Roses on Ice 2020

Roses on Ice by Kilian
Roses on Ice is a new perfume by Kilian for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Frank Voelkl

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Cucumber, Juniper berry
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosa centifolia
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.05.2021.

MelOn
A cocktail evening for two...
...would be one of the occasions where I would like to wear this fragrance.
I was allowed to test the fragrance today thanks to the great hiking letter from GrünesMeer and I'm very happy about it. I think without him I would never have come across this fragrance.

In the first moment of spraying I perceive a very cool, almost iced rose. But it is also tangy at the same time, like a delicious drink.
Then goes on very limettig and at the same time also gurkig. Who knows me well, will know that my favorite cocktail for the summer is the Moscow Mule. And that's exactly what this fragrance reminds me at this moment. Though without the ginger note from the ginger berry. Maybe also of a gin and tonic, but since I'm more of a vodka drinker, that association is more obvious to me.
It's icy cool and very refreshing. I sit back and enjoy this drink. I barely notice the rose in the cool progression.
As it progresses, the scent gets a little warmer, like a drink when the ice slowly melts in it. The lime note slowly disappears and it becomes more and more skin through the musk. This I perceive little by little more and more. It then also becomes much sweeter on my skin and just fantastically lightly powdery and gets a hint of grape sugar. In the base, I perceive the rose again clearly and it is, with the existing sweetness, a rose, as I love it.
I can really see myself wearing this on a summer drink date. How sexy would I seem wearing this fragrance while doing so. A dream.
Now it just needs to move in with me.
I advise everyone to test this fragrance once. He has really surprised me very positively.
Frischherb
Cucumber water or fresh from the garden!?

Yesterday morning the postman finally came with my fragrance sample of Roses on Ice by Kilian. When unpacking I noticed that my spray bottle felt ice cold. That fits yet, I thought and the fragrance was immediately sprayed on.
Immediately I had an accord of fresh cucumber and lime, which drew me into the spell. Fantastic!
Gradually, I was aware of the juniper, which blends in perfectly.
After a while, the rose beckoned in the background. Delicate and gentle, as I love them. The fragrance nevertheless remains fresh through the cucumber, juniper is also still recognizable .
The perfect summer scent for me. So beautiful.
The rose remains present. Not overbordent, as with other rose fragrances, but dry. The cucumber in the background, gives it the Frischekik. So it must be for the summer. It did something to me. I feel charged with energy.

By the dry rose scent I can imagine him well also on a man.
After this impressive course, two hours later, he was unfortunately no longer so present for me.
In the evening, I sprayed him again after. The vial was now at room temperature.
Full of anticipation, I began to sniff it and immediately recoiled in horror.
Was this the same fragrance?
Similar they were already. But the great cucumber became the cucumber salad ,which was a little too long in the kitchen. The juniper was present and the lime but only in the background.
The rose also developed differently. This wonderful, fresh, dry rose scent I no longer perceived.
What happened?
Did it tip over in transit due to the cold?
For now, I'll put it in the fridge and test it again in the morning.
Maybe I'll get my scent experience back then.

? I hope so.

A Mystery Perfume
My husband surprised me with a bottle a few weeks ago and I was taken aback by the strong cucumber scent. It’s so fresh and invigorating, at first I thought it was for a man. He smells roses, but I can’t smell any rose whatsoever. I don’t know what’s wrong with my nose, because all I can smell is glorious cucumber and gin.

I love wearing this perfume day or night. It’s a happy, lighthearted scent that I think might take some time for some people to appreciate. It’s absolutely nothing like Angels’ Share! That’s like comparing apples to oranges. The only thing in common is the maker, the beautiful glass bottle, and that they’re both beautiful perfumes.

And this perfume doesn’t project too far, so I would consider this only a skin scent. It lasts 4 to 5 hours (at least in the winter). I’ll revise this review once worn in the heat.

Ptsau
The strong cucumber kills the whole perfume for my taste!
I got samples of this and Angels’ Share from my Kilian ambassador right after attending the launching webinar. I fell in love with AS immediately but not the Roses on Ice. It starts out quite refreshing without the strong citrus that I usually dislike so I thought I would love it but oh no...I can’t stand the strong cucumber note. The cucumber note doesn’t start as strong in the opening so I did like the opening but it would get stronger and stronger after going into the heart notes. It’s too strong to a point that I could smell a fishy green scent on myself and it lasts all the way to the base. Doesn’t go away. The cucumber really kills this perfume for my taste. I wish the cucumber note could be much toned down or even be taken out. I finally got a full bottle of AS and loving it. AS is a 10/10 perfume for me and Roses on Ice is 3/10. They both perform well tho.

Not my kind of drink
This is a weird scent. The first thing I thought of when sampling it in the boutique was The Body Shop's Cucucmber shower gel my daughter used to get years ago. Considering it's price I don't want to be smelling like a cucumber, nor like a washed teenager...

In the opening it is all about the watery cucumbers. After it dries down on the skin teeny-tiny amount of juniper and synthetic peomosa molecule appear and remain there till the scent dies. Poor projection, average longevity, basic women's department store cologne. Calling it "elegant/sophisticated" is harder than keeping in a sneeze in the middle of Tesco in 2020.

Landshark321
Not much gin/juniper, mostly vegetable
Sampling the other offering from the new By Kilian liquors duo, Roses on Ice, which is based on a gin note, with fragrant notes of cucumber, rose juniper, and sandalwood per the Kilian website, and additional notes of lime, sandalwood, and musk per other sources. I don’t get much gin or juniper, myself, but I get plenty of rose, cucumber, and musk, with perhaps a dash of sandalwood.

On my skin, it’s mostly a fresh, somewhat floral, somewhat vegetable experience, slightly smoothed over by musk. It’s not particularly boozy at all, and I don’t get much juniper or gin. So unfortunately, Roses on Ice pales in comparison, in terms of literal juice color as well as scent profile, to Angels’ Share, the other new Liquors entry By Kilian.

Like Angels’ Share, Roses on Ice is priced at $195 for 50ml, a relatively low price for the house that I estimate has to do with the lack of ornate wooden coffret.

6 out of 10

ScentwitchScentwitch 2 months ago
A fresh, cucumber gin and tonic with a rose petal in the glass. I love it!

by KevScheu
by KevScheu

Popular Kilian

Angels' Share by Kilian Intoxicated by Kilian Straight to Heaven Extreme by Kilian Black Phantom Memento Mori by Kilian Back to Black Aphrodisiac (Perfume) by Kilian Single Malt London by Kilian Straight to Heaven White Cristal (Perfume) by Kilian Apple Brandy New York by Kilian Rose Oud by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy (Perfume) by Kilian Incense Oud by Kilian Rolling in Love by Kilian A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte (Perfume) by Kilian Amber Oud by Kilian Gold Knight by Kilian I Don't Need A Prince By My Side To Be A Princess by Kilian Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian Love Don't Be Shy Extreme by Kilian Lemon in Zest Lugano by Kilian Cruel Intentions Tempt Me (Perfume) by Kilian