Black Phantom Memento Mori 2017

Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Black Phantom Memento Mori is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

CoffeeCoffee Caribbean rumCaribbean rum Java vetiverJava vetiver Sugar caneSugar cane SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Danina, last update on 18.05.2022.

Novocaine
Black Phantom serves you the flambéed dessert with a little alcohol. Gurmand with a twist.
Kilian tried a different approach to gourmand scents with Black Phantom. He wanted to keep the classic attributes of these perfumes, very sweet, aromatic, creamy, opening the appetite of consumers with a glass of strong and several years old rum. Did it work? Well we'll see.. .

Kilian's ghost does not come from the darkness of hell but rather from the warehouse of a pirate ship full of bottles of rum, caramels and other sticky sweets. A navigator died earlier than expected before drinking one last glass of alcohol, which is why he wanted to rise in the form of a ghost and the first thing he looked for was a bottle of rum.

The opening of the perfume is boozy and indeed Kilian managed to put on the table a bottle of gourmand fragrance but which differs from the others in this category precisely by the note of rum. It feels great and gives it a warm and a vintage feel at the same time... As if you have an old rum barrel next to you. The unique factor of this perfume ends here.

The second part, the gourmand one given by the notes of caramel, coffee, sandalwood and almond, is somewhat common these days, being found in several perfumes. For example, Xerjoff Italica smells similar without the rum note, but Black Phantom can be credited, being the first of the on the market. This combination makes you think of childhood milk candies sticking to your tongue. Very delicious, a paradise for amateurs of the genre.
The performances are very good. On the skin, the perfume can last more than 10-12 hours depending on the PH but also on the time when it is worn. The sillage is not monstrous but it feels like hours and hours and it is pleasant. The most important thing is to know when to wear it. For me, autumn and winter are suitable when the temperatures drop down and the sweetness of this perfume puts you in a good mood, warms you up.

It is unisex but from my point of view it is more inclined towards the feminine side, although the openness can really be appreciated more by men.
It is a casual perfume, for night outs in the city, family reunions but also for special, romantic occasions when you seem to want something lighter but with depth and very noticeable.

All in all, Black Phantom is a gourmand perfume, very sweet during his life, but its debut on the skin is a special one, which puts a smile on your face, it makes you feel good. If you know when to wear it, then those around you will notice when you pass that you leave behind a ghostly trail.

Nathan
Gourmand lover’s dream come true
A lot of times when I have come across a gourmand, I find myself thinking it’s too sweet, or too cloying or generally just too much. But when I first tried Black Phantom, I knew I had to get a full bottle, no matter the cost. This is how a gourmand should be in my opinion. Filled with dark chocolate, rum, caramel, coffee and sugar cane… This stuff is mouthwatering. Black Phantom takes a dark and mysterious, yet incredibly addictive take on a gourmand fragrance.

People get curious whenever I wear this, as if they haven’t smelled something like this before. That’s what I really enjoy about Black Phantom. Even though it’s a fantastic gourmand, it still manages to stand out from the rest. It’s still the best gourmand I have ever laid my nose on hands down. I could not ask for more. It’s really yummy, unique, addictive and very luxurious. It also gives off a vibe of some sort of chocolaty/caramel deliciousness, served at a restaurant that’s really expensive.

I found very few people who dislike this fragrance. If you like gourmands in general, this is almost a blind buy, and I’m the type of guy that HATES blind buys! Says a lot really. If you like your gourmand not too sweet, but still addictive and refined, this is a must try. I only go for 2 sprays, 3 max on this one… Longevity is amazing (8-10 hours) and it projects really well. Sillage is mesmerizing and you will evoke a great curiosity around you, from the lucky ones, who get the pleasure to catch sudden whiffs of you. I’m gonna end all this by letting you in on a secret… And tell you how much I love this perfume. It may sound really corny… But the very first time I got a full bottle of this, I had a sudden urge to rip off the atomizer, and drink all the damn liquid. Yes, it’s that delicious! What an absolute wonderful release from Kilian, they really set new standards for gourmands with this one.

Addictive gourmand
Posiblemente el perfume más adictivo que he conocido.
Un perfume riquísimo. Dulce sin ser empalagoso. Misterioso y oscuro, quizá más por el conjunto de nombre- botella que por el perfume en sí.
Sin duda un perfume para días fríos.
Una bestia de proyección y duración. No se mide en horas, días!!!
Mucho cuidado con la cantidad que se aplica. En este caso se cumple absolutamente que menos es más.
En ropa dura para siempre.
Me parece precioso , adictivo y elegante.
Scent Opera Act 4 / The appearance of the drunken phantom
Whew I've never had such difficulty writing a review before. I have rarely been so emotionally torn as with Memento Mori by Kilian.
Is he now genius or an imposition? Can you wear something like that at all? Smells the really so or is the sample tilted? I can not say it exactly to this day.
I'll probably order other samples to really make sure that the samples are all i.o..
When spraying on slays me an ultra dry rum note. Although I have rum in liquid form quite like, but somehow the fragrance is too much of a good thing. I have to be careful that the perfume does not ruin my reputation. I don't want to be labeled as a boozer from the service.

All kidding aside. I try Him again properly in the winter, when it is so really crisp cold outside.
After about 1 hour I like him then already slowly better. But still not so that I could wear him. Maybe my nose is not used to this. Let's wait for the winter time.

........Oh would I like you black phantom
Pollita
The black phantom murders again
And once again, Chief Inspector Nathaniel Buchholz, whom his colleagues all just called Chizza, had to pick up his partner on the run. "The third slain this week," the inspector whines as the sweaty Pollina Salomon joins him in the vintage car. The familiar sideways glance. She knows him. He's thinking, "Eww, not with the sweat stains on my leather seats." She grins. "You've overdone it again today with the scent. Parfums de Marly or Chanel?" she asks.

Buchholz is in no mood to joke, because another dead man with a skull crushed by a baseball bat is waiting for the two of them. There were no clues to the culprit at the last crime scenes. They had combed through everything and left empty-handed. But this time they were hopeful. "Either the perpetrator or the victim smoked shisha or e-cigarettes," Pollina is convinced. "Here smells like artificial tobacco, very intense, but also somehow tipsy. He was probably partying hard beforehand and didn't think it would end." While she is already thinking about single-handedly checking out the shisha bars in Hamburg and also paying a visit to the e-cigarette shops, colleague Chizza Buchholz intervenes. "That's a perfume. An expensive one. I know that one. From Kilian. I know it smells as sticky-sweet as artificial-coffee-flavored e-cigarette liquid, but some friends of mine like the brand, which Rihanna is also rumored to wear." "The style expert again," Pollina retorts.

So the next day, it's off to the local perfumeries. At Lubner, one is advised extremely expertly, not only to the brand Kilian and the regular customers. Both commissioners are amply supplied with fillings and Buchholz can't help but treat myself to a new, particularly expensive fragrance from Tom Ford. But that's as far as they really get.

Back at the police station, the sweet, shisha-like scent in the parking lot is suddenly present again. The perpetrator from their own ranks? Wouldn't be the first time for the investigating duo. But the source of the smell is quickly identified. A young man turns several pirouettes and then gets into his Ferrari and wants to drive away. "Stop," yells the detective. Somewhat taken aback, the guy stops, Pollina then immediately handcuffs him and drags him off for questioning. After only a few minutes, they have their confession. Jeremy, that's his name, admits that the guys had been laughing at him because of his internet videos and that he then beat them to death in an argument. "They were accidents," he whines. "I wanted to report them because they were so mean!" But that doesn't help him. Of course, he goes to jail.

"If he'd kept his sweet coffee-flavored e-cigarette liquid scent off for a change, we probably wouldn't have found him," Chizza says. "Could you do without your smoking scents," Pollina asks? "Probably not," he admits. In any case, they agree that this guy is a real piece of work and that the scent is no revelation either. Even if it is expensive.

Dear thanks to HappySunny for the sample of Kilian's Black Phantom, which I was already familiar with, but which inspired me to write another mystery review on the second test. This time I took the investigator duo of Arno Strobel and Ursula Poznanski as a template and would like to take this opportunity to again thank Chizza very much for his great book tips.
Lobosaka
The Phantom of the Opera...
Mysterious, dark and mysterious I have come to know this fragrance. I actually do not know the Phantom of the Opera, yet it reminds me of it. An elegant gentleman in a suit. Black. Dark. Seductive. A secret surrounds him that one tries to elicit, but perhaps it is better not to know. He ensnares, but without sensuality, but with his deep dark aura he awakens new sides in you. With Black Phantom you are someone else. A someone who speaks less, but says more. What lurks in the deep core of his character, which he usually hides, he radiates outwards, that people turn to him interested in his person or turn away repulsively. Only those who are attracted to darkness will linger the night, all those who enjoy the light of the last rays of the sun should avoid this gentleman. For the light belongs to the sensual romantics, but the darkness belongs to the black phantom.

A deliciously dark gourmand with a dominant rum note, accompanied by coffee beans, sugar cane and sandalwood, which all together creates a dark-sweet interplay. The best gourmand fragrance I have ever smelled and therefore not without reason my favorite (Eau de) perfume.
GirlofNow
The noblest gourmand fragrance ever!
I think the Kilian fragrances have really done it to me!:D
Above all I am still IN LOVE with Love don't be shy but also with Princess*.*
Black Phantom I got to know through my grandfather but also learned to LOVE....
Well it's no secret that I'm crazy about good gourmand fragrances, but so far only the gourmand fragrances from the ladies world;D
Many also know that I actually men's fragrances as well as unisex fragrances would never wear myself and no not because I do not dare because of this but because I have not yet found a men's fragrance what I personally would also wear as a woman.... However, until I smelled Black Phantom*.*
If I were a man I think Black Phantom would be my personal signature fragrance because this scent is pure madness! Divinely sensual seductive and to kneel down GOOD!*.*
Since my grandfather has noticed how much this fragrance has blown me away, he has bottled me this fragrance and I keep it since then like a treasure;D
Every time I smell the spray head, I can not believe how wonderful it smells, I always like to compare this fragrance with an expensive and good chocolates:D
From good chocolates, as is well known, you can not get enough or?
Because BP makes me so happy but also does not let go, I want to share my enthusiasm with you:))
I will, as always, also describe this fragrance here as good and accurate as possible;))
The fragrance.....
starts immediately with an addictive coffee note paired with the finest cocoa note.....
How lovely*.*
The coffee note is delightfully dark and somber at the same time it does have a cold note but that is what makes this scent so special as it is not a cappuccino coffee note like Black Opium or Montale Intense coffee.
The coffee note remains strongly present for the whole course of the fragrance over and merges with each note to a dreamlike fragrance course which also smells in my opinion exceptional.
The rum note gives the whole again a luxurious and noble touch;))
In the background I can always spicy notes smell out I do not know now so exactly whether it is a hidden cinnamon note or whether there is more.... What I can say is that, the spicy notes smell very sweetly but not this sweet / Christmas.
In the dry down I have fallen in love only right, because on my skin develops a dark sweet wicked caramel note that smells just damn delicious*.*.......
My grandfather finds that one also smells a fine tobacco note the longer the fragrance develops on the skin.
However, I also perceive this note very cold. (But in a well-intentioned way.)
The H+S is perfect on the clothes but on the skin unfortunately rather weak.
I am anyway no fan of fragrances on the skin to spray rather on the clothes because you also what longer of the fragrance itself has;))
For me, this is one of the noblest gourmand fragrances ever!

It disturbs nothing, it does not sting and above all it is not a scent what headache or nausea produces with the environment!
On the contrary, my grandfather receives every time he applies it a lot of compliments!;)) Especially with the ladies it comes very well;D
My grandfather thinks that Black Phantom is his signature fragrance what he has been looking for a long time and finally discovered.
And since I am of course very happy from the bottom of my heart for my grandfather:)))
Laralina
A vampire sits at the bar
Something like this fragrance I've never smelled.
For me, he smells clearly more masculine than unisex, but he has immediately become one of my favorite men's fragrances. On myself, you can clearly smell the rum. In my head forms the image of a vampire in a suit, sitting at the bar.
For spring or summer is in my opinion also too heavy, so rather autumn and winter. Or to go out.
Irresistible coffee
The first gourmet fragrance that has seduced me. Since I'm usually not really into gourmet scents, it's even more difficult for me to like a gourmet scent. When I smelled it for the first time in a mall, I was directly captivated by the fragrance. My first thought:
How can such an incredible yummy sweet scent that is yes iwie intrusive not seem so intrusive!
I took the test strip with me and even after 3-4std could not stop my nose from smelling it. He was even better and better.
About the fragrance: it smells to me, like the perfect coffee, slightly caramelized and a shot of rum....mhh delicious.
The vetiver in the background rounds the whole thing off nicely, so that it does not develop into a simple sweet fragrance,but also has that certain something.
The durability is really good, loose 8-9std perceptible. With the Silage I am also satisfied! The price is quite ok, for such a fragrance, I like to pay the price.
Conclusion: it is a special fragrance that you will not smell so often and it will certainly give you compliments. Definitely unisex! No everyday fragrance, rather wear on occasions or in the evening
Phantompoperzen
There is an art to making seemingly very sweet gourmands that are still serious, mature and unnerving. Kilian has done just that with this coffee prince once again impressively!

"Black Phantom Memento Mori" catches the exact middle between "L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme" and "Straight To Heaven". A dark coffee without sugar, with rum, without synthetics, with black soul. The top note in particular is already something quite fine. Maybe one of the best I've ever had under my nose. After that it gets a bit weaker - but from 120% to 95% - which gives little to no deduction. "Black Phantom MM" is insanely delicious and a gourmand right up my alley. Must actually add to the collection. It's already/still too big, the scent is too expensive. But basically, there's no beating around the bush. This black phantom is a caffeinated monster with soft silky charm. A little Baileys and milky, a little toffee and praline. Bitter and ballsy. Sugar. But without sugar.

Flacon: nouveau riche and horny
Sillage: dense, thick, decadent
Durability: double-digit and wide-legged - 11 hours

Verdict: for me, a pretty clear 10 for a long time. "Black Phantom Memento Mori" is an eye opener and soul healer. A perfect coffee scent with edge, buzz and Wumms. A miracle!

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 2 months ago
It just can't get enough! Its so addicting with this chocolaty nutty notes without smelling too culinary. Just a magnificent blend
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 months ago
It starts with sweet notes, but it's not cloying. Despite not being listed, I feel notes of caramel and almond. Excellent niche scent.
DarkWinterCSDarkWinterCS 2 months ago
Best gourmand I ever smelled. Coffee, chocolate and boozy rum all over the skin. I want bite. The masterpiece of Kilian Hennessy.
JMWeedJMWeed 2 months ago
At first I really liked it off the card, but that faded. It's a rum/coffee bomb, very sweet, great performance. Just not for me.
NicSealNicSeal 11 months ago
An indulgent & thick fragrance that left me stunned. Simply phenomenal. Edible smelling, sexy,& utterly unique. Leaves a lasting impression.
JoloJolo 1 year ago
Call it Toffee Extreme Intensely. Rum and coffee gone within seconds, which makes it unsophisticated. Underwhelming beast.
PapiChuloPapiChulo 1 year ago
Nicely done fragrence. Its soft but powerful. Definitely an evening fragrence. Not for outside play at all. The hint of coffee is nice.
ScentwitchScentwitch 1 year ago
Lush, boozy vanilla coffee. Scrumptious! Deserves some attention!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 1 year ago
One of the best boozy Gourmand.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Boozy (rum), dark (coffee and cacao), a bit sweet (sugar cane), spicy scent. It gets creamy in the drydown with sandalwood. Average scent.

by GilAroma
by Badh3ad
by Tiho
by Tiho

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian