Good Girl Gone Bad 2012

Good Girl Gone Bad by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Good Girl Gone Bad is a perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine, May rose, Osmanthus
Heart Notes Heart NotesNarcissus, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, White cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.01.2021.

overripe peach
It's a warm spring day, I'm sitting in a white flower garden with my white summer dress on and I bite into an overripe peach.
The juice oozes out and runs down my face onto my white dress.
In shock, I take a drag from a cigarette...

That, at any rate, is my headcanon or association of this scent (:

Good Girl Gone Bad (GGGB) is received yes very differently, hence the extremely different reviews. I always find that very interesting!

Peach note is not listed, apparently the impression comes from the osmanthus but is clearly present for my nose. Otherwise a nice composition with white florals rounded out with some depth and animalicness.
GGGB is mainly well-behaved and plays in my opinion rather subtly with the wicked and bad girls.

Durability and sillage I feel very weather dependent. If it is very cold rather weak, the fragrance needs some warmth, but can imagine that it could be too much of a good thing in high summer.

Properly dosed GGGB is for me a beautiful and special everyday companion with which I feel very comfortable. In addition, he also has something unique that one does not smell at every corner, white flowers should one but already like.
Big minus is the price, I would probably not buy GGGB at the original price. I got hold of a great promotional price. If you can do without the beautiful bottle and buy the refill at the promotional price is the price justifiable...

FunFact: Allegedly GGGB is the most sold Kilian perfume with the Arab men, so dear men try worthwhile maybe ;)

DonJuanDeCat
When good girls want to become bad perfumas!
Hello and good evening! And of course welcome to my latest comment. Today it's "Good Girl Gone Bad" by Kilian and I'm just trying to pull myself together not to fall into endless blasphemies about women because of the fragrance name, that everything (i.e. the fragrance name and so on) would be right and even the Good Girls sometimes can be pretty big shit.... uh, I meant pretty monsters! Extremely brutal monsters!

But of course, the scent probably didn't make you think about what I just imagined as a "bad girl", uh, did it? So... uninhibited, sensual, a woman who is up for anything and likes to take risks, full of lust... um, at least according to the description of the fragrance, yes yes yes yes! So these were NOT my own words, maaaaan I'm not always to blame for everything when I write something reprehensible here *motz motz motz* :D

Hey hey, of course desire and lust doesn't have to have anything to do with sexuality, because the inspiration for the fragrance here even comes from the biblical story of original sin and the Fall, the tasting of the forbidden fruit and the associated expulsion from paradise, to put it very succinctly (... hm, wasn't it Eve's fault that she and Adam were expelled from paradise? Of course, the ladies again... yes, I know, that's not quite true, but it just had to happen again, he he :DD). But somehow the whole thing is still described in a confusing way, so where are the connections with all the descriptions and I didn't want to deal with it too much at the moment, because I didn't like the scent either and well, that's why I'll come to the scent description first.
At least thematically it should lead to the fact that everything begins innocently and then becomes more and more violent...

The smell:
Okay, the scent actually starts out nice. I smell powdery sweet jasmine, light fruit and most of all other floral notes, which are also sweet and I guess here the indicated lily of the valley. But the fragrance already has a slightly stuffy "white-flower" note, but we'll see how it goes on.
Well, after a while it still smells the same as it did before. Well, the sweetish is now a little bit covered by the just described stuffy-floral notes, which makes the fragrance even less pleasing to me, because it also becomes more and more stuffy. Moreover, it simply smells as unspectacular as many other, rather less successful floral scents, where you get the feeling that the perfumer didn't feel like composing a fragrance, but just mixed something together quickly and bored in order to do only the most necessary work.
In the base, the fragrance becomes a bit milder again, as far as the stuffy notes are concerned, because now some amber is added, but it still remains quite boring and not really well-scented. And thematically it remains rather sweet because of the flowery scents (which probably bother me more than you ladies), that means, there is no "Gone Bad"... so there are no "darker scents... I don't know, maybe smoky, animal, sexy seductive scents and so on... anyway, the fragrance turned out pretty boring overall.

The Sillage and the durability:
The charisma is okay, neither strong nor weak and therefore smells for a while, if you are not too far away. The shelf life is also rather moderate and is about four to six hours.

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular and the sides show patterns carved into the glass. The front and back are white and therefore opaque, but you can see inside the bottle from above and along the edges. The golden label on the front shows the name and brand. The lid is also gold-plated. It is also delivered in a box with a golden snake figure (original sin theme) on it. All quite beautiful. The bottle is refillable.

Conclusion:
Well... this scent isn't really working for me. For me it mostly just smells like not really definable, flowery notes, which also come across as rather stuffy. So the fragrance is not only a bit unpleasant for me, but also very unspectacular and therefore extremely boring.

Since Kilian is also on the fragrance, the disappointment is even greater. The only sin that can be found here is the exorbitant price for such a weak scent, which is not convincing either thematically or olfactorically...
So I can't recommend the fragrance to others, so you can't try it either, because you would only waste one arm if you sprayed yourself full with it. I haven't tried so many Kilians yet, but there were more beautiful scents among the tested scents, much more beautiful Kilians...

But at least Kilian was right about one thing, and that was the expression: "Good Girl Gone Bad", at least there is something true about it, and I don't seem to be the only one who thinks so about the ladies, mu ha ha ha :DD
But still not with this scent, no no, with this scent you won't become Bad Girls, at least olfactorically, but just stink... :D

Well, have a nice evening and see you next time :)
Eli78
The good girl starts smoking
I personally love the scent, especially in winter! It is fruity and with time you can perceive smoky scents. This is probably due to the osmanthus, which I simply love One of my favorites!

Good Girl on a Tropical Vacation
Good Girl Gone Bad is a romantic blend of roses and tropical flowers. It is lovely, feminine and carefree. Nothing “gone bad or wild” here. The scent is well-behaved and easy to wear despite its strong and distinct floral notes.

I have to give credit to Kilian for taming the rose, tuberose and jasmine in this scent and making them behave nicely and civilized in this composition. The flowers are noticeable but not heady or suffocating. It is like their essence is mixed together in a lovely and light tropical mist. The osmanthus adds sweet fruity notes in the beginning. The rich cedar base apparent right from the start and adds a nice dimension to the scent. The composition is not complex, but it is lovely and elegant. The sillage is moderate, which in this case, I appreciate – no need for a floral composition to be overwhelming. The longevity is decent – at least 7 hours.

Overall score 7.5. Is it a unique scent that ignites my imagination and leaves me craving for me? No. But I do like that it is easy to wear, well-balanced and feminine. I wore this scent to work on a nice summer day and I liked the image it projected. The only draw-back is a price-tag. Kilian has a lovely bottle and the scent is nice, but the pricing is just so expensive.

Sfonativeboy
Complicated and Troubled... perhaps...???
Good Girl notes....
Fruity and slightly floral

Bad girl drunk by six
Kissing someone else's lips
Smoked too many cigarettes today
I'm not happy when I act this way...

Bad Girl note:
Salty and not very clean ....(sweaty?)
Sullied Aquatic

Something's happened and I can't go back
I fall apart every time you hand your heart out to me
What happens now, I know I don't deserve you
I wonder how I'm ever gonna hurt you
Can't bring myself to let you go

A fragrance that is complicated and
doesn't care if you get her or not!!

The girl is a liar--but that's her only vice
By Kilian never ceases to amaze me with its bad and irrelevant copy. Here is the text on the folio accompanying my sample of GOOD GIRL GONE BAD:

"A woman who is game for anything in the world of love, of desire, of naughtiness."

As usual with this house, I find a gaping chasm between the properties of the perfume and the text appended to market it. To me, GOOD GIRL GONE BAD smacks of DIANE. Sorry fans, but it's as clean and innocuous and personal hygiene spray-like as a scent can possibly be.

What amazes me is that with all the money that these perfumes cost, Kilian continues to refuse to hire a decent writer!

One nice thing about the Kilian collection is that it reminds me over and over again that there is no necessary connection between marketing and perfume qualities. The text in this case may as well have been composed by a monkey sitting at a typewriter and hammering out string after string of letters until a sentence fragment in the English language was finally produced.

The perfume. Well, it's pleasant, vaguely woody, vaguely floral, and vaguely fresh. This good girl's only vice is mendacity!

Where Is The "Gone Bad"?
Good Girl Gone Bad opens with an extremely brief light aldehyde-laced open, transitioning quickly to a very long-lasting fruity apricot-like osmanthus flower note coupled with a natural smelling bright rose undertone in support. This fruity-floral tandem remains well into the heart with the rose slowly growing as the osmanthus recedes late. Supporting the now dominant rose in the late heart is a beautiful slightly green jasmine, while adding just faint whiffs of cedar wood making their way from the base. The cedar remains just detectable through the dry-down, as the jasmine infused rose continues to dominate through the end. Projection and longevity are both average to above average.

Good Girl Gone Bad is a very nice "feminine" leaning composition that will most likely appeal to fans of fruity rose-laced florals in particular. The scent is quite light and airy, with many of the more challenging notes listed in the official scent pyramid like the Indian Tuberose either highly sanitized or nowhere to be found. From a wearability perspective this may be perceived as a good thing, but as a fragrance enthusiast I feel with a name like "Good Girl Gone Bad" the lack of that edginess is somewhat disappointing. Make no mistake, Good Girl Gone Bad is a very nice composition and I certainly like it, but I expect a bit more from By Kilian than what amounts to the equivalent of a superior mainstream release, especially at the relatively high price of $245 for 50 ml it currently sells for. Value aside, Good Girl Gone Bad earns a strong (and aptly fitting) "good" rating of 3 stars out of 5, which somewhat ironically is its main problem as this girl is just *too* good.

DalilaBDalilaB 3 months ago
Fresh and playful floral that leaves you addicted to the scent. I only get the good gIrl part there’s nothing bad or dark about it!
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
More like Good Girl Gone Sour. The fresh and woody notes just don't get along with some of those flowers. It improves as it dries down.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Sharleeze
by Sharleeze
So präsentiert im KaDeWe, August 2019

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian