Incense Oud 2011

Incense Oud by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Incense Oud is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-woody. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGeraniumGeranium
LabdanumLabdanum
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.05.2021.

Incense
Ah the good old Kilian.
Spend your hard earned money on a good smelling But very generic scent, which unfortunatelly does not perform as it should for the Price.
The bottle is beautiful like all Kilian bottles, But the scent itself again, just like all kilian scents, does not perform the best.
try before buying. Otherwise you would need to respray often.

Another Rose-Oud
This perfume could have been called Incense Rose and it would be more realistic, the oud of this perfume is so light that it is almost not felt, it is, but in a very vaporous and ephemeral way.

The beginning is one of the most beautiful parts of this perfume and the one that lasts the least, a sigh, but it leaves you ecstatic with vaporous and balsamic spices asking for more. Next, a splendid smoky rose opens up, truly beautiful, on a woody, balsamic, warm and spicy background. From here the rose and incense agreement remains until the end, I only conceive small changes of nuances, which are caused by the evolution of the notes that make up the background, sometimes they stand out some more than others, and thus make up an aroma very dynamic, despite always smelling of smoky rose.

Of moderate high duration, with a performance of about 7 or 8 hours, and moderate wake from the start, although somewhat more noticeable in the first hour. Perfume from cold or temperate climates and to wear it at night preferably.

As for recommending it, this time I would say that it is not a perfume for all noses, so better to try it before purchase. The perfume is of quality, but I think it is a scent that is already very exploited.
BartS
in the royal class of the Orientals
Oriental fragrances are often just too clumsy for me. Simply with both hands rose, oud, incense and spices purely et voila there we have created an oriental fragrance. At least that often seems to be in the imagination of so manch manufacturer.

But similar to other fragrances, it's all about the details and not about throwing together ingredients that are classic for a genre. Incense Oud has indeed these typical oriental ingredients, but uses them so finely and balanced that you can speak here of a royal class, a Champions League, in which he plays. The start is so lightly spicy and sweet that it is a perfect introduction to the nevertheless very strong incense. The rose and the oud round off the composition only at the outer edge. The main players are from start to finish the cardamom and incense.

Absolute perfection in its genre. So luxurious that you do not know when to wear it at all. For everyday life in any case too bad. To let him gather dust in the closet is also too bad. For people who have to dress up in their everyday life and exude a certain seriousness actually optimal.

Arabian Nights is fully met as a theme. I can very well imagine how an Arab sheikh or part of the royal family wears this one. And in gold, these bottles look even more awesome.

Chapeau Kilian. Often at war with your compositions, it's ones like this one that command my respect.
2.5

Reference Incense, No'Oud...
Incense Oud is a truly fabulous incense scent. The natural smelling incense accord that immediately hits you with the top notes mixed with hints of rose and citrus, hanging around through the heart notes is out of this world incredible, and the best I have smelled to date, eclipsing even the great Avignon. I guess I would describe it as similar to Avignon, but smoother and just overall more refined and somewhat more subtle. Incense Oud is the much more wearable and versatile scent of the two by far, IMO. In the base notes, I get some Oud mixed in with the sandalwood and musk dominant base (even though it is not listed in the official notes).

That gets me to the primary concern I have with Incense Oud... There really is not that much Oud in it to my nose. At $395 for a 50ml bottle, that is a relatively high price to pay for what amounts to even a reference incense scent, when other excellent ones are available for a fraction of the price like the aforementioned Avignon as well as others. That said, if you are looking for the best incense scent you can find regardless of price (and don't mind that the scents name is a tad off), then I have not found as good as Incense Oud and would have to recommend it, awarding it a strong 4.5 star out of 5 rating.

A trip down memory lane
I've had a sample of this banging around in my sample box for some time now. I haven't had much of a chance to truly try it, but with a bit of free time available today I found it and whacked the entire sample bottle to my left arm. It's beautiful. It's pure Frankincense on me ... very little else and quite linear. I'm a bit of an Oud nut and I don't get very much of it here.
I had a very strict Catholic upbringing (yep, parochial school et al ... it's taken years of therapy to get over LET'S NOT GO THERE!!!) and without much say in the matter became an altar boy at around the age of 10. It was my duty to carry the censer (the incense burner) and I would dutifully swing it about (like a fabulous gold Judith Leiber handbag!!) until I was fairly obscured by nimbus like clouds of fragrant smoke :o). Incense Oud smells EXACTLY like the little gold box of resinous crystals that housed the incense we used!
Is Kilian Hennesey's Incense Oud worth it's (IMO) exhorbitant price? Not really ... as lovely as it is. I think the sublimely gorgeous Mr. Hennesey would do well to market his fragrances in less costly packaging. I read somewhere that a 50ml bottle at GBP 140 is refillable at GBP 60. That's QUITE a difference for a pretty bottle!
Nevertheless ... one cannot take away the fact that this is a REALLY beautiful fragrance ... I'd have it if I could justify the price!

Denim86Denim86 2 months ago
Nice scent But bad performance.

by WitweBolte
by WitweBolte
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Woman in Gold (Perfume) by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian