Love Don't Be Shy 2007 Perfume

Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Orange blossom absoluteOrange blossom absolute HoneysuckleHoneysuckle RoseRose MarshmallowMarshmallow AmberAmber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.05.2022.

PtsauPtsau 1 year ago
Love it! I got compliments with it. It last pretty long on my skin, 8+ hours. The only thing I can complain is the projection is only weak to moderate....
PBullFriendPBullFriend 10 years ago
I love vanilla, and this has a strong vanilla note. However, it also has a putrid stale-bubblegum note on me that comes pretty close to making me retch. I hoped...
Surprise kiss ?
This perfume is pure magic! It is worth to enjoy it. It is a blend of honey juice of white flowers, sugar and citrus. It starts fresh with some neroli blossoms and honeysuckle and you can hear the bees chirping as they visit. Extremely extremely natural and pleasant, it quickly gets some additions of sugar and caramel, resulting in an irresistible floral-sweet composition with a meringue scent. The perfume will please those who wear slightly sweet and seductive aromas. It kind of confuses you, but makes it pleasant, like a kiss that surprises you.
Lilitu
Like a spider in a web....
Why should I spend more than 100 EUR for a fragrance? A legitimate question. And somehow I can not think of anything reasonable. Except because I just like the fragrance sooo much and I absolutely have to have it. I know that sounds stupid. But that's the way it is.

Only recently I give in to my love of expensive fragrances. Previously, with a few exceptions, the cheap to medium-priced fragrances were enough for me. With it I was fully content. But in the Corona-zeiten has just this one special virus grabbed me. It has no name. Or does it? However, one symptom is particularly pronounced. This mysterious symptom is putting a serious strain on my wallet
Nonetheless, buying one of these expensive perfumes blindly is something I think twice about, though. With "Athalia" I had well researched and additionally lucky.

With LDBS, I was able to approach the original via a fragrance twin. The fragrance twin has me so absolutely flashed that I wanted in addition absolutely the original. Not just a small bottling. No, that wasn't enough for me. I wanted more than a few mililiters. First, I started looking at the usual online stores. Via the internet I informed myself about online shops that were unknown to me until then. I sorted out the dubious shops. Learned which shops came into question. But in vain. Everything was too expensive. So I lay in wait and armed myself with patience, with a lot of patience.

And since that was too boring for me, I tried out other fragrances in the meantime - bought some of them or not. In the back of my mind, however, this desire fragrance continued to haunt.

I began like a spider to weave an elaborate web of the various possibilities to try and test fragrances. Individual threads led me to other perfumes and newly discovered shopping opportunities. I discovered Parfumo, Fragrantica, and more. Followed other perfume maniacs on YouTube and waited.

I waited like a spider in a web. I waited for my opportunity - my chance to strike. And a few days ago, I discovered Kilian's Refills on sale. A quick search on YouTube and I knew I could handle the refill.

Sorry. I'm not a bottle lover. I'm only interested in the contents. Of course, a pretty bottle is something for the eye. But the bottle for LDBS is not really extraordinary now. And the refill was on sale. That's it. I bought it. Lightning fast and now I finally hold LDBS in my hands.

A little bit of this drizzled on my wrist and off I go. Wow. First, a cloud of orange blossom knocks me out first. Overkill Orange Blossom. The start is much more intense than the fragrance twin. Now, this is what you mean by orange blossom absolute - a true floral. Fierce - just barely scraped the edge of a headache. Wow, yet wonderful. I sniff carefully further.

How honeysuckle smells, I do not know. Erschnuppern I can after a few minutes a dark rose blossom and a strong sweetness - probably the marshmallow note. It's not until quite late that the amber comes through. Carefully it encloses the still present orange blossom, the rose and the warm sweetness. Now it's like a tender embrace. From overkill to a tender embrace.

After that, I don't notice much development. But that does not matter. Because the fragrance melange that remains is simply heavenly. Although heavenly is the wrong word. Because LDBS is darker for me - not deep dark, there are other candidates. But mysterious on the finish, like a full moon night with lots of twinkling stars in the firmament, giving enough light to bathe the surroundings in a mysterious play of shadows. The outline of the orange tree casts a long shadow. The blossoms open once more in the full moonlight, exuding that lovely heavy sweetness. I stop and close my eyes, reveling in that sweetness. Once again, I can't stop sniffing my wrist. Hmm, so delicious.

Conclusion:
A flash purchase that I do not regret. Price cheaper than the normal bottle. Through my research bzgl. LDBS I have only become aware of how much I love orange blossoms. LDBS is not the only orange blossom scent in my collection. There are more on my watch list/wish list. However, LDBS is definitely one of my favorites!

What Love used to be?!
Undoubtedly the symbol of femininity and sublime happiness, with an aroma that instantly brings a smile on your face, Love by Kilian is an opulent and sophisticated fragrance, a lush floral created around the orange blossom, one of the most courted ingredients in modern perfumery. .
Dressed in notes of fluffy and sweet marshmallows, painted with a hint of delightful and playful honeysuckle in combination with delicate amber accords, Love by Kilian invites you to know it better, to wear it and feel every delicate note, full of emotion and sensitivity, with the promise that you will enjoy it throughout the day.

Now,i am talking about the old formulation,the red liquid one in the black bottle,the one that was literally enveloping an entire room with just one spray. I have no idea how the performances are now,with the current white bottle ,but boy the old one was a dream.

Try not to be too disappointed if the differences are ...well ...different.

Newly in love
Admittedly, Kilian fragrances have not really interested me until now, I knew that they exist, logically, we are finally here at Parfumo, I have the one or the other of the spherical things with the unpronounceable names at the Douglas also already tested, but they are not particularly remembered me.
Then I stumbled by chance in the forum on a thread that had this fragrance on the subject and have then looked at the reviews and statements.
As luck would have it, there was also a sharing of the fragrance, in which I immediately participated, although the fragrance does not correspond to my powdery Beuteschema.
When I held the bottling in hands and sprayed for the first time, it was done around me, I had fallen in love bang on!
This combination of bubble gum, orange blossom and marshmallows is just addictive. More than that I actually also do not smell, with a lot of good will maybe the honeysuckle, but that's it. And the rose fortunately doesn't show up on me at all. A course I can also not really make out, what you spray is what you get ;-), so to speak!
Where perhaps still worth mentioning would be, if then namely a few hours have passed, a beautiful vanilla comes to the fore, slightly powdery, where we would be then but again with my Beuteschema.
After I have almost used up the filling in record time, I have me, after careful consideration, a bottle as a belated birthday gift treated!
Sweet happy marshmallow
A nice "Pffft" on the wrist is quickly sprayed. But what is it? I mean, it... it says the top note is mostly orange blossom absolute. But what orange blossom absolute in the world smells SO sweet?! Well, I think this is where "the marshmallow" does the trick. I notice it from the beginning, even if only in the background. After a few minutes, it smells less floral to me, more marshmallowy. I know, there is no such word. So what.

As the scent completely unfolds, I smell: strawberry marshmallows! Namely, the ones you could get in Florida (and I'm sure some other states) in the 2000s at any Wallmart in the red and white 1-KG bag.
Possibly why I associate this perfume with "happy vibes".

And yes, I said the perfume was very sweet. It is. Nevertheless, not to compare with sweet perfumes such as "candy", "Scandal" and how they are all called. Because with those, the sweetness gums up my nose. In an unpleasant way. With this Kilian, that doesn't happen. Because the sweetness is rather subtle, although present.

Good mood pleasing? Then "pfft" "pfft", don`t be shy and love it!

LOVE!
I like sweet, floral scents. Honey, syrupy sweetness is not my thing but pudgy, caramel. Fresh jasmine I also like as in Pure Poison. In Love I smell something like jasmine with biscchen sticky sweetness and still a lot of powdered sugar. It grinds an image in my head like a basket of fresh jasmine still with water drops and lots of powdered sugar on top!
Silviariecht
Orange blossom - sweet and sexy
I've never been a big fan of orange blossom scents.
I'm also not a Rihanna fan.
Until this fragrance fell into my hands.
Orange blossom is very sweet, but not too heavy or even sticky. More like candid blossoms.
I think it's sexy but fun in the process. I wear him to go out, the sillage is strong enough to be noticed even in a crowded bar or club, but is not intrusive.
For me definitely suitable for the colder seasons. In summer, it would be too sweet for me.
Well in summary, since ldbs I like orange blossom. Rhianna fan I am but still not :)
I feel like Rihanna
As I hope you all know, Love Don't Be Shy by Kilian is Rihanna's signature fragrance. Already as Rihanna fan No.1 Love Don't Be Shy had to be a part of my perfume collection.
Unfortunately, since the perfume stores are closed and I don't have the chance to test it, I had to make a risky decision. I will blind order it! YES!!! i am ordering a 50ml bottle worth 200 euros. BLIND! OFF TO THE SHOPPING BIN! ohjeeee Rihanna! what situations you always get me into....! The question everyone is probably asking now.... Has Rihanna disappointed me? I'll tell you in a minute. :D I have another very interesting story for you, what happened during the shipping time of Love Don't Be Shy, so all spontaneous.

While I was with literally, watching all of YouTube of Love Don't Be Shy reviews, my excitement grew and grew. I was almost freaking out.
The next day I had to go to Switzerland, Zurich, on business. I really wanted to go to one of those great shopping malls of Zurich. While I was trying out all the fragrances in the designer corner, I didn't even have Love Don't Be Shy in mind. Generally Kilian fragrances. While I was tearing apart the Designer Corner. It was the niche's turn! What do I start with first, I asked myself the question. Mentally, I sang off every niche brand on the signs. Toooom Ford, Amoooouage, Kiliannnn whatsssss? Kilian? Here? I walked with a quick step to the Kilian counter.
I could already see Love Don't Be Shy winking at me. I wondered, should I spray it on? Yes or No. The excitement would be gone. Still, I wanted to try it out.
The employee asked if I wanted to test it. Without much thought, I said yes. YEAH!
While she sprayed the scent on a scent strip for me, I talked about how I'm a huge Rihanna fan and that the scent is Rihanna's signature scent. Zero excited and a bit annoyed. She answered, "Yes, I know, but the fragrance has been around for a while. And the scent is special What I thought to myself. can you actually think. :D

Now to the fragrance. It came first a breath of the orange blossom, coated with the marshmallow. Noble marshmallow! In a short while the amber comes in, giving the scent a certain warmth. It got me hooked, I had to smell it all the time. After 3 hours, I noticed the marshmallows with the amber. Me being a rose hater, I think the rose was used well in this scent. The rose adds a fresh note to the warm sweet note. Among other things long lasting and a compliments catcher! The whole day this fragrance is a good companion.

On the whole, Rihanna has not disappointed me, a beautiful gourmand with great durability. and all in a beautiful bottle.
LS5
What Love by Kilian and my dog have in common...
Actually, I wanted to dedicate my first review to another fragrance, but with Kilian Love I had my most "extreme" experience so far.

First of all, I love this fragrance. Marshmallow orange blossom powder dream. Very very sweet but, when dosed well, very light, like a fluffy cape. Sexy. It doesn't have a stark progression, gets vll a little more vanilla and softer in the drydown. It has something fresh about it, but only in the top note and only subtly. Despite the sweetness it has something "clean" about it. Bathed in orange blossom rose milk and sugared with marshmallow powder. Yes, that's what it smells like to me!

Now for my experience:
In the current times of home office, I can test fragrances without restraint. Every now and then I'm in the office and am happy when I can run my favorite fragrances also times. It was that time again and I decided to wear Kilian's Love. Of course, only very discreetly, you do not want to get on anyone's nerves.
My two sprays in the morning had not lasted until closing time, of course, but I had my sample with me and said to myself: oh come before the train ride spray yourself again properly, through the masks no one smells that anyway. Until then I thought, the good Kilian is delicious, but a bit weak on the chest. I should soon be taught otherwise.

So I on the way to the train and already thought: Hui, so strong I have never perceived you myself, my love! Also my dog made 2-3 sneezing noises, but I paid little attention to that, he makes after all, when he is outraged about something (the last piece of cheese, for example, that does not go into his mouth).

Anyway. I'm on the still empty train, which is getting more and more crowded. Usually there are either the people who sit near me because they think the dog is so cute, or those who are afraid of him and find a seat in another compartment (quick info: my dog weighs 4kilos and has certain similarities to Chubaka).
Back to said train ride: soon I realized, even through my mask, that I had definitely sprayed too much. I hoped no one else noticed (haha) but the spectacle was already starting: there was a lot of space near me. you noticed people stopped for a second but something seemed to bother them, 2 people said something like : Ui Ui Ui, puhh and kept walking. I kept hoping people couldn't make out the source of the scent (haha).
After a few people passed me, I seriously considered getting off for a bit and "venting" a bit before catching the next train. Well, that was done because the train didn't stop anymore. Ok, you have to go through it now I thought. It's not the worst thing with increasing corona numbers when no one is sitting around you. Look on the bright side.

The moment of exit was getting closer and closer, and I knew I just had to manage to get down the aisle as inconspicuously as possible. Worked out great: laptop bag constantly bumping into someone, the dog sniffing and staring at everything, and me with my orange blossom rose marshmallow scented wall.

Finally, my stopping point was already in sight, a few moments and I could put all these people out of this
Misery. Then a woman spoke to me from behind and I thought: she will stick you now nicely, that you pest the complete air in the train.
But she had only two questions:
What breed the dog was, that would be so cute. And what perfume I would wear, she had never smelled anything so fine.
I would have actually cried and laughed out loud with relief and joy.

Love don't be shy by Kilian- an insane scent that is just like my dog: flashy, playful, and when he's over it, pretty annoying. I love them both!

I'm on cloud nine.....
It's been a long time since I wrote a comment here on Parfumo....
Admittedly, I had a lot on my mind and was glad to have an hour to myself to come down and get a clear head....
Be that as it may, although I had so much around the ears, I diligently tested my samples / muesli that I had at home.
But never could surprise me one until now...
Until I heard that there is THE BEST marshmallow fragrance at Kilian:))
As many here know I LOVE good gourmand fragrances and exactly that I did not want to miss!;))))
Immediately I ordered a small filling of it and waited curiously for my package:))
Two days later, my long-awaited bottling finally arrived:)
I was on fire but I had promised my grandfather to test this fragrance together with him.
So he finally came and he was just as curious as I about this fragrance:))
I was afraid at the beginning that it could smell like Pink Sugar...
But thank God this was not the case.
I gave two sprays on my wrist and I was immediately captivated by this scent!
I was at that moment on cloud 7 :D
Also my grandfather was just like me captivated by this fragrance!:D
He said you can't keep your nose off this scent once you've smelled it, however right he is!*.*
The whole living room smelled like marshmallow for an hour:D
Kind of sad and a pity at the same time that I have only now learned of this magic scent, which surprised me personally but also a little annoyed at the same time!
My grandfather said, he finds Love don't be shy almost better than the La nuit tresor and yes I was discreetly speechless but also shocked!
But I remain faithful to my baby;) Although I'm every time on cloud.7 when I smell Love!*.*
Also, I have to admit that I've been looking for a marshmallow scent for a while, one that doesn't smell synthetic or cheap. So far, only the sweet like candy of Ariana Grande could convince me but even here I smell the berry notes sometimes more intense as the marshmallow note.
But finally I have discovered this, treasure after which I have searched soooo long!:))
Let's start with the most beautiful part and that is the fragrance description:)
The fragrance...
already in the top note I smell the marshmallow note intensively through.
The orange blossom is only the first half hour present after that I do not smell it anymore.
Many marshmallow or even cotton candy scents smell unfortunately just like burnt sugar or much worse still extremely synthetic and exactly that is NOT the case with the Love don't be shy!
It is a beautiful pink fluffy but also creamy marshmallow cloud that really dominates from spraying on to towards the end of the fragrance beautifully.
The rose note so feminine, powdery, juicy and at the same time so delicate and beautiful unfolds from hour to hour more and more and lets me dream again and again.
With the time the rose unites perfectly and harmoniously at the same time with the marshmallow note what is art in my opinion!
After two good hours, the marshmallow note gets creamier and warmer....
It is just WONDERFUL!*.*
The pure marshmallow dream and still in pink!:D
If there is a fragrance that is comparable or could be in the designer area then I also recommend the Giorgio Armani Si Fiori, it smells very similar only with the only difference that is to smell the Si Fiori a creamy vanilla note with a slight marshmallow note.
The durability at Love is very good especially on my skin, I smell it until the next day on the clothes (scarf) still days long.
The sillage could be better, 5. hours and unfortunately no more.
I personally find that this fragrance smells just indescribably good!

It is addictive and is devinitiv a headturner;)) Especially if you like to stand out.
I personally find the Love don't be shy is perfect for an evening for two;))
It seduces and lets you dream at the same time.
But also for because output Love is perfect as I find:))
I would wear this fragrance only on special and special occasions, because it is also known unfortunately not cheap.
My grandfather is very enthusiastic about this fragrance and he could smell it every day :D
He finds that this fragrance is very feminine, seductive and yet also very daring his Meiunung after because he has never smelled a comparable fragrance like Love.

Guccy2021Guccy2021 2 months ago
Grape candy, my favorite kind (grape big league chew)
ManaMana 2 years ago
true love! feminine, pretty, youthful, gourmand, intoxicating, sexy.. my forever favorite perfume.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Orange blossom, honeysuckle and marshmallow combining to create a very sweet, overpowering neroli accord.

by Marjul
by Arimana
by ItsFrancesco
by ItsFrancesco

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian