Moonlight in Heaven 2016

Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian
Moonlight in Heaven is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

MangoMango
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Exhale, last update on 22.09.2021.

Nice Gourmand Fresh
Moonlight in Heaven is freshy fruity with a little bit of floral vibe for my nose. This one is gourmand that you can put it in summer time. Nice coconut mixed with tonka grapefruit and mango play around in background. Longevity is not great but still above average 6-7 hours and can perform better in higher temp. Recommend for who want some nice sweetly gourmand that can wear in daytime or hot weather.
Doc
fruit cocktail at night in Bali
This fragrance is not a 7.5! A perfect fusion of mango, coconut and grapefruit. You don't know anything like this from any other fragrance. Just fruity, sweet and sexy. In my opinion the BEST "blue" Kilian. You get compliments galore, I promise! H/S good; price-performance also. 100% unisex
Mild moonlight
The titles of Kilian fragrances appeal to me from the start, because they are always poetic - sometimes funny, sometimes romantic - and they always fit the fragrance.

My praise to the creators.

And so is this fragrance, round and fair, Like our faithful companion in the firmament- Though half seen.
The certainty that he is watching over us in totality gives us security.
And so calmly acts the fragrance.

Lightly citric, it rests in soft rice, and is doused by soft almond milk.
The tonka bean works delicately marzipanig , next to camouflage transparent vetiver.

But the fragrance also has something mysterious - as Matthias Claudius so aptly poetized:

Do you see the moon standing there
he is only half to see
And yet is round and beautiful -
there are some things
that we can laugh at -
because our eyes do not see them.
Mango Sticky Rice - Thai dessert in seductive fragrance form
If there's one scent that has never interested me, it's citrus scents. Not because they smell bad - there are countless beautiful bergamot and orange notes. But because they're stinkers. Citrus and freshness are the epitome of perfume to me, the standard par excellence, THE association that comes to most people's minds when they hear the term "perfume".

I need more! Something special, that certain something. Also for the summer, to meet the coming heat records with a pleasant fragrance.

So what is suitable for the increasingly hot summer weather, if you want to spare his fellow man the brute winter oud, but do not want to resort to lemon and shower gel? Here comes "Kilian - Moonlight in Heaven" into play.

I don't want to say that Kilian is unique to everyone, especially women. In fact, it reminds me of shampoos and body lotions with a mango coconut scent. A scent that one or two here may have noticed on their girlfriend's hair. It has that feminine touch without a doubt. But nevertheless or just because of that: this is not a perfume that you often get to smell, especially not on men. Therefore, this fragrance is for me on women and men equally interesting.

"Moonlight in Heaven" to my nose focuses on the interplay of mango and creamy rice in coconut sauce. No wonder, because Kilian Henessy was inspired by a traditional Thai dessert with the ingredients just mentioned. He was interested in developing an accord that evokes a paradisiacal feeling without relying exclusively on classic citrus freshness. The result is fresh, tropical, exotic, noble - pure summer.

What surprises me above all is the incredible performance. Fresh fragrances have the well-known problem of evanescence - after a few hours at the latest is over. But not "Moonlight in Heaven". I can perceive the fragrance on my skin for hours, it performs and performs and radiates unwaveringly. My recommendation: be sparing with the sprays, you will be noticed!

Unfortunately, many perfumos seem to disagree with me here and find the Kilian to be fleeting. My advice is to give Moonlight in Heaven a fair chance. For all fragrance fans who want to know if their perfume is perceived on them, even if they can't smell it themselves: just spray "Moonlight in Heaven" on another person. Reports gladly, whether the Kilian remains for you just as long perceptible as for me.

And these are Kilian Henessy's own words about his fragrance:

Tokyo Overdrive
I got a small sample as an extra from a nice perfumo. Thank you so much for that. It definitely helped expand my fragrance horizons. When I opened the sample and briefly smelled it I jerked back and thought, "phew, that stings but in the nose"
Well, in the fragrance pyramid was still the talk of rice, mango, coconut and tonka bean. So could still develop delicious. Spoiler: it did not!
Yes, something fruity is already there, but primarily it smelled synthetic to my sensation. In some sushi shops there are sometimes desserts that look strange and where you think "you can't eat that. Since I'm sure blind from".
That's what it reminded me of. Or just Tokyo at night with lots of bright and flashing neon lights.
For me, a fragrance must be round. This is rather pointed (I hope you understand what I mean by that).
Well, an experience was worth it.
In conclusion: Nix for me!
Subtle summer scent
The top note is at first light, citric and fresh ... for a rather short moment. Very pleasant and reminds me a bit of Treffpunkt 8Uhr by J.F. Schwarzlose. The subsequent spiciness of the red pepper is a bit too dominant.

Depending on the shape of the day I smell jasmine and also some mango and also depending on the shape of the day I sometimes feel the scent a little soapy (rice + coconut?) but the jasmine usually tears it out.

The base is very nice, for me especially the vetiver. It reminds me a bit of my father's perfume, Monsieur Lanvin - only there's no vetiver in it at all :)

And as soon as the basis has developed, the fun is over. And that's now a big minus point of this beautifully composed perfume: the durability is extremely moderate. Even if, like me, you use the Body Lotion in addition. For the price range and the self-conception of the brand, that's a bit cheeky.

All in all, I like to wear this perfume in summer, even if it doesn't last a (moon) night.
DonJuanDeCat
In the evening under moonlight
Aaah, Kilian... a brand that I'm actually very interested in, but which I don't test enough. Well, now I have only recently introduced a Kilian fragrance, but when did a Kilian commentary precede it?
The problem with these fragrances is that they are only found in niche perfumeries, where there are somehow fewer customers than in certain other shops, and where you are therefore always a little more observed... because the employees there can hardly look at anyone else because of the few customers :D

It's the same with me. Sometimes I'm lucky and I'm approached by a nice saleswoman who you might talk to, or not, but who leaves you alone when you just want to look around. Sometimes, however, there are saleswomen (or more rarely saleswomen), who withdraw again, but who pierce you with their frightening eyes and follow you at every turn, so that you simply become more and more uncomfortable the longer you stay in the shop *sigh*

And especially niche fragrances should be tried more often, to be sure which fragrance you want to get in the end with the most expensive fragrances. And you only have two arms, so that you can't spray yourself with 10 different scents and therefore have to go into the shop every now and then... and the employees will surely think "He again!" ...
*sigh again*

I think that's why I find it easier to describe scents with existing samples, because the only one staring at me here is my hairy hangover, if he should be awake at all :))

Well, enough talkin', I'm finally getting to the moonlight in the sky:

The fragrance:
Hm... the citric notes like lemon and grapefruit from the top note can already be smelled, but somehow they are a bit weak, at least they don't come across to me as lively. In addition, the fragrance has a slightly stuffy spicy background, possibly due to the combination of fragrances such as pink pepper and rice. But it's not bad, on the contrary, I think it's even quite good and interesting, but I would have liked the top note to be more lively and refreshing.
A little later I smell mango as a fruity note, which gives the fragrance a nice, exotic touch. Besides, there is some coconut or coconut milk to underline the exotic impression. Jasmine-Sambac... well, even if the fragrance gets a little more sweet over time, this floral note is more present in the background.
The mango becomes stronger and stronger as the fragrance progresses and can therefore be smelled very well.
In the base the scent is unfortunately quite inconspicuous. All the described notes weaken extremely, the tonka bean doesn't seem to get really going and the vetiver doesn't seem to fit so well to the rest with its earthy note, even if it should radiate extremely weakly.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The scent is not very strong. Already at the beginning he comes across me a little weakly and this hardly changes in the further smell process, even if he should radiate from time to time a little more strongly. More from only the proximity one will probably not notice him.
I personally also found the shelf life to be below average at five to six hours.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with thick edges and tinted dark blue. On the front you can see the typical Kilian metal plaque with name and logo, the lid is chrome-plated and cylindrical. The bottle seems simple, but looks good and noble. Nice job!

Yeah, the scent's nice. Actually... except for the rather unspectacular base.
Even if the fragrance is a little too weak for me in every respect, as far as the Sillage is concerned, it is still a beautiful fragrance for about two to three hours, with exotic summer charisma, which you could wear as a discreet night scent in summer evenings (whether here or somewhere on holiday), both as a lady and as a man. And once you've arrived at the base, you can renew the fragrance by spraying it again, if it should seem as unspectacular to you as it does to me.

Maybe you are lucky and the fragrance works a little better in places where it is not only hot, but also humid. At Chanel's Allure Homme Edition Blanche I had once experienced on holiday that it could be smelled a bit better (and longer) in a hot and humid environment (because normally I find that Chanel is also very weak and evaporates quickly). Well, then, I'm sure this one would be worth a try. Whether it is worth the price, however, is something that everyone must know for themselves.

Hmm... walking under the moonlight with this scent I imagine great! And when it's a full moon and you turn into a werewolf, at least you smell nice instead of just smelling like a dog/wolf, mu ha ha ha ha :D
Oh dear, was that a bad one... :D

A Tropical Heaven
A heavenly tropical dessert of citrus, mango, jasmine sambac, coconut milk sticky rice and a woody vetiver. I have received many unsolicited compliments while wearing this.

Yes there are other cheaper "tropical" fragrances out there, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. The azure refillable bottle comes in a padded, mother of pearl inlaid, compact case. Refills are about $100 cheaper.

On my skin, sillage is within six feet, and longevity is about 10 hours.

It is not cloying, is perfect for Spring or Summer and can be worn for any occasion, day or night.

8.5/10

Asian Pearl
Scentrack
Bobby Hutcherson - Montara

This fragrance opens with sparkling grapefruit accompanied by strong, but gentle pink pepper. Soon, the main exotic notes come in the game – fresh mango and subtle coconut. The most I like about this is the fact it is not overly exotic nor tropical, and these notes are extremely well balanced. Additionally, I do sense some yellow flowers like ylang ylang giving the composition some pale fruity twist, and possibly some musky notes. The exotic part of this fragrance is enveloped by sweet, but luminous Tonka bean. The green and gentle vetiver note appears at the end.
Moonlight in Heaven is fresh and clean, but substantial with many facets. It is not typical fresh, and it has the special, restrained exoticism and just a touch of suntan lotion vibe. Not Hawaii nor Caribbean exotic vibe, but some relaxing Asian beach charm.

Rating: 8.5/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Tropical Bliss...
This is a lovely fragrance. I love the way it combines the notes of ripe mango, grapefruit and coconut. The coconut and tonka bean give a vanilla-like feel to it which is really nice. I enjoy wearing this a lot and I think this is generally a "feel good" perfume.

This is my first Kilian fragrance and I'm impressed. It's worth trying for the "tropical" factor. Fans of such perfumes should definitely try it out.

DalilaBDalilaB 11 months ago
Fresh fruit floral soapy concoction! Moonlight in heaven has it all! I just cannot get enough of this gorgeous scent..truly in heaven!
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Sweet concoction made up of milky mango, rice and flowers. Powdery, pleasant, leaning feminine.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Balance between sweet (mango, coconut, jasmine?) and refreshing-herbal notes makes the scent really nice. Unfortunately, it remains linear.

by sebjar
by Inbnk
by Elenka
by Elenka

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Love the way you Taste by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Woman in Gold (Perfume) by Kilian