Incense Oud (2011)

Incense Oud by Kilian
Bottle Design: Carré Basset

Incense Oud is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGeranium, Cardamom, Pink pepper, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrapefruit, Papyrus, Patchouli, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Labdanum, Musk, Sandalwood, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.09.2019

10.0 2.5 10.0 9.0/10

Reference Incense, No'Oud...
Incense Oud is a truly fabulous incense scent. The natural smelling incense accord that immediately hits you with the top notes mixed with hints of rose and citrus, hanging around through the heart notes is out of this world incredible, and the best I have smelled to date, eclipsing even the great Avignon. I guess I would describe it as similar to Avignon, but smoother and just overall more refined and somewhat more subtle. Incense Oud is the much more wearable and versatile scent of the two by far, IMO. In the base notes, I get some Oud mixed in with the sandalwood and musk dominant base (even though it is not listed in the official notes).

That gets me to the primary concern I have with Incense Oud... There really is not that much Oud in it to my nose. At $395 for a 50ml bottle, that is a relatively high price to pay for what amounts to even a reference incense scent, when other excellent ones are available for a fraction of the price like the aforementioned Avignon as well as others. That said, if you are looking for the best incense scent you can find regardless of price (and don't mind that the scents name is a tad off), then I have not found as good as Incense Oud and would have to recommend it, awarding it a strong 4.5 star out of 5 rating.
8.0/10

A trip down memory lane
I've had a sample of this banging around in my sample box for some time now. I haven't had much of a chance to truly try it, but with a bit of free time available today I found it and whacked the entire sample bottle to my left arm. It's beautiful. It's pure Frankincense on me ... very little else and quite linear. I'm a bit of an Oud nut and I don't get very much of it here.
I had a very strict Catholic upbringing (yep, parochial school et al ... it's taken years of therapy to get over LET'S NOT GO THERE!!!) and without much say in the matter became an altar boy at around the age of 10. It was my duty to carry the censer (the incense burner) and I would dutifully swing it about (like a fabulous gold Judith Leiber handbag!!) until I was fairly obscured by nimbus like clouds of fragrant smoke :o). Incense Oud smells EXACTLY like the little gold box of resinous crystals that housed the incense we used!
Is Kilian Hennesey's Incense Oud worth it's (IMO) exhorbitant price? Not really ... as lovely as it is. I think the sublimely gorgeous Mr. Hennesey would do well to market his fragrances in less costly packaging. I read somewhere that a 50ml bottle at GBP 140 is refillable at GBP 60. That's QUITE a difference for a pretty bottle!
Nevertheless ... one cannot take away the fact that this is a REALLY beautiful fragrance ... I'd have it if I could justify the price!

by WitweBolte
by WitweBolte
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Forbidden Games by Kilian