Cruel Intentions Tempt Me 2007Perfume

Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) is a perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesGaiac wood, Papyrus, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Castoreum, Oud, Styrax

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.06.2020.

Cruel Intentions is part of the collection, "L'Oeuvre Noire".

Drseid
I agree With The Name At Least...
Not one of By Kilian's better efforts. I find Cruel Intentions very cloying with a synthetic smelling rose/orange combination that just does not work. The scent is pretty linear and has very good staying power. In this case, both of those are *not* good things. Not worth the selling price, and not a recommended buy at any price, IMO. I think By Kilian must have had "Cruel Intentions" indeed when they unleashed this 2 star out of 5 composition on prospective buyers.

Exegetically Cruel Intentions
By Kilian CRUEL INTENTIONS is an oddly beautiful perfume. It takes a few wearings to wrap one's nose around it, but once one gets over the fact that this creation is completely intergeneric, not falling squarely into any of the standard categories, then one can begin to appreciate the composition.

The opening of CRUEL INTENTIONS, to my nose, is quite green, but there is also a strong incense presence. As the fragrance dries down, the wood becomes more prominent, and I begin to detect an ebony-like facet, which appears to be produced as a result of the oud conjoined with some of the other components.

By the drydown, I find the quasi-ebony note so marked that I am reminded of Tokyo Milk DEAD SEXY or Love & Toast POMME POIVRE, both of which I would recommend for testing by anyone who likes CRUEL INTENTIONS. I should say that the two Margot Elena creations are not at all the same--devoid as they are of the green-tinged incense opening of the By Kilian--but they are oddly appealing in the same way. The texture of all three seems somehow chewy to me.

I find CRUEL INTENTIONS rather addictive and would love to have a bottle. It's neither feminine or nor masculine. Not overly oriental but also not exactly green or woody. Eccentric and unique is what I'd call it! Of the perfumes of this line which I've tested, this is by far one of the best.

Full Bottle Worthy
Cruel Intentions reminds me something ... can't put my finger on it. I get a bit of Encre Noir (Femme) with the rose & vetiver, but it's the styrax, I think ... or maybe gaiac or agarwood. Puzzles me and causes me to take even more deep breathes of this fine fragrance.

I love this. Very well-balanced fragrance with just a hint of florals. I've had some difficulty wearing the sweet or boozy Kilian fragrances. However, I find Cruel Intentions unusual and right up my alley. Unisex for sure, maybe just on the femme side, if that.

I've sampled most everything in the sampler pack, and for me Cruel Intentions & Back to Black are full bottle worthy.

Highly recommend giving this one a try.

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Oud, rose and guaiac combined in an elegant way. Strong, sexy, untamed and very charismatic. Simply Cruel Intentions!

by sebjar
by JPhx
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Kilian

Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Killing Me Slowly by Kilian Noir Aphrodisiaque Paris by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian