densely populated coniferous forest. Here, the cardamom in combination with the carnation clearly stands out, which possibly creates the illusion that you are standing next to a spruce or larch. Unfortunately, I can't smell mandarin at all. I would probably attribute this scent more to the male gender but even there it is a bit too penetrating for my taste. The bottle is of course great and reminiscent of a distant holiday adventure trip. The durability is very good in any case.
JackRH
Unisex? No. Great? Oh, yeah.
Due to some comments, which said that Kenzo L'Elephant is actually unisex, I had to try the fragrance necessarily times, because I would have had him alone because of the flacon very gladly in my collection.

Unfortunately, then came the realization: the fragrance is (actually) not at all unisex.
Although it has a stunning combination of spicy and gourmand components, it has a clear feminine undertone that can not really be worn convincingly by a man. As feminine as the man may still be, one will be able to see 100% clearly when noticing his fragrance that this is a woman's fragrance after all.

But be that as it may; what and how he does it then, is just great - just for a designer fragrance.

--Performance--

Durability is clearly over 8 hours and the sillage also makes almost until the end still good with. 3 sprays max - more you really do not need.

--Progress--

The fragrance comes on big, loud and strong. One of which you could also easily claim to be one that wears the person at the wrong person and not the other way around.

In the beginning there is clearly cinnamon with other spicy notes, until it gradually becomes a little more floral and softer, but always retains a spicy confessional character.

--Conclusion--

Overall, a very strong, independent fragrance that smells high-class and noble from start to finish. I must say to this as a man but also clearly that - as great as the fragrance is - I can imagine him almost exclusively only on an older, personally more mature woman. Here it is by no means a fresh, floral, sweet or carefree "girl scent".
For us. Forever.
She has already endured everything in her long life. The last great drought, all the dry seasons before that, the seemingly endless search for a redeeming waterhole. Many kilometres under the mercilessly scorching sun. Always fearing for the little ones, wondering if they would make it. Few, dried leaves and branches, hardly anything else, just enough to survive. And always on guard against attacking, devious hyenas, eventually even the predators dare to come out, driven by the same need. Steadfast, they have always defended their herd.

Ever larger parts of their territory are processed by humans agriculturally, made fertile and the food reservoir of the elephants dwindles away. Therefore they come more and more often into conflicts with humans. They have had to save themselves from many villagers who drove them away from their barren, painstakingly fertile fields with spears and firearms. But they also just want to survive.

But worst of all are the poachers. Who cowardly hunt them under cover of darkness, even rushing them with helicopters to the point of absolute panic and then cruelly assassinating them, just for their tusks. Thus they have also lost their guiding cow, who for many years guided them safely through the steppe and forest with her ancient knowledge. How many massacres has she narrowly survived. She can never forget the horrible images. They have wandered in the night, their anguished, agonized screams panicking even the great predators. A wake-up call echoing through the darkness, desperate for help. All of it burned into her soul, forever shrouding her wise eyes with a dark veil.

Yet they live for their community, are loving and full of empathy for the other animals in their herd. One for all, all for one. They grow into this pledge of allegiance as they build their social skills and become a full member of their community.

The dust kicked up by their powerful legs. The smells of the vegetation. The peeled barks of trees, the juicy exotic fruits, the sultry aroma of the forests. And their tanned skin that needs and loves sun, dust, water and mud baths. Lastly, the wind that combines all these flavors, carrying them with it, across the steppe, across the vast land, and a little further. Before, at last, the long-awaited rain sets in.

All this is in this bottle, with the elephant closure.
Yes, and more... a conglomerate of strong spicy aromas and fruits, sweetly heavy florals... and a deep balsamic base. Truly, a fragrance for an elephant, one might think. But of course, it's also a fragrance for all lovers of this scent. And it is a great fragrance. Whether you like him or rather not.

Our elephant cow hesitates for a moment before taking the lead and leading her family to the next promising feeding spot. She's memorized that one before.

We look once again into those beautiful eyes, so deep and warm, full of strength and courage. And full of sensitivity and vulnerability.
They say, "Here I am. Where I step is my country. For us. Forever.
Kenzo Takada, I bow to you and your masterpiece. R.I.P. !.

Drseid
The Weight of An Elephantine Middle...
Jungle L'Elephant goes on with a very brief dash of nose burning sharp mandarin orange and cinnamon-like cardamom spice before quickly transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the cardamom spice remains as significant support, as a slightly sharp green mango, warm clove and powerful almond-vanilla-like heliotrope floral accord takes the fore with soft semisweet amber rising from the base, joining the supporting cardamom. During the late dry-down the composition eschews most of its heart notes and sweetness, unveiling a soft, slightly powdery, creamy vanilla joining remnants of the smooth amber, with just a hint of patchouli through the finish. Projection is very good and longevity outstanding at over 18 hours on skin.

Jungle L'Elephant is posing quite the quandary to this writer. It has moments where it is difficult to wear, even nauseating, with its overdose of almond-vanilla heliotrope and weird green cardamom infused spiced mango, but others, during its late dry-down where it softens and smells rather pleasant. I have worn the perfume many times and even blind-bought a bottle, but in the end, while I still don't completely know what to make of it and despite its superb pedigree (being composed by the great Dominique Ropion) my gut tells me the negatives outweigh the positives and ultimately Jungle L'Elephant collapses under the weight of its overpowering green, warm-spice and heliotrope laden heart that just is too much to bear. The bottom line is the $50 per 100ml bottle at discounters Jungle L'Elephant shows flashes of near-brilliance late, but the perfume ultimately collapses under the weight of its nauseatingly powerful heart, earning it an "average" 2.5 stars out of 5 rating and an avoid recommendation to all except potent cardamom-laced heliotrope lovers.
"Lick my bag!"
Sound bites from my girlfriend at the spray-on premiere. And that although we still live a good 80 kilometres away from Cologne. But there is no better way to put it in a nutshell. Immediately after spraying on, you can expect the explosive ordnance disposal squad to arrive at the home of the perpetrators at any moment.

This fragrance is the opposite of discreet. And average. And mainstream. Actually of everything that is currently so "hip", "hip" or whatever the youth language is able to express. An olfactory fist of God (no blasphemy), which nicely anaesthetizes every halfway functioning nose within a radius of at least 5 meters into Nirvana. Wonderful. Why kick down the door when you can just tear down the wall right away?
You don't have to like that smell. You have to give it respect. An unbelievable thicket of exotic plants and wet-soaked turgidity. A real jungle. So thick that I can't even recognize the individual trees in the forest. Mango, ylang ylang, cardamom, carnation, heliotrope, kill me.... for all I care. Everything may be right. But this thing seems to me to be a total work of art. Very difficult to filter out single notes independently. But you do not need that. The jungle is alive. And it trembles. With vitality. And it's already looking for its exotic sounds. Guaranteed not for every woman. And that's a good thing. What's the use of gray mice with those majestic big cats?

PS: The hypothetical clearing squad would probably only get lost in the jungle anyway. And it can take a long time for the thicket to clear...
La grande dame
A few years ago:

Late afternoon in the big city.

Time to try something new!
Time to throw yourself into life!
Time not to think about tomorrow!
Time to overdo it!

I am standing with my best friend directly in front of the most noble hotel we youngsters have ever seen at close range.
Just now we marvel at the pompous, shiny, glass entrance.
In front of it a big roundabout for the arriving and departing guests. A taxi stands there with its newspaper-reading driver.
Suddenly a dark green Jaguar comes rushing along, brakes boldly right next to us and hooks back briskly, again a little bit forward and again impetuously back again with the aim of getting as close as possible to the curb and the hotel entrance. At the wheel I see an elegant, beige hat with the most protruding brim I have ever seen.

DRAWUMM
suddenly it happens and the taxi driver jumps out of his car after the first few seconds of shock and marvels at the slight but visible damage caused by the Jaguar.
Meanwhile, the lady in the Jaguar, unimpressed, applies her lipstick while looking in the rear-view mirror.
The taxi driver can no longer stand it and slightly nervously opens the driver's door of the Jaguar.
A cloud of scent comes out of the car and catches us at a distance of about 1.5m. I had never smelled a more striking scent. So intense, so sweet, so spicy, so mysterious, so daring! Whoa! Br /> The lady calmly steps out and smoothes her pencil skirt and her perfectly fitting blouse. A light smile plays around the corners of her mouth. In no way arrogant, just friendly and calm
A short dialogue follows:
Taxi driver: "You hit my cab!"
Queen: (slightly amused): "Soo, did I?"
Both take a look at the damage (they fleetingly, he intensively)
Taxi driver: "Did you see me in your rearview mirror?"
Lady: "Sir, you can see that I have a hat on. Of course, I can't see what's behind me in it!"
The taxi driver's jaw drops speechlessly.

We stand, wrapped in her oppulent scent, amazed Already she rushes through the big glass door and tells him to leave his data at the reception. She then calls back immediately.
The lady notices us as we pass by and winks conspiratorially to "Now I want to freshen up first!"

Fascinated we follow this spice bomb made of cinnamon, clove, cinnamon, exotic fruits and...oh yes: cinnamon.
We are politely received at the reception.
A short time later we hold our room cards in our hands and take the elevator to the 5th floor. How do you think we know that the lady also went with us?!
In the company of this extravagant fragrance, our little adventure feels even more unreal.

Later in the hotel bar this unmistakable scent rises again into my nose during our welcome cocktail. Did that drink go to my head? Or that smell? Or both?
All heads turned bit by bit, some more, some less conspicuous, both male and female, towards the counter.
There she was. La grande dame. In a red sheath dress, matching lipstick and with a perfect updo. Elegant and self-confident, she swings herself onto the bar stool. All eyes are drawn to her, magnetically attracted, always stealthy.
Is it her appearance?
Is it her appearance?
Is it her perfume?
This lady and this fragrance form a unity.
Powerful, mysterious, self-confident and prone to playful exaggeration.

I didn't have to look far to find that beguiling scent. After a short description the saleswoman smiled knowingly and snappily, I held it reverently in my hands. The flacon scared me at the 1st sight, but then I smiled. Also the flacon fit. The jaguar, the hat, the woman, the fragrance, the flacon. One unit I keep coming across this perfume, but it's not mine. It's hers. This perfume belongs to her like no other.
And I hope that I will also find the one perfume for me, which allows all senses to merge into each other and becomes a complete unity with me
AlexanderBe
The elephant in the porcelain shop
If I had to describe what the perfume smells like, I would have two ideas to symbolize the smell.
No. 1: Either it smells really great after Christmas or a spice market.
No. 2: Or in other words: A herd of elephants is running for its life, raising huge clouds of dust in a very hot savannah.

No. 2 impressively describes its durability and silage. The scent is out of this world if the dosage is too high. I sprayed the scent 5 times (with a blocked nose - I didn't smell it ;D) just before Christmas in my naivety and am at work.
The first colleagues came, wondering where the scent came from. The room filled up and there was only one theme: "Who wears this perfume". Eventually I had to admit that I was the culprit.
Many people (we are a college of almost 25 people in this room) found the scent very dominant and spicy. Others asked when entering the room if anyone here sprayed Christmas scent spray and smelled it really great. One colleague commented: "Cardamom, cardamom - I have to sneeze".
So for better or worse I was the elephant that ran through the savannah and left a huge cloud of dust behind. Because even after I entered the room again after 2 hours, a colleague (who came shortly before) asked which perfume I was wearing, she was told that I was the wearer and that the scent could still be smelled in the rooms. So I additionally, like an elephant, smashed half of the porcelain shop and left my marks. Really every one of the 25 colleagues saw the elephant and commented on it.

Otherwise it is a wonderfully made scent, very spicy, very dry, minimal sweetness - strong Christmas market associations. On clothes it lasts and lasts - for days. But one has to admit in all fairness: Actually you don't wear the fragrance > the Jungle L'Elephant carries you and you really have to be in good mental and physical condition to spray it on.

With moderate dosage a great perfume for winter and autumn. Never in summer and never at work. Even though the elephant is pretty, it is also big, very space-consuming and leaves no air for others.
I can never imagine it as a signature fragrance, but also because of its price it belongs in the collection of a perfume lover. It's so unique that you would recognize it among a thousand scents.

Oh, and he's an absolute unisex perfume!
The spice of my day
Spicy? Oriental? In dealing with people of all kinds and colours sometimes stubborn and difficult? YES that suits me, wrap it up, please!

Who do I want to be today? This is a question I ask myself consciously or subconsciously every day, so I rarely wear the same fragrance several days in a row. On cold, wet and rainy days in autumn and winter I like to wear spicy fragrances, because they have a very positive effect on my mood.

I have known Kenzo Jungle for several years now and living together is like living with good old friends, the longer we know each other the more I appreciate him and his character. The fragrance reminds me of the wonderfully intensive smelling and colourful spice bazaars and the manifold impressions from the different regions of Morocco. Right from the start, the fragrance is nicely spicy and quite strong due to the presence of cardamom, clove and cumin. After some time, the really nice liquorice note blends in pleasantly, smells good but does not steal the limelight. Towards the base, the fragrance becomes a little softer and more supple, but still remains beautifully spicy. The vanilla and patchouli then round off the fragrance in a stylish and very pleasant way.

The shelf life is phenomenally day filling and the silage is very strong even at the lowest dosage.

The fragrance is definitely suitable for autumn/winter due to its beauty, stronger intensity and many great spices. I like the scent a lot, but it does not go down well in my environment or in public, even at very low dosages. I still like wearing it very much

EsojoEsojo 1 year ago
Forgotten masterpiece. Powdery spicy gardenia and mango? Say no more. Performance is unreal.
LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
A magnificent spicy oriental ride starring clove. I like to wear a small dab on a cold winter's day on my clothing rather than my skin.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
Intoxicating cardamom. Too spicy for me. Wearable only in winter, in my opinion

„Ain‘t no mountain high enough“
by Scottie
by Zora
by Zora
Dankeschön
by Seejungfrau
Ein Ritt durch den Dschungel. Solange er noch da ist .
by Gaukeleya
by Goldlola
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Élixir by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Le Monde est Beau by Kenzo