Angels' Share 2020

Angels' Share by Kilian
Angels' Share is a new perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Benoist Lapouza

Top Notes Top NotesCognac
Heart Notes Heart NotesOak absolute, Cinnamon, Tonka bean absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Praliné, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.01.2021.

Small escapes
I need comfort, but so much
so much lost, so much not there
nothing is fair and nothing is good
but there are the little escapes,
Mini micro so small
in my darkness they
Maxi Macro
and get me through the day
He's there and he'll stay
always there for you
He puts his coat
around my shoulder
I snuggle up to him
and for a moment
i think :Everything will be alright!
the little escapes
into a really beautiful world!
Just enjoy
After all the comments in the www, I was very excited about the new fragrance and wanted to try it. The expectations were huge- and yes, what can I say- an angel in the bottle. The scent is so delicate, a little sweet, wood and vanilla come out very well. Simply to fall in love and feel good. There is one small downer though- the scent is instant, all the ingredients are immediately recognizable and stay until the end. Otherwise, however, a great fragrance that should definitely be discovered

Christmas cookie with a touch of Cherry in Cognac ^.^
I got this perfume here as a share from one of the community members. When i sprayed it on for the first time, I though i do not like it. Usually I was never interested in sweet perfumes, and moreover i do not like cinnamon. BUt! After some time the perfume started opening with new waves of aroma, that impressed me, and now it is one of my favorite christmas Perfumes. I smell like christmas cookie, with a filling of a cherry in cognac )) the sccent is very mild, it does not overwhelm you and is not heavy. you smell it once and you feel cognac, wait for couple of minutes and here comes very mice cinnamon, followed by "drunk" cherry. CHerry note was surprising, but it is such a beautiful final touch.

In general I understand that some people might not like it, but it definitely worth a try. buy a sample and try to wear it for a day or two.

Ptsau
Literally cognac in a crystal glass!
My Kilian ambassador invited me to the launch webinar of the liquor line and sent me the samples of them within a week of webinar. I tried and LOVE this Angels Share so I immediately placed the order with my ambassador (5 days from launching) but was already out of stock. I was on the waiting list for weeks and finally received a bottle now.

I love how boozy, dark, sensual it is in a gourmandish way. I don’t really get the vibe of oriental woody in the opening or heart, it is more in the base with the vanilla. The cognac is pretty prominent, which I love the most about it. It is so addictive like other Kilian’s but different. One of the bests from Kilian.

Performance is great but not superb. 8 hours longevity and great projection after 30 minutes then the projection last at least 4 hours. It’s is different than the other fragrances, its opening project weaker than the heart. Cognac and cinnamon last all the way with the oak starting from the heart. It becomes more woody when the base starting with the presence of cognac, vanilla and oak.

The presentation is gorgeous. Real crystal bottle and the color of the juice that makes it looks like the cognac in a crystal glass. Although the cap is plastic (heard they did it on purpose to avoid dropping and breaking it), the quality of the plastic cap is too good that looks like the same crystal as the bottle, which you can’t tell the difference by looking at the bottle until you hold the cap.

It is a 10/10 for me but try first before buying a FB because my sister doesn’t like it as the cognac and cinnamon are too much for her. Perfume scents preferences are very personal. People have different tastes.

For insatiable angels
The term Angels' Share, which means "Angel's Share" or "Gulp of Angels", originally comes from the field of whisky or also wine or cognac production and mystically describes the process of evaporation that occurs when the liquid more or less disappears during the long barrel maturation.

A beautiful name for a thoroughly successful eau de parfum that puts its accents on the gourmand side of the fragrance world.
Right from the first sip or impression, Angels' Share makes it clear that we are dealing with a full-bodied Kilian who wants to be perceived as very noble. From the bottle, derived from a stylish tumbler, I thought whisky would play a role, but it seems that cognac was the target. Not too bad, as long as it's spirit and plenty of it in an almost liqueur-like sweetness with a fat lump of cinnamon and a knife point of vanilla, aged in oak wood. Well, the wood part is rather drowning, but the mentioned ingredients are banging all the more.

This fragrance almost screams for exclusive (but not aloof) events such as opera evenings, ballet performances, vernissage and New Year's Eve balls as far as this is possible again without restrictions. For sweet noses and angelic creatures with taker quality almost a must, for teetotalers and others possibly an infernal olfactory signal.
Sit down, have a drink
First and foremost, I must confess that the Angels Share was indeed a blind purchase. Since I have a fetish for beautiful and exclusive flacons anyway, it convinced me all the way. Noble and at the same time a great concept with the cognac glass. My head ordered me to sin, fortunately I did that too
The smell:
ANGEL'S SHARE begins in the top note, as indicated very boozy, not alcoholic but rather appetising. This note actually runs through the whole fragrance. After the base, a sweetish praline and cinnamon accord is added, making the fragrance more and more gourmand. You get the feeling of biting yourself because it smells incredibly delicious. Since the Angels share process takes place in wooden barrels, the oak wood is added, which makes the fragrance slightly more masculine for me and more suited to a man. (but for the ladies as well, of course. In the drydown there is an additional liquorice note not mentioned. Think some anise has been added. Which of course does not bother me as a person of Turkish origin. (national spirit Rakı). In the base the fragrance is very creamy, sweet, woody. Through and through a very successful fragrance for autumn and winter.

Conclusion:
So far it is the third Kilian I have tried. First Back to black then the moonlight in heaven and now the Angels Share. I do not regret my blind purchase one bit. This fragrance will remain in my collection. Sit down on the leather couch, take a Cuban cigar from the box and take a sip

Drunken sobriety
Oh boy, first time I've sprayed this I was thrilled immediately. This is elegant, sophisticated, perfectly blended. Even the person that is not drinking will be drunk after smelling this, because this is so gorgeous, intoxicated scent. Cognac, cinnamon and woods are clearly detectable. I also detect some minty note, but it's not mint...I guess it's the oak, which is listed as a note as well.
Not too sweet, just perfect. Longevity is 8h, with a decent projection, and on clothes the scent remains for days. Perfect for colder days.
Bottle is amazing, one of the best bottles out there, 10 out of 10.
An exquisite droplet
The first thing I must mention is this beautiful bottle, like art deco , a heavy glass from which you drink only the most expensive and exquisite and high-proof . Also the fragrance itself is exquisite and fetches me directly after the first spray, warm, heavy, sweetish and woody. This is how it must have smelled a long time ago in these noble smoking salons. I say deliberately scented because a good tobacco, which was sometimes decorated with unusual accessories, left its mark in the room for many hours.
The perfume has a large and engaging body, said in advance it suits both the ladies and the men. The slightly smoky - spicy - sweet smell remains and becomes dark and heavy for me. The thought of a cozy and crackling fireplace fire comes to my mind, as an associated comparison for the cosy, warm and sensual feeling when wearing this noble water. A tasty gourmand that certainly doesn't fit every day but is very welcome for the coming cold season. Price is about 180 Euro, clearly good is expensive and the name obligates well

Landshark321
Lovely boozy, sweet, nutty cognac blend
Sampling one of the latest from By Kilian, Angels’ Share, one of the two new releases of their Liquors collection (along with Roses on Ice). Angels’ Share is inspired by the phrase that refers to the volume of aging spirits or wine lost due to evaporation during the aging process, and the fragrance is a nod to Kilian Hennessey’s family empire of cognac, specifically, which is the featured note, along with hazelnut and oak, per the house website, though other sources list notes of praline, vanilla, sandalwood, cinnamon, and tonka.

Nutty and boozy have to be the most apt two descriptors, but it’s quite sweet but not too sweet, I would argue, and there is a slightly woody base underneath it all that, and there’s a vague sharpness that ties the nuttiness to the sweetness and booziness. And it really feels like a sweet boozy take on cognac rather than, say, whiskey (as in Single Malt), so cognac fans should fined.

I think that some might very well find the sweet/sharp mix to be a little much for their liking, but it’s not among the very sweetest boozy fragrances I’ve smelled, nor is it overwhelmingly nutty. Still, it leans toward the sweet cognac mostly, followed by the nuts (a mix of hazelnut and tonka is how I’d describe it), and then some woods, for which oak seems right on the money.

Angels’ Share is very nice, roughly on par with Apple Brandy, though still a clear notch below Single Malt in terms of best of the boozy fragrances of the house. It performs quite well, with very loud projection to start and quite good longevity, equivalent to my experience with most of the darker fragrances in the house.

The retail pricing of both Angels’ Share and Roses on Ice is somewhat modest (basically as inexpensive as their fragrances get), at $195 for 50ml, but this may very well due to be presentation, which does not seem to include one of the brand’s signature wooden coffrets.

8 out of 10

HugoMontezHugoMontez 16 days ago
A hyped fragrance without nothing new. In the same ballpark as 1 Million Privé or Fleur Universalle. Cinnamon, Tonka and a boozy touch. 3/5
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 25 days ago
A rather dusty, yet warm and gentle spicy-woody Gourmand, balanced by an inviting boozy-sweet opening. More masculine.
ExxellenceExxellence 4 months ago
Boozy sweet cinnamon roll. It's boozy but not too sweet, too heavy or too loud. It's perfectly blended. A beautiful & sophisticated scent.

*on the rocks* ... Happy New Year  2021 wünsch ich euch allen ♥
by Jaromil
by Leilasun
by Leilasun

Popular Kilian

Intoxicated by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian Love the way you Taste by Kilian