Amber Oud (2012)

Amber Oud by Kilian
Bottle Design: Carré Basset

Amber Oud is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-woody. It is still in production.

Calice Becker

Amber, Benzoin, Spices, Oud, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.04.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Thatsmr2usir
Amber with an illusion of oud
I have had my sample for a long while & have used it on/off for sometime. So now that I am wearing it to bed, I decided to write a review. Kilian tires to create a nice Amber/Oud concoction since it seems as if the rest of the fragrance world is going into that direction.

I find that Amber Oud is made with good ingredients, & the presentation is nice as well. As far as the liquid is concerned, upon first spray I get this nasty cedar/oud combination with the slightest touch of Amber. I realized long ago that alot of Cedar can ruin a fragrance for me. Here it is no exception.

However, after about 5 minutes, the cedar calms down somewhat, & out comes the synthetic oud with amber. It appears that the oud & cedar are going head to head with the cedar dominating this show with the amber lurking in the background keeping the game somewhat sweet. I find that this composition could have done very well WITHOUT cedar since it is one of my least favorite notes.

The silage is modest & longevity on me is roughly 8 hours. I would not spend the asking price for this fragrance because I feel there are so many fragrances that do this type of thing better. On the flip side of things, it does have this classy vibe about it & I can see how many will find this appealing. If it was given to me, I'd wear it every now & a blue moon with a suit or dress like attire.

simplicity?
I love sweets, but there are times I would trade one of those stylized, mouthwatering desserts made from the kitchen full of component parts for a perfect croissant.

Plug-in whatever other $300+ perfume for the dessert, Amber Oud is the croissant. Forget that it costs the price of a ticket to Paris to get said ideal croissant, Amber Oud is the perfect combination, the ideal calibration of amber and oud (big amber, little oud) that makes me want to sniff myself all day. A croissant is the product of superb quality simple ingredients, understanding of the role of the ingredients and skill. All the bad croissants in the world tell you that simple doesn't mean easy. Ditto for AO. The problem is the price and my lust for more perfume. If I could afford Amber Oud I first have to make the Odyssey across the following dessert courses:

Histoires de Parfum: 1804, Petroleum and Noir Patchouli
Parfumerie Generale: Cuir d’Iris, Felania and Tubereuse Couture
Andy Tauer: Loretta, Carillon pour un Ange and l’Air du Désert Marocain
The entire line of les Nereides

None of these choices is slumming it. It's not as though I'd be taking a loaf of Wonder Bread instead of the croissant.

Set against this competition AO wouldn't stand a chance.

More amber then oud
Today a sample of amber oud came with te mail. A small present from Kilian.
When I spray it on I smell the dry scent from the oud, but only briefly.
The amber and vanilla are very prominent. This is a sweet woody scent, but oud? no.

SystemeD
Vanillic amber, but no oud
I was truly surprised by Amber Oud, because I actually expected oud. But instead, I got a very pretty amber, comprised of vanilla and benzoin with a dash of spice.

This amber is nicely balanced, and it smells like the base of a classic, well-crafted oriental. Perhaps that is the intention of this fragrance: you get the name "oud" on the bottle, so you're trendy without actually having to like oud.

But if you're expecting a deep, beautiful oud, as I was, look elsewhere. Like Montale.

OPomone 4 years ago
No oud in Amber Oud? Who cares?
It is nevertheless the sexiest veil a human skin can wear.+3
5.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Warm, pleasant and cozy wood-amber combination. Oudy note can be smelled at best in the beginning. 'Amber Oud' meaning 'Amber Wood'?+1
10.0

by Lidahriga
by Sirchelios
by Sirchelios

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian