Love Don't Be Shy 2007Perfume

Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Orange blossom absolute, Honeysuckle, Rose, Marshmallow, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.04.2021.

Sweethearts
The scent is sugary sweet. It really just smells like marshmallow - sugar cream or something and I love it. People who don't like linear scents and very sweet ones at that, I would advise against this scent, but I love the pleasant scent cloud that I notice myself all day and the cuddly feeling you get from it. 10/10 recommend
LS5
What Love by Kilian and my dog have in common...
Actually, I wanted to dedicate my first review to another fragrance, but with Kilian Love I had my most "extreme" experience so far.

First of all, I love this fragrance. Marshmallow orange blossom powder dream. Very very sweet but, when dosed well, very light, like a fluffy cape. Sexy. It doesn't have a stark progression, gets vll a little more vanilla and softer in the drydown. It has something fresh about it, but only in the top note and only subtly. Despite the sweetness it has something "clean" about it. Bathed in orange blossom rose milk and sugared with marshmallow powder. Yes, that's what it smells like to me!

Now for my experience:
In the current times of home office, I can test fragrances without restraint. Every now and then I'm in the office and am happy when I can run my favorite fragrances also times. It was that time again and I decided to wear Kilian's Love. Of course, only very discreetly, you do not want to get on anyone's nerves.
My two sprays in the morning had not lasted until closing time, of course, but I had my sample with me and said to myself: oh come before the train ride spray yourself again properly, through the masks no one smells that anyway. Until then I thought, the good Kilian is delicious, but a bit weak on the chest. I should soon be taught otherwise.

So I on the way to the train and already thought: Hui, so strong I have never perceived you myself, my love! Also my dog made 2-3 sneezing noises, but I paid little attention to that, he makes after all, when he is outraged about something (the last piece of cheese, for example, that does not go into his mouth).

Anyway. I'm on the still empty train, which is getting more and more crowded. Usually there are either the people who sit near me because they think the dog is so cute, or those who are afraid of him and find a seat in another compartment (quick info: my dog weighs 4kilos and has certain similarities to Chubaka).
Back to said train ride: soon I realized, even through my mask, that I had definitely sprayed too much. I hoped no one else noticed (haha) but the spectacle was already starting: there was a lot of space near me. you noticed people stopped for a second but something seemed to bother them, 2 people said something like : Ui Ui Ui, puhh and kept walking. I kept hoping people couldn't make out the source of the scent (haha).
After a few people passed me, I seriously considered getting off for a bit and "venting" a bit before catching the next train. Well, that was done because the train didn't stop anymore. Ok, you have to go through it now I thought. It's not the worst thing with increasing corona numbers when no one is sitting around you. Look on the bright side.

The moment of exit was getting closer and closer, and I knew I just had to manage to get down the aisle as inconspicuously as possible. Worked out great: laptop bag constantly bumping into someone, the dog sniffing and staring at everything, and me with my orange blossom rose marshmallow scented wall.

Finally, my stopping point was already in sight, a few moments and I could put all these people out of this
Misery. Then a woman spoke to me from behind and I thought: she will stick you now nicely, that you pest the complete air in the train.
But she had only two questions:
What breed the dog was, that would be so cute. And what perfume I would wear, she had never smelled anything so fine.
I would have actually cried and laughed out loud with relief and joy.

Love don't be shy by Kilian- an insane scent that is just like my dog: flashy, playful, and when he's over it, pretty annoying. I love them both!

I'm on cloud nine.....
It's been a long time since I wrote a comment here on Parfumo....
Admittedly, I had a lot on my mind and was glad to have an hour to myself to come down and get a clear head....
Be that as it may, although I had so much around the ears, I diligently tested my samples / muesli that I had at home.
But never could surprise me one until now...
Until I heard that there is THE BEST marshmallow fragrance at Kilian:))
As many here know I LOVE good gourmand fragrances and exactly that I did not want to miss!;))))
Immediately I ordered a small filling of it and waited curiously for my package:))
Two days later, my long-awaited bottling finally arrived:)
I was on fire but I had promised my grandfather to test this fragrance together with him.
So he finally came and he was just as curious as I about this fragrance:))
I was afraid at the beginning that it could smell like Pink Sugar...
But thank God this was not the case.
I gave two sprays on my wrist and I was immediately captivated by this scent!
I was at that moment on cloud 7 :D
Also my grandfather was just like me captivated by this fragrance!:D
He said you can't keep your nose off this scent once you've smelled it, however right he is!*.*
The whole living room smelled like marshmallow for an hour:D
Kind of sad and a pity at the same time that I have only now learned of this magic scent, which surprised me personally but also a little annoyed at the same time!
My grandfather said, he finds Love don't be shy almost better than the La nuit tresor and yes I was discreetly speechless but also shocked!
But I remain faithful to my baby;) Although I'm every time on cloud.7 when I smell Love!*.*
Also, I have to admit that I've been looking for a marshmallow scent for a while, one that doesn't smell synthetic or cheap. So far, only the sweet like candy of Ariana Grande could convince me but even here I smell the berry notes sometimes more intense as the marshmallow note.
But finally I have discovered this, treasure after which I have searched soooo long!:))
Let's start with the most beautiful part and that is the fragrance description:)
The fragrance...
already in the top note I smell the marshmallow note intensively through.
The orange blossom is only the first half hour present after that I do not smell it anymore.
Many marshmallow or even cotton candy scents smell unfortunately just like burnt sugar or much worse still extremely synthetic and exactly that is NOT the case with the Love don't be shy!
It is a beautiful pink fluffy but also creamy marshmallow cloud that really dominates from spraying on to towards the end of the fragrance beautifully.
The rose note so feminine, powdery, juicy and at the same time so delicate and beautiful unfolds from hour to hour more and more and lets me dream again and again.
With the time the rose unites perfectly and harmoniously at the same time with the marshmallow note what is art in my opinion!
After two good hours, the marshmallow note gets creamier and warmer....
It is just WONDERFUL!*.*
The pure marshmallow dream and still in pink!:D
If there is a fragrance that is comparable or could be in the designer area then I also recommend the Giorgio Armani Si Fiori, it smells very similar only with the only difference that is to smell the Si Fiori a creamy vanilla note with a slight marshmallow note.
The durability at Love is very good especially on my skin, I smell it until the next day on the clothes (scarf) still days long.
The sillage could be better, 5. hours and unfortunately no more.
I personally find that this fragrance smells just indescribably good!

It is addictive and is devinitiv a headturner;)) Especially if you like to stand out.
I personally find the Love don't be shy is perfect for an evening for two;))
It seduces and lets you dream at the same time.
But also for because output Love is perfect as I find:))
I would wear this fragrance only on special and special occasions, because it is also known unfortunately not cheap.
My grandfather is very enthusiastic about this fragrance and he could smell it every day :D
He finds that this fragrance is very feminine, seductive and yet also very daring his Meiunung after because he has never smelled a comparable fragrance like Love.
Betsi94
The other day in the supermarket
Had a craving for donuts, so took a shower and, probably due to my craving for sweets, quickly applied Kilians LDBS from a bottling, ready to go. Cold day, wearing an Ugly Christmas sweater and mind you, the calendar already shows mid-March. Donuts are in the cart, a middle-aged gentleman approaches me. "You smell delicious." - Thanks, Creepo. There's a couple one aisle over, and I stroll past them. "Whoa! Hey, what smells so good?" the young man asks his girlfriend, sniffing down the aisle, in the wrong direction. Arriving at the checkout, the two stand behind me, the guy excessively throwing pack after pack of gum onto the conveyor belt. "Hey I'm telling you, somebody's eating gum here, now I feel like it too!". He's not that wrong, I smell bubblegum myself rather than marshmallow.

Arriving home, in a food coma after four pastries, I order the bottle and know that this was the right decision
Oriental powdered sugar biscuits
I have exactly two signature fragrances that I wear 24/7 and LOVE.
The second is Kilian.
Admittedly, there's not really much that can be said about Kilian. I just love it.

He doesn't have a huge gradient and is pretty linear from sprayer 1 to the last point. At most, he gets a little warmer with his own body temperature.

For me, orange blossom, rose, sugar and marshmallow come out incredibly well.
All four notes also overwhelm you immediately and don't need to develop.
The perfume is sweet sweet sweet. Smells a bit like bubble gum, too.
Unlike Pink Sugar, for example, but this dessert is a visibly oriental sweet, that is clearly spicy / spicy -> Lokum.

One feels telepathiert in the oriental countries hin.
Where the thousand delicious local sweets are in their perfection powdered sugared on marshmallow fluff. Prepared with roses and orange blossom water...

Soooo yummy. This makes you smell like a running, warm, oriental snack! Look like a snack or ... be that snack. ;)
Connie
Love don't be shy vs Love don,t be shy extreme...
I have tested both fragrances and I would love to buy both scents immediately but my mind has slowed me down because the scents are not exactly cheap. So I decided first for the "normal" Love don't be shy for the only reason that is to get as Travelsize. The Extreme is only available in 50 ml and is not available in Travelsize ...

I find these two scents even quite different. The "normal" Love don,t be shy starts immediately with the orange blossom and very much Marsmallow. The scent is super sweet and irresistibly delicious.... After a while a very smoky vanilla comes out which is very very present. The vanilla seems almost dry until the scent goes 100% in the base, from then on the vanilla softens as the marshmallows really kick in now.... The scent stays sweet the whole time and hardly seems floral from the heart notes on, but more like a very sweet smoky vanilla/marshmallow scent. The scent to me is one of the most delicious scents in the truest sense of the word ever. The scent has a moderate sillage and is therefore in my opinion well wearable both during the day but also in the evening.... Durability is very good. 8 hours approximately although the fragrance after 3-4 hours skin becomes..

Love don,t be shy Extreme I have already rated separately but I give here briefly a résumé to explain the comparison.... The Extreme version starts very sweet but also very floral. The Bulgarian rose and the neroli, which is soft here, are both distinct. The rose is in the foreground though..It's a very velvety rose that's a bit powdery at the same time. From the heart notes, the marshmallows play a very big very present role here too.... No smoky vanilla appears in the extremes, the fragrance remains sugary sweet. If you imagine a very very dark red rose on a bed of warm marshmallows, you know roughly what the Extreme version smells like.... Durability is a bit better than the "normal" version, which is already a statement, because the "normal" has already a very good shelf life
Poetry and angel wings
Yesterday, the dear GirlofNow asked me that I had worn the Kilian "Love don't be shy" the other day. She read it on my profile and since she only knows the scent from descriptions, she asked me to write a comment about it, since she is also a big gourmand lover. I am very honored and hope that anyone reading this has a rough idea of it and can "feel" it a bit. However, with this perfume, I found it unusually difficult to describe it in the right words because it is simply beautiful and magical.

How did I even come to the fragrance?
A very nice perfumer has given me a sample of "Love don't be shy" to my ordered from her bunker bottle of my signature fragrance "La nuit Tresor a la folie" in addition. Thank you so much again :-)
I had never heard of the Kilian brand before. Shame on me, at first I thought it was some cheap perfume! :-D I didn't realize that I was holding the most expensive fragrance that ever crossed my path. So I blithely sprayed 2 spritzes into the air to test it. That must have been 5 euros dancing through the air! My first impression was "Lancome by Poeme in sweet!" I don't know how I got that association either, they are such different perfumes. But something in Kilian's DNA makes me think of "Poeme." This has been my mother's signature scent for as long as I can remember.
"Love don't be shy" doesn't go through much of a change on me, which I really like. It smells exquisite, expensive and a bit like luxury, but not arrogant, it's way too sweet for that.
Most I smell actually orange, marshmallow, vanilla and a hint of caramel, with the ingredients from an expensive manufacture and not from the discount store. Would be otherwise also bad, at THE price ^^
Slightly citrusy, beautifully gourmand, and every now and then a friendly rose winked at me. With me, it remains close to the body and has a medium durability.

Those were the hard facts, now comes my own personal, almost intimate association with the perfume:
I feel gently safe, wrapped in vanilla, powdery-sweet and orange sweetness, as if an angel embraces me. His large, soft wings tickle me lightly on the cheek, I press my face to his chest and he strokes my hair gently and tenderly. All around me it suddenly becomes bright, golden sunlight with pink iridescent speckles envelops me, around us an indescribably lovely, sweet scent. Suddenly I feel very light, a beautiful song resounds in my head, and my worries are suddenly very small. The angel gives me another short hug, smiles at me and then flies off again towards heaven. His scent, however, continues to float around me softly and delicately like a feather.

As I write this comment, the scales fall from my eyes as to why it reminds me of "Poeme": a mama is, after all, an angel in a way. She knows us even before we ourselves really know that we exist. She protects us, protects us, catches us and loves us idolatrously (at least that's how it should be, and I wish everyone to have such a mum). Mine, at least, often smelled like poeme and vanilla sugar because we did a lot of baking together. She was my home, my friend, and best comforter of all. For many reasons, our bond, once thick and unshakable, has become loose and decrepit. This is bad, and I will call her later. For angels without wings are called mama.

Ptsau
Not too sweet Marshmallow!
Love it! I got compliments with it. It last pretty long on my skin, 8+ hours. The only thing I can complain is the projection is only weak to moderate. Only project about 2 feet. Black Phantom is still slightly better because it has better performance (last 9+ hours and moderate projection about arm length) but Love still blow my mind.
Scents of the I
I've actually become extremely "comment lazy" over the past few months, but this scent was still kind of worth it to me.
Maybe because I had the feeling, it was not yet all said (which it probably already was, for so overly enlightening I hold my contributions namely not ;-))
Anyway, some time ago I extremely downsized my collection. By that I mean I passed on a good 40 flacons.
Given away to friends and family, or simply sold. This was mainly because I had to admit to myself: own (hoard?) is fine, but how happy it makes me in the end? Only a fraction of the collection I actually carried out regularly, the others I just wanted to have. I liked them, even admired them - but never wore them. At some point I just couldn't stand this "waste" anymore. Rather I give them to people who actually know how to appreciate them (by using them more often after all).

Has crystallized for me quite clearly: the fragrances that I really feel as "me", originate from the division "sweet, cheerful, sugary and most often pink".
Mon Guerlain, Shalimar initial or Coco Mademoiselle intense - I do not need much more. And yet I have been longing for something new. A fragrance that fits that description (so I actually use it!), but still brings one more variable to my fragrance collection. The sweetness was important to me, a floral counterplay and just that certain girly playfulness. Without smelling completely like a 15 year old teen girl. After several days of research, I came across this Kilian and was on fire to test it. Luckily, the Breuninger store with its exclusive range is right around my corner, and even luckier that the gentleman at the Kilian booth was barely older than me and super casual. In fact, I often feel very uncomfortable among the classic luxury department store clientele. Often also because the employees make you feel a little out of place (I look a good 10 years younger than I actually am).

Anyway, I could test the fragrance without much rumdrucksen and sweating.

My former me would have probably immediately struck - because the first impression has positively blown me away.
Extremely loud and floral, with an extremely concise orange blossom note that reminds me a lot of Classique (which triggers strong memories of a deceased loved one in me). The whole thing, of course, has a sweet-sugary undercurrent, with slight hints of popcorn and strawberry jam (Miss Dior Cherie hints?) So definitely girly, but also a bit sexy. As it progresses (because I prudently left for home and let a few days pass!) the scent becomes much quieter and dimmer, the sweetness becomes melty and fluffy, not so "crispy". Maybe it's also the amber that provides this special melting - hard to say, because otherwise I know it more in connection with less "pink" fragrances. The scent progression of "Love, don't be shy" is not particularly complex. You get exactly what you are presented with in louder at the beginning. No surprises, no hooks, no deviations. Kind of likeably "direct and honest." I like that!
Long story short: even after several days of evaluation and outside exposure to the steep price, I came to the conclusion that this fragrance would be worth adding to my collection. It meets all my criteria that make it "wearable" for me on a regular basis. I have the feeling, he is an extension of me and my personal Duftaura - just exactly what I would like to limit myself to in the meantime.
And what can I say: since purchase I have actually worn it every day without exception!
MsPerfume
Icing sugar in the flacon
My headline actually says a lot. But I'd like to allow myself a detailed comment, especially since a perfume in this fragrance and price category deserves it.
After I saw and heard several positive comments in the community here, from influencers and the media hype about the perfume, (For those who still don't know: obviously this is the signature scent of Rihanna, which everyone praises in the highest tones), I decided to order a sample. I had already tried several scents by Kilian, including Rolling in Love, and found most of them interesting, but not particularly wearable, let alone suitable for everyday use. So Kilian fragrances remained rather unusual for me than wearable.
However, when I tried this fragrance, my attitude changed a little bit.
My sample came in a small package that I had been expecting with great anticipation. Nevertheless, I did not want to expect too much, as the scent was described as consistently sweet and I am not exactly a fan of sweet or even gourmand scents. Thus, I took the parcel from the mail box and went to the flat. Already during the opening, I noticed that something leaked that proved to be practical, as by this way, the extremely positive first impression went straight into my nose. I first noticed something very floral and at the same time extraordinary. So the floral is by no means mainstream floral, but rather very pleasant and well coordinated at first. When spraying it on I noticed one thing in addition to the floral: the sweetness! The fragrance is sweet in its highest form, you should know that. To my own astonishment I liked it very much anyway. Normally I turn away if even a touch of overdosed sweetness comes to my nose, but not so with this scent. I couldn't stop smelling my arm at first. I was already more than convinced of the start. After a few minutes the scent developed the well-known chewing gum note that I detest so much. I thought to myself: No, please don't. The prelude was so great and now THAT?!
I waited and waited and the gum wouldn't go away..
Until some time later I could finally perceive another scent. The gum had warped and now I smelled powder. Delicious, vanilla-scented powder. Still a bit strong and sweet, also sometimes less and sometimes more smoky. This is probably the marshmallows, especially since the smoky one could also be described as roasted.
The powder reminds me of the sweeter Kenzo- fragrances and of Classique from JPG. But the Kilian scent still has something floral in the powder, which remains subliminal. The smoky also distinguishes it from other powder scents, especially since I had never smelled this combination before The powdery note remains for quite a while and at this point I would like to praise the incredible durability of this fragrance. The fragrance really lasts forever! My fingers still smelled of the fragrance after many hours and several hand washes.

Conclusion: The prelude is sweet-floral, no mainstream sweet and definitely exclusive. The progression goes from synthetic chewing gum-like to a warm, sweetish-powdery note, which is very pleasant and lasts for a long time. This is accompanied by a very nice smoky and roasty scent I certainly do not classify the fragrance as suitable for everyday use, especially as it is too sweet for me during the day. On the other hand, it fits perfectly into a special evening in autumn or winter. Also very recommendable at home for spraying on, cuddling and feeling good:))
For me, definitely a good mood maker!

Another tip for those who avoid too sweet in everyday life, but like slightly sweet scents:
Just spray the fragrance the evening before or a few hours before going out, then it will sit nicely and is not too sweet anymore :)

ManaMana 8 months ago
true love! feminine, pretty, youthful, gourmand, intoxicating, sexy.. my forever favorite perfume.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Orange blossom, honeysuckle and marshmallow combining to create a very sweet, overpowering neroli accord.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Sweet like crazy neroli.Sweet,sweet,thick and sweet.Maybe if i really concentrate i can actually smell jasmine,but the sweetness kills it.

by Mire
by Mcgeitner
by Gallerph
by Gallerph

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian