Blackmail 2016

Blackmail by Kerosene
Blackmail is a popular perfume by Kerosene for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is smoky-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

John Pegg (Marken-Inhaber, Parfümhersteller)

Amber, Vanilla, Berries, Sandalwood, Oud

Submitted by Danina, last update on 29.10.2020.

Berry smoke par excellence
I stumbled upon kerosene early on in my time here, had quickly put the house to rest, because at that time I was still using fragrances in the classical way and not in Polish perfumeries. But nothing is more constant than change and this also applies to banal topics like where do I buy perfumes. I received Blackmail some time ago as an addition to another fragrance from Kerosene. Now Kerosene has created a fragrance that I appreciate very much, but also fragrances that I like, but for me personally are nothing. I would avoid this pyramid of scents but after extensive tests I have to say: it can never be complete?
Blackmail starts strongly with intense smoke, which comes originally from burnt and charred berries. This is even very well represented, you can really feel how the berries are roasted over the fireplace, contract, the formerly red skin of the berries turns black and how the berry juice drips down, hisses in the fire and rises again steaming. Great, really. They are red berries, I guess cranberries or similar, because the intense dark aroma speaks for red fruits and not exactly for pineapple on a skewer over the fire. At times it smells slightly of burnt caramel, exciting. Since I know similar oud scents already from me, which are also enriched by me, I claim that we are slowly moving towards oud after this prelude. It is smoked, it is dirty and has absorbed the air drawn by the fire. As a result, the smell of oud to me is only faintly oud, but above all, very linear. Which doesn't hurt the scent, though, because Kerosene wanders along here on a fine line between creativity and "something that Arab perfumers have often experienced".
Now that Blackmail is at the crossroads for a while, the smoky note decides to take the lead. Along with a smooth entourage, which is what really sets the fragrance apart here. Gentle vanilla and sandalwood tones blend in, giving Blackmail new facets. In principle similar to Memoirs of a Trespasser, but where the vanilla is the protagonist and the smoke makes it more exciting, this is diametrically opposed to it. Nevertheless, the vanilla comes through stronger every now and then. It always seems smoky, not dirty. On the way to the final extinction of the fragrance, it becomes more olfactorically full-bodied, because the sandalwood becomes quite strong towards the end, plays with the berries and the smoky element is hardly present anymore.
Blackmail seems to me to be an option for those who like smoke in fragrances, but for whom it can quickly become too much and who need it loosened up. In this respect, this fruity and smoky mixture is worth an idea for such tastes. The vanilla and sandalwood harmonize very well with the other ingredients, blackmail is really recommendable, looks lush and creates a more complete smoking experience.
Shaking
Have you heard? The wonder boy is in town!
Today is another day.
The annual Christmas train ride to the family is coming up.

Twice a year my parents are blessed with my presence. (More often would be nicer, but temporally it is always something like that)

As an attentive reader of my comments, I am sure some of you already know about my "Noir Extreme" experience, but only in summer :)
11 hours of train ride can be used to get closer to one or the other fragrance, especially if it is such an unusual specimen like "Blackmail".
(Editor's note: In Germany, the Wunderwuzzi is more of a miracle worker than: Jack-of-all-trades known)

My today's *victim*(or am I the victim of the scent) impresses by a very high reaction rate to his environment. Meaning...
whenever I have worn this fragrance, I have been approached about it.
Positive as well as negative (negative comments predominate) Note of the editors: "Philistines"

What I have not heard everything, a small sample pleasing ?
Pipe tobacco, Christmas market, Swiss stone pine oil, embrocation, tea shop etc.
From odour violation to "This scent makes me aggressive" to "My absolute favourite scent on you" ......

and then there is "Sonja" note of the editorial staff: Name changed for privacy reasons, a colleague, beginning 50, who always takes her little cookie box out of the desk drawer in the morning and puts on a chai latte when I wear the scent She wants to have that Christmas market feeling at work too, she says :)

I'm sorry I couldn't give your husband a sample of me. He finds the scent "to puke"

By the way:
The female sex likes the scent much better than men.
Editor's note: Jeremy approved seal of approval ;)

To the fragrance:
I don't wear the fragrance because I want to stand out or take off compliments...I wear it simply because I love the fragrance.
For me this fragrance composition is close to the perfect fragrance.

Why ?
I love incense or smoke notes in all variations
Is this the scent? Check !
I like slightly fruity notes
Is this the scent? Check ! (and even red berries)
I like a non-intrusive sweetness Is that the smell? Check !
Does the fragrance hold and has a good Sillage ?
Double check !

From my point of view, I can't really say anything negative about the fragrance, except that it is not so good to wear in summer, although it is not so good mild summer evenings are definitely going to work!

In conclusion, it remains for me to say that
i think it is simply great that the fragrance is perceived differently by everyone and I am happy to know that it is in my collection!

The Kerosene brand is certainly worth a look or two if you haven't heard of it yet.

Editor's note:
Halftime on the train, 5 hours to go :)

TombbbTombbb 1 day ago
Dark chocolate, hot asphalt and oud.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Kerosene

Broken Theories by Kerosene Follow by Kerosene Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene Fields of Rubus by Kerosene Wood Haven by Kerosene Summer of 84 by Kerosene Walk The Sea by Kerosene Black Vines by Kerosene R'oud Elements by Kerosene Unforsaken by Kerosene Pretty Machine by Kerosene Canfield Cedar by Kerosene Copper Skies by Kerosene Santalum Slivers by Kerosene Whips and Roses by Kerosene Creature by Kerosene Kindred by Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene Sacred Memory by Kerosene Winter of 99 by Kerosene