Black Phantom (2017)

Black Phantom by Kilian

Black Phantom is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Coffee, Caribbean rum, Java vetiver, Sugar cane, Sandalwood

Submitted by Danina, last update on 10.12.2019.

10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

AnjaTom
A coffee with Kilian... or the Black Phantom!
Throw Nespresso at half past six tomorrow and make your first morning coffee, a ritual, a MUST!
Sprinkle on the sweet-gourmandy coffee shortly before leaving the house!
*Autumn/Winter, below 5 degrees, perfectly dressed. Let's go.

No matter what the morning routine for each individual looks like, Black Phantom can refine any morning routine.
A feel-good fragrance, in which fortunately no fragrances are used at all that let the fragrance appear "old" or "oldshool". Lavender is in many combinations for me such a case.
Black Phantom starts with coffee, initially a bit harsh, but with increasing DD go in the coffee-toffee direction. Wonderful! For me along with Intoxicated one of the finest coffee scents on the market.
Intoxicated rather goes in a fresh-coffee direction, while BP here clearly remains sweetish caramel.
Although they are both coffee scents, they can exist in a collection at the same time because of their big differences.
Black Phantom is clearly seasonally settled in winter/autumn, whereas Intoxicated is even suitable for almost summer/ late summer (there is also worse weather).

There are certainly fragrances that have more "progression" than BP, but it is by far anything but linear. It has a nice development over the first 3-4 hours.
No matter how dressed I find the BP to match almost any outfit and age! But he's totally unique!
And I'll be honest, I just like that!
The durability reaches on my skin far beyond the 10 hours mark, Sillage is violent in the first hour, but then flattens into a Very pleasant unobtrusive aura!

For me BP is one of the youngest and with one of the best Kilians there is!
Surely worth a test, a special gourmand for special occasions or für´s Everyday!
As you wish!

8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

With Peter on cloud 7
I've rarely found a perfume name as inappropriate as this one. Black Phantom reflects a lot of things for me and stimulates some fantasies, how such a fragrance could smell if you only know the name. Kilian already has a name in his repertoire for this fragrance in my eyes: Straight To Heaven. Because exactly there I was promoted directly after the first 3 sprays. What did I feel wrapped in a cloud of fatt, soft cappuccino. Freshly made, a little cocoa powder on top of the foam. A small splash of the finest rum, covered with a dash of vanilla/caramel syrup. I perceive every smallest nuance and every smallest nuance must be exactly the same as it appears in this fragrance. The rum note is so subtle and soft, if I drank it I would estimate it to be at least 25 years old. I feel a sense of well-being like I've never felt perfumed before. So there it is, my personal scent for special evenings during the cooler season.
Black Phantom was a blind buy. However, the price was so outrageously "cheap" that I could not say no. And fortunately, I did.

The Sillage is quite good, perceptible by others but not intrusive. And you yourself get something out of it after a good 8 hours.
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Serenissima
Invitation to sweet aromatic seduction
I confess: I am a sweetheart!
My sugar consumption is quite high; in today's world I would have to hide it shamefully.
But surprisingly, blessed with normal blood sugar and blood pressure levels and then frozen, sugar is just one of them It is always a question of balance when I drink espresso: does the ratio remain at least 50 : 50?
This is always very entertaining for my companion; every now and then I am astonished when I handle the sugar.

Actually not a friend of the gourmand scents, but I test them again and again full of devotion: calorie bombs without bacon cushions as a result - hurray! I'll just have to try that!

So of course I couldn't pass Kilian's "Black Phantom": the nose is immediately seduced!
Strong black coffee, very sweet and with a good portion of dark rum - the senses are awakened!
Amazing with this first aroma boost is that nothing sticks, although it feels like this: a little creamy "Black Phantom" already comes along.
But to make sure that this stay in a very cosy coffee house does not become too monotonous, two fine fragrances have been added to this sensual pleasure: Vetiver and sandalwood are excellent and racy companions.
So this black being of strong sweet yet quite soon develops into an all around exotic coffee event, which is amazingly affectionate, but not annoying.

"Black Phantom" - the name actually suggests a powerful monster: that's a mistake!
A soft full coffee scent caresses the one who gets into it, very friendly and intensive.

Winter cuddly and soft could now start the season for this creation; soft to the touch like violin sound.
Maybe garnished with a little music by Vivaldi?
How about the "winter" from the "Four Seasons"?
Friends of sweet coffees will not be disappointed.
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

I think i am hungry...
One of my favourite gourmand perfumes. When i tried It i felt the necessity of buying It with no doubt. This perfume is totally appetizing. The mix of cocoa, coffee and rhum is wobderful. One of the best scents to nightout. A bit too strong for the daily use. Even though It is a very intense perfume, It is at same time discreet and not invasive. A piece of art from kilian.

Scent: 10
Longevity: 9
Sillage: 6
Versatility: 6
Quality/price: 5 (260€/50ml but great quality)
My own visión: 10
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

DarkWinterCS
A scent from the dark depths of the coffee cup
Not a black phantom with a black soul trying to drag you into the depths of scent hell. No troublesome companion who leaves you alone in the important moments, NO, a friend who invites you to a cup of caramel coffee at the barista's and gives you the feeling of having a particularly good taste. A gourmand palate that takes you on a journey and caresses you for hours. A journey that takes you around the world, feels like it, and from the best countries, pouches a gift and surprises you in the end. Caribbean rum, Brazilian or Ethiopian coffee, Cuban sugar cane, caramel from the best patisseries and freshly brewed milk from the barista machine. It could look something like that. Have fun on this trip !

Now to the hard, or in this case soft, facts. Black Phantom is horny - not to say super horny. Something that you don't get under your nose every day and that you also have to deal with. First of all, I ordered the fragrance directly after the test with a bottling. But why spend 260 Euro for the box with a nice skull box or 130 Euro for the Travelpack ! Well, that's partly due to his great development. My start started with a rum note, sugar and a hint of coffee. After a few minutes the coffee gets stronger and stronger and combines with a kind of milk note. So we have already put something together in the direction of Irish Coffee. This smell then lasts for some time until the whole thing turns into a viscous caramel mass. I've read some people say the drydown looks a little rubbery. I couldn't find that out, because the last notes in my music are the mentioned caramel streams.

Anyone travelling towards Gourmand should test this fragrance despite its price. Simply testing is enough, because a soft and sweet composition with a coffee-rum note does not occur too often. A pleasure before the black Phantom gentleman
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Coffee meets toffee
Oh what I love this ritual in the morning...

Nice large cup from the cupboard, a dash of caramel syrup, a dash of praline nut and then the cup under the fully-automatic.

The machine starts to grind, steam rises slowly. The foam is transported into the cup and the crowning glory is the fresh espresso in the latte. This smell, the first drops on the tongue...

Black Phantom is like the first caramel latte in the morning! Starts off strong with coffee, but not pushy. The rum is added after a few minutes. Even if it doesn't belong in a caramel latte, the rum doesn't bother here.
But the real firework is this mix of sandalwood, light vanilla and caramel that lasts for hours. A dream in Gourmand.

Zirkon 69 days ago
I'm not a fan of gourmand perfumes but this is really wonderful! Great performance...everything is high!+1
Emorandeira 151 days ago
Rhum, cocoa, coffee and creamy notes... A grandma's cake in every spray!+1
9.0
Itchynose 167 days ago
Never thought I could dislike a scent featuring rum and sugar cane. I was wrong. This is just bitter coffee and sandalwood. Disappointing.+2
9.0
5.0
Yos 17 months ago
Good performance but bad smell. I wanted to like it but it's honestly not good to me.+2
4.5
Lexa 21 months ago
To me this is a total disappointment. I can smell a sweet coffee,very bit rumy scent,weak in projection and no way this worths the price.NO!+4
6.0

by DarkWinterCS
by Fedaie
by Fedaie

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Forbidden Games by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian