I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess - Rose de Mai 2019

I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess - Rose de Mai by Kilian
I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess - Rose de Mai is a popular limited perfume by Kilian for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation Limited Edition

Honorine Blanc

GingerGinger Bulgarian damask roseBulgarian damask rose May rose absoluteMay rose absolute Green teaGreen tea MarshmallowMarshmallow

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.05.2022.

No love at first "sight
The bottle looks great. High quality and absolutely not 0815. The golden ball is nice to look at and makes some her. The title of the fragrance had also done it to me. I thought he would scream "HERE I AM AND I DO NOT NEED A PRINCE!"
Now for the scent. After reading the description I was a little skeptical. I'm usually a sucker for sweet. And then I saw ginger and tea. The description made me kind of curious. A very dear perfumer swapped with me, so a few days later I had the scent in my hands. I unwrapped it and was just afraid to be disappointed.
The first spray. This one I was unfortunately as expected. I smelled directly, and immediately took something fresh. Something which did not fit at all in my collection. A few hours later I smelled again and suddenly he smelled sweet. But not sugary sweet, but fresh sweet. The floral note was just right, not too synthetic or too intense. I suddenly liked it a little. Maybe I needed to get used to this fresh? Mh, I gave it another chance to convince me the next day. And I have to say, it did the trick. It is fresh and sweet at the same time. Just right for everyday wear or work. It doesn't scream "here I am" but is still noticeable and present. On me, it holds up amazingly well. Confident, free, young. Princess just.
I like it a lot now because it's easy to wear every day. Nevertheless, I would say that you should wear it rather in the spring / summer, by this freshness he has to offer. It was perhaps not love at first "look" but definitely on the second!

Springtime fluffy romance
This version is a more romantic and spring-like interpretation of the original Princess. It smells like rose flavored marshmallows sprinkled with matcha. I can't detect any ginger though. Princess Rose de Mai is powdery, soft, a bit sweet and perfect for spring time.

Longevity is good (around 8 hours) and the sillage sits rather close - you'll be able to smell and enjoy yourself but likely won't distract anyone around.

I personally like this one so much that I have made it my 2020 spring signature.
Delicacies with roses
Yesterday's wedding anniversary and the husband was wearing the pants.

He volunteered to follow me to Douglas and let me browse in peace.

Oops - there's Kilian on the shelves now !

The long but beautiful title made me smile.

And the fragrance is also humorous and cheerful.

The ginger is fortunately not hot, but adapts harmoniously to the full rose.
But then it becomes sweet with the sweet Mairose - which is gently surrounded by a bright teen note.
The Marshmellow clay looks delicious and attractively playful.

Little Tina doesn't want to be picked up from the Douglas children's paradise.
No, she wanted to think about this interesting scent.

This turn from the initial elegance to the playfulness is already apart.

But I'm still thinking about buying one.

Popular by Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian L'Heure Verte by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy on the Rocks by Kilian