Love (2007)

Love by Kilian
Bottle Design: Carré Basset
Love (Kilian)
Love (Kilian)

Love is a perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Calice Becker

Orange blossom absolute, Honeysuckle, Rose, Marshmallow, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.01.2019

IcekatIcekat 6 years ago

„Marshmallow Bomb”

SherapopSherapop 7 years ago

„A Quasi-Celebrity Niche Perfume”

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Tar
Love – Don’t Be Shy
How could you be shy while wearing this fragrance? One does not have to be a dog to track you down along the threads of this scent...

Neroli as top note? That would be a so-called „shy, tentative kiss given by fresh lips” – as it is written on the page of one seller. Pure and poor theory.
Do not bother with neroli, do not waste even a slight thought for it.
It can not do anything against the flood of jasmine and vanille, so freshness is absolutely not present here. The perfume is strong, stable, forms a wall around you, a wall of self-esteem and a bit violent kind of flirt. LOVE is indiscreet and tactless. Completely feminine.

Upon the waves of sweetness there is a weird, floating odor, most probably iris and vanille made an alliance against sobriety. The weirdness is the same kind as in VANILLE ABSOLUMENT, but executed in much higher quality.

The base: less jasmine, stable vanille. Musk is trying to push the fragrance towards demureness. Sorry, dear Musk, maybe another time, LOVE and love does not need too much rationality.

- Age: does not matter, just be enough brave to wear.
- Gender: woman!
- Season: summer. Such a strong and sweet perfume together with those who contain oud, are meant for heat.
- Warning: the liquid has an intensive red color, that can leave stains on your clothes, so portion it only on skin.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Marshmallow Bomb
When the cold weather rolls in, I have an irresistible urge to wear sweet and cozy scents. Love by Kilian is super sweet and could be rightfully called a sugar bomb filled with marshmallows, vanilla and all things sweet. It is fluffy, delicious, and a bit over the top. It reminds me of an enormous, over-decorated wedding cake with creamy frosting and cute cherubs.

There are flowers in this frosted, sugared bouquet but they are so much covered in sweetness that I barely can smell them. However, what I really like about this perfume is how smooth, creamy, and natural smelling it is. I own many overly sweet perfumes including tons of celebrity ones. The main difference between those one and Love by Kilian is the quality. I find that synthetic loudness of many celebrity scents are getting on my nerves, so though I do love perfumes with super sweet personality, I cannot bear to wear most of them. Love by Kilian is a different story. I love wearing it and it lasts for at least 10 hours on me.

Is it worth a hefty price tag? Still not sure. I would have liked to see more complexity in the dry down phase of this scent, something that would make it more dimensional and exciting instead of just a straightforward marshmallow vanilla. But it is still a lovely fragrance to wear and my rating is based on its comparison to other fragrances in this category. Overall score is 7.5/10.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 3.0/10
A Quasi-Celebrity Niche Perfume
By Kilian LOVE is a ridiculously sweet perfume. Had I tested this one blind, I'm sure that I would have guessed that it was launched by the house of Britney Spears. But no, it's a hoity-toity niche perfume which costs ten times the price of any celebrity scent.

The aesthetic of this composition is reminiscent of the house of Laurence Dumont, specifically the Senteurs Gourmandes collection (which, by the way, also cost a small fraction of this). Very, very sweet. Did I mention that this is sweet? Spun sugar flavored with vanilla is really the take away to my nose.

I cannot really recommend this perfume because, although it does smell natural, from start to finish, it seems too much like a dessert which could very well induce a diabetic coma. I simply cannot think of any good reason for buying LOVE given the panoply of similar fragrances, often associated with celebrities' names, available today.

For those who crave this level of sweetness in a natural-smelling perfume, I highly recommend that you investigate the house of Laurence Dumont.
Scent 1.0/10
stale bubblegum
I love vanilla, and this has a strong vanilla note. However, it also has a putrid stale-bubblegum note on me that comes pretty close to making me retch. I hoped it would pass but, after an hour of trying to breathe through my mouth (how sophisticated I looked!), I gave up, scrubbed my arm, and sprayed some Sula Vanilla Blossom on top of it to cancel out the residual smell. I try to give perfumes at least 2 tries, but this was one of my once-and-out ones. (072209)

Lexa 2 years ago
Sweet like crazy neroli.Sweet,sweet,thick and sweet.Maybe if i really concentrate i can actually smell jasmine,but the sweetness kills it.
Bottle 10.0

• by Schili by Schili
  • by Schili by Schili
  • by Mcgeitner by Mcgeitner

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian