Straight to Heaven (2007)

Straight to Heaven by Kilian
Bottle Design: Carré Basset
Straight to Heaven (Kilian)

Straight to Heaven is a popular perfume by Kilian for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesNutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Rum
Base Notes Base NotesRosewood, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.12.2018

An intoxicating and addicting scent.
Overall, I would describe this scent as quite masculine, yet very elegant. What I mostly get from this on my skin is a very woody, slightly sweet, and rich "dampness". In the opening of the scent, there is actually a really nice and subtle rum note that provides a classy "booziness". The dampness comes from patchouli, which can often lend an earthy/dirty accord that can be off-putting, but it's done very well here...a purely complimentary element, and stands out just enough. The "dried fruit" accord is a stand-out one, and I truly love it. It certainly adds to the olfactive identity of STH. As the scent dries, you lose the booziness and fruitiness, and you're left with a warm, dry yet damp, and slightly vanillic woody patchouli.

Potency: I only used one good spray from the sample vial, so this may be different compared to a full spray from an actual bottle. It is subtle but definitely present, even after a few hours. This is surely in the fragrance's favor. This combination of ingredients can often create something a bit cloying if it's too potent. Its lightness is a strong suit. However, it should last on the skin an entire day of activity.

Occasions: in my opinion, this is a very good scent for the cooler seasons, when you're dressed nicely. This would suit an upscale event perfectly, whether tuxedo or suit/tie. However, I wouldn't consider this a casual-wear fragrance. For one, it's scent profile seems simply too elegant. But more importantly, the price of a bottle of this stuff will make it not so ideal to have to replace if worn too often.

Value: as far as I know, a full bottle only comes in a 50ml size, and I've seen prices as low as $260 and as high as $500+. It's no cheapie. You're supposedly paying for the quality of the ingredients and the presentation of the bottle and optional coffret (which looks great). I might consider the value much better if they offered the fragrance in at least a 100ml size for that price. But hey. Spend it if you got it (and if you love it!)

Parfums Vintage has an interesting alternative to STH, which I have reviewed on my YouTube channel. I'll post the review here.

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Kilian Straight to Heaven
All I can say is that this fragrance is seductive and very inviting. Great performance and longevity. A bit pricey for this fragrance and I think there are other niche fragrances less expensive that can give this one a run for the money. For the most part, this is a fantastic fragrance!
Scent 4.0/10
Sweet. Boozy. Skinscent.
Boozy alright. More like cheap & sweet liquor, or a medicated cough syrup. I suspect the "rum" and sweet patch. At least at the opening doesn't last! The cedar doesn't sit well with me. After an hour or so, it settles into a nice - albeit slightly sweet - skin scent. Maybe even an anti-perfume.

I'd pass this by at $20. For $200, I just think what-the ?
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Curiously Untranscendent and Devoid of White Crystal
The combination of rum, nutmeg, amber and woods in By Kilian STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN conjures up memories in my mind of Bond no 9 HARRODS AMBER, which appears to share all of those notes in significant concentration--except that the rum is not specified as such, so it could be some other form of spirits. Anyway, as a lover of nutmeg in oriental woody perfumes, despite the fact that it's supposed to be a characteristically masculine note, I find STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN quite likeable.

Not sure that wearing this fragrance transports me directly to or even in the general neighborhood of heaven. It's nice, but I do not think that it is all that new, and it's certainly not transcendent. I would call this a very safe choice for guys and a somewhat more daring one for gals. I suspect that this sort of composition can be had for significantly less than niche prices, but I do think that STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN is worth sniffing if you like nutmeg and spirits.

Why in the world is this subtitled "White Crystal"??? Not at all musky to me...
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Stright to Heaven
This is a Masculine version of Queen Latiffah' Queen add in the tabacco
Rum And Endear Over 2 Hours of Grandpa's
Rants when he was in the war or how like was like Without T.V Computers
Cellphones Videogames Things we take
For Granted.

Hermesh 3 years ago
Great cedar scent, initially dry, then - due to patchouli and rum - deeper and eventually even somewhat fruity.+1
Bottle 7.5
Sillage 7.5
Longevity 7.5
Scent 8.0

• Nah am Himmel by Seejungfrau
  • by sebjar by sebjar
  • by Miggax by Miggax
  • by steamyandor by steamyandor
  • by Miggax by Miggax
  • by ExUser by ExUser

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian