Broken Theories (2015)

Broken Theories by Kerosene

Broken Theories is a popular perfume by Kerosene for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is smoky-spicy. It is still in production.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

John Pegg (Marken-Inhaber)

Blood orange, Tobacco, Spices, Vanilla bean, Sandalwood, Oud, Frankincense

Submitted by WiB, last update on 06.11.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Very helpful Review
I'm a simple person, but my scents won't be.
I'm sitting by the campfire with a guitar on my lap. No, I can't play guitar... It belongs to my buddy, who can not only play it, but also sing. Nice company, lots of laughter, very relaxed. It's autumn. Humid cold air rises from the ground. The treetops are dipped bit by bit in red-yellow color. On the ground there are already the first coloured leaves, which were in a hurry to touch the earth. It's getting dark. I throw the warm blanket around my shoulder. The fire crackles and loud little sparks dance in the hot air. The wonderful smell of burnt wood swirls around your nose. I get a glass of mulled wine with orange slices and fine spices. The sun goes down into the black clouds and I hear the wonderful ballad of my friend singing... Philipp Poisel - Where does your sky begin:

"Prayed to my angel, laughed for no other girl
Waited a thousand hours, everything has brought nothing
Twenty letters written until one was good enough for you
Hello how are you?
Do you ever think about me? Sometimes
What's the sky like standing above you now? There where the sun, in summer does not go down
Where does your heaven begin, and where does it end?"

I see these pictures when I smell this perfume. It's unique...

First, my nose welcomes a wild cloud of incense! Strong, dominant, she cuts me in the face and in the next moment she is gone... She transforms into the warm, woody aroma, slightly surrounded by the scent of oranges and spices. It unfolds beautifully slowly on the skin and becomes ever softer, smokier. Sandalwood gives a noble note and.... Oh, my Oud! Gentle, dark the incense, which no longer comes and remains as a cloud, but as a velvety veil.

Wonderful... but stop! Didn't it smell the same as yesterday's blackmail? Yes! That's it! Hey, Kerosene, are those twins, your kids ;-) "I'm a simple person, but my scents won't be." No doubt about it! But I can hardly tell the two apart.

I think I'd rather stay by the campfire, the ballad is so beautiful...

The fragrance changes at the beginning and then remains aromatic, smoky with a pronounced "wood-burned" character. This fascinates me - How can a perfume smell like a campfire? Do I want to smell like that? Marriage doesn't... or does it...? Help, I don't know!

Well implemented. Good durability. Sillage good. Definitely an autumn scent for me!

SmellGoodGuy 7 months ago
The very epitome of niche.

by Shivsri13
by HerrApunkt
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Kerosene

Fields of Rubus by Kerosene Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene Follow by Kerosene Whips and Roses by Kerosene Broken Theories by Kerosene Wood Haven by Kerosene R'oud Elements by Kerosene Creature by Kerosene Copper Skies by Kerosene Black Vines by Kerosene Pretty Machine by Kerosene Santalum Slivers by Kerosene Blackmail by Kerosene Unforsaken by Kerosene Summer of 84 by Kerosene Walk The Sea by Kerosene Canfield Cedar by Kerosene Kindred by Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene Sacred Memory by Kerosene