Straight to Heaven (2007)

Straight to Heaven by Kilian
Bottle Design Carré Basset

Straight to Heaven is a popular perfume by Kilian for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Rum
Base Notes Base NotesRosewood, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.11.2019.

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Oetzi
Why the sky is so close to the ground...
After long consideration and initial disapproval, I have to revise my first statement about the fragrance and raise the rating of the fragrance again.
My previous statement:

"Quite a bit of patchouli and cedar. As earthy as the scent smells, one should reconsider the name! "

In my commentary I refer to both the normal Straight to Heaven and the Straight to Heaven extreme (a big thank you to Exaltatus for selling the bottle!!!). Since the Straight to Heaven extreme is unfortunately no longer available, I wanted to give at least my opinion to the normal Straight to Heaven for posterity, which does not differ at all in the negative from the "extreme variant".

So, now to my previous statement. Of course, it is not untrue: the base/heart note of the fragrance is clearly dominated by woods and lots of patchouli. I had sent myself a sample from a user in the beginning and when I tested it, I simply found it to be too earthy and musty and simply put it aside for the time being. When I bought the Intoxicated from Kilian after a long time back and forth, I thought I'd give the Straight to Heaven another chance. And what shall I say: Even though it smells of wood and earthy, it comes very close to heaven. The overall notes ultimately combine to create a wonderfully harmonious, dark and woody fragrance. Towards the end it gets warmer and warmer and even a little sweetness comes through. And about rum: Sure, the first 30 minutes are dominated by rum, but after that the rum goes clearly into the background and then puffff.... He's gone. And there we are with the clear difference to the Straight to Heaven Extreme: Here the rum note runs over the entire fragrance and harmonizes excellently with vanilla. It is clearly "bootier" and sweeter than the normal variant. If one is lucky enough to have both fragrances, then it is like with Aronal and Elmex: in the morning the normal (spicier and fresher in comparison; suitable for everyday use) and in the evening the extreme (alcoholic and sweeter; Who wants to smell of an alcohol banner at work?:D).

I feel the shelf life somewhere between mediocre and good. But I think that again varies from skin to skin.

Sometimes you don't have to look up to see (or smell!) the sky.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Angel heart
....of course, at first everyone understands the Rum/Caribbean/Pirate association, which seems to be further spun and not far away from voodoo and incantation rituals.

Personally, I would describe this gourmand more like the memory of a fragrance. "Straight to Heaven" looks like a vague remnant of what a wild orgy left the night before. A clear and almost silvery cool patchouli sparkles flickering and ethereally in a dissipated cedar wood tabletop in which the drink of the decades lives. Sounds cruel, but Kilian manages to pour this fragrance into a glass capsule that wears a blade runner of the future around its neck to remind itself in 2049 of the smell of a decent pirate drink.
Somewhat unreal and iso-cyber-style, this olfactory seance pulsates in a bottle that tells of the magic of the night in lonely moments. From the demons of a distant world full of unleashing and violence. Sex and obsession. Shadows and fire.

Perhaps one could also say that the skystormer is a totally abstract version of Mugler´s Angel for men, which reduced this composition to a few aspects and made it float in a shadowy and transparent way. I don't know of any scent that brings weight so weightlessly into the atmosphere. This hallucinogenic scent veil of rum and ethereal spice lies like a cashmere scarf around the neck of the horned one.

The gentle silence in the bubbling volcano of his lavish composition also makes him so disastrous. Like the underestimated glass too much, Kilian is depriving his victims of their wits faster than they should care to be. The dark side of power is just the right address when it comes to the desires and longings of a world whose limitations and commandments only seem like the faded idea of a blissful society. Robbed of any aberrations and obsessions, one rushes like a cyborg through the matrix of a sterile and pleasure-free wasteland of digital dots and pixels. This capsule in my hand is my connection to the dark gods in the underworld. The ultimate fragrance for Rick Deckard, Neo, Vlad Drag and Mickey Rourke in f*cking "Angel Heart"
10.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

DarkWinterCS
A splash of rum can't do any harm
In an interview, Kilian Hennessey, eponym of the perfume forge of the same name, called "Kilian" the inspiration for his creation of fragrances. As a child of the Hennessey family, which exists since the 18th century and deals with the creation of cognac, he was always on the move in the cellars of the cognac storage. In doing so, he perceived smells that had shaped his whole life. Including the alcoholic-sweet scent and the fine spice. These are the notes which should be reflected in the scents of the brand Kilian.

Well, I guess that's the goal many of the perfumes have achieved. Especially the fragrances released in 2017 clearly show these notes. Whether it's the Black Phantom, the great rum notes with caramel, chocolate and coffee, or the Dark Lord, which has a dark selection of leather and wood in addition to the alcohol notes, all are based on the embossed notes.
I have already written a comment on the Straight to Heaven Extreme. This is the softer level of this fragrance, because besides the conspicuous rum note, a wonderful vanilla was integrated, which brought the fragrance to a special 10.0.

The "normal" Straight to Heaven is slightly different from the Extreme version. This is because soft and sweet notes are avoided as far as possible. In addition to the alcoholic note, the main focus is on fine spices, which make the fragrance appear somewhat more masculine. In addition there is some wood to hear a round body in the nose. The spices you hear concentrate on nutmeg. More intensive fragrances have been avoided in order to keep the fragrance as sweet or strong as possible.

So you can also wear the scent on warmer days. The durability is very pleasant with over 7 hours and the silage provides in the first 2 hours for a great wearing feeling. After the 2 hours the scent gets a bit close to the body, but does not disappear.

Those who like the notes of alcoholic perfumes will have their true joy. One should not be deterred by the price. Because testing is worth it
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Kilian STH / Boozy Bliss
Kilian's Straight to Heaven is the most beautiful boozy scent ever made, and quite frankly my favorite scent of all time. A beautiful rum note sits front and center of this concoction supported by well blended notes of cedar, patchouli, nutmeg, and vanilla. Perfumer Sidonie Lancesseur has no equal when it comes to creating classy boozy fragrances and this is the star or her creations.

As for performance, Straight to Heaven provides moderate longevity at around around 5 hours, projects well, and is a compliment magnet if that's your thing. Even when it dries down to a skin scent you'll catch whiffs of it in your clothes and on your sheets for days.

STH got me into niche fragrances and I simply can't do this fragrance justice with words. I will never not have this in my collection.

JCopelandSFP
An intoxicating and addicting scent.
Overall, I would describe this scent as quite masculine, yet very elegant. What I mostly get from this on my skin is a very woody, slightly sweet, and rich "dampness". In the opening of the scent, there is actually a really nice and subtle rum note that provides a classy "booziness". The dampness comes from patchouli, which can often lend an earthy/dirty accord that can be off-putting, but it's done very well here...a purely complimentary element, and stands out just enough. The "dried fruit" accord is a stand-out one, and I truly love it. It certainly adds to the olfactive identity of STH. As the scent dries, you lose the booziness and fruitiness, and you're left with a warm, dry yet damp, and slightly vanillic woody patchouli.

Potency: I only used one good spray from the sample vial, so this may be different compared to a full spray from an actual bottle. It is subtle but definitely present, even after a few hours. This is surely in the fragrance's favor. This combination of ingredients can often create something a bit cloying if it's too potent. Its lightness is a strong suit. However, it should last on the skin an entire day of activity.

Occasions: in my opinion, this is a very good scent for the cooler seasons, when you're dressed nicely. This would suit an upscale event perfectly, whether tuxedo or suit/tie. However, I wouldn't consider this a casual-wear fragrance. For one, it's scent profile seems simply too elegant. But more importantly, the price of a bottle of this stuff will make it not so ideal to have to replace if worn too often.

Value: as far as I know, a full bottle only comes in a 50ml size, and I've seen prices as low as $260 and as high as $500+. It's no cheapie. You're supposedly paying for the quality of the ingredients and the presentation of the bottle and optional coffret (which looks great). I might consider the value much better if they offered the fragrance in at least a 100ml size for that price. But hey. Spend it if you got it (and if you love it!)

Parfums Vintage has an interesting alternative to STH, which I have reviewed on my YouTube channel. I'll post the review here.

4.0/10

Sweet. Boozy. Skinscent.
Boozy alright. More like cheap & sweet liquor, or a medicated cough syrup. I suspect the "rum" and sweet patch. At least at the opening doesn't last! The cedar doesn't sit well with me. After an hour or so, it settles into a nice - albeit slightly sweet - skin scent. Maybe even an anti-perfume.

I'd pass this by at $20. For $200, I just think what-the ?
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Curiously Untranscendent and Devoid of White Crystal
The combination of rum, nutmeg, amber and woods in By Kilian STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN conjures up memories in my mind of Bond no 9 HARRODS AMBER, which appears to share all of those notes in significant concentration--except that the rum is not specified as such, so it could be some other form of spirits. Anyway, as a lover of nutmeg in oriental woody perfumes, despite the fact that it's supposed to be a characteristically masculine note, I find STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN quite likeable.

Not sure that wearing this fragrance transports me directly to or even in the general neighborhood of heaven. It's nice, but I do not think that it is all that new, and it's certainly not transcendent. I would call this a very safe choice for guys and a somewhat more daring one for gals. I suspect that this sort of composition can be had for significantly less than niche prices, but I do think that STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN is worth sniffing if you like nutmeg and spirits.

Why in the world is this subtitled "White Crystal"??? Not at all musky to me...
5.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Stright to Heaven
This is a Masculine version of Queen Latiffah' Queen add in the tabacco
Rum And Endear Over 2 Hours of Grandpa's
Rants when he was in the war or how like was like Without T.V Computers
Cellphones Videogames Things we take
For Granted.

Itchynose 152 days ago
Elegant, masculine and dressed up rum and wood combo with a hint of spice. Boozy but classy with discreet projection.+1
9.0
5.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Great cedar scent, initially dry, then - due to patchouli and rum - deeper and eventually even somewhat fruity.+1

by Ergreifend
by steamyandor
by Zirkon
by Zirkon

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian Forbidden Games by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian