Love and Tears (2010)

Love and Tears by Kilian
Bottle Design: Carré Basset

Love and Tears is a perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-green. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Calice Becker

Bergamot, Oakmoss, Galbanum, Jasmine, Lavender, Lily-of-the-valley, Narcissus, Orange blossom, Petitgrain, Styrax, Ylang-ylang, Cedar, Cistus, Cypress

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.04.2019

7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Another jasmine soliflore...
Jasmine soliflores sometimes really speak to me. Molinard JASMIN and Montale JASMIN FULL are two examples which fill me with joy upon application and make me forget all about my obsession with roses. Other jasmine soliflores leave me, if not cold, at least capable of walking away. They are too dry or too austere or simply too simple to draw me in. By Kilian LOVE AND TEARS falls into this category.

There is nothing wrong with LOVE AND TEARS. It is a jasmine soliflore on the dry side (closer to Keiko Mecheri's than to the lush varieties mentioned above), and perhaps that is why I cannot get that excited about it. This is not a green jasmine, nor is it sticky and sweet, and it even smells quite natural, but it is on the dry side, and I prefer my jasmine soliflores to be lush and, well, overwhelming, so this one is not for me.

I would probably wear LOVE AND TEARS now and then, if I happened to have a bottle lying around, but honestly I believe that I would still reach first for the Molinard JASMIN in my collection to satisfy my thirst for this flower, and among the many haute niche jasmine perfumes on offer, Montale JASMIN FULL (also better than this) is already on my wish list.
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Lush jasmine
I am a little shocked to discover that some find Love and Tears simple and forgettable. I do not agree. In fact, I've enjoyed this fragrance so much that I've worn it three days in a row. Love and Tears has renewed my adoration for jasmine.

Jasmine can sometimes be hard to love, especially if it smells synthetic or soapy. The jasmine accord in Love and Tears is creamy and lush, made slightly crisp with citrusy, green bergamot. It wears beautifully on warm days, however it could also be appropriate for night-time, or even mild Winter weather.

Love and Tears seems like the perfect name for this white floral beauty. It is both romantic and melancholy. I'd be really interested to see how this wears on a man, seeing that it is marketed as unisex. It smells very feminine and floral to my nose.

I feel very comfortable wearing Love and Tears, and that may be due to the rather intimate sillage. It's quite a tender and elegant scent, that really brings out the softer side in everyone. It reminds me of the character of Anne Catherick from the novel, The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. It has that very classic, 'damsel in distress' feel to it.

In some ways Love and Tears is a soliflore, a jasmine one at that. I would encourage everyone and anyone to try it, even if jasmine scents aren't really your thing. I consider it one of the best jasmine fragrances around. It's refreshing to say the least. I can't say that I find it particularly indolic though.

The longevity was excellent on my skin, lasting a good eight hours, or sometimes longer. The sillage, like I mentioned previously, is soft but not weak. Love and Tears is not particularly innovative, but it definitely is pretty. Signature worthy too.
5.0 7.0 7.0 3.0/10

Gold
No tears over this jasmine, but no love either
A melodramatic name (how catchy! Good marketing strategy!)for a very conventional flowery, light bouquet dominated by jasmine.
There are no deep roots to this fragrance, I would not compare it to any of the great classics, "Love and Tears" is too shallow. It reminds me of "Jasmine" by Keiko Mecheri or "Jasmin 17" by Le Labo. All these are expensive niche creations which are - in my humble opinion - not worth their money, since they are boring takes on a very old, hackneyed theme done much better so many times before.

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian