Black Phantom Memento Mori 2017

Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Black Phantom Memento Mori is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Coffee, Caribbean rum, Java vetiver, Sugar cane, Sandalwood

Submitted by Danina, last update on 04.05.2021.

Irresistible coffee
The first gourmet fragrance that has seduced me. Since I'm usually not really into gourmet scents, it's even more difficult for me to like a gourmet scent. When I smelled it for the first time in a mall, I was directly captivated by the fragrance. My first thought:
How can such an incredible yummy sweet scent that is yes iwie intrusive not seem so intrusive!
I took the test strip with me and even after 3-4std could not stop my nose from smelling it. He was even better and better.
About the fragrance: it smells to me, like the perfect coffee, slightly caramelized and a shot of rum....mhh delicious.
The vetiver in the background rounds the whole thing off nicely, so that it does not develop into a simple sweet fragrance,but also has that certain something.
The durability is really good, loose 8-9std perceptible. With the Silage I am also satisfied! The price is quite ok, for such a fragrance, I like to pay the price.
Conclusion: it is a special fragrance that you will not smell so often and it will certainly give you compliments. Definitely unisex! No everyday fragrance, rather wear on occasions or in the evening
Phantompoperzen
There is an art to making seemingly very sweet gourmands that are still serious, mature and unnerving. Kilian has done just that with this coffee prince once again impressively!

"Black Phantom Memento Mori" catches the exact middle between "L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme" and "Straight To Heaven". A dark coffee without sugar, with rum, without synthetics, with black soul. The top note in particular is already something quite fine. Maybe one of the best I've ever had under my nose. After that it gets a bit weaker - but from 120% to 95% - which gives little to no deduction. "Black Phantom MM" is insanely delicious and a gourmand right up my alley. Must actually add to the collection. It's already/still too big, the scent is too expensive. But basically, there's no beating around the bush. This black phantom is a caffeinated monster with soft silky charm. A little Baileys and milky, a little toffee and praline. Bitter and ballsy. Sugar. But without sugar.

Flacon: nouveau riche and horny
Sillage: dense, thick, decadent
Durability: double-digit and wide-legged - 11 hours

Verdict: for me, a pretty clear 10 for a long time. "Black Phantom Memento Mori" is an eye opener and soul healer. A perfect coffee scent with edge, buzz and Wumms. A miracle!

Kill...ian phenomenon!
I have this fragrance since a month now and i can say this is a killer scent. It has a really gourmand profile. I can't say a lot about the olfactive pyramid but for sure in the opening i get a heavy dose of rum and immediately you can dive in the creamy coffee, vanilla, almond heavenly mixed. The projection is average almost above average whereas longevity is plus 12 hours on my skin, on clothes this lasts weeks.
For a gourmand lover like me this is a masterpiece which kills softly and sweetly other noses around you. I think the name it's also perfect for the purpose of the scent profile.
The bottle is pure luxury!
The Phantom of the Opera , invites to the masked ball
If the Phantom of the Opera smelled like that, I really don't understand why Christine chose Raoul ;)

No , joking aside...

I must honestly say, when I tested this fragrance for the first time, I was not sure what to make of it.

On the one hand, there was this sweet and very pleasant coffee note, on the other hand, there was something tart, which has disturbed me etwss.
A couple of hours later, I smelled this fragrance still on the wrist, and I must say, I found him really nice.

The fragrance is very multi-faceted , it is a mix of a nice toffee/coffee sweetness , but also has something rough tart , it is provocative , but in a charming way .
It is the perfect example of the attraction that something can have on someone even though you are afraid of it.

The H/S are with my bottle ,good to very good .

Despite its provocative nature , I get many compliments for this fragrance .

Aufjeden case ne recommendation worth :)

Malekae
Wow I want to eat myself
Gorgeous fragrance, it was love at first sniff. Dark chocolate, bitter almonds, caramel, booze and coffee.
The fragrance is very sweet, with dark chocolate, almonds, and rum being the most dominate scents. Coffee and caramel flirt with your senses in the background. Excellent projection and longevity when sprayed on clothing, could potentially be cloying to others if applied heavily. I'm a huge fan of this unisex fragrance.
Sweet death
One of my first niche fragrances and still my favorite. The caramel notes which mix with rum and coffee radiate an incredible closeness. It is the lighter version of Intoxicated and therefore in my opinion more suitable for everyday use. So far I have received only positive comments on this fragrance, an absolute recommendation. Whenever I smell this fragrance it puts a smile on my face.
HolsteinKiel
Noble drunk? Wait a minute...
Black Phantom was my personal entry into the world of gourmand fragrances. When I sprayed this fragrance for the first time in the Alsterhaus in Hamburg on the back of my hand I thought to myself: Damn that smells delicious, I must have it. A really great scent for the winter. He gives warmth, is distinctive and knows how to please.

The next day I applied two sprays of this scent, went out into the cold and headed to my girlfriend's house. She immediately noticed the scent and then her association with this scent was, "You sure smell like a ..... today. noble drunkard". This was followed by a laughing fit on both sides and at first I was very puzzled how a fragrance like this could be given a very clumsy title. But in the next moment I noticed that this somehow fits well even if the choice of words is not perfect.

To the first word: Noble I think you can let stand. With this fragrance I imagine a vain, self-confident businessman in a suit, who after a successful day at work in a prestigious cafe to drink a double espresso. This also fits the café note of the fragrance.

As for the second word: drunkard ... well. Even though the word kind of fits, it has a demeaning connotation that doesn't do the fragrance justice. Sure the Caribbean rum, the sugar cane, the woody note ... and then there's Kilian Hennessy himself. The heir to a long lineage of cognac making. A boozer? No, rather a connoisseur, an epicure, one who knows what luxury is. Due to the rum note, which is combined with a café note, I think "Pharisee" as a second word more appropriate.

So how about "Noble Pharisee" ? :)

Arrrr captain!
Everything that's been said about this one is true. Dark, seductive and addictive cozyness. From the first time I tried it I knew I had to have it.

As you spray it, first you will get that dark dry rum with dark chocolate, after a couple of minutes you'll get warm caramel and roasted coffe with some sugar. Almond and sandalwood are giving this fragrance that creamy and cozy, silky vibe!

It's long lasting with great but not aggressive sillage for the first 3 hours, later sits more close to the skin but you can catch whiffs of it through the whole 9 hours that lasted on me. By far my favorite from the house!

It just makes me want to buy an eye patch, boat and a parrot and conquer that drunken sea!

Ptsau
The best boozy coffee fragrance! So Kilian!
Love Black Phantom. I can say I’m addicted to it. It is boozy, dark, warm and gourmandy sweet. It feels so thick with the coffee and rum notes are very prominent. It is not a loud fragrance as I think Kilian’s DNA is meant to be more subdued but people still can smell me within my arm length. It last long, 10+ hours on my skin. It worths every penny. Must try for someone who likes boozy, gourmand, dark, unisex, and subdue fragrances.
Black Winter sponsored by Kilian
Those who know Kilian know that their fragrances are characterized by high performance and durability. Black Phantom stands out from these fragrances, with almost unbelievable durability and radiance!

When I applied the fragrance at the perfumery at noon, it was still perceptible on the skin 8 hours later. On clothes it lasts forever!
Tested on a cotton sweater, where the scent is still clearly noticeable 1 week later. Insanity!

Kilian has created a true "Black Phantom" with the dark fragrances. Only that behind this phantom a true monster is hidden!

That almost sounds like the ideal scent now, doesn't it? Unfortunately not quite....
Black Phantom has the same problem as other Kilian's. The scents are sometimes so intense, even offensive that they can't be used in many different ways.
This further restricts the range of applications of the Black Phantom. It is a fragrance that should only, and I repeat, only be used in winter! At all temperatures well over 10 degrees, I would not get the idea to apply it. But if you really want to attract attention, you can also try it here. Everything at your own risk ;)

For evening occasions in winter it is a good option if you want to stand out. But I can't wear it that often myself, because it can be a pain in the neck due to its intensity. Black Phantom is more of a fragrance that you apply on very specific occasions and then it fits perfectly.

Conclusion: Kilian is special, Kilian is niche, Kilian is different! Correctly dosed and used, this fragrance is unmistakable

NicSealNicSeal 24 days ago
An indulgent & thick fragrance that leaves you desiring for more. Simply Wow. Delicious, sexy, and hyper unique. Leaves a lasting impression
JoloJolo 28 days ago
Call it Toffee Extreme Intensely. Rum and coffee gone within seconds, which makes it unsophisticated. Underwhelming beast.
PapiChuloPapiChulo 29 days ago
Nicely done fragrence. Its soft but powerful. Definitely an evening fragrence. Not for outside play at all. The hint of coffee is nice.
ScentwitchScentwitch 2 months ago
Lush, boozy vanilla coffee. Scrumptious! Deserves some attention!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 3 months ago
One of the best boozy Gourmand.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
Boozy (rum), dark (coffee and cacao), a bit sweet (sugar cane), spicy scent. It gets creamy in the drydown with sandalwood. Average scent.
MariaSMariaS 5 months ago
Walking into a room full of pirates who smoke cigars drink rum and vanilla sticks are burnt. Opening is an experience, dry down mesmerising.
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
Pure sugar, really sweet, similar vibes of Replica's By The Fireplace, that I really don't like.
TeleraTelera 8 months ago
Es recomendable pulverizar solo un par de veces. Buen olor y sillage pero bastante lineal.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
A slightly spicy, yet boozy-sweet Winter Gourmand, balanced by a warm creamy-woody base. Nice coffee, chocolate and rum combo! Male-oriented

by GilAroma
by Emorandeira
by Tiho
by Tiho

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Dark Lord Ex Tenebris Lux by Kilian