☮ by Kenzo by Kenzo

☮ by Kenzo 2008

15.06.2017 - 02:00 PM
Helpful Review

Smooth and Powdery

I absolutely adore this fragrance. I am very thankful to Sherapop for having given me the opportunity to try this rare gem.

Kenzo Vintage Edition has all the qualities I enjoy smelling in a fragrance. It is both powdery and feminine on my skin, but also quite complex and intriguing. I've worn it out in public twice since being given a sample, and on both occasions I received some positive comments from strangers.

This fragrance opens with a sweet and juicy mandarin accord. However this note is fairly short-lived as the scent quickly dissolves into a smooth, powdery heliotrope and tonka bean blend.

When I first smelt Kenzo Vintage Edition I swore that I could detect an almond note, and was rather confused when I saw that it wasn't listed in the scent pyramid. Even to this day, I can still smell almonds, even though it may just be the tonka bean playing tricks with my senses. Nevertheless, Kenzo Vintage Edition has a slightly nutty texture which makes it smell quite foody and delicious at times.

This fragrance soothes me. It never overwhelms me with its presence, and I find it to be the perfect choice for a windy, overcast day when I need a touch of warmth. It's a pity that this fragrance has since been discontinued. I consider it one of Kenzo's best.

Although the sillage is fairly moderate, the longevity is outstanding. I'll spritz this on in the morning before work, and return home in the evening to find it still lingering on my skin. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this fragrance to anyone, even men, seeing that it has slight unisex tendencies.

Latest Reviews

MisskMissk 5 years ago
Love In White (Eau de Parfum) - Creed

Love In White (Eau de Parfum) Not What I Expected...
Love in White by Creed is a surprisingly crisp, citrusy scent on my skin. I also find it rather difficult to wear, perhaps the only time I reach for it is during the midst of Summer when the weather is unbearably hot. Love in White is not something...

MisskMissk 5 years ago
CK2 - Calvin Klein

CK2 Much Anticipated Flanker
When I first sprayed CK2 by Calvin Klein I didn't think much of it. The initial blast was very citrusy, ozonic and metallic. I stuffed the scent strip into my handbag and carried on with my day. Revisiting this fragrance again, I am amazed...