Unknown Pleasures (2013)

Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene

Unknown Pleasures is a popular perfume by Kerosene for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

John Pegg (Marken-Inhaber)

Earl Grey tea, Lemon, Bergamot, Honey, Tonka bean, Caramel, Vanilla, Waffle cone

Submitted by Charlotte, last update on 17.10.2019

10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

I Will Never Be Without This Fragrance
This is by far the most amazingly delicious lemon fragrance I have ever smelled in my life and it gains a ton of unsolicited compliments! If you want an incredible fresh frag for the summer months then buy this now you can't go wrong with this one

Meh
Smells like a clumsy pastry chef who spilled a lot of Earl Grey on his apron and probably into the cake too.

A very (nauseatingly) heady, sweet lemon cake opening. The lemon reminding me of a dishwashing liquid. Lots of sweet n salty caramel. Something very thick and butter-like - almost smelling like cocoa butter. Truckloads of coconut. Very oily and very un-perfumelike. Lots of tea, somehow smelling decent amidst this seemingly chaotic brew.

In all honesty it smelled like I was working all day in the kitchen, baking some goodies with all those ingredients and then didn't feel it was necessary to take a bath (or change my clothes) before landing up for tea. All those smells still linger on...in a totally annoying sort of way. All that's left now is a very un-interesting and un-creative drydown of plain ol' vanilla and powdery tonka.

I'm really new to this "niche" world. Tried a few so far and have liked most of them. They always smell good/pleasant. And more importantly I love gourmands, which is why this was the first one I tried from their discovery set of 12. And all I wanted to do was take a shower and wear something else. That's really not a good feeling. Definitely meh, for me.

Anyways. This is new to me. Maybe this is creative and I can't tell it yet. I'm going to try the other 11 from this set and figure how it goes.
7.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Franfan20
Lemon bonbon shower ends in powder bath
A clattering shower of lemon bonbons pours all over me. The delicious lemon flavor of my childhood - concise, intense, tasty. Besides "Nuvol de Llimona" this is the most intensive scent of a citrus fruit I got from a perfume up to now. It lasts even about an hour. The shower of lemon bonbons gets more and more harmless, but the pleasure of the yellow candy stays the same. And I liked the lemon ones always better than the orange ones. After the rain is over the scent transforms into a powdery gourmand. Transitionally the scent comes across quite substantial and aromatic. I can sense the honey comb and yes, it reminds me of honey, but not as sticky & sweet as pure honey because I also clearly sense the wax. After the metamorphosis is completed a wonderful scent of tonka and caramel comes across, very powdery, slightly talcy. It reminds me of "Talc Gourmand" or "Talco Delicato" at times, but not as talcy as if you were stuck in a powder tin. It's more like a soft talc cloud around the other gourmand notes. The rain left a bath filled with powder behind one may like to lay in willingly. So mainly this is a delicious gourmand - juicy, citric and loud at first, then pleasantly powdery, cuddly and more and more soft. With its moderate lasting power "Unkown Pleasures" is just right for me to not be surfeited by it. Over time I discovered that with foodie gourmands less is more. If you don't have the smell around you all day long, they are less unnerving. So the effect of mouthwatering lasts longer each time you push the sprayer. Therefore "Unknown Pleasures" indeed uncovers hidden joys, but I would like to even call it: bringing back forgotten joys from the childhood. Thank you very much John Pegg, for giving me this olfactory experience.

by Danina
by Danina
by Schnuppi42
by Schnuppi42

Popular Kerosene

Fields of Rubus by Kerosene Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene Follow by Kerosene Whips and Roses by Kerosene Broken Theories by Kerosene Wood Haven by Kerosene R'oud Elements by Kerosene Creature by Kerosene Copper Skies by Kerosene Black Vines by Kerosene Pretty Machine by Kerosene Santalum Slivers by Kerosene Blackmail by Kerosene Unforsaken by Kerosene Summer of 84 by Kerosene Walk The Sea by Kerosene Canfield Cedar by Kerosene Kindred by Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene Sacred Memory by Kerosene