L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme (1996)

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme is a perfume by Kenzo for women and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesIced mint, Mandarin, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesLotus, Peach
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.09.2018

7.0 7.0 5.0 7.0/10

Intense Water Lily
I get a very strong water lily note, so intense that it made me dizzy even with one spritz. It somehow gave me an image of a lake full of water lilies deep in the forest, not oceanic or tropical. And I find it primarily a floral fragrance than fresh or aquatic. I doubt if it's suitable for a really hot summer day, probably better for spring and autumn.

The longevity is moderate, about 4 or 5 hours. Instead the sillage is quite impressive for an EDT.

Originally written in 2013.
2.5 7.5 10.0 4.0/10

Bathroom Cleaner...
This one is not my cup of tea, I guess. It just smells like bathroom cleaner on my skin... Not hideous cleaner to be sure, but why do I want to smell like *that*? Superb staying power and is relatively potent for this kind of scent, so for those who do enjoy it my recommendation is go easy on the trigger. 2 stars out of 5.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Icy and refreshing
I'm actually finding it difficult reviewing this fragrance because I haven't had much experience with aquatic scents in the past. From what I've tried of aquatic fragrances, I have disliked, but today I have concluded that L'eau par Kenzo may have just changed my mind.

I'll start by saying that this fragrance is quite complex and unique. It has a somewhat crisp, fizzy, citrusy smell that is rather energising but also strange. I'm testing this fragrance in the Winter months, which doesn't really do this scent justice. I would recommend this fragrance as a Summer/Spring scent only.

Like most of the perfumes I've been trying as of late, L'eau par Kenzo is refreshing and clean smelling. It's a fragrance that finds it difficult to offend.

This fragrance is oddly sweet yet sour in the opening. The blend of unique flowers and the vanilla in the base, gives this scent a comforting and feminine quality. I actually sense a melon and pear note in this fragrance, and was rather surprised when they weren't listed as one of the ingredients.

Overall, this is a fragrance that is hard not to like. I am eager to test this in the Summer to determine whether or not I'll be purchasing a full bottle.

Long lasting
The top notes were very "green tea" to me. Interestingly enough the orange smell came out as a middle note which I thought was unusual. The rose is subtle and the vanilla is very present.

Interestingly enough this reminds me a lot of Starfruit!!! Kind of a watered down flavor I would assume it would have if it was a fruit.

I think the Healing Garden makes a body spray sold at drug stores that is a little stronger than this, not sure about this longevity..

Unfortunatly for Healing Garden the Green Tea does not have the beautiful composition that L'Eau does.
This is a true aquatic floral,beautiful scent!

This fragrance lasted 12 hr, YES! I am not kidding!! I did not support it with a lotion of any kind and wore long sleeves all day with only ONE spritz!! I am amazed! With the subtle sillage this makes sense though...
I might buy a 1.7 oz but it is not in my top ten, who knows I might pick it up years from now and love it!

by Smitty
Mein geliebtes Baltikum im Mai.
by Parfummaster
by Parfummaster

Popular Kenzo

Kenzo Amour by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo by Kenzo Kenzo Jungle / Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Power (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Le Parfum by Kenzo Jungle pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Kenzo Amour Indian Holi by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo pour Femme by Kenzo Flower by Kenzo L'Elixir by Kenzo L'Eau par Kenzo Eau Indigo pour Femme by Kenzo Jeu d'Amour (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Parfum d'Été (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme (Eau de Toilette Boisée) by Kenzo Kenzo Homme Night by Kenzo Kenzo World (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo Ça Sent Beau / Kenzo (Eau de Toilette) by Kenzo Flower in the Air (Eau de Parfum) by Kenzo