Good girl gone Bad (2012)

Good girl gone Bad by Kilian
Bottle Design: Carré Basset

Good girl gone Bad is a perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmine, May rose, Osmanthus
Heart Notes Heart NotesNarcissus, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, White cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.09.2019

10.0 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Good Girl on a Tropical Vacation
Good Girl Gone Bad is a romantic blend of roses and tropical flowers. It is lovely, feminine and carefree. Nothing “gone bad or wild” here. The scent is well-behaved and easy to wear despite its strong and distinct floral notes.

I have to give credit to Kilian for taming the rose, tuberose and jasmine in this scent and making them behave nicely and civilized in this composition. The flowers are noticeable but not heady or suffocating. It is like their essence is mixed together in a lovely and light tropical mist. The osmanthus adds sweet fruity notes in the beginning. The rich cedar base apparent right from the start and adds a nice dimension to the scent. The composition is not complex, but it is lovely and elegant. The sillage is moderate, which in this case, I appreciate – no need for a floral composition to be overwhelming. The longevity is decent – at least 7 hours.

Overall score 7.5. Is it a unique scent that ignites my imagination and leaves me craving for me? No. But I do like that it is easy to wear, well-balanced and feminine. I wore this scent to work on a nice summer day and I liked the image it projected. The only draw-back is a price-tag. Kilian has a lovely bottle and the scent is nice, but the pricing is just so expensive.

Sfonativeboy
Complicated and Troubled... perhaps...???
Good Girl notes....
Fruity and slightly floral

Bad girl drunk by six
Kissing someone else's lips
Smoked too many cigarettes today
I'm not happy when I act this way...

Bad Girl note:
Salty and not very clean ....(sweaty?)
Sullied Aquatic

Something's happened and I can't go back
I fall apart every time you hand your heart out to me
What happens now, I know I don't deserve you
I wonder how I'm ever gonna hurt you
Can't bring myself to let you go

A fragrance that is complicated and
doesn't care if you get her or not!!
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

The girl is a liar--but that's her only vice
By Kilian never ceases to amaze me with its bad and irrelevant copy. Here is the text on the folio accompanying my sample of GOOD GIRL GONE BAD:

"A woman who is game for anything in the world of love, of desire, of naughtiness."

As usual with this house, I find a gaping chasm between the properties of the perfume and the text appended to market it. To me, GOOD GIRL GONE BAD smacks of DIANE. Sorry fans, but it's as clean and innocuous and personal hygiene spray-like as a scent can possibly be.

What amazes me is that with all the money that these perfumes cost, Kilian continues to refuse to hire a decent writer!

One nice thing about the Kilian collection is that it reminds me over and over again that there is no necessary connection between marketing and perfume qualities. The text in this case may as well have been composed by a monkey sitting at a typewriter and hammering out string after string of letters until a sentence fragment in the English language was finally produced.

The perfume. Well, it's pleasant, vaguely woody, vaguely floral, and vaguely fresh. This good girl's only vice is mendacity!
10.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Where Is The "Gone Bad"?
Good Girl Gone Bad opens with an extremely brief light aldehyde-laced open, transitioning quickly to a very long-lasting fruity apricot-like osmanthus flower note coupled with a natural smelling bright rose undertone in support. This fruity-floral tandem remains well into the heart with the rose slowly growing as the osmanthus recedes late. Supporting the now dominant rose in the late heart is a beautiful slightly green jasmine, while adding just faint whiffs of cedar wood making their way from the base. The cedar remains just detectable through the dry-down, as the jasmine infused rose continues to dominate through the end. Projection and longevity are both average to above average.

Good Girl Gone Bad is a very nice "feminine" leaning composition that will most likely appeal to fans of fruity rose-laced florals in particular. The scent is quite light and airy, with many of the more challenging notes listed in the official scent pyramid like the Indian Tuberose either highly sanitized or nowhere to be found. From a wearability perspective this may be perceived as a good thing, but as a fragrance enthusiast I feel with a name like "Good Girl Gone Bad" the lack of that edginess is somewhat disappointing. Make no mistake, Good Girl Gone Bad is a very nice composition and I certainly like it, but I expect a bit more from By Kilian than what amounts to the equivalent of a superior mainstream release, especially at the relatively high price of $245 for 50 ml it currently sells for. Value aside, Good Girl Gone Bad earns a strong (and aptly fitting) "good" rating of 3 stars out of 5, which somewhat ironically is its main problem as this girl is just *too* good.

So präsentiert im KaDeWe, August 2019

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Forbidden Games by Kilian