Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday 2018

Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday by Kilian
7.6 / 10 42 Ratings
Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday is a popular perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-smoky. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes RaspberryRaspberry
Heart Notes Heart Notes Blond tobaccoBlond tobacco
Base Notes Base Notes Black leatherBlack leather

Submitted by Greifswald, last update on 24.08.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 15
Rockin' on Himbeers Door
Long name, short scent pyramid, even shorter realization: this (still) rather under the radar flying Kilian is sexy as bright and can what! Especially between the sheets... but actually everywhere else!

"Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday" is a spectacularly fruity and dry leather ripper, from which there is hardly any escape. Raspberry kisses full-length black leather and distributes light latex whip lashes. It's a cinematic head scent. Hot and greasy, filthy and dirty, rough and square. Polarized, sure, can be a nuisance, but it's great fun for me. Dominant and playful at the same time. Christian Grey and his playmate seem like the Glückbärchies on the other hand... although, that's what they usually do.

This Kilian is no Poser and comes dangerously close to the Real Deal. A hot scent, a real raspberry explosion in the top note. Then it quickly becomes drier and more serious and adult, without completely losing its sweetness and wink. The high quality is set by Kilian anyway. Close to kitsch and trash, but mostly damn seductive and positive charming. Something new! It can only hurt...

Flacon: kitschy but horny
Sillage & durability: a real domina with far-reaching consequences. Two-digit in endurance.

Conclusion: highly erotic, slightly wicked, exotically intrusive and fruity frivolous - Yes, I am in love and will still be in love tomorrow! S&M ecstasy. Bunga Bunga party in the ball paradise.
Top Review 11
Pretty irresistible
Why irresistible?

Normally, after a sharing filling action (here 6 pens filled one after the other), I don't feel like the fragrance anymore for the time being. But what did I spray with the next morning? - with pleasure - yes, again with Madly in Love. Somehow he won't let go of me and I could spray him on me in the morning and evening without him annoying me, boring me or becoming too much to me.

But let's get to the scent.

The top note:
Goes roughly in the direction of Black Perfecto. But it's not quite as sweet and fruity. Without liquorice and rose and with less leather. It's a combination of pleasant fruitiness, just bearable sweetness, a lot of light smoke and, I think, a pinch of black pepper.

The heart note:
Smoke and sweetness are diminishing, the raspberry is still there. It's accompanied by the Jammi note from Back to Black (a combination of honey and plum puree, I think).

The base note:
Almost the heart note with a shot of Black Phantom and lots of smoke. And everything combines wonderfully and captivatingly with each other. Becomes softer but at the same time more radiant. Black leather smells different to me but smoke and light, dry wood suits. The raspberry still flashes from time to time. I ask myself from the base whether I would not have bet on rhubarb in a blind test
Durability and Sillage:
One drop is enough to fog a whole office including hallway for 2 hours clearly.
I can't complain about the shelf life either.

Assessment of the fragrance: Passes as a niche, but could imagine that it will go down very well with the broad masses. The more often I wear it, the higher the rating...

The bottle:
Looks chic and valuable. The round glass ball is upside down. The saying "Yes I was..." can be found on all four sides of the cap.
The sprayer is smooth-running. I was able to fill quite quickly and without problems without a funnel.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian