Love Don't Be Shy 2007Perfume

Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Orange blossom absolute, Honeysuckle, Rose, Marshmallow, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.09.2020.

IcekatIcekat 8 years ago

„Marshmallow Bomb”

SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„A Quasi-Celebrity Niche Perfume”

MsPerfume
Icing sugar in the flacon
My headline actually says a lot. But I'd like to allow myself a detailed comment, especially since a perfume in this fragrance and price category deserves it.
After I saw and heard several positive comments in the community here, from influencers and the media hype about the perfume, (For those who still don't know: obviously this is the signature scent of Rihanna, which everyone praises in the highest tones), I decided to order a sample. I had already tried several scents by Kilian, including Rolling in Love, and found most of them interesting, but not particularly wearable, let alone suitable for everyday use. So Kilian fragrances remained rather unusual for me than wearable.
However, when I tried this fragrance, my attitude changed a little bit.
My sample came in a small package that I had been expecting with great anticipation. Nevertheless, I did not want to expect too much, as the scent was described as consistently sweet and I am not exactly a fan of sweet or even gourmand scents. Thus, I took the parcel from the mail box and went to the flat. Already during the opening, I noticed that something leaked that proved to be practical, as by this way, the extremely positive first impression went straight into my nose. I first noticed something very floral and at the same time extraordinary. So the floral is by no means mainstream floral, but rather very pleasant and well coordinated at first. When spraying it on I noticed one thing in addition to the floral: the sweetness! The fragrance is sweet in its highest form, you should know that. To my own astonishment I liked it very much anyway. Normally I turn away if even a touch of overdosed sweetness comes to my nose, but not so with this scent. I couldn't stop smelling my arm at first. I was already more than convinced of the start. After a few minutes the scent developed the well-known chewing gum note that I detest so much. I thought to myself: No, please don't. The prelude was so great and now THAT?!
I waited and waited and the gum wouldn't go away..
Until some time later I could finally perceive another scent. The gum had warped and now I smelled powder. Delicious, vanilla-scented powder. Still a bit strong and sweet, also sometimes less and sometimes more smoky. This is probably the marshmallows, especially since the smoky one could also be described as roasted.
The powder reminds me of the sweeter Kenzo- fragrances and of Classique from JPG. But the Kilian scent still has something floral in the powder, which remains subliminal. The smoky also distinguishes it from other powder scents, especially since I had never smelled this combination before The powdery note remains for quite a while and at this point I would like to praise the incredible durability of this fragrance. The fragrance really lasts forever! My fingers still smelled of the fragrance after many hours and several hand washes.

Conclusion: The prelude is sweet-floral, no mainstream sweet and definitely exclusive. The progression goes from synthetic chewing gum-like to a warm, sweetish-powdery note, which is very pleasant and lasts for a long time. This is accompanied by a very nice smoky and roasty scent I certainly do not classify the fragrance as suitable for everyday use, especially as it is too sweet for me during the day. On the other hand, it fits perfectly into a special evening in autumn or winter. Also very recommendable at home for spraying on, cuddling and feeling good:))
For me, definitely a good mood maker!

Another tip for those who avoid too sweet in everyday life, but like slightly sweet scents:
Just spray the fragrance the evening before or a few hours before going out, then it will sit nicely and is not too sweet anymore :)
Sticky cotton candy
First of all: I love gourmand fragrances! Honestly, I bought the perfume because this should be Rihanna's signature scent and everyone who knows how Rihanna's scent is spoken about can understand that. Quotes like "she smells like heaven" or "I knew she was in the elevator before because I could smell her" etc. are not uncommon. And Exactly what I wanted to do. Sweet, seductive, sexy, just something special. A fragrance by which I can be recognized. Love don't be shy is such a strong perfume that I have to sneeze every time I spray these two times. I'm serious. So damn strong. It really smells so gourmand that I get hungry when I haven't eaten anything, sweet as caramel but still has a fruity kick. It's very sweet in the first few hours but changes into something tougher over time. Can you call it marshmallow then? I think so :) ... I can't explain it properly. I just love this scent because it projects so strongly. despite all this I have to admit I haven't got the expected feedback from outside yet. Of course I don't ask for it, but my expectations were still quite high. I don't wear the fragrance very often as it really doesn't fit every occasion, even if I would love to make it my signature fragrance it's not clear. Clear purchase recommendation for everyone who loves sweet gourmands. Otherwise hands off because this is dessert PUR
Beere
Love from the black bottle
After sniffing my way through the world of fragrance and meeting one or two really good gourmands, a few days ago I stood in the shop with a plain black bottle in my hand.
The name on the bottle promised me love, so I wanted to test it absolutely, who wants to know the finally nothing of love?

The first spray shot landed on my arm, according to my old habit I first waved the arm in the air to avoid inhaling a possible alcohol plume.

Cute! That was the first thought my taste buds sent back to my brain. Jahaa sweet is the kilian love, you notice the sugar. Accompanied by vanilla and caramel it reminds me of a mixture of caramelized marshmallows with vanilla sugar wadding.... Yeah, that's how it goes.
The sweet delicacy is accompanied by a few floral notes that round off the whole thing somewhat. There must also be some musk in it, which makes it softer and powderier bit by bit.
He lurks softly on my skin to attack sweet, gourmandig.

Hmmm... it's delicious, cuddly, lulling, and a little lascivious. A warm scent that I like very much and in my opinion a great scent for cool days or hot nights.
This love remains loyal to me for a long time and my environment also gets along well with it when used sparingly.

Love – Don’t Be Shy
How could you be shy while wearing this fragrance? One does not have to be a dog to track you down along the threads of this scent...

Neroli as top note? That would be a so-called „shy, tentative kiss given by fresh lips” – as it is written on the page of one seller. Pure and poor theory.
Do not bother with neroli, do not waste even a slight thought for it.
It can not do anything against the flood of jasmine and vanille, so freshness is absolutely not present here. The perfume is strong, stable, forms a wall around you, a wall of self-esteem and a bit violent kind of flirt. LOVE is indiscreet and tactless. Completely feminine.

Upon the waves of sweetness there is a weird, floating odor, most probably iris and vanille made an alliance against sobriety. The weirdness is the same kind as in VANILLE ABSOLUMENT, but executed in much higher quality.

The base: less jasmine, stable vanille. Musk is trying to push the fragrance towards demureness. Sorry, dear Musk, maybe another time, LOVE and love does not need too much rationality.

- Age: does not matter, just be enough brave to wear.
- Gender: woman!
- Season: summer. Such a strong and sweet perfume together with those who contain oud, are meant for heat.
- Warning: the liquid has an intensive red color, that can leave stains on your clothes, so portion it only on skin.

Marshmallow Bomb
When the cold weather rolls in, I have an irresistible urge to wear sweet and cozy scents. Love by Kilian is super sweet and could be rightfully called a sugar bomb filled with marshmallows, vanilla and all things sweet. It is fluffy, delicious, and a bit over the top. It reminds me of an enormous, over-decorated wedding cake with creamy frosting and cute cherubs.

There are flowers in this frosted, sugared bouquet but they are so much covered in sweetness that I barely can smell them. However, what I really like about this perfume is how smooth, creamy, and natural smelling it is. I own many overly sweet perfumes including tons of celebrity ones. The main difference between those one and Love by Kilian is the quality. I find that synthetic loudness of many celebrity scents are getting on my nerves, so though I do love perfumes with super sweet personality, I cannot bear to wear most of them. Love by Kilian is a different story. I love wearing it and it lasts for at least 10 hours on me.

Is it worth a hefty price tag? Still not sure. I would have liked to see more complexity in the dry down phase of this scent, something that would make it more dimensional and exciting instead of just a straightforward marshmallow vanilla. But it is still a lovely fragrance to wear and my rating is based on its comparison to other fragrances in this category. Overall score is 7.5/10.

A Quasi-Celebrity Niche Perfume
By Kilian LOVE is a ridiculously sweet perfume. Had I tested this one blind, I'm sure that I would have guessed that it was launched by the house of Britney Spears. But no, it's a hoity-toity niche perfume which costs ten times the price of any celebrity scent.

The aesthetic of this composition is reminiscent of the house of Laurence Dumont, specifically the Senteurs Gourmandes collection (which, by the way, also cost a small fraction of this). Very, very sweet. Did I mention that this is sweet? Spun sugar flavored with vanilla is really the take away to my nose.

I cannot really recommend this perfume because, although it does smell natural, from start to finish, it seems too much like a dessert which could very well induce a diabetic coma. I simply cannot think of any good reason for buying LOVE given the panoply of similar fragrances, often associated with celebrities' names, available today.

For those who crave this level of sweetness in a natural-smelling perfume, I highly recommend that you investigate the house of Laurence Dumont.

stale bubblegum
I love vanilla, and this has a strong vanilla note. However, it also has a putrid stale-bubblegum note on me that comes pretty close to making me retch. I hoped it would pass but, after an hour of trying to breathe through my mouth (how sophisticated I looked!), I gave up, scrubbed my arm, and sprayed some Sula Vanilla Blossom on top of it to cancel out the residual smell. I try to give perfumes at least 2 tries, but this was one of my once-and-out ones. (072209)

ManaMana 35 days ago
true love! feminine, pretty, youthful, gourmand, intoxicating, sexy.. my forever favorite perfume.
ItchynoseItchynose 11 months ago
Orange blossom, honeysuckle and marshmallow combining to create a very sweet, overpowering neroli accord.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Sweet like crazy neroli.Sweet,sweet,thick and sweet.Maybe if i really concentrate i can actually smell jasmine,but the sweetness kills it.

by GreatKate
by GreatKate
by Mcgeitner
by Mcgeitner
by Gallerph
by Gallerph

Popular Kilian

Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Killing Me Slowly by Kilian Noir Aphrodisiaque Paris by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian