Rose Oud (2010)

Rose Oud by Kilian
Flacon Design: Carré Basset
Compare Prices
Rose Oud is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is flowery-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesGaiac wood, Cardamom, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.01.2017

Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
A Gorgeous Saffron Rose--but the Oud seems MIA
The rose in By Kilian ROSE OUD is very pronounced, which makes this perfume feel rather feminine to me. There is also a strong saffron presence, so the first time I donned this composition I thought immediately of Bond no 9 NY OUD. However, when I re-tried the Bond earlier today, I discovered that the saffron was far more dominant than the rose in that composition.

What I am not detecting a lot of in these rose-saffron-oud perfumes is the third member of the triad: oud. It may be that I am more sensitive to saffron than to oud, and so the oud note ends up being overwhelmed by the saffon. In any case, what's in a name?

ROSE OUD is a beautiful perfume which blooms as a rose and dries down as a saffron rose. The rose abides through and through. I highly recommend this creation for testing by rose lovers. It may not give the oud-ies the fix they're looking for. To my nose, this is a floriental, not an oriental woody perfume.

I suspect that ROSE OUD may be too feminine for some gents. I, on the other hand, would love to have a bottle.

Hermesh 20 months ago
Partly intoxicated Rose with a lipstick accord. However, one need to look hard to find oud here.
Bottle 7.5
Sillage 7.5
Longevity 10.0
Scent 7.0

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Forbidden Games by Kilian Pure Oud by Kilian