Follow is a popular perfume by Kerosene for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

John Pegg (Marken-Inhaber, Parfümhersteller)

Coffee bean, Vanilla, Benzoin, Tonka bean, Plant juice, Amber

Submitted by Danina, last update on 06.07.2020.

Parfümlein
"Life without coffee is possible, but pointless"
... that's how Loriot would have put it if the hot, black brew had been as important to him as the pug. A life without coffee - sure, not senseless, but in any case unthinkable. A torture. What could there be in the morning at 5.45 a.m., at the bitterest time of the day, that is of such central importance as a freshly brewed coffee? And more than that, what could be more beautiful, more glorious, if you had to get up now (leaving aside the morning grasp of the perfume shelf for a moment)? I love coffee in all its forms and currently prefer it freshly ground from a filter machine. In the morning I drink it with milk, in the morning black, at noon as espresso...

I wonder if Mohammed was actually served the very first cup of hot coffee by the archangel Gabriel?
However, coffee was first mentioned in Ethiopia in the 9th century in the delightful legend of a hungry goat: It ate from a shrub with white flowers and red fruit and then jumped around happily until well into the night, while all the other goats slumbered.

Coffee has been an integral part of Western culture for several hundred years, and there is hardly any other drink where it makes so much sense to try it in all its variations and find "your" personal coffee: from the original Turkish mocha, which, coming from the Orient, from Mecca and Cairo, was served at the first European coffee tavern in Istanbul in 1554 and then, from 1615 onwards, celebrated its triumphant advance in Europe, to the sung about Italian coffee, i.e. espresso, with its variations: Caffè americano (the black, watery one in a normal coffee cup), Caffè lungo (the watered-down espresso), Caffè doppio (the double), Caffè ristretto (the strong one), Caffè corretto (the one with cognac), Cappuccino (the espresso with hot milk and milk foam) and Caffellatte (the espresso with milk in a glass). And its American varieties, with syrup transformed into drinkable biscuits. To the French café au lait, to the Austrian brown, to the Austrian one-horse carriage with whipped cream and finally to the German filter coffee. Volumes could be filled for each of these coffee variations in terms of optimal preparation. I don't even want to start here with filter machines and Caffetiera...

Coffee is simply a science in itself, elixir of life, ghost alarm clock, hot pleasure, unparalleled fragrance experience... And what could be better than combining this perhaps most beautiful of all real gourmand fragrances with the refined composition of a perfume?
For a long time now I have been looking for the perfect coffee scent in the form of a perfume, because I hope that this will give me the opportunity to repeat the experience in Italy. You know, I don't want to bore you...
In short: I have found this perfect perfume. And I am so one hundred percent sure that I have found it that I could cheer Bach's coffee cantata up and down for joy:

"If I don't get three times the day My cup of coffee can drink,
That's how I become my agony
Like a withered goat's sausage.

Ei! how does the coffee taste sweet,
Sweeter than a thousand kisses,
Milder than muscatel wine.
Coffee, coffee I must have,
And if anyone wants me, I'll be there Oh, so pour me coffee!"

I have often said that there is hardly a more beautiful olfactory experience than walking through an Italian city in the early morning and smelling the fresh espresso that comes out of all the bars (and that is why I really refrain from continuing this repetition). But there is a second olfactory coffee experience: "Follow". In loving memory of my poor heart, which perhaps can't stand coffee all day long like the rebellious soprano girl, this coffee-loving daughter of a desperate father in the coffee cantata, I am now happy with "Follow":

What a head note! Hot, steaming, freshly brewed, fragrant coffee, strong and bitter, made from the best beans, covers my skin like a film. No sweet gourmet nonsense, no synthetic chocolate cookies to tune into this anthem. It is pure coffee, pure coffee, a wonderful discovery of the Ethiopians. There is no representable development of the aroma, the coffee remains very present in this form. However, a minimally sweet and creamy veil lies between the individual brewing vapours, as if a perfumed cloth were being waved through the air, it is vanilla and benzoin that promote this impression. But directly perceptible, even as vanilla ice cream, sugared whipped cream or something else, these tones are not - there is no milk scent here. Rather, it goes - probably also through the tonka bean - in the direction of spicy-vanilla. I don't find the scent really sweet, and if I do, then only as a reminiscence of sugared black coffee. As I said: no milk, no ice cream, no cream! And finally, slowly, after a long time, one perceives a few herbaceous and ambry notes in the depth of the fragrance, only minimally and adding to the spiciness.

"Follow" is a fantastic coffee scent - IF you want to smell like coffee. And it will be MY coffee smell, which I don't want to do without anymore. Because this fragrance really makes you happy!
Shaking
The tears of joy of the barista
Nowadays there are coffee scents like sand at the sea, one even thinks that a "coffee" note is part of the good sound of every perfume.

On my odyssey for the perfect coffee scent, I have finally arrived !

I can say without telling lies, with all seriousness, what the theme perfume requires... this and only THIS fragrance comes closest to an authentic coffee experience!
SIC! Black coffee boy! :)

The circle was closed a few days ago, when I tested the last known and accessible coffee scent "Coffee Break - Golden Dallah" and believe me, I had YOU ALL :) (almost)

(Ok in my defense I would like to say that I am missing some small manufactories in America,
the scented oils with coffee flavors and really everything can not be covered)

No disturbing rose, no excessive vanilla, no sandalwood, no flowers etc.....just coffee... black, dark, roasted !

Of course I don't want to say that the other fragrances don't have any reason to exist, not at all!
There are also coffee scents that over 2 hours that capture coffee theme well, but then unfortunately turn in another direction.

For my part, I just wanted a coffee scent that smells like opening a 1kg pack of coffee beans fresh and what can I say:
Mission accomplished!

The question that always comes up: "Do I want to smell as if I have poured espresso over me? "
YES ! unequivocal !

The shelf life is very good (10 hours) / the Sillage is the first hours well perceptible to one meter, but then becomes closer to the body, but remains for me always present as an aura.

Chnokfir
Follow the coffee bean ...
I'm a tea drinker.

This statement alone is hardly reprehensible. It is perhaps astonishing if one cannot really do much with coffee as a drink, because in comparison to the taste in my eyes, it falls off strongly, but one cannot escape the smell of freshly roasted and ground coffee beans. When I drink an espresso, it's in the form of a saturated sugar solution. I have probably taken this from the black tea, which I drink with Kluntjes in the North German way, whereby I do not stir until the last sip is a real sugar bomb. But I guess that's how everyone has their strange-looking idiosyncrasies.

My love for coffee in front of my nose was strongly recommended to me by a much respected perfume, almost missionary, "Follow." I can't confess that the black velvet bag as packaging fascinated me. But the simple dark cube bottle is then exactly mine - for me the ideal shape for a bottle. The hand-made writing in the brass plate has both a childlike naive and an arachaic quality, and even after some time it still appeals to me almost magically. So be it.

There aren't many fragrances that give me a borderdebil wide grienen in the face when I sniff them for the first time. This was just the case with "Follow". There is exactly the coffee-sugar note that I love so much in the office when I have sipped my espresso, but at the bottom of the cup a thumb still sticks up a tough, brown sugar mass. If I search for an inspiration, an idea, now and then also for inner peace, then I sniff at it. And that's exactly what this perfume is. Fresh, soft, harmonious roast, brewed seconds ago and filled with sugar until the cup almost goes over. Aromatic, sweet, off! That's all I need. The outside world recognizes immediately that I am hardly responsive before ecstasy any more.

I can't tell you what else is in the perfume. Read the pyramid, maybe you can see something from it, with me it's only coffee and sugar, now and then also in the other order. I don't care, though. What is important to me is that my quintessence does not disappear, does not evaporate, does not change. And luckily, she hardly does in my nose. After about twelve or sixteen hours, the aroma retreats a little, but is still perceptible the next day. In the clothes, the scent has one more day. That's enough, that's good.

For me "Follow" is in another way an ingenious fragrance, because it is refined. That's not because of the scents themselves, but because of when you wear the scent. As an office fragrance, it sinks wonderfully, even if excessively dosed, because almost every colleague has a coffee pot on his desk anyway. In other situations, where there is no coffee cup to be seen far and wide, people standing around will ask themselves where the coffee is or whether it has spilled over their clothes opposite their coffee. But no matter also, one will hardly touch with this smell, too broadly the general acceptance. And unisex is a coffee anyway. What more could you want?!

Once again the question comes up if you want to smell like a hot drink. Well, some people also go through life outside the carnival season as fruit smoothie or bouquet of flowers. The only thing that bites you hard when you wear this scent and want to drink an unperfumed green tea. That doesn't want to happen together with the best will in the world, there's too much confusion. But there's always something. I just console myself with a piece of chocolate ...

by HerrApunkt
by HerrApunkt
by Chnokfir
by Chnokfir

Popular Kerosene

Broken Theories by Kerosene Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene Blackmail by Kerosene Wood Haven by Kerosene Fields of Rubus by Kerosene Black Vines by Kerosene Walk The Sea by Kerosene Summer of 84 by Kerosene Unforsaken by Kerosene R'oud Elements by Kerosene Pretty Machine by Kerosene Canfield Cedar by Kerosene Copper Skies by Kerosene Santalum Slivers by Kerosene Whips and Roses by Kerosene Creature by Kerosene Kindred by Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene Sacred Memory by Kerosene