Angels' Share 2020

Angels' Share by Kilian
Top 37 in Unisex Perfume
Angels' Share is a new perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Benoist Lapouza

Top Notes Top NotesCognacCognac
Heart Notes Heart NotesOak wood absoluteOak wood absolute
CinnamonCinnamon
Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
PralinéPraliné
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.10.2021.

Pollita
Too much of a good thing. Or when liquor manufacturers make perfume
With the fragrances of Kilian I just do not warm. So many I have already tried and still do not want to give up. Because the fragrances, the flacons and the presentation always appeal to me. The fact that with the content the spark actually jumps over, has unfortunately not worked out yet. Since the days are slowly getting shorter and the temperatures cooler, I thought it a good time to test times the Angels Share, which I recently discovered in a trial swap list of a dear perfume.

No sooner said than done. Today I wanted to get this noble droplet to mind. And quite honestly. The first impression was great! What a top note. It must be the noble brandy that puts a smile on my face here. This alcoholic note strikes me as green-sweet, even a bit fresh. I imagine I perceive similarities to Saint Julep by Imaginary Authors, which also has a spirit note. Had even very briefly, maybe for about 20 minutes, toyed with the idea of possibly getting this scent. Yes, I'm afraid I'm a booze hound.

As always, I not only spray a small amount on my hand, but also scent a cosmetic tissue in parallel and place it in a room. And what balls me there, when I enter this room again, I like in contrast to the rapturous almost green liquor top note on the back of my hand unfortunately not at all. It's tonka-sweet swathes laced with masses of mulled wine spice and Christmas cookies for cutting. So thick I almost can't find my way into the room. Staggering, I discover the little cloth and again smells so nice, I hold my beak directly to it. But in the projection - terrible! Too sweet, too thick, too violent.
So this is what happens when liquor manufacturers make perfume. They want to turn us all into alcoholics. I can't explain this result any other way. No, you're not supposed to enjoy a little glass or more precisely swirl of it, smile and be happy. No. It has to be the whole bottle. Headaches from sugar and fusel alcohols guaranteed. That Kilian Hennessy's trying to flatten you! Bad, bad!
Unfortunately, this is too much of a good thing for me. With such sillages I'm out. And the further the fragrance develops, the more this divine liquor head note makes itself out and it remains this sweet mush, which I also perceive in the projection.

However, if you need monster sillage with a hangover guarantee and are not averse to heavily sugared alcohols in particular, this Angels Share is for you. The bottle I find beautiful and at least on the photos it looks very valuable. Just like a good cognac. But we remain well-behaved with a little glass. A nice weekend and cheers!
Many thanks to FrauKirsche for the test opportunity.
Faxwn
With you began my love for Parfumo
I'm rarely speechless, actually, but you, dearest Angels Share, are just wow!
And again, I can't think of the right words, rating you properly is impossible. You are a masterpiece. With you my love for Parfumo has begun!

I signed up here about a month ago and the fever took hold of me immediately. I honestly don't even remember how I came across you, somehow I ended up (oops) with a bottling of yours in my mailbox. My best friend was on voice mail for my live first impression, it was my first bottling after all. Letter torn open and I have original immediately said: this is the best perfume I have ever smelled! You arrived with such a blast of cinnamon praline orange liqueur and then that mega vanilla too. Me. Was. Gobsmacked.

Then it was immediately clear, I need you as a flacon. So it happened and whenever I have you on it I feel like kissed by angels, my little Angel? I also do not care if it's over 30 degrees, I just wear you whenever I want. You are too great, for that you are only brought out in the winter, as with many others. What I can understand but still, you're just really a winter bomb.

Now again factually concluding: durability and sillage are really top, you smell him for days still on his clothes and even after showering!
The bottle is uniquely beautiful, which also makes almost worth the price. Yes, the is high, but with the overall package already in order.
Test him if you can, he will blow you away!

Carlitos01
Angels drunk with a boozy perfume
Cognac is a premium grape brandy made in the Cognac region, located in southwest France near Bordeaux. A low-alcohol white wine was produced in this region in the 17th century. It was very much appreciated in the UK and the Scandinavian countries. However, there were some production issues. As it was a very delicate wine and it deteriorated quickly. Governments did not help much either, as high taxes were levied on exported alcoholic beverages.
To solve these problems, some producers decided to distill part of the wine. In this way, high alcohol content was obtained, as if it were a concentrated wine. The tax volume decreased for exports in smaller quantities. The higher alcohol content also increased the longevity of the wine. As with any concentrate, the end-user would only have to add water to get a new wine.

This high-alcohol concentrate was also used to add alcohol to ordinary white wine. However, some of this alcoholic beverage was neither exported nor incorporated into wine. It just aged in oak barrels like any other wine brandy. Over time, the liquid turned a caramel color and lost much of its initial fire. This is how "Cognac" was born, a type of brandy that is produced in the delimited French region of Cognac.
"Young" cognac distillates have floral and fruity notes, but the best cognacs are aged in oak barrels, which largely contribute to the more complex final aroma. During the aging process, there is a natural phenomenon of ethanol evaporation over time, known as "THE ANGELS' SHARE". Evaporation accounts for about 2% of the total cognac initial inventory, or the equivalent of 22 million bottles a year. It just disappears into the air. It's a high price that producers are happy to pay to achieve perfection.
The Angel's Share is a familiar expression found in several books about alcoholic beverages and their history, especially those about cognac. I don't know when the term was first used, but its poetic aspect certainly contributes to its widespread adoption. I can't help but picture a couple of angels waiting in line to get receive their cognac whiff.

Kilian Hennessy is a descendant of the founder of the famous Hennessy Cognac brand. Although he received offers for internships in the family business during his youth, he went his own way with his high-class perfume brand. With Angels' Share, he pays tribute to his legacy. As heir to the renowned French cognac family, he launched a perfume to use from night to dawn at a chic party.

The essential cognac oil has a very complex aroma with aromatic notes of acidity, fruity muscatel grapes, and a complex earthy richness. It has a subtle aroma of wine or brandy, which is sometimes used to highlight the uniqueness of other complementary fragrances. It helps elevate and modify certain notes in perfume formulas and provides a strong background note for lighter and sweeter essences.
Angels' Share is a unisex gourmand perfume designed to appeal to a wide range of buyers. If would be in a different price range, it could compete with the 1 Million Eau de Toilette sales champion. At first glance, I could describe it as brandy and cinnamon in an apple pie. In another simple comment, I could invoke the similarity to Oajan or Hermessence Ambre Narguilé.
The scent is woody, sweet, and spicy. It opens with a note of cognac that persists throughout the perfume evolution, although it is much less potent in the drydown. In the heart, cinnamon becomes, by far, the most noticeable note and mixes with the base duo of praline and vanilla notes. Sandalwood and oak are only weak secondary notes. The global scent is quite sweet, but never in excess. In the dry, a sweet aroma of home cinnamon and apple pie remains, which transmits a mild and spicy warmth.
Angels' Share is not a performance star, despite projecting heavily for nearly three hours. Longevity and silage are slightly above average.
The bottle is reminiscent of a small chic crystal brandy bottle. It is totally feminine when this perfume has a unisex market.

Angels' Share in numbers:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Opening: 10.0 (some cognac with a lot of cinnamon)
DryDown: 9.0 (vanilla and praline with the remaining cinnamon and fading cognac)
Longevity: 8.0 (3 good sprays can last up to 7 ~ 8 hours)
Silage: 8.0 (up to 5 to 6 feet with 3 sprays; projects for more than 3.0 hours)
Exclusivity: 7.5 (it will seem exclusive to many users, but there is an undeniable resemblance to Oajan and Hermessence Ambre Narguilé)
Portability: 6.5 (a nighttime scent for winter and fall)
Versatility: 6.5 (clubs, a night out, and social events)
Praise: 9.5 (You will get the attention of almost everyone. Many compliments will happen for sure)
Quality: 10.0 (above-average quality ingredients, solid bottle, good spray)
Presentation: 7.5 (well accomplished, but too complicated and feminine for my taste)
Price: 6.0 (50 ml for 180.00 USD)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall rating: 8.05 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = do not miss;

Recommendation: This is a sweet chic fragrance. It is a great scent for clubbing and fancy events. At least a decant is recommended for perfume enthusiasts.
Due to its price and specificity, I cannot recommend a blind purchase.

Music: Mark Ronson - "Uptown Funk" featuring Bruno Mars
Ischgelroi
A Great Kilian, but unfortunately not for every day...
Normally I am not such a big fan of Kilian perfumes most simply do not correspond to my preferences or are to me too little universally to carry. Bamboo Harmony has caused with me in addition still very strong head people.

Angels Share I could get through a swap. Actually, I really did not intend to buy / exchange a Kilian, but Angels Share has sounded very interesting and so I came to Angels Share.

Angels Share really has an interesting cognac note. This note is especially good to perceive in the first 30 minutes. The cognac in conjunction with oak and vanilla forms the top note. After those 30 minutes, the cognac pulls back a bit and gives a stage to the other notes. Here we still have cinnamon, sandalwood and the stronger vanilla note. The cognac note combined with oak wood remains permanently above the whole. A truly unique fragrance. The durability could also convince me I could perceive the fragrance about 10-11 hours on my skin. The first hours, the silage is also rather on the stronger side. After about 6-7 hours, Angels Share is rather close to the skin.

Unfortunately, Angels Share does have one major drawback for me. I do not find that the fragrance is suitable for many situations, especially when it gets warmer Angles Share unfortunately no longer fits at all. But I will definitely keep Angels Share, because this fragrance is really unique.

Now for something that I am really very disappointed about and it also makes me mad. Actually, there are three points:

1: everywhere Kilian talks about refill bottle, where do I get this from. Unfortunately, I find here only 250 Ml. I would not want to buy 250 Ml only if I want to fill up my Angels Share.

2: The lid. Yes, the lid has done it to me especially. Here I really think that here is a Dua in front of me. The plastic just seems cheap, why not make glass here. The plastic is quite visibly different from the glass of the bottle. Here I just expect more quality and more premium. It is, after all, a perfume with a high UVP.

3: The packaging: the other Kilian perfumes come with a proper box, or at least with a reasonable bottle quality. Angels Share but comes with a cheap cardboard OVP. I also do not find the price accordingly.

Now but enough grumbled. The fragrance itself is really great.

My love
This perfume won me over, it's the best thing that came out in the perfume market in 2020!
This enveloping warmth and sweetness comes from childhood, Christmas and New Year, smelling of sweet, spicy cookies, a sense of serenity, and that miracles are possible.
The childhood moment of waiting under the New Year's tree for a present and running there early and early in the morning; when, thankfully, there was enough fluffy tinsel and garland with all colors flashing on (albeit artificial) needle branches.
And growing up, it smelled like sweet, spicy cinnamon baked goods with good, expensive alcohol. And this is also a moment of happiness.
In general, my association with this perfume is the happiness you experience during the New Year and Christmas holidays. A fragrance that can take you back to the carefree childhood memories of those cozy winter days.
The perfume is very warm and spicy, enveloping like cashmere, ideal for November and winter in general. I can't help but
be glad it is! I loved it so much, I'm ready to wear it all year round!)
I also want to mention the design of the bottle - it's a love
Nordnase
....stirred AND shaken and NO martini....
A few weeks ago, this new fragrance sweetheart was allowed to move in with me and today is also the time for a suitable review about it - earlier it was called simply comment... ;-)
Curious by the incessant hype on the net I have now bought it and am at the moment moderately taken.

Delivered in an attractive cardboard box safe, the bottle is already a freaky thing in itself, reminiscent of a whiskey glass and one would like to start almost, would not there be the sprayer ... (well, the eye finally smells with!!) ;-))))))

STOP !!! Do not drink ! Oh soooo, it's a fragrance. So let's get to this one.

There he is, standing in front of me as if on a bar counter, saying with a wink, "Baby, try me !"
I don't hesitate. Zack, sprayed. Whoo....

Loud from the start, cognac notes and (unspecified) sweet pickled fruits roar about. I smell pears, oddly enough.
(Note: maybe there's something wrong with my nose and it's already damaged by known medical tests?)

Pears marinated in tonka and cinnamon, with custard.
And cognac.
All served in a huge wooden bowl.
And cognac.
Top it off with a pinch of chocolate sprinkles.
And cognac again.

Crazy Zeusch is des. On top of a brandy bean!

Gourmandis are already my thing, but noble restrained they must be (bspw. Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain). Angels' Share is boozy and a bit Schickimicki, fits perfectly to the gender and mobile phone generation.

Still, I like it, kind of, a little. I'll have to sniff my way in with the Harald Juhnke booze-brother cut, we'll have to get to know each other first.
Fragrance love takes its time - I give it.

One thing is clear: he is not a fragrance for the office, rather for going out and / or special occasions. I wonder just when there will be again. So, Angels' Share must be patient in the application still something...

All in all, I do not regret the purchase, one should go with the times (?)
Please give me a bad word without K.... ?

ALLOHOL
;-)))))))))
No alcohol is not the answer either

Eberlin
You're not gonna drink my cognac
The top note cognac was decisive for the fact that I decided to test this not so cheap fragrance on me. Boozy fragrances have basically a good chance with me, if they can show what extraordinary.
Well, when I sprayed it on my first thought was, "wait a minute you know it from somewhere ". Since I still have the PdM Oajan at home, I did not want to skip the comparison on both wrists.
The opening is very similar with both, because it comes through the cinnamon club. Then you notice but quite quickly the difference, because with angels share a pretty thin grape cognac note shows up, while Oajan smells first after honey and then goes into the smoky.
Who expects it because great cognac smell longer in the nose to feel, which will probably be disappointed, because the cinnamon as so often, the fragrance very dominates.
I read, there should also be a (synthetic)Praline drinne. For me, this comes more from the marketing department, or my nose is just not good enough. I smell rather a very pleasant and light vanilla, after 2 hours.
Overall, this is for me a more pleasant light version of Oajan and not a bad fragrance.
Who is considering spending the money on the perfume, I can only recommend to try Oajan before, because you get him for much cheaper with better durability.
Samsara31
Cinnamon and toothpaste ?!
Beautiful cinnamon and cognac note, nice "Booziness", but then unfortunately comes a kind of minty "toothpaste" smell to it, which smells very strong and penetrating and stings in the nose and very disturbs.
Too bad, because actually I love gourmandy / cinnamony fragrances reminiscent of Christmas baking. Gestade therefore Angels Share was really a disappointment for me. I am very glad I tested before buying ! Almost bought it blindly because I was sure based on the scent pyrsmide that I should like it....
But I must say that the performance, both sillage, and durability are very good ! A spray on the arm lasted 10-12 hours!

Conclusion: Not worth the hype! No safe blind buy! If he likes - super performance
Donnagirl
Sometimes the scent finds you too!
Actually, I did not want to run after a hype fragrance more, properly hooked, the fall is too violent. Usually you screw the expectations so high that you can only be disappointed. But of course I liked the bottle very much and the fragrance pyramid also spoke to me. So the fragrance came on the watch list but I did not actively chase him.

I was just exchanging scents with dear perfumer @Duygu when she offered to send me your last two sprays of Angels Share. Well, now I do not say no.

The fragrance mail arrived and I unwrapped 3-4 samples. I ripped the cap off the tester and held my nose directly to the atomizer. Mmmhhh yes, oh yesaaaaahhhh , meeeehhhhrrrr. That's a good one, that could be mine. But please let's not do it too fast. Let's take it slow, take our time to get to know each other better. It's not like we have a lot of options. Two sprays max.

Lovingly, I rewrap the good piece and set him aside. For a special moment.
Friday was finally the day. I had it all planned out. A new season of a favorite show is starting so the timing was fixed. Housework done, dog walked. Now only extensively shower and cream and then we both nice cuddle together on the couch. Naaa well, my husband was now also still there.

So after the shower, the days of waiting and anticipation found your climax with a satisfying spray of this gift to the gods. My dear Kilian, this one is not from bad parents. Hot!

20:15
A glass of fine cognac meets a caramel praline with hazelnuts. The oak I perceive only very slightly (actually a pity), sandalwood I do not get at all, for that the other notes are too strong for me. Tonka, vanilla and cinnamon - everything there what the heart desires.

20:25
From now on, the cinnamon takes the lead, the others have times off. This goes on for about half an hour, since the really turns on.

21:00
The cinnamon calms down a bit and I can really enjoy the scent. It follows the classic game - nose - wrist / wrist - nose. Again and again, just beautiful. I rave and also my husband nods benevolently. He asks what the fragrance is called, where to get it, how much it costs. Aha, someone is really interested. During the commercial break, we keep checking the net. Offers, reviews, offers, YT movies, offers...

24:00
My show is over, but the scent still projects. Cognac, vanilla and tonka combine in drydown to form Rat Pak and do me the honors. In my head sounds Frank Sinatra and accompanies me gallantly to bed.

7:00 AM
Waking up, crumpled with my eyes closed I struggle out of bed. Oh, I had sooo sweet dreams and now already again the harsh reality in the mirror - In the middle of your face. Almost like remote control my wrist wanders to my nose. Nonsense, it can't be. But a touch of cognac and vanilla toka cream very close to the skin, delicate and beautiful.

18:30
Fragrance moves to the shopping cart.

Friday, a week later, the fragrance is delivered.
20:15 Showered, sprayed and ready for the next episode.

So from trial sniff to purchase, not 24 hours. More I do not have to say actually. Love at first smell.

The scent is very sweet-gourmand and boozy-smelly. You have to like that already. Especially cinnamon tones in between violently and projects neatly. The durability is really above average. Today I sprayed the fragrance times on my husband. He likes the very much on me but on himself he does not like it - is too sweet for him. On him the cognac came through even more and the oak barrel was fantastic too. I like the scent on him too. But so it is better for me - I do not have to share him (hihihi).

I don't need to say much about the bottle, very nice, glass on the bottom, plastic on top. Atomizer is ok - not as awesome as Penhaligon's. Umkarton also rather normal.

When do I wear it. A fragrance for the evening, go away, meet with friends in the favorite bar, go out to dinner. To just have fun, to make my husband happy and Tuesday he comes with me to the office. There the fragrance and the colleagues must now times through. Are only a few on site;-) Soon it will definitely be too warm for this fragrance. I would say as of today, a late autumn-winter fragrance.

So, then I can actually sign off Perfumo, holy grail is found, shock infatuated is a hook on it. Task fulfilled.

But nooo, is much too beautiful here and besides, woman needs several grails. One for the winter, spring, transition - one to the green jacket, etc. So you must unfortunately still read one or the other comment - or read over;-)

Hicks, your Donnagirl

Not worth the hype
One has almost the feeling to have missed something, if one has not tested Angels' Share of Kilian last year.
So when I saw a good deal the other day, I snapped it up and bought the scent blind. Well, not really blind, because here are so some fragrance twins indicated that I know.

Right up front: for all those who also have fear of missing out here - all good, you miss with Angels' Share nothing earth-shattering.
The prelude is spectacular, but after that it smells, like many other fragrances, some of which are especially much more affordable.
Angels' Share is nevertheless a fabulous fragrance with good performance, even if durability and sillage could be better.
The combination of sweet cognac, tipsy vanilla, delicate woods and lots of cinnamon is totally unisex and wearable every day in the colder seasons.

Sometimes I perceive something minty (toothpaste? After Eight?) in the drydown, which I absolutely can not assign.

ScentwitchScentwitch 22 days ago
An absolute joy and luxury to wear. Perfect for fall and winter or for date nights.
MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
Ambery boozy sweet gourmand with great performance and totally unisex. The best Kilian in all aspects!
MrKaraMrKara 1 month ago
That cognac combined with the cinnamon and tonkabean and vanilla makes this a very beautiful boozy gourmand fragrance. This stuff is amazing
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 3 months ago
It's good, but not unique. To me it's like a more complex and airy Pure Tonka (Mugler). Personally, i choose Pure Tonka. Don't stone me, lol
InbnkInbnk 3 months ago
Angel's Share is one of the best gourmand-boozy in my list. Classy and elegant with superior bottle. Cheers!!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 months ago
At first glance, I could describe it as brandy and a lot of cinnamon in a vanilla custard pie. But it works! Ladies love it!
PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 7 months ago
Easy to like, easy to wear, easy to buy, easy to let go. Projection on point.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 8 months ago
Delicious boozy scent. I’m in love with the opening of this perfume. Although, I don't like the drydown the same way
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Brandy with a lot of cinnamon. Sweetness and tonka bean. It's a cozy scent but you can buy a bottle of Terre d'Évasion for €7,00.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 10 months ago
A hyped fragrance without nothing new. In the same ballpark as 1 Million Privé or Fleur Universalle. Cinnamon, Tonka and a boozy touch. 3/5

*on the rocks* ... Happy New Year  2021 wünsch ich euch allen ♥
by Ray89
by MrKara
by MrKara

Popular Kilian

Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Love the way you Taste by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian