Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday (2018)

Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday by Kilian

Yes I Was Madly In Love, But That Was Yesterday is a new perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-smoky. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlond tobacco
Base Notes Base NotesBlack leather

Submitted by Greifswald, last update on 24.10.2018

Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Pretty irresistible
Why irresistible?

Normally, after a sharing filling action (here 6 pens filled one after the other), I don't feel like the fragrance anymore for the time being. But what did I spray with the next morning? - with pleasure - yes, again with Madly in Love. Somehow he won't let go of me and I could spray him on me in the morning and evening without him annoying me, boring me or becoming too much to me.

But let's get to the scent.

The top note:
Goes roughly in the direction of Black Perfecto. But it's not quite as sweet and fruity. Without liquorice and rose and with less leather. It's a combination of pleasant fruitiness, just bearable sweetness, a lot of light smoke and, I think, a pinch of black pepper.

The heart note:
Smoke and sweetness are diminishing, the raspberry is still there. It's accompanied by the Jammi note from Back to Black (a combination of honey and plum puree, I think).

The base note:
Almost the heart note with a shot of Black Phantom and lots of smoke. And everything combines wonderfully and captivatingly with each other. Becomes softer but at the same time more radiant. Black leather smells different to me but smoke and light, dry wood suits. The raspberry still flashes from time to time. I ask myself from the base whether I would not have bet on rhubarb in a blind test
Durability and Sillage:
One drop is enough to fog a whole office including hallway for 2 hours clearly.
I can't complain about the shelf life either.

Assessment of the fragrance: Passes as a niche, but could imagine that it will go down very well with the broad masses. The more often I wear it, the higher the rating...

The bottle:
Looks chic and valuable. The round glass ball is upside down. The saying "Yes I was..." can be found on all four sides of the cap.
The sprayer is smooth-running. I was able to fill quite quickly and without problems without a funnel.

• by PontNeuf by PontNeuf
  • by Lexa by Lexa

Popular Kilian

Back to Black by Kilian A taste of Heaven by Kilian Straight to Heaven by Kilian Love by Kilian Cruel Intentions by Kilian Liaisons Dangereuses by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Sweet Redemption by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Good girl gone Bad by Kilian Black Phantom by Kilian Beyond Love by Kilian Bamboo Harmony by Kilian Love and Tears by Kilian Sacred Wood by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Prelude to Love by Kilian Water Calligraphy by Kilian