Kiton Men 1996Eau de Toilette

Kiton Men (Eau de Toilette) by Kiton
Kiton Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Kiton for men and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Bergamot, Mace, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily of the valley, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Musk, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.01.2021.

Masculine Floweriness
*Kiton Men* starts strongly fresh and floral with a very subtle sweetness, which reminds me a bit of *Kenzo Power* in the top note. (No Scent Twin)

This subtle sweet floral notes gradually fades away and is slowly joined by this warm, spicy, woody, rough, masculine note.

Although I don't know many fragrances yet and I'm still relatively inexperienced with perfumes, I have rarely used/obsessed with a fragrance that can change so much.
This enchanting transformation from this clean, unisex floridity to the masculine, spicy-woody note is definitely not something you smell every day.

I would describe the performance for this fresh fragrance as good. Pleasant, non-intrusive sillage with acceptable 5-6 hours of endurance.

A fragrance that in my opinion can be worn after every occasion and every season.
Whether in the office or in leisure time, summer or winter, always wearable.

If you don't know him, it's worth testing!!!
Kieran
Your shirt scent, if you don't like patchouli!
It's funny, with no other fragrance have I read so often that Kiton Men was the first (Maybe I'm out with the wrong fragrances?).
Funny because I can still remember the marketing lecture in which the Kiton brand was on the side of the conservative brands (the lecturer commented the section with "rather uncool") in a diagram. So I sat there in the lecture with my perfume on it, a "rather uncool" brand.
But did I feel that way? Definitely no!

This fragrance has a wonderful masculine-fresh charisma. Wow, you smell good, like you just had a shower." The so-called shower gel vibe here has some fragrances, which is not wrong, but many of them have a patchouli note, which I do not like, for example Aventus. Kiton Men doesn't just smell like the shower gel on the bottom shelf, it smells much more exclusive
When I was 16 I was introduced to the fragrance by my first real girlfriend, who presented me the fragrance that was on the bottom shelf of Müller's fragrance department with the words "try the fragrance here, I just love it". I agreed with her, I liked this fragrance very much right away and so it happened that I got it as a birthday present a few weeks later. He became my party scent, my "fancy food" scent, or my night scent. For a long time it remained my only scent. The girlfriend left, but the fragrance is still in my collection today.

It was also the scent I wore when I first visited my current girlfriend in her home country. After 6 train and Flixbus drives, as well as 45 minutes at the bus station in the sun, because she stood in the traffic jam, she asked me how I could still smell like fresh showered. It was Kiton Men.

Meanwhile (with middle-end 20) I wear it very gladly as everyday life - shirt smell, straight if my smell should not apply too much and I need a feeling of freshness. On the skin I take it was not very long with me (2-3 hours), however on the clothes it has a considerable durability (6-8 hours). Accordingly, its Sillage is not too big, but it fulfills its purpose in this field of application.
i used to take him
often worn, but damn today no more, since a good buddy used him as a non-stop scent I no longer want to wear him, since he has become his for me.
That's, I think, really well done. Certainly not oldscool but nevertheless very classic Cologne hints, especially with the fresh bergamot in the top note and with its rosy violet-like slightly sweet twist. He's not really Italian either, rather ... I couldn't assign him to any nation, that honours him too, or you have to do it first. It lasts quite long, but after 3-4 hours it becomes a skinscent, but still with a floral, not feminine but also not very fresh freshness. Good, unusual scent - definitely.

Emblem Of Manhood
I discovered this around the turn of the millennium. I was in a department store here in London and someone had sprayed it. I could've sworn the entire floor smelled of it as he was walking from one department to another. I followed him to ask what he was wearing, but he disappeared and I was crushed. Two weeks later the same thing happened. This time I made sure to see what he'd sprayed and immediately bought it.

This is one of the most beautiful, underestimated, yet emblematic male scents in the Western World. It's a combination of Green Irish Tweed and Fahrenheit (due to the musk, moss, and violet accords), and Aventus (pineapple) - and the sum total is far better than the individual parts, in my opinion. And, bonus, while the other three may fail to get me compliments on occasion, this one never has. Not ever.

Kiton's variant, the now sadly discontinued Black, is a deeper version of this, while the more swiftly discontinued, blink-and-you'll-miss-it summer release Napoli would make anyone swoon.

An Individual Musk
Kiton Men is one of those gents' perfumes that somehow always have been around, but without getting any bigger attention. It is still available, and you supposedly find it somewhere on the bottom shelf or a in hidden corner in your local perfume shop.

Kiton Men is an elegant, classy fragrance and a little bit on the spicy side, especially at the beginning. The spice notes are somehow bright or light and piquant – quite difficult to describe. It is not the Christmas-like spiciness that one can get from cinnamon and clove, it is more the lean coriander style. The mentioned mace in the pyramid does it just as well.

Nevertheless, spiciness is not the main characteristic. There is more to it, and it is becoming much clearer towards the base notes. What gives this perfume its special character is a certain ingredient that I would describe as an aromatic musk. It is soapy, but it is not a creamy white musk soapiness. I'd say this ingredient is aromatic and even somehow herbaceous, and it is an old friend of mine! It also determines the wonderful now discontinued Rodier pour Homme which I wear quite often. I find this aromatic musk particular masculine, and I guess it is the reason why Kiton Men is getting positive reviews. You simply have to feel attracted by it!

Around the musk, there are light floral notes bringing a little pinch of sweetness and amiability into Kiton Men, while some vague woody notes and tonka stand up against it. Kiton Men is well crafted around a fragrance note that sadly is not being used too often.

Being a light spicy musk, Kiton Men may be not for Latin Lovers. I think it fits well to men who have a not so dark complexion and maybe blond hair. Kiton Men is a mid-priced perfume – it should not cost you more than 50 € / 75 ml. For this small money you get an attractive and sexy perfume of a very rare kind, and so, I think you can call it an individual fragrance.

EkkieEkkie 9 months ago
Just ignore the opening, the magic starts after an hour or so. And I just gotta add that that this ugly bottle has a magnificent atomizer :)

Morgensonne, Dusche, Kiton, Hemd und dann ab in's Büro
by Pepper81
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Kiton

Napoli (Eau de Toilette) by Kiton Kiton Black (Eau de Toilette) by Kiton Kiton Donna (Eau de Parfum) by Kiton