Intoxicated 2014

Intoxicated by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Intoxicated is a popular perfume by Kilian for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Turkish coffee, Green cardamom, Green cardamom absolute, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Caramel

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 17.09.2020.

The scent was part of the collection "Addictive State of Mind".

Memories of summer evenings
A*Man in better. The resemblance is amazing.
Whereby there should be no patchouli in here.
Anyway, my ex-boyfriend used to wear A*Man And when I smelled Intoxicated, it was like this Test 1: Wow what a great smell It's magical, complex, simply ingenious.

Test two: Wait a minute... why does he smell like my ex-boyfriend Totally. I can't get that thought out of my head! This can't be happening. He only ever wore that one fragrance...
(Here's an idea)
I'm going on perfume, check the list: Scent twins and:
This can't be! It says A*Man.
No Intoxicated is A*Man! Or?

How come I didn't see it the first time?
Although I now forever when I smell this scent my ex-boyfriend before me, I must say: Ingenious scent.
Is among the top 5 of my favorite kiliilians.

Spicy-sweet is right. Cardamom! Ideal for the day/evening. Always goes.
Would also be an ideal signature scent
What else I would like to say:
You can smell the quality differences to A*Man definitively.
The shelf life of both products is very long.
I will definitely wear it anyway, although I have a non-erasable picture in my head now :D
But you better make your own picture Maybe I only like the scent because it evokes positive memories ;D
Sometimes it's so...
Intoxicated
I don't like A*Men and quickly sold him back. Therefore I was especially skeptical when I decided to test Intoxicated on my trip through the house of Kilian. Wrongly, as I've been told.

What I experienced with this scent, I had almost no scent before. I was actually intoxicated. But from the front. When I got the scent - it was a cold autumn day in November - I immediately let go of a few sprays on my neck and thought to myself: hm, you can't really put it that way. The reaction of my parents should confirm this. My mother just said, "What's this unusual smell?" And also my girlfriend said while we were all walking together: "Your scent is so captivating and attractive, yet arrogant and repulsive and then somehow stunning." This shows, besides the unusual reactions, what the scent has on the box in terms of projection and durability, because these reactions happened after I wore Intoxicated for about 4 hours and we were, as I said, outside in the cold. In the evening the words of my girlfriend did not go out of my head, what I clung to was her statement that the scent was stunning. That's why I had to agree with her. He does something to you, numbs you, intoxicates you, invites you to dream and think. But where does that come from? The intoxicating element is clearly coffee! You get a caffeine flash right away when you spray it on. However, the coffee is seltman smoothed and strangely fresh. It's like adding a splash of lime to a coffee (I can't describe the fragrance experience any better). The cardamom and the caramel do the rest to put the coffee in its place.

The next day I had to wear it again, this time to school. Four sprays alone stunned half the teachers' room. But positive throughout. A colleague came in the door - we are 100 colleagues* - and only said: "here it smells good of perfume". And also my table neighbours were completely enthusiastic, but could not express what is so great about the scent. When I came home late in the afternoon and sat down with my girlfriend, she just said: "Oh, are you wearing that exciting perfume again? At the time I was wearing Intoxicated already 11 hours. Awesome, I thought to myself, what a shelf life and Sillage!

In the evening in bed I still noticed the light touch and the beautiful drydown of Intoxicated and was intoxicated.

I can understand that he likes to be compared to A*Men, but what Kilian married is a true masterpiece. You have analyzed the positive of A*Men and replaced all faulty components. The fragrance is largely straight and becomes softer and softer only towards the end. The opening is ingenious and fresh coffee pure. He's never too much and never too little. It's not very sweet, but spicy and fresh! But fresh in a completely unknown sense. I could imagine him on summer evenings, too. The durability is about 15 hours until the complete decay and the projection is very perceptible until hour 8. The projection is also very exciting. My girlfriend said he polarized every few minutes, as if he would give off his scent again and again by himself.

You're probably reading it out, I'm really stunned at this smell. I wonder if that's his intoxicating side effect Maybe a warning should be mapped on it? For me it is a clear 10/10 and I would have to reduce my collection to two fragrances, then Timbuktu and Intoxicated, that's enough for me.

I am looking forward to your opinions!
DonJuanDeCat
I NEVER drink again... my ass...!
Hey, guys, welcome to a new scent commentary from me. Today I describe Intoxicated by Killian, which translates as violently drunk and also reminds me of a few drinking bouts where fortunately only a few have ended violently for me.

I wasn't supposed to tell it, but one thing that still embarrasses me a bit was the 2014 World Cup, when Germany played much better and not only took the 4th World Cup title, but also wrote a piece of football history with the 7:1 against Brazil. Anyway, I was at the preliminary games with a good friend at one of her buddies'. And for them it was a tradition, so to speak, to drink at least one beer during each half, as well as of course some smaller shots in between. I already drink beer, but never beer, because I just don't like the taste so much. So during the first half I just sucked on my bottle until one of them told me that the bottle had to be empty at the end of the first half... but he told me this in the 45th minute!!! "All right, there's still 3 minutes extra time," I thought, when the referee of course only gave ONE ridiculous minute, so that I could practically drink the bottle to my ex. Did I tell you I don't like beer much? And that I got another bottle for the second half? Now you probably think that two bottles of beer are not bad after all, but I wish I'd let all the short ones go,... but some pure vodkas as well as some bigger glasses with Vodka-Redbull-Mix (as well as some knockers) can really knock in! And the beer made everything overflow, especially when, unlike the other drinks, you have to choke the beer down :D You get drunk, everything is humid and cheerfully funny, until you sit in the S-Bahn (suburban train), to take the long ride home (from Mainz - Mühlheim), where the sudden silence makes your head spin faster and faster and then... you get more and more nasty. Well... my biggest fear was that I would throw up in the suburban train... I made it to the last station with all my might and I wanted to rush out. I tried to open the S-Bahn doors, but they only opened halfway (there were still these doors with these handles from time to time, which had to be pulled...). Then... bah, the rest I tell after the description of the fragrance... :D

The fragrance
The scent begins with heavy, sweet scents of cinnamon and caramel, but it also smells a little like vanilla and very slightly like honey and chocolate. In addition, the scent is tart and quite spicy. He actually reminds me of A*Men by Thierry Mugler, only he seems less biting to me.
The cardamom is probably responsible for the bitter-spicy, the coffee against it works... well, how coffee just smells. It really smells like the stronger Turkish coffee, because it is much harsher than the smell of "normal coffee". Still this coffee note smells quite nice. Besides, there are powdery scents, which make the scent softer, so that it doesn't look very biting despite the bitter and spicy scents.
Later, the fragrance continues to smell of sweet spicy scents, of nutmeg and cardamom, but unfortunately no longer of coffee, as it is becoming weaker and weaker and soon says goodbye.
Much later the fragrance smells basically the same as it did at the beginning, only with slight differences in the individual intensities. The biggest difference is that the fragrance is much softer and more pleasant at the end than at the beginning, as the fragrance becomes slightly more powdery in the base.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, one is wrapped in a large fragrance cloud and can be smelled well from a distance. The shelf life is extremely good, because you can smell the fragrance even the next morning or for a while weakly after a shower!

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and black on the inside. It has a chrome-plated label on the front and a cylindrical, chrome-plated lid on the spray head. The bottle has a high-quality effect and also fits well in the hand. Simple and clear lines, but well done, a beautiful bottle.

Soo, Intoxicated is a fragrance that actually reminds me a lot of Mugler's A*Men, only comes across less biting or pungent and so I like ticking better than A*Men, even if the fragrance is not really my thing in general. But he is quite nice, so I would recommend him for a test, but you should note that you should not overdose such fragrances. In any case, it is a fragrance for autumn and winter and especially suitable for going out.

So, now that you're naturally burning to see what happened when the S-Bahn doors didn't open properly at the time or were opening really slowly, so that I couldn't run out fast enough, I tell you the story again: ... yes damn it... I threw up and was extremely happy about two things! First: It was already very late, so nobody saw me, I think... and secondly I had a cloth bag with me (Alk had dragged it around before), so I could put it in! Argh, I don't usually throw up in public, but I really couldn't. The best thing was that I had called my brother on the way so that he could pick me up with the car from the station... and I pressed the barfed bag into his hand absent-mindedly, which he only noticed when the bottom of the bag got more and more wet, mu ha ha, how disgusting! :DD
Well, those were my first thoughts now when I saw the fragrance name "Intoxicated"!

Well, and no, that was actually the first and last time (so far) I threw up (somewhere outside)... and yes, I swore I'd never drink again after that. Of course I never stuck to the last one... :D
Whoa, all this is now so 5 years in the past! As the saying goes: You were younger and dumber :DD

So, now you can laugh at me! D
Anyway, I wish you a nice evening, so see you then :)
Simply intoxicating
Intoxicated? Kilian fragrances are known for weird names, but this one is very peculiar. Toxic? Toxic? Intoxicated? Drunk?
Well, after a spray or two, it'll do some combing. And the scent almost blows you away. Coffee and spices dominate the scenery and only slowly does a certain calmness begin to set in. But peace here is in no way to be equated with inconspicuousness. After an hour, my daughter comes into the room, stops and says "wow, here riecht´s full after Christmas". So much for the topic Sillage (murderous) and durability (10-12 hours, Madame Becker really knocked one out). This Christmas association of my little ones is not so wrong, although of course it is too coarse and too short, so that it does not do justice to the fragrance. Sure, the spices remain dominant, but in a fine and never intrusive way. What is added in the course of the hours is smoke, but no fear, also the compared to many others of this variety also very finely arranged. Then we have woods, the resinous kind. And everything in a really successful composition. Because that is what distinguishes class from mass.
So when can you "drunk, drunk" walk around? Well, first of all intoxicated is clearly better lifted in the cooler season. October to Easter, outside this range for me hard to imagine. Not in business either, because too loud, too conspicuous, too powerful. In your free time, however, always, at the fine dinner also and in noble clubs perfect. Quite the same kind that women jump at. The dosage alone should be taken with caution, because as already mentioned, Sillage and shelf life are really not from bad parents. A great thing, a rover, even if probably not everyone's taste. Price-performance in the total package considered m.E. ok.
Turkish mocha
My review of Intoxicated in English as a YouTube video. As a lover of coffee scents, this one is a real treasure for me. More than just A*Men deluxe.

Long time ago..
It was around the end of 1997, when I acquired one or two fragrances myself for the first time. Common things, chosen without ambition. Mugler's A*Men was sorted out during testing, was too sweet for me. But he remained diffuse in my memory. Nevertheless, I needed appropriate hints (see below), at which door 'Intoxicated' is knocking - although I remember more sugary coffee in the vague retrospect of Mugler.

Anyway, the most important keyword has already been mentioned: too sweet.

At the front it still fits in quite well. Something fruity from the nimm2 corner, then cocoa. Cardamom is okay; at Herr Schuhbeck's shop on the Mö I always like to have a nose of it, above the full chute hangs a lush cloud of this spicy and sour, which in turn touches the citrus-fruity note. But already after half an hour I think primarily of guaiac-caramel, later on even roasted flavours appear clearly. These are quite successful in themselves, because my usual H-cream association in this respect remains cryptic.

Coffee is fine, if you know what I mean - only today a lot of "monin caramel syrup" or something similar was added. The still perceptible hint of sweet citrus fruit on top does me a lot of good. Unfortunately the latter disappears in the course of the morning without leaving a full replacement. Although a dusty, waxy note will provide some ventilation in the coming hours and prevent total hyperglycaemia, it is undeniable that the dessert group has taken over the reigns. The spice has now been caricatured into sweetness, as if it had been candied.

In the early afternoon, Lord Baker leads fresh troops into the field: a sugary back-flavored sweetness that can penetrate as it were under the guise of a last nimm2 reminiscence. Towards the evening, a musky-soft cream with a little synthetic vanilla sweetness is achieved. I'm glad that the fragrance has long since become quite silent.

Thank Ergoproxy for the sample.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 22 days ago
A slightly sweet and powdery spicy-earthy Gourmand for the Fall season. Nice cardamom-coffee combo, yet rather linear. 100% Unisex!
Dan81Dan81 124 days ago
Strong coffee, roasted and brewed Turkish coffee. Yes it's similar to A*Men, but this smells so darn good and better that it doesn't matter.
LolusLolus 162 days ago
Forget about the famous "Black Panthom". Go and try this one immediately.

by Benedikt2019
by 3Lv3
by Kenshin
by Kenshin

Popular Kilian

Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Killing Me Slowly by Kilian Noir Aphrodisiaque Paris by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian