Prelude to Love (2007)

Flacon Design: Carré Basset
Compare Prices
Prelude to Love (Kilian)
Prelude to Love (Kilian)
Prelude to Love is a perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGinger, Neroli, Orange blossom, Pepper
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.04.2017

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Been There, Sniffed That
By Kilian PRELUDE TO LOVE is a very straightforward citrus-floral cologne. It reminds me very much of two other fragrances familiar to me (and probably lots of others in existence...): Bond no 9 EAU DE NEW YORK and Banana Republic W. I am sure that the latter comparison will be viewed as heresy by some, but before you balk, I defy you to try these three creations in a side-by-side trial and *then* try to deny that they are olfactory neighbors!

PRELUDE TO LOVE is less green and sharp than Bond no 9 EAU DE NEW YORK, and for that reason some may prefer the By Kilian composition, as it is definitely less bracing. In the summer, I love EAU DE NEW YORK; in the winter, not so much.

At the other end of the price spectrum, Banana Republic W compares favorably to PRELUDE TO LOVE, as well. W is less floral, and less declarative. To some people, that would make it more desirable as it is entirely inoffensive. However, I should say that from reading other reviews, it appears that some wearers' skin does not mix well with W, so those people probably would do better with the By Kilian. For those who are compatible with W, it's a fantastic bargain compared to either of these niche analogues of the same type.

Do I like PRELUDE TO LOVE? Yes, of course. But I do not need a bottle, as I already own bottles of both EAU DE NEW YORK and W. A third bottle of such a similar composition would be more than redundant, and I do not believe that this creation is original. I'm not saying that Calice Becker copied anyone, but this is a good idea which others have had before--and have executed very well.
Scent 1.0/10
orange flower
This perfume smells to me as an average 10 in a dozen perfume I have smellt before.
Nothing special for such a rediculus price
Scent 2.0/10
overpriced orange blossom
On me, this might as well be a simple orange blossom cologne. Perfectly pleasant, but the kind of thing you can pick up for $10 US a bottle, not $200 US! Some lines just don’t work for some people. This is the sixth By Kilian I’ve tried and thought, “Why bother?," so I guess it's not the brand for me.

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Forbidden Games by Kilian Pure Oud by Kilian