Roses on Ice 2020

Roses on Ice by Kilian
Roses on Ice is a new perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Frank Voelkl

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Cucumber, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosa centifolia
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.01.2021.

Ptsau
The strong cucumber kills the whole perfume for my taste!
I got samples of this and Angels’ Share from my Kilian ambassador right after attending the launching webinar. I fell in love with AS immediately but not the Roses on Ice. It starts out quite refreshing without the strong citrus that I usually dislike so I thought I would love it but oh no...I can’t stand the strong cucumber note. The cucumber note doesn’t start as strong in the opening so I did like the opening but it would get stronger and stronger after going into the heart notes. It’s too strong to a point that I could smell a fishy green scent on myself and it lasts all the way to the base. Doesn’t go away. The cucumber really kills this perfume for my taste. I wish the cucumber note could be much toned down or even be taken out. I finally got a full bottle of AS and loving it. AS is a 10/10 perfume for me and Roses on Ice is 3/10. They both perform well tho.

Not my kind of drink
This is a weird scent. The first thing I thought of when sampling it in the boutique was The Body Shop's Cucucmber shower gel my daughter used to get years ago. Considering it's price I don't want to be smelling like a cucumber, nor like a washed teenager...

In the opening it is all about the watery cucumbers. After it dries down on the skin teeny-tiny amount of juniper and synthetic peomosa molecule appear and remain there till the scent dies. Poor projection, average longevity, basic women's department store cologne. Calling it "elegant/sophisticated" is harder than keeping in a sneeze in the middle of Tesco in 2020.

Landshark321
Not much gin/juniper, mostly vegetable
Sampling the other offering from the new By Kilian liquors duo, Roses on Ice, which is based on a gin note, with fragrant notes of cucumber, rose juniper, and sandalwood per the Kilian website, and additional notes of lime, sandalwood, and musk per other sources. I don’t get much gin or juniper, myself, but I get plenty of rose, cucumber, and musk, with perhaps a dash of sandalwood.

On my skin, it’s mostly a fresh, somewhat floral, somewhat vegetable experience, slightly smoothed over by musk. It’s not particularly boozy at all, and I don’t get much juniper or gin. So unfortunately, Roses on Ice pales in comparison, in terms of literal juice color as well as scent profile, to Angels’ Share, the other new Liquors entry By Kilian.

Like Angels’ Share, Roses on Ice is priced at $195 for 50ml, a relatively low price for the house that I estimate has to do with the lack of ornate wooden coffret.

6 out of 10

by KevScheu
by KevScheu

Popular Kilian

Intoxicated by Kilian Angels' Share by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian Sweet Redemption The End (Perfume) by Kilian