Angels' Share 2020

Angels' Share by Kilian
Top 45 in Unisex Perfume
Angels' Share is a new perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Benoist Lapouza

Top Notes Top NotesCognac
Heart Notes Heart NotesOak absolute, Cinnamon, Tonka bean absolute
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Praliné, Vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.04.2021.

Nordnase
....stirred AND shaken and NO martini....
A few weeks ago, this new fragrance sweetheart was allowed to move in with me and today is also the time for a suitable review about it - earlier it was called simply comment... ;-)
Curious by the incessant hype on the net I have now bought it and am at the moment moderately taken.

Delivered in an attractive cardboard box safe, the bottle is already a freaky thing in itself, reminiscent of a whiskey glass and one would like to start almost, would not there be the sprayer ... (well, the eye finally smells with!!) ;-))))))

STOP !!! Do not drink ! Oh soooo, it's a fragrance. So let's get to this one.

There he is, standing in front of me as if on a bar counter, saying with a wink, "Baby, try me !"
I don't hesitate. Zack, sprayed. Whoo....

Loud from the start, cognac notes and (unspecified) sweet pickled fruits roar about. I smell pears, oddly enough.
(Note: maybe there's something wrong with my nose and it's already damaged by known medical tests?)

Pears marinated in tonka and cinnamon, with custard.
And cognac.
All served in a huge wooden bowl.
And cognac.
Top it off with a pinch of chocolate sprinkles.
And cognac again.

Crazy Zeusch is des. On top of a brandy bean!

Gourmandis are already my thing, but noble restrained they must be (bspw. Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain). Angels' Share is boozy and a bit Schickimicki, fits perfectly to the gender and mobile phone generation.

Still, I like it, kind of, a little. I'll have to sniff my way in with the Harald Juhnke booze-brother cut, we'll have to get to know each other first.
Fragrance love takes its time - I give it.

One thing is clear: he is not a fragrance for the office, rather for going out and / or special occasions. I wonder just when there will be again. So, Angels' Share must be patient in the application still something...

All in all, I do not regret the purchase, one should go with the times (?)
Please give me a bad word without K.... ?

ALLOHOL
;-)))))))))
No alcohol is not the answer either

Eberlin
You're not gonna drink my cognac
The top note cognac was decisive for the fact that I decided to test this not so cheap fragrance on me. Boozy fragrances have basically a good chance with me, if they can show what extraordinary.
Well, when I sprayed it on my first thought was, "wait a minute you know it from somewhere ". Since I still have the PdM Oajan at home, I did not want to skip the comparison on both wrists.
The opening is very similar with both, because it comes through the cinnamon club. Then you notice but quite quickly the difference, because with angels share a pretty thin grape cognac note shows up, while Oajan smells first after honey and then goes into the smoky.
Who expects it because great cognac smell longer in the nose to feel, which will probably be disappointed, because the cinnamon as so often, the fragrance very dominates.
I read, there should also be a (synthetic)Praline drinne. For me, this comes more from the marketing department, or my nose is just not good enough. I smell rather a very pleasant and light vanilla, after 2 hours.
Overall, this is for me a more pleasant light version of Oajan and not a bad fragrance.
Who is considering spending the money on the perfume, I can only recommend to try Oajan before, because you get him for much cheaper with better durability.
Samsara31
Cinnamon and toothpaste ?!
Beautiful cinnamon and cognac note, nice "Booziness", but then unfortunately comes a kind of minty "toothpaste" smell to it, which smells very strong and penetrating and stings in the nose and very disturbs.
Too bad, because actually I love gourmandy / cinnamony fragrances reminiscent of Christmas baking. Gestade therefore Angels Share was really a disappointment for me. I am very glad I tested before buying ! Almost bought it blindly because I was sure based on the scent pyrsmide that I should like it....
But I must say that the performance, both sillage, and durability are very good ! A spray on the arm lasted 10-12 hours!

Conclusion: Not worth the hype! No safe blind buy! If he likes - super performance
Donnagirl
Sometimes the scent finds you too!
Actually, I did not want to run after a hype fragrance more, properly hooked, the fall is too violent. Usually you screw the expectations so high that you can only be disappointed. But of course I liked the bottle very much and the fragrance pyramid also spoke to me. So the fragrance came on the watch list but I did not actively chase him.

I was just exchanging scents with dear perfumer @Duygu when she offered to send me your last two sprays of Angels Share. Well, now I do not say no.

The fragrance mail arrived and I unwrapped 3-4 samples. I ripped the cap off the tester and held my nose directly to the atomizer. Mmmhhh yes, oh yesaaaaahhhh , meeeehhhhrrrr. That's a good one, that could be mine. But please let's not do it too fast. Let's take it slow, take our time to get to know each other better. It's not like we have a lot of options. Two sprays max.

Lovingly, I rewrap the good piece and set him aside. For a special moment.
Friday was finally the day. I had it all planned out. A new season of a favorite show is starting so the timing was fixed. Housework done, dog walked. Now only extensively shower and cream and then we both nice cuddle together on the couch. Naaa well, my husband was now also still there.

So after the shower, the days of waiting and anticipation found your climax with a satisfying spray of this gift to the gods. My dear Kilian, this one is not from bad parents. Hot!

20:15
A glass of fine cognac meets a caramel praline with hazelnuts. The oak I perceive only very slightly (actually a pity), sandalwood I do not get at all, for that the other notes are too strong for me. Tonka, vanilla and cinnamon - everything there what the heart desires.

20:25
From now on, the cinnamon takes the lead, the others have times off. This goes on for about half an hour, since the really turns on.

21:00
The cinnamon calms down a bit and I can really enjoy the scent. It follows the classic game - nose - wrist / wrist - nose. Again and again, just beautiful. I rave and also my husband nods benevolently. He asks what the fragrance is called, where to get it, how much it costs. Aha, someone is really interested. During the commercial break, we keep checking the net. Offers, reviews, offers, YT movies, offers...

24:00
My show is over, but the scent still projects. Cognac, vanilla and tonka combine in drydown to form Rat Pak and do me the honors. In my head sounds Frank Sinatra and accompanies me gallantly to bed.

7:00 AM
Waking up, crumpled with my eyes closed I struggle out of bed. Oh, I had sooo sweet dreams and now already again the harsh reality in the mirror - In the middle of your face. Almost like remote control my wrist wanders to my nose. Nonsense, it can't be. But a touch of cognac and vanilla toka cream very close to the skin, delicate and beautiful.

18:30
Fragrance moves to the shopping cart.

Friday, a week later, the fragrance is delivered.
20:15 Showered, sprayed and ready for the next episode.

So from trial sniff to purchase, not 24 hours. More I do not have to say actually. Love at first smell.

The scent is very sweet-gourmand and boozy-smelly. You have to like that already. Especially cinnamon tones in between violently and projects neatly. The durability is really above average. Today I sprayed the fragrance times on my husband. He likes the very much on me but on himself he does not like it - is too sweet for him. On him the cognac came through even more and the oak barrel was fantastic too. I like the scent on him too. But so it is better for me - I do not have to share him (hihihi).

I don't need to say much about the bottle, very nice, glass on the bottom, plastic on top. Atomizer is ok - not as awesome as Penhaligon's. Umkarton also rather normal.

When do I wear it. A fragrance for the evening, go away, meet with friends in the favorite bar, go out to dinner. To just have fun, to make my husband happy and Tuesday he comes with me to the office. There the fragrance and the colleagues must now times through. Are only a few on site;-) Soon it will definitely be too warm for this fragrance. I would say as of today, a late autumn-winter fragrance.

So, then I can actually sign off Perfumo, holy grail is found, shock infatuated is a hook on it. Task fulfilled.

But nooo, is much too beautiful here and besides, woman needs several grails. One for the winter, spring, transition - one to the green jacket, etc. So you must unfortunately still read one or the other comment - or read over;-)

Hicks, your Donnagirl

Not worth the hype
One has almost the feeling to have missed something, if one has not tested Angels' Share of Kilian last year.
So when I saw a good deal the other day, I snapped it up and bought the scent blind. Well, not really blind, because here are so some fragrance twins indicated that I know.

Right up front: for all those who also have fear of missing out here - all good, you miss with Angels' Share nothing earth-shattering.
The prelude is spectacular, but after that it smells, like many other fragrances, some of which are especially much more affordable.
Angels' Share is nevertheless a fabulous fragrance with good performance, even if durability and sillage could be better.
The combination of sweet cognac, tipsy vanilla, delicate woods and lots of cinnamon is totally unisex and wearable every day in the colder seasons.

Sometimes I perceive something minty (toothpaste? After Eight?) in the drydown, which I absolutely can not assign.

Exquisite
I was given a generous sample of Angels’ Share and wasn’t sure I would like it, as I’m not into “boozy” perfumes. My mind was blown with this one.

I fell in love immediately. Although there is no cherry specifically mentioned in the notes, I smell a strong one with cinnamon. The cognac perhaps? I don’t drink it, so not sure.

The scent is warm and inviting. It’s begging for intimacy. The vanilla is there constantly, not in your face though. The ingredients are mixed well.

Sillage good, longevity good, bottle gorgeous. The price in the US is $195.
This perfume will be my next splurge!
Worth the Hype!
Even though the very cold days are (hopefully) numbered for now, I couldn't resist bringing him into the house.

The beautiful cognac note draws you immediately under its spell and always remains pleasantly in the foreground. It is framed by wonderful cinnamon, delicious vanilla and some wood, which makes the Angels' Share a real experience.

Fans of alkolischen Gourmands, come here thanks to great performance long at their expense. On top of that, the flacon is visually an absolute highlight.

Cumulnimbus
I'll stick to other warm boozy perfumes
I own Ambre Narguile already and I prefer it to this one, it is more elegant and performs better. I own a couple of others with a friendly price tag that belong to this family for those interested in the style but unable to spend such money quantities: Dolcelisir and Fauve de Nagada. Ambre Narguile is not an affordable perfume either but at least you are adding to your collection the original promoter of these kind of blend.

I understand the love for Angel's share but it doesn't give me enough reasons to love it.
Angel's Share
My darling ❤ where have you been so long? Now I've found you and I'll never let you go!
You are a rarity for my taste buds!

The scent is so beautiful and so delicate.... Hints of vanilla, cognac, tonka bean and cinnamon waft around me and make me dream of a feel-good place.

The scent is a cozy promise and makes me relax really comfortably. Very delicious, almost to bite into and really classy and long lasting.

My perfect winter fragrance, a soul caressing ... ! ❤
He's coming to the bar
The comes with me at least really in the bar, if the fragrance is used up one day times and the beautiful 250ml decanter is then empty, it is breathed new life with a noble cognac
But now to the fragrance, the first thing I erschnupper is a pleasant cognac note that is quite quickly displaced by a massive load of cinnamon, it comes to an apple reminiscent of cider or Calvados and together with the cinnamon comes the association of Christmas with baked apple or apple pie out.
The sweet vanilla note of the tonka bean then comes to it, which becomes more intense with time and finally becomes a woody vanilla note in the base. It is a very nice and exciting scent progression that simply expresses "feel good". It's one of those scents that you don't want to wear for any purpose, you just want to spray it on and let yourself fall, so better spray it on before bed, you'll fall softer ;)

To the Sillage and durability I can say unfortunately still little, it seems to me quite strong and long-lasting, I become but unfortunately quite quickly smell blind and take fragrances then no longer as perceived as on other people, maybe I spray him times on my girlfriend :P

PS: these are now my first thoughts on the fragrance I could try today first time and I will expand this comment and elaborate when I have tested the fragrance more :D

PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 1 month ago
Easy to like, easy to wear, easy to buy, easy to let go. Projection on point.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 months ago
Delicious boozy scent. I’m in love with the opening of this perfume. Although, I don't like the drydown the same way
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Brandy with a lot of cinnamon. Sweetness and tonka bean. It's a cozy scent but you can buy a bottle of Terre d'Évasion for €7,00.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 4 months ago
A hyped fragrance without nothing new. In the same ballpark as 1 Million Privé or Fleur Universalle. Cinnamon, Tonka and a boozy touch. 3/5
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 4 months ago
A rather dusty, yet warm and gentle spicy-woody Gourmand, balanced by an inviting boozy-sweet opening. More masculine.
ExxellenceExxellence 7 months ago
Boozy sweet cinnamon roll. It's boozy but not too sweet, too heavy or too loud. It's perfectly blended. A beautiful & sophisticated scent.

*on the rocks* ... Happy New Year  2021 wünsch ich euch allen ♥
by Leilasun
by Ela35
by Ela35

Popular Kilian

Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian