Back to Black Aphrodisiac 2009 Perfume

Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot RaspberryRaspberry ChamomileChamomile CardamomCardamom CorianderCoriander NutmegNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesOakmossOakmoss HoneyHoney PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver FrankincenseFrankincense CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris LabdanumLabdanum Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla Bitter almondBitter almond

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.05.2022.

Back to Black is part of the collection "L'Oeuvre Noire".

Emreeryilmaz
I'm sure this scent is an aphrodisiac.
I'm sure this scent is an aphrodisiac. Many of my girlfriends said it smelled like sex. It smells like a wet female vagina.

The fragrance is dominated by a high amount of cherry tones. In general, I can say honey cherry scent. Although it is sugary, there is no irritating sweetness.

The scent doesn't last long. It stays on the fabric for up to 8 hours and does not disappear completely.
It starts to disappear on the skin within 2 hours.
Projection: It can be felt from 2 meters.
Sillage: It is average. When you leave a room, if it has just been bored, the smell will be felt in the room, albeit slightly.

Longevity: 6/10
Sillage: 5/10
Projection: 6/10
Fragrance Quality: 7/10

Does it smell like any other scent?
-I haven't encountered a similar perfume smell yet.

Carlitos01
Thank God it's Christmas!
When you're a child, and you look out the window when it's snowing, everything seems so magical. The landscape is transfigured and looks like something else, something different. Everything is calm outside. There is a new reality that we can call our new kingdom to conquer. These childhood episodes were moments to gain indispensable wisdom, but also to learn to invent a new magic every day. And then there was the Christmas season. It was quiet outside, but inside the house, there was the smell of smoke from the fireplace, the smell of tobacco from Grandpa's pipe and the rush of the adults. The adults were worried about the season arrangements and relaxed their vigilance. And we, happy neglected children, would go to the castle storehouse in search of gingerbread biscuits, cakes with candied fruit, sweets with honey, and biscuits with nuts and almonds. We would put everything in a rucksack, get a stick... sorry, a sword, and off we would go to explore the mysterious new surroundings. Nor could we forget the indispensable carrot to make the snowman's nose, our best ally to create new friendships and defeat any troll that got in our way. In between snowball battles, we would share supplies with the other wandering heroes, and fellow adventurers.
Several dozen years on, my rogue partners have turned into lawyers, engineers, teachers and other dull things that occupy their time and attention. The snowman melted without return, some animal ate the abandoned carrot, and I no longer get excited in the same way to eat the Christmas treats. However, the images of the past come back to me very clearly with the very vivid aroma of the gingerbread crackers, the cakes with cherries or berries, the spiced biscuits, the liquor or whisky chocolates, or even a warm waffle with honey, preferably sitting by the fireplace, and if no one complains, taking a puff on my pipe with moist tobacco lightly flavoured with vanilla. These Christmas aromas are my time machine device. Thank God it's Christmas!

About Back to Black Aphrodisiac Perfume, Kilian says it smells like "woods in all their forms - from sandalwood to cedarwood, from patchouli to vetiver - but always with a Kilian twist of rum, coffee, cacao, cognac, whisky, as a reminder of his heritage". But more than the aphrodisiacs bakhoor, incense and tobacco, invoked by Kilian, this perfume reminds me of the smells of my childhood Christmases.
I smell this perfume somewhat linearly, but I highlight cherry and raspberry in the opening, lots of honey mixed with gingerbread nuances in the heart, and woods, smoke, incense, resins, and a boozy, caramelised tobacco in the base.
After a few sprays of this Back to Black Aphrodisiac Perfume, the Christmas goodies dance around me, the nuances of honeyed muffins hover in the air and the smoky woods settle comfortably for several hours. If I am lucky and fall asleep near the fireplace, a generous Ebenezer Scrooge, playing with Little Tim, appears to me in my dreams. No one celebrated Christmas with more enthusiasm than he did.

My appraisal for this Kilian's Christmas Carol:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Opening: 9.0 (Cherry, raspberry, candied fruits opening, and an evolution for a heavy dose of honey and gingerbread nuances; just like a season greeting smelly postcard)
- DryDown: 9.0 (smoky woods, humid tobacco with whisky facets and an almond touch)
- Longevity: 9.0 (3 sprays last more than 9 hours)
- Sillage: 8.0 (6~7 feet of sillage and up to 2.0 hours of projection, with 3 sprays.)
- Uniqueness: 9.0 (It's unique although it recalls some scent nuances that you can find in other fragrances like Tonka)
- Wearability: 8.0 (Not suitable for hot weather)
- Versatility: 8.0 (It's a night fragrance; Aphrodisiac? Yeah, maybe!)
- Praise: 8.0 (It's very sweet and a bit dark and smoky; Not really consensual)
- Quality: 9.0 (Above average quality impression)
- Presentation: 9.0 (Simple, attractive, but similar to all other L'Artisan perfumes)
- Price: 5.0 (The 50 ml bottle lists for € 250,0 in the By Kilian site)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 8.27 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- above 9 = definitely not to be missed;

My opinion:
A fragrance type for sweet scents and black fragrances lovers. Due to its high price, you'd better try it before purchasing it. I quite like it mainly for my Christmas scents association.

Music: Queen - "Thank God It's Christmas!"
Moritz2020
Would you like some honey?
To all friends of Gourmands, here comes the honey bomb!
This fragrance smells like a honey jar, mixed with a certain sage component.
If you know the honey scented candles from the Christmas market, you know what to expect here.
I can see this scent in the cooler days of the year, when the usual spice scents get too much for you during the Christmas season.
Surely not for everyone, but quite worth it to test.
Papjack
He came... and he must go again..
I'm not big on sweet scents, but since it was so swarmed, I had to finally dare to try it. Since I'm not a fan of samples, and prefer to open the fragrance itself and initiate the oxidation process myself, I got it. I opened the great packaging, unfortunately I can not give extra points for it, because it's great, extra in the case, but for the price you can also expect soas.

A spray left a spray right and off into the case again. 4-5 hours later he was present, but from bitter almond, cedar or amber was nothing present, rather only cotton candy with water and that on the skin.
Can imagine that so the pastry chefs in Morocco or Ankara smell, after they have made all day Baklava and Co.

And since it is known that not every nose can smell the same, I must say, unfortunately, it is therefore not for me, and may leave me again, even if I make Miese.

To make a long story short, and this is just my subjective opinion:
- Packaging TOP
- Unboxing experience TOP
- Flacon beautiful
- Fragrance naja
- Price / performance outrageous m.M.n.

If asked if I can recommend it - to quote Ophelia from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act II, Scene IV, Verse 48 "No!"
Scent TOP, durability FLOP
Back to Black is the best honey scent there is.
The perfume suffers regrettably from massive performance problems and had to leave my collection because of it again.

This could be a batch issue. My bottle of 2020 has absolutely disappointed me, although my Refill Set of 2017 had a good performance

Eccentric Themed Honey Gingerbread
I confess this is an unusual fragrance. The notes of the scent are so mixed and crowded,like an ''ashura dessert''.

This is a fragrance I classified as extremely sweet-spicy masculine. I don't think it is unisex. Although it contains a dominant honey fragrance, I don't think it is feminine.

The note that determines the character of this perfume from the first moment to the last moment is 'honey'. Secondly, its most characteristic note is tobacco. Later; spices , saffron and 'gingerbread' are the notes that determine the real character of this scent.

I smelled some cherry and a little chamomile notes at the opening, but the notes of honey, tobacco and especially spice became prominent. Half an hour or 1 hour later, especially honey note and tobacco note dominated the smell. When the tobacco note became clear, it gave me a headache. My favorite feature of this fragrance is that you can also smell gingerbread in the top notes and heart notes. It's nice for me. Vanilla becomes clear in the base notes. Base notes have a fragrance accompanying vanilla: I think this is amber or labdanum.

Absolutely dark ,spicy, soft,gourmand, sweet, warm and unusual...

This fragrance seriously smells like an overly honey - gingerbread but a little spicy. It could be better if this scent was food instead of perfume(but it should not contain tobacco).

I could love it if it didn't contain tobacco.
Definitely a fragrance for winter or even cold days.
It can also be suitable for autumn evenings.

Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 2+ days .

The Honey Shop
Now it's time for my first fragrance commentary.
But while I'm already typing here, holding the fragrance in my hand and sniffing it again and again, I ask myself why I dedicate this moment to him of all people.

Maybe because it reflects 100% of a thought process in my head which I hopefully can describe very well.
Well, here we go...

It is winter - mid December to be precise. The time of year when you meet up with friends at the Christmas market on weekends and stroll around.
Many fragrances find their way into your senses, from leathery and sweet to spicy and hearty. Also alcoholic notes of rum and mulled wine join in from time to time and all fragrances always embed themselves in a feeling of warmth, pleasure and conviviality.

So imagine you are walking across this one Christmas market and you have noticed all these smells. But one is missing. One is missing, but one notices it at least once at one place on the Christmas market.
And this is the small beekeeper's shop with all its beeswax candles and honey creations.

Kilian's Back to Black gives me a pretty accurate journey there. Whether the shop is physically present or not.
When you spray it on, you are immediately surrounded by a cloud of super delicious honey, subtle spicy notes from the spice stand next door scurry through the half-open door and give the whole thing in combination a nice warmth, which you don't want to give away on this cold day.
And yes vanilla is also present for me. I can well imagine that you can also mix a little vanilla into one or the other beeswax candle to round off the room fragrance.

In our meanwhile well-known honey shop one usually does not stay too long. And here we come also for me to the only difference. Back to Black stays and stays. And that very politely, until you ask him to leave :)

I now leave the shop after I have let myself be captured by all the fragrances and close the bottle.

As nice as the journey sounds, the scent is also wearing. But as often as one gets lost in a honey shop, as often I wear Back to Black. It should remain something special. Otherwise the trip will be no longer a fragrant experience, but an annoying affair, which one prefers to have with one: "Let's get another mulled wine! - gets rid of him ;-) ;-)

Could be better
The abundant honey and hint of chamomile are more reminiscent of tea at grandma's than late night booze, but some sour notes ruin it for me. Unfortunately i cant recommend buying this kilian... Doesn't work for me.
Mhhh honey cookies
Not sticky, but warm and sweet, like an evening on the sofa with a blanket and honey cookies.
They taste so good, slightly spicy and above all sweet and you never get enough.

Just about to test all Kilian But with this one I had hesitated because of the honey note. Then I immediately remembered a bad smell, which was also rated well by others (Amouage Journey Woman).
Anyway, I have tested this Kilian now after all and I'm glad about it.
I knew it the first time I sprayed it on!
It has depth and is not only sweet (has many other notes as well).
In any case, it does not smell kitschy sweet, but noble sweet. Like a cookie not like a biscuit One with honey foam and delicately spiced.
Almond, vanilla are also included, but in good doses.
Tastes great in any case.
One should not stuff oneself with it, but let the work of art melt on the tongue.

But I am also a gourmet, because although I like to snack, I am fussy.
Here I am served a harmonious honey cookie. That's deliciously sweet, but not only.
Honey let it Be(e)
A swarm of honeybees swarms out, and spreads its scent in its full range.

Definitely a fragrance for sunny winter months. The categorization as unisex is often referred to as "critical" in the forums. For me personally, unisex applies very well. The sweetness brings out the feminine and the tobacco note the masculine. A very beautiful and long lasting fragrance.

EstbienlaEstbienla 27 days ago
Honey / fruity, little given the impression of liquor smell. Very good balance and well done.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
A slightly earthy, yet warm and smooth powdery/sweet oriental Gourmand, balanced by a juicy spicy-fruity opening. Clean honey-almond combo!
TRehfTRehf 2 years ago
More sweet honey than dark tobacco. A bit powdery, fruity. Delicious, elegant, sexy. Unisex but younger. Longevity 8h. Evenings only.
CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
My passion for sweet dark perfumes makes me like this fragrance without questioning it a lot. Its ambery frame is fabulous!
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
4.5
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Delicious cheerful honey note, interspersed with subtle tangy accent that leaves melancholy aftertaste. Pretty fine.

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul
by IrisNobile
by IrisNobile
by Mustang69
by Mustang69
by Dorin77
You go back to her and I go back to…
by Parfummaster
by DanyPereyra
by Tiho
by Tiho

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian