Rose Oud 2010

Rose Oud by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset
Rose Oud is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-woody. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesRoseRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesOudOud SaffronSaffron
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac woodGaiac wood CardamomCardamom PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.02.2022.

A Gorgeous Saffron Rose--but the Oud seems MIA
The rose in By Kilian ROSE OUD is very pronounced, which makes this perfume feel rather feminine to me. There is also a strong saffron presence, so the first time I donned this composition I thought immediately of Bond no 9 NY OUD. However, when I re-tried the Bond earlier today, I discovered that the saffron was far more dominant than the rose in that composition.

What I am not detecting a lot of in these rose-saffron-oud perfumes is the third member of the triad: oud. It may be that I am more sensitive to saffron than to oud, and so the oud note ends up being overwhelmed by the saffon. In any case, what's in a name?

ROSE OUD is a beautiful perfume which blooms as a rose and dries down as a saffron rose. The rose abides through and through. I highly recommend this creation for testing by rose lovers. It may not give the oud-ies the fix they're looking for. To my nose, this is a floriental, not an oriental woody perfume.

I suspect that ROSE OUD may be too feminine for some gents. I, on the other hand, would love to have a bottle.

HermeshHermesh 7 years ago
Partly intoxicated Rose with a lipstick accord. However, one need to look hard to find oud here.

by Tiho
by Tiho
by Catyschatzi
by Catyschatzi
by RobK
by RobK

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian