Kenzo Jungle Jungle L'Éléphant 1996

Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo
Bottle Design Joël Desgrippes
Kenzo Jungle is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 1996. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Cardamom, Mandarin orange, Gardenia, Heliotrope, Clove, Mango, Patchouli, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Liquorice

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.01.2021.

Drseid
The Weight of An Elephantine Middle...
Jungle L'Elephant goes on with a very brief dash of nose burning sharp mandarin orange and cinnamon-like cardamom spice before quickly transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the cardamom spice remains as significant support, as a slightly sharp green mango, warm clove and powerful almond-vanilla-like heliotrope floral accord takes the fore with soft semisweet amber rising from the base, joining the supporting cardamom. During the late dry-down the composition eschews most of its heart notes and sweetness, unveiling a soft, slightly powdery, creamy vanilla joining remnants of the smooth amber, with just a hint of patchouli through the finish. Projection is very good and longevity outstanding at over 18 hours on skin.

Jungle L'Elephant is posing quite the quandary to this writer. It has moments where it is difficult to wear, even nauseating, with its overdose of almond-vanilla heliotrope and weird green cardamom infused spiced mango, but others, during its late dry-down where it softens and smells rather pleasant. I have worn the perfume many times and even blind-bought a bottle, but in the end, while I still don't completely know what to make of it and despite its superb pedigree (being composed by the great Dominique Ropion) my gut tells me the negatives outweigh the positives and ultimately Jungle L'Elephant collapses under the weight of its overpowering green, warm-spice and heliotrope laden heart that just is too much to bear. The bottom line is the $50 per 100ml bottle at discounters Jungle L'Elephant shows flashes of near-brilliance late, but the perfume ultimately collapses under the weight of its nauseatingly powerful heart, earning it an "average" 2.5 stars out of 5 rating and an avoid recommendation to all except potent cardamom-laced heliotrope lovers.
"Lick my bag!"
Sound bites from my girlfriend at the spray-on premiere. And that although we still live a good 80 kilometres away from Cologne. But there is no better way to put it in a nutshell. Immediately after spraying on, you can expect the explosive ordnance disposal squad to arrive at the home of the perpetrators at any moment.

This fragrance is the opposite of discreet. And average. And mainstream. Actually of everything that is currently so "hip", "hip" or whatever the youth language is able to express. An olfactory fist of God (no blasphemy), which nicely anaesthetizes every halfway functioning nose within a radius of at least 5 meters into Nirvana. Wonderful. Why kick down the door when you can just tear down the wall right away?
You don't have to like that smell. You have to give it respect. An unbelievable thicket of exotic plants and wet-soaked turgidity. A real jungle. So thick that I can't even recognize the individual trees in the forest. Mango, ylang ylang, cardamom, carnation, heliotrope, kill me.... for all I care. Everything may be right. But this thing seems to me to be a total work of art. Very difficult to filter out single notes independently. But you do not need that. The jungle is alive. And it trembles. With vitality. And it's already looking for its exotic sounds. Guaranteed not for every woman. And that's a good thing. What's the use of gray mice with those majestic big cats?

PS: The hypothetical clearing squad would probably only get lost in the jungle anyway. And it can take a long time for the thicket to clear...
La grande dame
A few years ago:

Late afternoon in the big city.

Time to try something new!
Time to throw yourself into life!
Time not to think about tomorrow!
Time to overdo it!

I am standing with my best friend directly in front of the most noble hotel we youngsters have ever seen at close range.
Just now we marvel at the pompous, shiny, glass entrance.
In front of it a big roundabout for the arriving and departing guests. A taxi stands there with its newspaper-reading driver.
Suddenly a dark green Jaguar comes rushing along, brakes boldly right next to us and hooks back briskly, again a little bit forward and again impetuously back again with the aim of getting as close as possible to the curb and the hotel entrance. At the wheel I see an elegant, beige hat with the most protruding brim I have ever seen.

DRAWUMM
suddenly it happens and the taxi driver jumps out of his car after the first few seconds of shock and marvels at the slight but visible damage caused by the Jaguar.
Meanwhile, the lady in the Jaguar, unimpressed, applies her lipstick while looking in the rear-view mirror.
The taxi driver can no longer stand it and slightly nervously opens the driver's door of the Jaguar.
A cloud of scent comes out of the car and catches us at a distance of about 1.5m. I had never smelled a more striking scent. So intense, so sweet, so spicy, so mysterious, so daring! Whoa! Br /> The lady calmly steps out and smoothes her pencil skirt and her perfectly fitting blouse. A light smile plays around the corners of her mouth. In no way arrogant, just friendly and calm
A short dialogue follows:
Taxi driver: "You hit my cab!"
Queen: (slightly amused): "Soo, did I?"
Both take a look at the damage (they fleetingly, he intensively)
Taxi driver: "Did you see me in your rearview mirror?"
Lady: "Sir, you can see that I have a hat on. Of course, I can't see what's behind me in it!"
The taxi driver's jaw drops speechlessly.

We stand, wrapped in her oppulent scent, amazed Already she rushes through the big glass door and tells him to leave his data at the reception. She then calls back immediately.
The lady notices us as we pass by and winks conspiratorially to "Now I want to freshen up first!"

Fascinated we follow this spice bomb made of cinnamon, clove, cinnamon, exotic fruits and...oh yes: cinnamon.
We are politely received at the reception.
A short time later we hold our room cards in our hands and take the elevator to the 5th floor. How do you think we know that the lady also went with us?!
In the company of this extravagant fragrance, our little adventure feels even more unreal.

Later in the hotel bar this unmistakable scent rises again into my nose during our welcome cocktail. Did that drink go to my head? Or that smell? Or both?
All heads turned bit by bit, some more, some less conspicuous, both male and female, towards the counter.
There she was. La grande dame. In a red sheath dress, matching lipstick and with a perfect updo. Elegant and self-confident, she swings herself onto the bar stool. All eyes are drawn to her, magnetically attracted, always stealthy.
Is it her appearance?
Is it her appearance?
Is it her perfume?
This lady and this fragrance form a unity.
Powerful, mysterious, self-confident and prone to playful exaggeration.

I didn't have to look far to find that beguiling scent. After a short description the saleswoman smiled knowingly and snappily, I held it reverently in my hands. The flacon scared me at the 1st sight, but then I smiled. Also the flacon fit. The jaguar, the hat, the woman, the fragrance, the flacon. One unit I keep coming across this perfume, but it's not mine. It's hers. This perfume belongs to her like no other.
And I hope that I will also find the one perfume for me, which allows all senses to merge into each other and becomes a complete unity with me
Jungle forever
Actually I wanted to find a new jungle, that means something else. So I grabbed a card and went to PEP. There's plenty to sniff around. I found something there too.
When I have less good days, I press the bottle once and run through the sprayer ;) Because actually you can't wear it all the time, but I do anyway, because it's so delicious, you smell all year round like fruit with flowers in your Christmas coat - like a yellow fruit punch like mulled wine without cinnamon - just with cardamom and clove. Vanilla through the heliotrope. You can smell that it is fruity, yellow-fruity, but I couldn't say exactly mango right now. Flying mangoes are definitely not;) - because they are very intense and I don't really like mangoes at all
I told that salesgirl at D. I said I needed a change. Something new is here now - but Jungle stays - forever!
AlexanderBe
The elephant in the porcelain shop
If I had to describe what the perfume smells like, I would have two ideas to symbolize the smell.
No. 1: Either it smells really great after Christmas or a spice market.
No. 2: Or in other words: A herd of elephants is running for its life, raising huge clouds of dust in a very hot savannah.

No. 2 impressively describes its durability and silage. The scent is out of this world if the dosage is too high. I sprayed the scent 5 times (with a blocked nose - I didn't smell it ;D) just before Christmas in my naivety and am at work.
The first colleagues came, wondering where the scent came from. The room filled up and there was only one theme: "Who wears this perfume". Eventually I had to admit that I was the culprit.
Many people (we are a college of almost 25 people in this room) found the scent very dominant and spicy. Others asked when entering the room if anyone here sprayed Christmas scent spray and smelled it really great. One colleague commented: "Cardamom, cardamom - I have to sneeze".
So for better or worse I was the elephant that ran through the savannah and left a huge cloud of dust behind. Because even after I entered the room again after 2 hours, a colleague (who came shortly before) asked which perfume I was wearing, she was told that I was the wearer and that the scent could still be smelled in the rooms. So I additionally, like an elephant, smashed half of the porcelain shop and left my marks. Really every one of the 25 colleagues saw the elephant and commented on it.

Otherwise it is a wonderfully made scent, very spicy, very dry, minimal sweetness - strong Christmas market associations. On clothes it lasts and lasts - for days. But one has to admit in all fairness: Actually you don't wear the fragrance > the Jungle L'Elephant carries you and you really have to be in good mental and physical condition to spray it on.

With moderate dosage a great perfume for winter and autumn. Never in summer and never at work. Even though the elephant is pretty, it is also big, very space-consuming and leaves no air for others.
I can never imagine it as a signature fragrance, but also because of its price it belongs in the collection of a perfume lover. It's so unique that you would recognize it among a thousand scents.

Oh, and he's an absolute unisex perfume!
The spice of my day
Spicy? Oriental? In dealing with people of all kinds and colours sometimes stubborn and difficult? YES that suits me, wrap it up, please!

Who do I want to be today? This is a question I ask myself consciously or subconsciously every day, so I rarely wear the same fragrance several days in a row. On cold, wet and rainy days in autumn and winter I like to wear spicy fragrances, because they have a very positive effect on my mood.

I have known Kenzo Jungle for several years now and living together is like living with good old friends, the longer we know each other the more I appreciate him and his character. The fragrance reminds me of the wonderfully intensive smelling and colourful spice bazaars and the manifold impressions from the different regions of Morocco. Right from the start, the fragrance is nicely spicy and quite strong due to the presence of cardamom, clove and cumin. After some time, the really nice liquorice note blends in pleasantly, smells good but does not steal the limelight. Towards the base, the fragrance becomes a little softer and more supple, but still remains beautifully spicy. The vanilla and patchouli then round off the fragrance in a stylish and very pleasant way.

The shelf life is phenomenally day filling and the silage is very strong even at the lowest dosage.

The fragrance is definitely suitable for autumn/winter due to its beauty, stronger intensity and many great spices. I like the scent a lot, but it does not go down well in my environment or in public, even at very low dosages. I still like wearing it very much

AgnesEva
Heavy, very strong, very long lasting.
This is the strongest perfume in my collection and also the one with the greatest addictive factor. Extremely spicy but also warm and humid, like a jungle. On me the carnation comes out the most, liquorice is noticeable only after one hour. The cardamom clouds everything during the whole fragrance journey. He is always there and can easily become too much for his fellow men. Compliments are rather limited with this fragrance. Except Christmas.
Gelis
Short trip to the jungle
The first time I sprayed it, I was surrounded by a very long cloud of cardamom that gradually took on a creamy quality. My second attempt, a few weeks later, placed me transitionally in a jungle with humid warm and sluggish air (as I imagine jungle air). Movement as if I was wading through water up to my shoulder. Big moist shiny green leaves, a certain sweetness, as if there were banana trees "around the corner" with almost ripe bananas. The bananas then slowly develop into a very sweet heavy and heavily spiced banana almond cream pudding (favorite food of the jungle dwellers?). And then from here on no further development, but "only" a gradual retreat towards the skin. The sillage is stunning, the shelf life is easily 8 hours and more.

"Kenzo Jungle" blows me away. There is somehow too much of everything. But a try or as with me also a second he is worth it in any case, because I had never smelled something like that.

I thank Serenissima and R3mt9 for the test opportunities.
Spice transport
Beyond
the shores of the mangrove
Between dripping curtains
And the eternal singsong
Green stuffness,
Boggy sultriness
Runs welding
Only over the skin of workers chewing liquorice
- Or was it coca?
Their grey slaves led
From centuries old power of habit
Patient as a trash in the sleeping offices
The Rue du Pont Neuf
Your tiny eyes forgot why.

As without reason
Answering to a blink of an eye < br /> Crates fall
Mud splashes, smacking under the velvet
Galloping hooves
Fanfares of former galley convicts
Crushing, crushing Garam Masala and the pyramids
The mangos, the oranges.
Above all smiles malaria,
with bedroom view. Returns a last command.

Stampede!
where's the elephant?
No, not the approx. 30 cm small pink-coloured one, which still shines in the dark, which Martin Sutter describes in his novel "Elefant".
When I opened my eyes this morning, I felt like I was expecting an elephant to trudge through the apartment with cheerful "Tröröö! (Turns out it was the police siren!)
This apartment had changed a lot since last night: I wouldn't have been surprised if I had woken up under a mosquito net surrounded by a tropical wilderness.
According to my nose, that would have been possible.

Yesterday evening I managed to knock one of the organza bags off the table, in which I keep my fillings sorted. The small glass bottle ofenzos "Jungle" broke The red coloured liquid was so fast; I could not react at all: the pouch and the other samples got wet, there are now two red spots on the parquet floor and the dish towel, on which I spread everything to dry, will also take a while until it can be used again for its purpose.
All in all, exactly what you need in the 23rd hour of a day!

So now it's "Welcome to the jungle!".
Fortunately I am surrounded by a very spicy, very likeable scent (even if I could have done without it to this extent!).
A homogeneous scent web is created very quickly: cardamom and cumin are only detached for a moment, then they join the Gesamtkunstwerk.
The tangerine tickles here with a very fine gardenia and surrounds itself at the same time with the glow of ylang-ylang: fruity flowery spice spreads!
The flirting of liquorice with vanilla already opens up a tropical atmosphere here and now, in which I feel surprisingly comfortable.
Of course my darling Patchouli with his brown golden shimmer contributes to this and spreads such a net of shining, vibrating sensuality around me!
Feeling good is the order of the day and the step under the mosquito net out and into the exploding fragrant liveliness is easy!

If Henzo's "Jungle" is as durable in the apartment as it is on the skin, then I have some cosy, exotic-spicy days ahead of me. Because as I said: the jungle is felt here everywhere!
Only the animal world would like to stay where it belongs: it would be a bit narrow and a bit noisy, if everything that is at home in this sun-drenched green would invite itself to me!
This raid-like "surprise visit" was not planned; but I will be able to live well with him.
Maybe this is even a pleasant environment; it should be quite cool outside.
So once again: "Welcome to the jungle!"

EsojoEsojo 4 months ago
Forgotten masterpiece. Powdery spicy gardenia and mango? Say no more. Performance is unreal.
LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
A magnificent spicy oriental ride starring clove. I like to wear a small dab on a cold winter's day on my clothing rather than my skin.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Intoxicating cardamom. Too spicy for me. Wearable only in winter, in my opinion

„Ain‘t no mountain high enough“
by Scottie
by Zora
by Zora
Dankeschön
by Seejungfrau
Ein Ritt durch den Dschungel. Solange er noch da ist .
by Schalkerin
by Goldlola
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jungle Le Tigre by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour L'Élixir by Kenzo 5:40 PM in Madagascar by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Essentielle by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Summer by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Air (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Kenzo