Korloff Gold 2012

Korloff Gold by Korloff
Korloff Gold is a perfume by Korloff for women and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesGardeniaGardenia Coconut blossom StrawberryStrawberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipaniFrangipani TiaréTiaré JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla MuskMusk CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Nyze29, last update on 13.07.2021.

A strawberry/tiare/coconut treat
I have had this perfume for a while, so today's its day in the sun!

I was originally eager to try this because I love coconut and heady tropical flowers like frangipani and tiare; I can tolerate jasmine and gardenia when they are in supporting roles, otherwise they become a bit headache-inducing to me. They are supporting here. Upon first spray, the sweet and juicy strawberry is very prevalent. It fades within 15 minutes into the florals with a strong dose of coconut. Parfumo calls it "coco blossom," but another perfume site calls it "coconut." To me, it smells like coconut, but it is not strong like suntan lotion. The base notes are stuffed so far in the background so as to be unobtrusive, and by the time the base notes do roll around, one can hardly detect this perfume on the skin.

This is an ideal perfume to make one feel as if one is on holiday in the tropics. However, I am disappointed in it. Sillage is very weak after less than half an hour, and longevity is poor, as well. I love Guerlain's Terracotta, and I had hopes that this would be similar. In comparison, Gold smells thinner and less heady than Terracotta. The tiare in the Terracotta is richer and better balanced. Gold feels watery and inferior; it is also much sweeter, due to the strawberry note. So, performance-wise Gold is not in the same league as the Terracotta, and I paid more for the Gold!

That said, I do like it. I feel that it is suitable for daytime wear, whereas Terracotta is best at night. Gold can transcend all seasons but is perhaps best suited to warmer weather.

The bottle is okay. It feels substantial in the hand, but the font and gold graphics kind of look as if a middle schooler had designed it. It suffices, but I've seen better examples of class and elegance in other bottles costing far less. The sprayer is sufficient--partly misty/part targeted spray.

If I had never experienced Terracotta, I might have rated this one higher. The scent alone is a 7 out of 10. But I am nevertheless compelled to rate this an overall 6 out of 10. Had it been developed with more staying power, stronger sillage, and a better bottle, it might have made it to 8/10. But as it is such a large bottle, I don't feel bad using 20 sprays throughout the day. When the bottle is gone, I will likely not repurchase. If you are waffling between the two, take my advice and buy the Guerlain.

Bcars10Bcars10 5 years ago
Strawberry, tiare, & coconut--A watery, thin, inferior sister to Guerlain Terracotta. Horrible sillage & longevity. Buy Terracotta instead.

Popular by Korloff

Voyager Collection - No Ordinary Man by Korloff Iris Doré by Korloff Korloff Private - Silver Wood by Korloff Korloff Private - Black Vetiver by Korloff Kn°I by Korloff Écorce d'Argent by Korloff Voyager Collection - Ultimate Man by Korloff Korlove by Korloff Un Soir à Paris… by Korloff Cuir Mythique by Korloff Korloff Private - Royal Oud by Korloff Lady Korloff (Eau de Parfum) by Korloff Rose Oud by Korloff Take Me To The Moon by Korloff Addiction Pétale by Korloff Majestic Tuberose by Korloff Korloff Private - Rouge Santal by Korloff Korloff In White by Korloff Royal Oud Intense by Korloff Korloff pour Homme (2019) by Korloff