Blackmail 2016

Blackmail by Kerosene
Blackmail is a popular perfume by Kerosene for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is smoky-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

John Pegg (Brand owner, Perfume maker)

Amber, Vanilla, Berries, Sandalwood, Oud

Submitted by Danina, last update on 23.01.2021.

New Year's Eve 2020
Fireworks ban. That pleases main fire chief Kunze. After numerous operations in the pre-Christmas period with burning Advent wreaths and various apartment fires on the holidays, since many Christmas enthusiasts swear to this day on real candles on the Christmas tree, the cozy firefighter hopes for the turn of the year finally times a little calmer than usual. Without firecrackers and rockets, it must finally work.

But far from it. It is just 22 clock, there is a first fire reported. At the Schulzes, a family with several small children. When the firefighters with loud siren in their fire truck to move, however, offers a very different picture. There is a large fire basket in the family's garden. Wood is being burned and there is a lot of smoke. The garden is filled with the smell of burning wood, but otherwise Kunze can't make out any other source of fire. But wait, what is that? From the living room, from which the young son is just coming with more logs, an intense smell of incense is coming through. The curious fire-fighting team quickly found the cause. Smoking men are burning in the living room and father Schulze is also smoking various resins, which have a pleasant sweet smell. The smell of blackberry jam is also coming from the kitchen. Mrs. Schulze and the daughter cook the delicious, fruity spread. "There's nothing else you can do," sighs the housewife. "Firecrackers and rockets are forbidden, as is lead casting, so we just cook jam. It's fun for the kids and tasty for dessert."

Kunze also gets a jar of the freshly made jam as a gift from the Schulze family. He and his people don't even notice where the time has gone. All of a sudden it is midnight. Mrs. Schulze quickly brings a little glass of fruit decco with elderberries, non-alcoholic of course. At the fire basket in the garden, from which the flames now blaze all the more vigorously, the Schulzes toast the new year with the firemen. Thus nevertheless a to some extent calm year end, is pleased main fire chief Kunze. Prosit New Year!

Blackmail by Kerosene combines the aromas of burning and smoky wood with a sweet berry scent. Added to this is a subtle, resinous amber note. In the charisma, the fragrance is wonderfully pleasantly sweet and cuddly. If you get closer to the wearer, you notice the intense smoky notes. Once again, one for the main firebrand, this Kerosene. Fans of Broken Theories, who are open to a sweeter berry note, should also have their pleasure in this fragrance.

Many thanks to Medianus1976 for the sample.
Berry smoke par excellence
I stumbled upon kerosene early on in my time here, had quickly put the house to rest, because at that time I was still using fragrances in the classical way and not in Polish perfumeries. But nothing is more constant than change and this also applies to banal topics like where do I buy perfumes. I received Blackmail some time ago as an addition to another fragrance from Kerosene. Now Kerosene has created a fragrance that I appreciate very much, but also fragrances that I like, but for me personally are nothing. I would avoid this pyramid of scents but after extensive tests I have to say: it can never be complete?
Blackmail starts strongly with intense smoke, which comes originally from burnt and charred berries. This is even very well represented, you can really feel how the berries are roasted over the fireplace, contract, the formerly red skin of the berries turns black and how the berry juice drips down, hisses in the fire and rises again steaming. Great, really. They are red berries, I guess cranberries or similar, because the intense dark aroma speaks for red fruits and not exactly for pineapple on a skewer over the fire. At times it smells slightly of burnt caramel, exciting. Since I know similar oud scents already from me, which are also enriched by me, I claim that we are slowly moving towards oud after this prelude. It is smoked, it is dirty and has absorbed the air drawn by the fire. As a result, the smell of oud to me is only faintly oud, but above all, very linear. Which doesn't hurt the scent, though, because Kerosene wanders along here on a fine line between creativity and "something that Arab perfumers have often experienced".
Now that Blackmail is at the crossroads for a while, the smoky note decides to take the lead. Along with a smooth entourage, which is what really sets the fragrance apart here. Gentle vanilla and sandalwood tones blend in, giving Blackmail new facets. In principle similar to Memoirs of a Trespasser, but where the vanilla is the protagonist and the smoke makes it more exciting, this is diametrically opposed to it. Nevertheless, the vanilla comes through stronger every now and then. It always seems smoky, not dirty. On the way to the final extinction of the fragrance, it becomes more olfactorically full-bodied, because the sandalwood becomes quite strong towards the end, plays with the berries and the smoky element is hardly present anymore.
Blackmail seems to me to be an option for those who like smoke in fragrances, but for whom it can quickly become too much and who need it loosened up. In this respect, this fruity and smoky mixture is worth an idea for such tastes. The vanilla and sandalwood harmonize very well with the other ingredients, blackmail is really recommendable, looks lush and creates a more complete smoking experience.
Shaking
Have you heard? The wonder boy is in town!
Today is another day.
The annual Christmas train ride to the family is coming up.

Twice a year my parents are blessed with my presence. (More often would be nicer, but temporally it is always something like that)

As an attentive reader of my comments, I am sure some of you already know about my "Noir Extreme" experience, but only in summer :)
11 hours of train ride can be used to get closer to one or the other fragrance, especially if it is such an unusual specimen like "Blackmail".
(Editor's note: In Germany, the Wunderwuzzi is more of a miracle worker than: Jack-of-all-trades known)

My today's *victim*(or am I the victim of the scent) impresses by a very high reaction rate to his environment. Meaning...
whenever I have worn this fragrance, I have been approached about it.
Positive as well as negative (negative comments predominate) Note of the editors: "Philistines"

What I have not heard everything, a small sample pleasing ?
Pipe tobacco, Christmas market, Swiss stone pine oil, embrocation, tea shop etc.
From odour violation to "This scent makes me aggressive" to "My absolute favourite scent on you" ......

and then there is "Sonja" note of the editorial staff: Name changed for privacy reasons, a colleague, beginning 50, who always takes her little cookie box out of the desk drawer in the morning and puts on a chai latte when I wear the scent She wants to have that Christmas market feeling at work too, she says :)

I'm sorry I couldn't give your husband a sample of me. He finds the scent "to puke"

By the way:
The female sex likes the scent much better than men.
Editor's note: Jeremy approved seal of approval ;)

To the fragrance:
I don't wear the fragrance because I want to stand out or take off compliments...I wear it simply because I love the fragrance.
For me this fragrance composition is close to the perfect fragrance.

Why ?
I love incense or smoke notes in all variations
Is this the scent? Check !
I like slightly fruity notes
Is this the scent? Check ! (and even red berries)
I like a non-intrusive sweetness Is that the smell? Check !
Does the fragrance hold and has a good Sillage ?
Double check !

From my point of view, I can't really say anything negative about the fragrance, except that it is not so good to wear in summer, although it is not so good mild summer evenings are definitely going to work!

In conclusion, it remains for me to say that
i think it is simply great that the fragrance is perceived differently by everyone and I am happy to know that it is in my collection!

The Kerosene brand is certainly worth a look or two if you haven't heard of it yet.

Editor's note:
Halftime on the train, 5 hours to go :)

TombbbTombbb 3 months ago
Dark chocolate, hot asphalt and oud.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Kerosene

Broken Theories by Kerosene Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene Follow by Kerosene Wood Haven by Kerosene Fields of Rubus by Kerosene Black Vines by Kerosene Summer of 84 by Kerosene Unforsaken by Kerosene Walk The Sea by Kerosene R'oud Elements by Kerosene Pretty Machine by Kerosene Copper Skies by Kerosene Santalum Slivers by Kerosene Canfield Cedar by Kerosene Whips and Roses by Kerosene Creature by Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene Kindred by Kerosene Sacred Memory by Kerosene Sweetly Known by Kerosene