Bamboo Harmony 2012

Bamboo Harmony by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Bamboo Harmony is a perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Bitter orangeBitter orange NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCitrus notesCitrus notes MimosaMimosa White teaWhite tea
Base Notes Base NotesOakmossOakmoss Fig leafFig leaf MatéMaté

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.09.2022.

This fragrance was part of the "Asian Tales" collection.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Smellavision
A fresh unisex summer scent opening with bigarade, neroli and bergamot...
This could be a part of the Hermés un Jardin line. If you're into summer freshies like e.g. Mugler Cologne but would like to soften up the soapiness with some white tea and fig plus added spices, this is made for you. Not sure if I can pick up the bamboo though ? A little linear, but at the same time it seems sophisticated and unpretentious to me, reminiscent of a high class spa product.

Green, clean and quite long lasting for this kind of scent.

Smells great, but...
I am a huge By Kilian fan. However, I had never tried this older scent, so I was eager to receive a tiny sample in the mail. I’m not overly impressed by it, as it is a little too common for me.

It has strong citrus notes, which are fine, but again common. Oakmoss isn’t my friend here. I don’t know what maté smells like.

There’s not much longevity or sillage with this particular perfume. It was a little disappointing all-in-all. I would not buy this, as for me it’s not worth the price tag, and I hesitate to say that about anything By Kilian, as I love his perfumes.

I’m going to give it another chance when the weather warms up to see if perhaps my body temperature has anything to do with the reaction. I will update this post at that point.

A basic green tea scent
I love tea scents, I really do, but as much as I hate to say this, Bvlgari and Elizabeth Arden have already done this scent to death. I was hoping for something more bamboo-like, but supposedly this fragrance is meant to emulate the scent of white tea being drunk from a bamboo cup or leaf... or something along those lines.

I expected to smell a luscious, green jungle, but instead Bamboo Harmony greeted me with crisp tea notes and aromatic spices. It's not bad in terms of composition, although I do admittedly find it a little bland and boring at times.

It wears splendidly on the skin. The unisex qualities are quite apparent, with refreshingly green and spicy notes combining to create a smooth, non-gender specific scent. I actually quite like it for its versatility and easy-going approach.

So far I am beginning to realise that this Asian Tales series is intended for Summer. On my side of the world, I am in the midst of a freezing, cold Winter, so it's probably not the best time to test these scents. Either way, I will be looking forward to giving Bamboo Harmony a whirl in forty degree celsius weather.

The drydown smelt quite earthy on my skin, which was certainly pleasing. The longevity for me wasn't as disappointing as it was for others. I got at least a good five or so hours from Bamboo Harmony, and what I'd call moderate sillage.

It may not be the most innovative Summer scent, but I will agree that it does smell nice and has the ability to grow on you over time. I found the simplicity the only bothering factor.

no bamboo
For me this opens with a burst of white tea and bergamot.Then you can smell the spices, cant smell the mimosa though. Its a nice tea scent but not for my taste. I find it a bit blend

3 short views on the fragrance
DopeweaselDopeweasel 9 months ago
certainly does not live up to the norm of killian. But this is a neroli done well. Quite cliche and well lost within a sea of designer frags
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Soft and mossy citrus and tea combo with serious performance issues.
HermeshHermesh 7 years ago
Light green floral fragrance. Corners and edges are missing (kind of harmony?). Depth unfortunately as well.

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian