Kenzo JungleJungle L'Éléphant (1996)

Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo
Bottle Design: Joël Desgrippes

Kenzo Jungle is a popular perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 1996. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Cardamom, Mandarin, Gardenia, Heliotrope, Clove, Mango, Patchouli, Vanilla, Ylang-ylang, Licorice

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.06.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Spice transport
Beyond
the shores of the mangrove
Between dripping curtains
And the eternal singsong
Green stuffness,
Boggy sultriness
Runs welding
Only over the skin of workers chewing liquorice
- Or was it coca?
Their grey slaves led
From centuries old power of habit
Patient as a trash in the sleeping offices
The Rue du Pont Neuf
Your tiny eyes forgot why.

As without reason
Answering to a blink of an eye < br /> Crates fall
Mud splashes, smacking under the velvet
Galloping hooves
Fanfares of former galley convicts
Crushing, crushing Garam Masala and the pyramids
The mangos, the oranges.
Above all smiles malaria,
with bedroom view. Returns a last command.

Stampede!
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

where's the elephant?
No, not the approx. 30 cm small pink-coloured one, which still shines in the dark, which Martin Sutter describes in his novel "Elefant".
When I opened my eyes this morning, I felt like I was expecting an elephant to trudge through the apartment with cheerful "Tröröö! (Turns out it was the police siren!)
This apartment had changed a lot since last night: I wouldn't have been surprised if I had woken up under a mosquito net surrounded by a tropical wilderness.
According to my nose, that would have been possible.

Yesterday evening I managed to knock one of the organza bags off the table, in which I keep my fillings sorted. The small glass bottle ofenzos "Jungle" broke The red coloured liquid was so fast; I could not react at all: the pouch and the other samples got wet, there are now two red spots on the parquet floor and the dish towel, on which I spread everything to dry, will also take a while until it can be used again for its purpose.
All in all, exactly what you need in the 23rd hour of a day!

So now it's "Welcome to the jungle!".
Fortunately I am surrounded by a very spicy, very likeable scent (even if I could have done without it to this extent!).
A homogeneous scent web is created very quickly: cardamom and cumin are only detached for a moment, then they join the Gesamtkunstwerk.
The tangerine tickles here with a very fine gardenia and surrounds itself at the same time with the glow of ylang-ylang: fruity flowery spice spreads!
The flirting of liquorice with vanilla already opens up a tropical atmosphere here and now, in which I feel surprisingly comfortable.
Of course my darling Patchouli with his brown golden shimmer contributes to this and spreads such a net of shining, vibrating sensuality around me!
Feeling good is the order of the day and the step under the mosquito net out and into the exploding fragrant liveliness is easy!

If Henzo's "Jungle" is as durable in the apartment as it is on the skin, then I have some cosy, exotic-spicy days ahead of me. Because as I said: the jungle is felt here everywhere!
Only the animal world would like to stay where it belongs: it would be a bit narrow and a bit noisy, if everything that is at home in this sun-drenched green would invite itself to me!
This raid-like "surprise visit" was not planned; but I will be able to live well with him.
Maybe this is even a pleasant environment; it should be quite cool outside.
So once again: "Welcome to the jungle!"
7.0 9.0 9.0 8.0/10

Minigolf
There's no comparison to that....
.....the fragrance is so unique that it doesn't fit into any of the categories I know of.
It's not even necessary, so I have my own ideas, which I try to represent to other perfumes pictorially.
With "Jungle" there is first of all a slightly citric mix tour of fat spices, which looks for its own way through the nostrils into the brain stem.
As soon as the brain arrives there it shouts "More of it!!!"
And so wished it will happen soon.
A large, liquorice rasping lindworm, blossomed with proud flowers, bursting with strength and demanding to be admitted.
Together with the cardamomized caraway seed of the first fragrance squadron, this results in a "dangerous" fine bitter-sweet seduction.
And as if that weren't enough, an armada of woody, earthy, vanilla aromas comes running legionally, only to completely demolish the door to the "inner brain", so that resistance is completely pointless.
Unbelievable and astonishing scent, which (almost) knows no borders, does what it wants and can't join any "category" or likes.
Gertestet, smelled, ---- skeptical!
Smell- penetrated into the inside--halfway satisfied.
Penetrated into the inside, given him time, "unravelled" anew -- quite differently perceived-
I've had it!!!
WISH LIST!!!
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

"You smell stunning."
...my puberty stated when I was standing in the kitchen doing things and meant it literally, coughing, holding his nose discreetly and quickly disappeared again. But the grey giant had been in my crook of my arm for hours and had elicited from my husband a "what sniffs so good here?", the highest praise for a perfume so far.

To the fragrance:
He's polarizing. You can either go with him or he'll run. I like elephants because I like to smell spicy scents with cinnamon and cardamom. And that's exactly what I see from the beginning. The cumin and the mandarin hold back skillfully. There is cardamom - warm, spicy and soft - almost in pure form. That's what the Orient smells like to me. Shimmering heat over a steel-blue sky. Happy faces at a spice bazaar. No stress. No rush. And because I associate this scent with heat and desert, it is just as well wearable for me in summer. Cardamom is also considered to be an aphrodisiac and especially in combination with ylang-ylang in the heart note it would explain the rather .... um... human reactions from the pre-comments. Even my very reserved best-husband-of-all has fallen for just this scent and tigers after me to sniff out his highly personal odour sample.
But oppla, before it gets too private back to the scent: the liquorice (or liquorice) fits perfectly to the spicy prelude. The gardenia and the ylang-ylang soften the admittedly strong beginning successfully and give a round sweetness that slowly becomes vanilliger. I only notice patchouli when I press my nose against my skin, but perhaps my olfactory organ has become too accustomed to this scent.

The Sillage:
Space has already been mentioned. Definitely. I like it, I just like it a little stronger. As already mentioned, the environment reacts with clear rejection or with attempts at rapprochement. Just try it ;) But I warn you: with more than two sprayers you have to expect collateral damage. The shelf life is very good and compared to today's scented waters an olfactory ocean.
Leimbacher spoke of a courageous scent.
I say for brave women and men. He's provoking reactions, know it.

9.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

Sweet
I like it, having said that, on my skin it is sweet, i have known the souks of Egypt so well have so often been there, namely Khan el Khalili...but i can not compare this fragrance to that souk and i know where the spice shops are over there, they smell good and the colors of the spices are so nicely placed, this fragrance lasts very long, it makes me think off as Alecofur says rice....in my country we have an old dessert dish and we name it “rijstpap” it smells like that, only we make “rijstpap” with rice, milk, sugar, creme and...SAFFRON...

Hater
I do not understand , I know that taste is a personal thing , but this perfume is very invasive, strange smells like sweet rice with cinnamon , Angel edp of 10-0 this fragrance ... But as said taste is personal, unfortunately people find that's better.

Psychocandy!
The opening of Kenzo Jungle Elephant is really peculiar and intriguing (as all its evolution will be): it’s quite sweet but with a dusty, almost sandy texture, and played around an odd and playful concoction of mild notes, somehow gourmand-fruity on the “exotic” side, but quite more bizarre and fascinating than the usual “exotic” clichés. I almost don’t get any note precisely, as this scent is really thick and harmonic; I get more just a sort of psychedelic talc-spicy gourmand blend permeated with a warm, ambery, culinary sweetness and scented with spices (ginger and cumin, to me), a floral-soapy-pollen breeze comprising mostly heliotrope, cardamom, tonka, a fresh green head accord, on a base of sweet notes with a more substantial and shady texture (like white musks with something woodier or earthier underneath). Hallucinogen and totally fun, but it works great: take the world of Teint de Neige by Villoresi or Boucheron’s Jaipur, that kind of “clean”, cozy, slightly formal Oriental powderiness, and bring it upside down, colouring it with a crazy sci-fi jungle/tiki feel: wet flowers, crunchy branches, shades and bright beams, odd sweet flavours of someone cooking God knows what psychotropic candies somewhere deep in the forest. Lively, playful, shameless, raw... but at the same time perfectly solid, pleasant, elegant, cozy and versatile. Just a tad tacky perhaps, but that's part of the fun. Not sure if my review makes sense, but L’Elephant is worth a try for sure – another cheap, under-the-radar designer scent easily overpassing recent niche fragrances to all extents (creativity, uniqueness, quality).

8/10

Whoa!
Whoa baby!! This is very, very strong and lasts forever. It has got to be the strongest perfume I have tried yet. In fact I can't imagine anything stronger. It's spicy and a little sweet. The only spices I think I can identify are the clove, (which stays and never dies on me), the caraway and licorice. Super exotic and very foreign smelling. Someone mentioned an Indian spice marketplace in reviews I've read on other sites, and yes it could very well be what it smells like. I do not smell cinammon or vanilla, but I smell something quite different, perhaps it is the cardamom. It smells wierd and wonderful, but use only one spray. Any more and you will send people running, and it will be very cloying. Could easily be unisex
10.0 7.5 7.0/10

A hippie's spice shop
I see L'Elephant as an escape; an escape from the common and predictable fragrances of today. Not everyone will love L'Elephant, as in some instances the spiciness and boldness can prove to be too much. However, despite the fact that I'm not a lover of this fragrance, I do appreciate its uniqueness.

The fragrance opens with huge intensity. One is almost blown over backwards with its rich spices and citrus undertones. I wouldn't say that the top notes are offensive in any way, just shocking and vastly different from anything you've ever tried before.

The spices in L'Elephant are quite stunning in a dark, wild and exotic sense. The cloves, cardamom, caraway, licorice and patchouli gives this fragrance character and a somewhat smokey/incense quality.

What I find incredibly appealing, and in some ways sensual, is the contrast between spiciness and sweetness, which is brought about by the mango, ylang ylang and vanilla. It's a guilty pleasure that you experience, like adding a spoonful of sugar to a spicy Indian cuisine to send your tastebuds on a confusing yet enjoyable journey.

The drydown is very mild compared to the opening. The sweetness from the vanilla is more prominent here, as is the amber and the woods. I find it a delicate and comforting end to a rather wild olfactory experience.

The L'Elephant woman, in my opinion, is either a charismatic extrovert or a dark, mysterious introvert. On the right person, this fragrance is unforgettable.
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

A Herd of Supremely Well-scented Elephants
Kenzo Jungle L'Eléphant is such a spectacular creation that I can only regard the fact that it has been discontinued as yet more evidence that there is something seriously awry with the universe. Thank goodness I acquired a bottle, though I must admit that it was an act of faith based only on my knowledge of the perfumer's name: Dominique Ropion.

This perfume is nearly entirely oriental--not very floral at all, and also not very sweet. It packs a punch of spices which, if overapplied, might well knock the wearer and those in her environs out. Not that this creation cannot be worn by men--I find it completely unisex and surmise that it would have had a longer, more successful market life had it been presented in that way. Instead, men were steered away from this fabulous composition by fears, no doubt, that it might be more along the lines of Ropion's Givenchy Amarige--also a loud perfume but very feminine, it seems to me.

There are prerequisites to wearing this perfume. First, one must love cardamom, because that note perfuses the entire composition. Second, one must have a hearty appreciation for spices more generally, as they do abound. However, I hasten to add that this is very far from the "spice-cabinet" perfumes which basically dump a bunch of n'importe quoi together and hope that somehow it will work out.

Instead, the perfumer has woven the spices into the woody-patchouli-amber-vanilla base, each of the elements of which is complementary to the others, and none of which dominates. As a result, one does not have the sense that this is a patchouli perfume or an amber perfume or a vanilla perfume. No, this is the sui generis creation Jungle L'Eléphant. Cumin and vanilla are two of the most obvious and readily identifiable notes to my nose, and yet here they are not independently detectable, so skillfully is this composition blended.

This creation begins strong and grows massively over the course of a wear, as though the elephant decided to reproduce and gave birth to an entire herd. For this reason, modest application is highly advised. Even then, such a voluminous perfume may be best reserved for private settings. It is unclear to me that it is even possible to wear L'Eléphant discreetly, and it certainly will not work in a perfume-police monitored setting.

To my nose, Jungle L'Eléphant is an olfactory neighbor of Bond no. 9 Chinatown, which also packs a big punch of cardamom in a textured mesh of other oriental notes. However, rather than becoming floral, this Kenzo creation remains a strictly oriental affair, albeit an equally arresting one to my nose.

I am delighted that my large bottle will last until the end of my natural life since it appears to contain a very strong eau de parfum, verging on pure parfum.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Spice Souk
Kenzo Jungle Elephant is in my opinion, the greatest spicy perfume ever created.

I really dislike strong, heady, heavy stuff and yet this fragrance has put a spell on me for years. I love east and I appreciate everything eastern and oriental in the highest level, so just a sniff from this adorable Elephant transfers me to Souks of Maghreb, Tunisia, Istanbul and Arabia, where the stands of spices, sweets and the dry sand of desert mix all together and create this magic cloud of Jungle Elephant.
To my nose this is spicy yet dry, not oily and sweet (two qualities which usually annoy me), the spices selected to create the scent are very well complimenting each other, before reading the notes I could swear I detested cumin but oh well! I could also swear I smell cinnamon and some cloves.. This perfume is amazing in cold winter afternoons, it really warms me up, it creates such a cozy and intimate atmosphere.
Attention though, me as a lover of it I appreciate it a lot, but I know for a fact not so many people agree with this, the sillage is superb and it is a very strong liquid so be cautious when spraying. I also love its name as I really find elephants adorable. Masterpiece!

Lillibet 16 months ago
A magnificent spicy oriental ride starring clove. I like to wear a small dab on a cold winter's day on my clothing rather than my skin.+3
10.0
10.0
9.0
Jazzy76 16 months ago
Intoxicating cardamom. Too spicy for me. Wearable only in winter, in my opinion+1

„Ain‘t no mountain high enough“
by Scottie
by Goldlola
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Parfum d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme Night by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo World (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Flower in the Air (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo