Love Don't Be Shy 2007 Perfume

Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Orange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute
HoneysuckleHoneysuckle
RoseRose
MarshmallowMarshmallow
AmberAmber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.09.2021.

IcekatIcekat 9 years ago

„Marshmallow Bomb”

When the cold weather rolls in, I have an irresistible urge to wear sweet and cozy scents. Love by Kilian is super sweet and could be rightfully called a sugar...
SherapopSherapop 9 years ago

„A Quasi-Celebrity Niche Perfume”

By Kilian LOVE is a ridiculously sweet perfume. Had I tested this one blind, I'm sure that I would have guessed that it was launched by the house...

What Love used to be?!
Undoubtedly the symbol of femininity and sublime happiness, with an aroma that instantly brings a smile on your face, Love by Kilian is an opulent and sophisticated fragrance, a lush floral created around the orange blossom, one of the most courted ingredients in modern perfumery. .
Dressed in notes of fluffy and sweet marshmallows, painted with a hint of delightful and playful honeysuckle in combination with delicate amber accords, Love by Kilian invites you to know it better, to wear it and feel every delicate note, full of emotion and sensitivity, with the promise that you will enjoy it throughout the day.

Now,i am talking about the old formulation,the red liquid one in the black bottle,the one that was literally enveloping an entire room with just one spray. I have no idea how the performances are now,with the current white bottle ,but boy the old one was a dream.

Try not to be too disappointed if the differences are ...well ...different.

Newly in love
Admittedly, Kilian fragrances have not really interested me until now, I knew that they exist, logically, we are finally here at Parfumo, I have the one or the other of the spherical things with the unpronounceable names at the Douglas also already tested, but they are not particularly remembered me.
Then I stumbled by chance in the forum on a thread that had this fragrance on the subject and have then looked at the reviews and statements.
As luck would have it, there was also a sharing of the fragrance, in which I immediately participated, although the fragrance does not correspond to my powdery Beuteschema.
When I held the bottling in hands and sprayed for the first time, it was done around me, I had fallen in love bang on!
This combination of bubble gum, orange blossom and marshmallows is just addictive. More than that I actually also do not smell, with a lot of good will maybe the honeysuckle, but that's it. And the rose fortunately doesn't show up on me at all. A course I can also not really make out, what you spray is what you get ;-), so to speak!
Where perhaps still worth mentioning would be, if then namely a few hours have passed, a beautiful vanilla comes to the fore, slightly powdery, where we would be then but again with my Beuteschema.
After I have almost used up the filling in record time, I have me, after careful consideration, a bottle as a belated birthday gift treated!
For me a must .....
A note of vanilla, oud, musk... A fragrance that lingers in the memory and awakens memories... Sweet , Oriental, Dominant... evokes a comfort, familiarity... very Original.......
"Love, Don't Be Shy" couldn't be a more appropriate name for it - this is by far the most sensual, seductive smelling perfume I've ever tried and I can't get enough of it. I read that the vision was to create a fragrance that "made you want to take a bite out of your partner" and it was 100% a success. It has notes of orange blossom, vanilla, and luscious marshmallow that all come together to make you feel like your sexiest self. This is the date night perfume. You put it on to feel like a bad boy right away. This scent is very long lasting yet not overpowering. I spray it on my pulse points and can still smell it clearly hours later. I'm pretty sensitive to strong floral perfumes (I get headaches) and I think the blend of marshmallow and vanilla softens this enough. It just smells decadent without slapping you in the face with fragrance. The packaging is luxurious - I got the travel size and it comes in a nicely weighted glass vaporizer that is packaged in a velvet lined box. This is definitely a luxury perfume and the price reflects that, but I feel like you get your money's worth given the stunning scent and long wear time. If you only reserve it for dates and special occasions like me, it should last you a very long time. I will definitely buy the fragrance again ,once the bottle runs out.
Sweet happy marshmallow
A nice "Pffft" on the wrist is quickly sprayed. But what is it? I mean, it... it says the top note is mostly orange blossom absolute. But what orange blossom absolute in the world smells SO sweet?! Well, I think this is where "the marshmallow" does the trick. I notice it from the beginning, even if only in the background. After a few minutes, it smells less floral to me, more marshmallowy. I know, there is no such word. So what.

As the scent completely unfolds, I smell: strawberry marshmallows! Namely, the ones you could get in Florida (and I'm sure some other states) in the 2000s at any Wallmart in the red and white 1-KG bag.
Possibly why I associate this perfume with "happy vibes".

And yes, I said the perfume was very sweet. It is. Nevertheless, not to compare with sweet perfumes such as "candy", "Scandal" and how they are all called. Because with those, the sweetness gums up my nose. In an unpleasant way. With this Kilian, that doesn't happen. Because the sweetness is rather subtle, although present.

Good mood pleasing? Then "pfft" "pfft", don`t be shy and love it!

LOVE!
I like sweet, floral scents. Honey, syrupy sweetness is not my thing but pudgy, caramel. Fresh jasmine I also like as in Pure Poison. In Love I smell something like jasmine with biscchen sticky sweetness and still a lot of powdered sugar. It grinds an image in my head like a basket of fresh jasmine still with water drops and lots of powdered sugar on top!
Silviariecht
Orange blossom - sweet and sexy
I've never been a big fan of orange blossom scents.
I'm also not a Rihanna fan.
Until this fragrance fell into my hands.
Orange blossom is very sweet, but not too heavy or even sticky. More like candid blossoms.
I think it's sexy but fun in the process. I wear him to go out, the sillage is strong enough to be noticed even in a crowded bar or club, but is not intrusive.
For me definitely suitable for the colder seasons. In summer, it would be too sweet for me.
Well in summary, since ldbs I like orange blossom. Rhianna fan I am but still not :)
I feel like Rihanna
As I hope you all know, Love Don't Be Shy by Kilian is Rihanna's signature fragrance. Already as Rihanna fan No.1 Love Don't Be Shy had to be a part of my perfume collection.
Unfortunately, since the perfume stores are closed and I don't have the chance to test it, I had to make a risky decision. I will blind order it! YES!!! i am ordering a 50ml bottle worth 200 euros. BLIND! OFF TO THE SHOPPING BIN! ohjeeee Rihanna! what situations you always get me into....! The question everyone is probably asking now.... Has Rihanna disappointed me? I'll tell you in a minute. :D I have another very interesting story for you, what happened during the shipping time of Love Don't Be Shy, so all spontaneous.

While I was with literally, watching all of YouTube of Love Don't Be Shy reviews, my excitement grew and grew. I was almost freaking out.
The next day I had to go to Switzerland, Zurich, on business. I really wanted to go to one of those great shopping malls of Zurich. While I was trying out all the fragrances in the designer corner, I didn't even have Love Don't Be Shy in mind. Generally Kilian fragrances. While I was tearing apart the Designer Corner. It was the niche's turn! What do I start with first, I asked myself the question. Mentally, I sang off every niche brand on the signs. Toooom Ford, Amoooouage, Kiliannnn whatsssss? Kilian? Here? I walked with a quick step to the Kilian counter.
I could already see Love Don't Be Shy winking at me. I wondered, should I spray it on? Yes or No. The excitement would be gone. Still, I wanted to try it out.
The employee asked if I wanted to test it. Without much thought, I said yes. YEAH!
While she sprayed the scent on a scent strip for me, I talked about how I'm a huge Rihanna fan and that the scent is Rihanna's signature scent. Zero excited and a bit annoyed. She answered, "Yes, I know, but the fragrance has been around for a while. And the scent is special What I thought to myself. can you actually think. :D

Now to the fragrance. It came first a breath of the orange blossom, coated with the marshmallow. Noble marshmallow! In a short while the amber comes in, giving the scent a certain warmth. It got me hooked, I had to smell it all the time. After 3 hours, I noticed the marshmallows with the amber. Me being a rose hater, I think the rose was used well in this scent. The rose adds a fresh note to the warm sweet note. Among other things long lasting and a compliments catcher! The whole day this fragrance is a good companion.

On the whole, Rihanna has not disappointed me, a beautiful gourmand with great durability. and all in a beautiful bottle.
Sweethearts
The scent is sugary sweet. It really just smells like marshmallow - sugar cream or something and I love it. People who don't like linear scents and very sweet ones at that, I would advise against this scent, but I love the pleasant scent cloud that I notice myself all day and the cuddly feeling you get from it. 10/10 recommend
LS5
What Love by Kilian and my dog have in common...
Actually, I wanted to dedicate my first review to another fragrance, but with Kilian Love I had my most "extreme" experience so far.

First of all, I love this fragrance. Marshmallow orange blossom powder dream. Very very sweet but, when dosed well, very light, like a fluffy cape. Sexy. It doesn't have a stark progression, gets vll a little more vanilla and softer in the drydown. It has something fresh about it, but only in the top note and only subtly. Despite the sweetness it has something "clean" about it. Bathed in orange blossom rose milk and sugared with marshmallow powder. Yes, that's what it smells like to me!

Now for my experience:
In the current times of home office, I can test fragrances without restraint. Every now and then I'm in the office and am happy when I can run my favorite fragrances also times. It was that time again and I decided to wear Kilian's Love. Of course, only very discreetly, you do not want to get on anyone's nerves.
My two sprays in the morning had not lasted until closing time, of course, but I had my sample with me and said to myself: oh come before the train ride spray yourself again properly, through the masks no one smells that anyway. Until then I thought, the good Kilian is delicious, but a bit weak on the chest. I should soon be taught otherwise.

So I on the way to the train and already thought: Hui, so strong I have never perceived you myself, my love! Also my dog made 2-3 sneezing noises, but I paid little attention to that, he makes after all, when he is outraged about something (the last piece of cheese, for example, that does not go into his mouth).

Anyway. I'm on the still empty train, which is getting more and more crowded. Usually there are either the people who sit near me because they think the dog is so cute, or those who are afraid of him and find a seat in another compartment (quick info: my dog weighs 4kilos and has certain similarities to Chubaka).
Back to said train ride: soon I realized, even through my mask, that I had definitely sprayed too much. I hoped no one else noticed (haha) but the spectacle was already starting: there was a lot of space near me. you noticed people stopped for a second but something seemed to bother them, 2 people said something like : Ui Ui Ui, puhh and kept walking. I kept hoping people couldn't make out the source of the scent (haha).
After a few people passed me, I seriously considered getting off for a bit and "venting" a bit before catching the next train. Well, that was done because the train didn't stop anymore. Ok, you have to go through it now I thought. It's not the worst thing with increasing corona numbers when no one is sitting around you. Look on the bright side.

The moment of exit was getting closer and closer, and I knew I just had to manage to get down the aisle as inconspicuously as possible. Worked out great: laptop bag constantly bumping into someone, the dog sniffing and staring at everything, and me with my orange blossom rose marshmallow scented wall.

Finally, my stopping point was already in sight, a few moments and I could put all these people out of this
Misery. Then a woman spoke to me from behind and I thought: she will stick you now nicely, that you pest the complete air in the train.
But she had only two questions:
What breed the dog was, that would be so cute. And what perfume I would wear, she had never smelled anything so fine.
I would have actually cried and laughed out loud with relief and joy.

Love don't be shy by Kilian- an insane scent that is just like my dog: flashy, playful, and when he's over it, pretty annoying. I love them both!

I'm on cloud nine.....
It's been a long time since I wrote a comment here on Parfumo....
Admittedly, I had a lot on my mind and was glad to have an hour to myself to come down and get a clear head....
Be that as it may, although I had so much around the ears, I diligently tested my samples / muesli that I had at home.
But never could surprise me one until now...
Until I heard that there is THE BEST marshmallow fragrance at Kilian:))
As many here know I LOVE good gourmand fragrances and exactly that I did not want to miss!;))))
Immediately I ordered a small filling of it and waited curiously for my package:))
Two days later, my long-awaited bottling finally arrived:)
I was on fire but I had promised my grandfather to test this fragrance together with him.
So he finally came and he was just as curious as I about this fragrance:))
I was afraid at the beginning that it could smell like Pink Sugar...
But thank God this was not the case.
I gave two sprays on my wrist and I was immediately captivated by this scent!
I was at that moment on cloud 7 :D
Also my grandfather was just like me captivated by this fragrance!:D
He said you can't keep your nose off this scent once you've smelled it, however right he is!*.*
The whole living room smelled like marshmallow for an hour:D
Kind of sad and a pity at the same time that I have only now learned of this magic scent, which surprised me personally but also a little annoyed at the same time!
My grandfather said, he finds Love don't be shy almost better than the La nuit tresor and yes I was discreetly speechless but also shocked!
But I remain faithful to my baby;) Although I'm every time on cloud.7 when I smell Love!*.*
Also, I have to admit that I've been looking for a marshmallow scent for a while, one that doesn't smell synthetic or cheap. So far, only the sweet like candy of Ariana Grande could convince me but even here I smell the berry notes sometimes more intense as the marshmallow note.
But finally I have discovered this, treasure after which I have searched soooo long!:))
Let's start with the most beautiful part and that is the fragrance description:)
The fragrance...
already in the top note I smell the marshmallow note intensively through.
The orange blossom is only the first half hour present after that I do not smell it anymore.
Many marshmallow or even cotton candy scents smell unfortunately just like burnt sugar or much worse still extremely synthetic and exactly that is NOT the case with the Love don't be shy!
It is a beautiful pink fluffy but also creamy marshmallow cloud that really dominates from spraying on to towards the end of the fragrance beautifully.
The rose note so feminine, powdery, juicy and at the same time so delicate and beautiful unfolds from hour to hour more and more and lets me dream again and again.
With the time the rose unites perfectly and harmoniously at the same time with the marshmallow note what is art in my opinion!
After two good hours, the marshmallow note gets creamier and warmer....
It is just WONDERFUL!*.*
The pure marshmallow dream and still in pink!:D
If there is a fragrance that is comparable or could be in the designer area then I also recommend the Giorgio Armani Si Fiori, it smells very similar only with the only difference that is to smell the Si Fiori a creamy vanilla note with a slight marshmallow note.
The durability at Love is very good especially on my skin, I smell it until the next day on the clothes (scarf) still days long.
The sillage could be better, 5. hours and unfortunately no more.
I personally find that this fragrance smells just indescribably good!

It is addictive and is devinitiv a headturner;)) Especially if you like to stand out.
I personally find the Love don't be shy is perfect for an evening for two;))
It seduces and lets you dream at the same time.
But also for because output Love is perfect as I find:))
I would wear this fragrance only on special and special occasions, because it is also known unfortunately not cheap.
My grandfather is very enthusiastic about this fragrance and he could smell it every day :D
He finds that this fragrance is very feminine, seductive and yet also very daring his Meiunung after because he has never smelled a comparable fragrance like Love.

ManaMana 1 year ago
true love! feminine, pretty, youthful, gourmand, intoxicating, sexy.. my forever favorite perfume.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Orange blossom, honeysuckle and marshmallow combining to create a very sweet, overpowering neroli accord.

by Mire
by Mcgeitner
by ItsFrancesco
by ItsFrancesco

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Love the way you Taste by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian