Unknown Pleasures 2013

Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene
Unknown Pleasures is a popular perfume by Kerosene for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

John Pegg (Brand owner, Perfume maker)

Earl Grey teaEarl Grey tea
LemonLemon
BergamotBergamot
HoneyHoney
Tonka beanTonka bean
CaramelCaramel
VanillaVanilla
Waffle coneWaffle cone

Submitted by Charlotte, last update on 01.12.2021.

5.5
SummerMy
Why does it smell like parsley to me?
Am very glad that I had ordered a sample before. From the many reviews it sounded to me like the perfect gourmand fragrance. Unknown Pleasures actually smells like a lemon cake, BUT at the same time I smell a note that I can only describe very weird. It smells like a bunch of parsley that has been in the fridge for a while. I don't know what it could be that makes it smell like that to me.
This fragrance is again an example of the fact that one imagines many things differently than it then actually is

I Will Never Be Without This Fragrance
This is by far the most amazingly delicious lemon fragrance I have ever smelled in my life and it gains a ton of unsolicited compliments! If you want an incredible fresh frag for the summer months then buy this now you can't go wrong with this one
5.5
Cheap vanilla
I had bought the fragrance based on the ratings as bottling, thank God only 5 ml. When applying, 1 sprayer, I perceive the bergamot intensely, unfortunately in the quality and intensity of a room spray, very synthetic, I could understand for the first time when in some descriptions there is talk of toilet stone. Then the scent develops briefly in a direction I don't like at all, something takes my breath away, certainly a component of the perfume, I have already felt this way with a few other perfumes, I don't notice honey or caramel. Further development to musk, although it is not listed here at all, already mixed with this for me unbearable vanilla. But also the musk breath goes away quickly, what remains is the primitive vanilla, which I perceive like baking aroma, which is offered in these small tubes. Not a bit of the cuddlesome harmony I usually experience with vanilla fragrances. I have only recently discovered the sweet and sometimes heavier scents for me and I don't always like to wear them, well, if a woman has the choice. But when I compare the base of Jpg Classics EdP, Ivoire or, as a tip for cuddlers, Romantique by La Parfumeur with this one, they are worlds apart, at least on my skin. Of course, the durability of perfumes you don't like is always enormous, I finally washed it off my wrist. It's a pity that the fragrance is not for me, BUT I am new in love with Cuir Beluga, generously a sample was enclosed with the fragrance mail, many thanks to the Parfuma Huntress, with that you have met my taste so much. So it was worth it for me after all :-)

Now my comment is in the right place, I had posted it stupidly at another fragrance, but that will certainly not happen again, the other one I have to test sooner or later, Tendre Madeleine gets another chance;-)

Meh
Smells like a clumsy pastry chef who spilled a lot of Earl Grey on his apron and probably into the cake too.

A very (nauseatingly) heady, sweet lemon cake opening. The lemon reminding me of a dishwashing liquid. Lots of sweet n salty caramel. Something very thick and butter-like - almost smelling like cocoa butter. Truckloads of coconut. Very oily and very un-perfumelike. Lots of tea, somehow smelling decent amidst this seemingly chaotic brew.

In all honesty it smelled like I was working all day in the kitchen, baking some goodies with all those ingredients and then didn't feel it was necessary to take a bath (or change my clothes) before landing up for tea. All those smells still linger on...in a totally annoying sort of way. All that's left now is a very un-interesting and un-creative drydown of plain ol' vanilla and powdery tonka.

I'm really new to this "niche" world. Tried a few so far and have liked most of them. They always smell good/pleasant. And more importantly I love gourmands, which is why this was the first one I tried from their discovery set of 12. And all I wanted to do was take a shower and wear something else. That's really not a good feeling. Definitely meh, for me.

Anyways. This is new to me. Maybe this is creative and I can't tell it yet. I'm going to try the other 11 from this set and figure how it goes.

Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 2 months ago
Opened w/ lemon tea & sweet waffles but 15 minutes later all I can smell is thai curry w/ coconut milk & lemongrass. And I can't un-smell it
RisingChaosRisingChaos 2 months ago
Fresh baked lemon bars: Bitter lemon rind, caramelized sugar, a hint of vanilla. Less sweet, more lemony Lira. No cocoa as in Love & Crime.

by Danina
by Danina
by Schnuppi42
by Schnuppi42
by SonyCrockett
by SonyCrockett

Popular Kerosene

Broken Theories by Kerosene Blackmail by Kerosene Follow by Kerosene Summer of 84 by Kerosene Wood Haven by Kerosene Fields of Rubus by Kerosene Walk The Sea by Kerosene Black Vines by Kerosene Unforsaken by Kerosene R'oud Elements by Kerosene Santalum Slivers by Kerosene Pretty Machine by Kerosene Copper Skies by Kerosene Canfield Cedar by Kerosene Winter of 99 by Kerosene Whips and Roses by Kerosene Sacred Memory by Kerosene Sweetly Known by Kerosene Dirty Flower Factory by Kerosene Kindred by Kerosene