Prelude to Love Invitation 2007 Perfume

Prelude to Love Invitation (Perfume) by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Prelude to Love Invitation (Perfume) is a perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is citrusy-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Orange blossomOrange blossom
PepperPepper
Base Notes Base NotesIrisIris
MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.06.2020.

Been There, Sniffed That
By Kilian PRELUDE TO LOVE is a very straightforward citrus-floral cologne. It reminds me very much of two other fragrances familiar to me (and probably lots of others in existence...): Bond no 9 EAU DE NEW YORK and Banana Republic W. I am sure that the latter comparison will be viewed as heresy by some, but before you balk, I defy you to try these three creations in a side-by-side trial and *then* try to deny that they are olfactory neighbors!

PRELUDE TO LOVE is less green and sharp than Bond no 9 EAU DE NEW YORK, and for that reason some may prefer the By Kilian composition, as it is definitely less bracing. In the summer, I love EAU DE NEW YORK; in the winter, not so much.

At the other end of the price spectrum, Banana Republic W compares favorably to PRELUDE TO LOVE, as well. W is less floral, and less declarative. To some people, that would make it more desirable as it is entirely inoffensive. However, I should say that from reading other reviews, it appears that some wearers' skin does not mix well with W, so those people probably would do better with the By Kilian. For those who are compatible with W, it's a fantastic bargain compared to either of these niche analogues of the same type.

Do I like PRELUDE TO LOVE? Yes, of course. But I do not need a bottle, as I already own bottles of both EAU DE NEW YORK and W. A third bottle of such a similar composition would be more than redundant, and I do not believe that this creation is original. I'm not saying that Calice Becker copied anyone, but this is a good idea which others have had before--and have executed very well.

orange flower
This perfume smells to me as an average 10 in a dozen perfume I have smellt before.
Nothing special for such a rediculus price

overpriced orange blossom
On me, this might as well be a simple orange blossom cologne. Perfectly pleasant, but the kind of thing you can pick up for $10 US a bottle, not $200 US! Some lines just don’t work for some people. This is the sixth By Kilian I’ve tried and thought, “Why bother?," so I guess it's not the brand for me.

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Love the way you Taste by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian