Black Phantom Memento Mori 2017

Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Black Phantom Memento Mori is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

CoffeeCoffee
Caribbean rumCaribbean rum
Java vetiverJava vetiver
Sugar caneSugar cane
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Danina, last update on 25.10.2021.

Scent Opera Act 4 / The appearance of the drunken phantom
Whew I've never had such difficulty writing a review before. I have rarely been so emotionally torn as with Memento Mori by Kilian.
Is he now genius or an imposition? Can you wear something like that at all? Smells the really so or is the sample tilted? I can not say it exactly to this day.
I'll probably order other samples to really make sure that the samples are all i.o..
When spraying on slays me an ultra dry rum note. Although I have rum in liquid form quite like, but somehow the fragrance is too much of a good thing. I have to be careful that the perfume does not ruin my reputation. I don't want to be labeled as a boozer from the service.

All kidding aside. I try Him again properly in the winter, when it is so really crisp cold outside.
After about 1 hour I like him then already slowly better. But still not so that I could wear him. Maybe my nose is not used to this. Let's wait for the winter time.

........Oh would I like you black phantom
Pollita
The black phantom murders again
And once again, Chief Inspector Nathaniel Buchholz, whom his colleagues all just called Chizza, had to pick up his partner on the run. "The third slain this week," the inspector whines as the sweaty Pollina Salomon joins him in the vintage car. The familiar sideways glance. She knows him. He's thinking, "Eww, not with the sweat stains on my leather seats." She grins. "You've overdone it again today with the scent. Parfums de Marly or Chanel?" she asks.

Buchholz is in no mood to joke, because another dead man with a skull crushed by a baseball bat is waiting for the two of them. There were no clues to the culprit at the last crime scenes. They had combed through everything and left empty-handed. But this time they were hopeful. "Either the perpetrator or the victim smoked shisha or e-cigarettes," Pollina is convinced. "Here smells like artificial tobacco, very intense, but also somehow tipsy. He was probably partying hard beforehand and didn't think it would end." While she is already thinking about single-handedly checking out the shisha bars in Hamburg and also paying a visit to the e-cigarette shops, colleague Chizza Buchholz intervenes. "That's a perfume. An expensive one. I know that one. From Kilian. I know it smells as sticky-sweet as artificial-coffee-flavored e-cigarette liquid, but some friends of mine like the brand, which Rihanna is also rumored to wear." "The style expert again," Pollina retorts.

So the next day, it's off to the local perfumeries. At Lubner, one is advised extremely expertly, not only to the brand Kilian and the regular customers. Both commissioners are amply supplied with fillings and Buchholz can't help but treat myself to a new, particularly expensive fragrance from Tom Ford. But that's as far as they really get.

Back at the police station, the sweet, shisha-like scent in the parking lot is suddenly present again. The perpetrator from their own ranks? Wouldn't be the first time for the investigating duo. But the source of the smell is quickly identified. A young man turns several pirouettes and then gets into his Ferrari and wants to drive away. "Stop," yells the detective. Somewhat taken aback, the guy stops, Pollina then immediately handcuffs him and drags him off for questioning. After only a few minutes, they have their confession. Jeremy, that's his name, admits that the guys had been laughing at him because of his internet videos and that he then beat them to death in an argument. "They were accidents," he whines. "I wanted to report them because they were so mean!" But that doesn't help him. Of course, he goes to jail.

"If he'd kept his sweet coffee-flavored e-cigarette liquid scent off for a change, we probably wouldn't have found him," Chizza says. "Could you do without your smoking scents," Pollina asks? "Probably not," he admits. In any case, they agree that this guy is a real piece of work and that the scent is no revelation either. Even if it is expensive.

Dear thanks to HappySunny for the sample of Kilian's Black Phantom, which I was already familiar with, but which inspired me to write another mystery review on the second test. This time I took the investigator duo of Arno Strobel and Ursula Poznanski as a template and would like to take this opportunity to again thank Chizza very much for his great book tips.
Lobosaka
The Phantom of the Opera...
Mysterious, dark and mysterious I have come to know this fragrance. I actually do not know the Phantom of the Opera, yet it reminds me of it. An elegant gentleman in a suit. Black. Dark. Seductive. A secret surrounds him that one tries to elicit, but perhaps it is better not to know. He ensnares, but without sensuality, but with his deep dark aura he awakens new sides in you. With Black Phantom you are someone else. A someone who speaks less, but says more. What lurks in the deep core of his character, which he usually hides, he radiates outwards, that people turn to him interested in his person or turn away repulsively. Only those who are attracted to darkness will linger the night, all those who enjoy the light of the last rays of the sun should avoid this gentleman. For the light belongs to the sensual romantics, but the darkness belongs to the black phantom.

A deliciously dark gourmand with a dominant rum note, accompanied by coffee beans, sugar cane and sandalwood, which all together creates a dark-sweet interplay. The best gourmand fragrance I have ever smelled and therefore not without reason my favorite (Eau de) perfume.
GirlofNow
The noblest gourmand fragrance ever!
I think the Kilian fragrances have really done it to me!:D
Above all I am still IN LOVE with Love don't be shy but also with Princess*.*
Black Phantom I got to know through my grandfather but also learned to LOVE....
Well it's no secret that I'm crazy about good gourmand fragrances, but so far only the gourmand fragrances from the ladies world;D
Many also know that I actually men's fragrances as well as unisex fragrances would never wear myself and no not because I do not dare because of this but because I have not yet found a men's fragrance what I personally would also wear as a woman.... However, until I smelled Black Phantom*.*
If I were a man I think Black Phantom would be my personal signature fragrance because this scent is pure madness! Divinely sensual seductive and to kneel down GOOD!*.*
Since my grandfather has noticed how much this fragrance has blown me away, he has bottled me this fragrance and I keep it since then like a treasure;D
Every time I smell the spray head, I can not believe how wonderful it smells, I always like to compare this fragrance with an expensive and good chocolates:D
From good chocolates, as is well known, you can not get enough or?
Because BP makes me so happy but also does not let go, I want to share my enthusiasm with you:))
I will, as always, also describe this fragrance here as good and accurate as possible;))
The fragrance.....
starts immediately with an addictive coffee note paired with the finest cocoa note.....
How lovely*.*
The coffee note is delightfully dark and somber at the same time it does have a cold note but that is what makes this scent so special as it is not a cappuccino coffee note like Black Opium or Montale Intense coffee.
The coffee note remains strongly present for the whole course of the fragrance over and merges with each note to a dreamlike fragrance course which also smells in my opinion exceptional.
The rum note gives the whole again a luxurious and noble touch;))
In the background I can always spicy notes smell out I do not know now so exactly whether it is a hidden cinnamon note or whether there is more.... What I can say is that, the spicy notes smell very sweetly but not this sweet / Christmas.
In the dry down I have fallen in love only right, because on my skin develops a dark sweet wicked caramel note that smells just damn delicious*.*.......
My grandfather finds that one also smells a fine tobacco note the longer the fragrance develops on the skin.
However, I also perceive this note very cold. (But in a well-intentioned way.)
The H+S is perfect on the clothes but on the skin unfortunately rather weak.
I am anyway no fan of fragrances on the skin to spray rather on the clothes because you also what longer of the fragrance itself has;))
For me, this is one of the noblest gourmand fragrances ever!

It disturbs nothing, it does not sting and above all it is not a scent what headache or nausea produces with the environment!
On the contrary, my grandfather receives every time he applies it a lot of compliments!;)) Especially with the ladies it comes very well;D
My grandfather thinks that Black Phantom is his signature fragrance what he has been looking for a long time and finally discovered.
And since I am of course very happy from the bottom of my heart for my grandfather:)))
Laralina
A vampire sits at the bar
Something like this fragrance I've never smelled.
For me, he smells clearly more masculine than unisex, but he has immediately become one of my favorite men's fragrances. On myself, you can clearly smell the rum. In my head forms the image of a vampire in a suit, sitting at the bar.
For spring or summer is in my opinion also too heavy, so rather autumn and winter. Or to go out.
Irresistible coffee
The first gourmet fragrance that has seduced me. Since I'm usually not really into gourmet scents, it's even more difficult for me to like a gourmet scent. When I smelled it for the first time in a mall, I was directly captivated by the fragrance. My first thought:
How can such an incredible yummy sweet scent that is yes iwie intrusive not seem so intrusive!
I took the test strip with me and even after 3-4std could not stop my nose from smelling it. He was even better and better.
About the fragrance: it smells to me, like the perfect coffee, slightly caramelized and a shot of rum....mhh delicious.
The vetiver in the background rounds the whole thing off nicely, so that it does not develop into a simple sweet fragrance,but also has that certain something.
The durability is really good, loose 8-9std perceptible. With the Silage I am also satisfied! The price is quite ok, for such a fragrance, I like to pay the price.
Conclusion: it is a special fragrance that you will not smell so often and it will certainly give you compliments. Definitely unisex! No everyday fragrance, rather wear on occasions or in the evening
Phantompoperzen
There is an art to making seemingly very sweet gourmands that are still serious, mature and unnerving. Kilian has done just that with this coffee prince once again impressively!

"Black Phantom Memento Mori" catches the exact middle between "L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme" and "Straight To Heaven". A dark coffee without sugar, with rum, without synthetics, with black soul. The top note in particular is already something quite fine. Maybe one of the best I've ever had under my nose. After that it gets a bit weaker - but from 120% to 95% - which gives little to no deduction. "Black Phantom MM" is insanely delicious and a gourmand right up my alley. Must actually add to the collection. It's already/still too big, the scent is too expensive. But basically, there's no beating around the bush. This black phantom is a caffeinated monster with soft silky charm. A little Baileys and milky, a little toffee and praline. Bitter and ballsy. Sugar. But without sugar.

Flacon: nouveau riche and horny
Sillage: dense, thick, decadent
Durability: double-digit and wide-legged - 11 hours

Verdict: for me, a pretty clear 10 for a long time. "Black Phantom Memento Mori" is an eye opener and soul healer. A perfect coffee scent with edge, buzz and Wumms. A miracle!

Kill...ian phenomenon!
I have this fragrance since a month now and i can say this is a killer scent. It has a really gourmand profile. I can't say a lot about the olfactive pyramid but for sure in the opening i get a heavy dose of rum and immediately you can dive in the creamy coffee, vanilla, almond heavenly mixed. The projection is average almost above average whereas longevity is plus 12 hours on my skin, on clothes this lasts weeks.
For a gourmand lover like me this is a masterpiece which kills softly and sweetly other noses around you. I think the name it's also perfect for the purpose of the scent profile.
The bottle is pure luxury!
The Phantom of the Opera , invites to the masked ball
If the Phantom of the Opera smelled like that, I really don't understand why Christine chose Raoul ;)

No , joking aside...

I must honestly say, when I tested this fragrance for the first time, I was not sure what to make of it.

On the one hand, there was this sweet and very pleasant coffee note, on the other hand, there was something tart, which has disturbed me etwss.
A couple of hours later, I smelled this fragrance still on the wrist, and I must say, I found him really nice.

The fragrance is very multi-faceted , it is a mix of a nice toffee/coffee sweetness , but also has something rough tart , it is provocative , but in a charming way .
It is the perfect example of the attraction that something can have on someone even though you are afraid of it.

The H/S are with my bottle ,good to very good .

Despite its provocative nature , I get many compliments for this fragrance .

Aufjeden case ne recommendation worth :)

Malekae
Wow I want to eat myself
Gorgeous fragrance, it was love at first sniff. Dark chocolate, bitter almonds, caramel, booze and coffee.
The fragrance is very sweet, with dark chocolate, almonds, and rum being the most dominate scents. Coffee and caramel flirt with your senses in the background. Excellent projection and longevity when sprayed on clothing, could potentially be cloying to others if applied heavily. I'm a huge fan of this unisex fragrance.

NicSealNicSeal 4 months ago
An indulgent & thick fragrance that left me stunned. Simply phenomenal. Edible smelling, sexy,& utterly unique. Leaves a lasting impression.
JoloJolo 7 months ago
Call it Toffee Extreme Intensely. Rum and coffee gone within seconds, which makes it unsophisticated. Underwhelming beast.
PapiChuloPapiChulo 7 months ago
Nicely done fragrence. Its soft but powerful. Definitely an evening fragrence. Not for outside play at all. The hint of coffee is nice.
ScentwitchScentwitch 8 months ago
Lush, boozy vanilla coffee. Scrumptious! Deserves some attention!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 9 months ago
One of the best boozy Gourmand.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Boozy (rum), dark (coffee and cacao), a bit sweet (sugar cane), spicy scent. It gets creamy in the drydown with sandalwood. Average scent.
MariaSMariaS 11 months ago
Walking into a room full of pirates who smoke cigars drink rum and vanilla sticks are burnt. Opening is an experience, dry down mesmerising.
GreMuserGreMuser 11 months ago
Pure sugar, really sweet, similar vibes of Replica's By The Fireplace, that I really don't like.
TeleraTelera 1 year ago
Es recomendable pulverizar solo un par de veces. Buen olor y sillage pero bastante lineal.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A slightly spicy, yet boozy-sweet Winter Gourmand, balanced by a warm creamy-woody base. Nice coffee, chocolate and rum combo! Male-oriented

by GilAroma
by Emorandeira
by Tiho
by Tiho

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian Love the way you Taste by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian