Black Sugar 2015

Black Sugar by Korres
7.7 / 10 131 Ratings
Black Sugar is a popular perfume by Korres for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Oriental lilyOriental lily CaramelCaramel HeliotropeHeliotrope
Heart Notes Heart Notes RoseRose Black sugarBlack sugar Brazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber VanillaVanilla Tonka beanTonka bean MuskMusk
Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.02.2023.

5 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 23
A twitchy scent... you know me and what could follow... :D
Hey guys,
today I come to a fragrance, where I will try for once not to rave about how tasty such fragrances should be for girls and women as so often and always. So such sugary smells, which smell so delicious and therefore also so great and tasty with you ladies seem that I would like to chase every single one of you with a sugar shaker behind... hmm... if I think about it correctly, that sounds just somehow totally psychopathic, maybe even slightly sick like a sick, strange fetish freak, but..... well, I said yes, I try not to swarm now... so on in the text!
> so much in the text!
Because first I have to smell how the scent smells here (before I freak out), even if the scent name "Black Sugar" should clearly show that you can expect something sweet and tasty here!
Well, I'll sniff off!

The fragrance:
...okay, forget everything I wrote in the introduction. Not swarming and freaking out and shit. When I smell the scent here, I want to bite the person wearing the scent best, everywhere! Well, that sounds a little pigish now, but damn, you know what I mean by that :D
Because the scent smells right at the beginning quite sugary and reminds me a little of delicious cotton candy, mixed with powdery airy (and also sweetish) violets. Both scents, the sugar and the beautiful violets, are a very successful combination, even though some of you might find this a bit too girly.
But I like it very much and I personally like it when the girls smell so :) *swarm*
But here we go: After a short time the caramel follows. Super... another fragrance that would be so sweet... but somehow you can hardly really tell the difference between sugar and caramel, because the sugar is getting heavier and darker anyway. Violets are still present, but with the lilies I am very unsure whether I smell anything at all.
The violets not only have a powdery touch, but also make sure that the fragrance smells a little clean, which should please many, but they weaken towards the base while the sugar is still good to smell in the base. All other scents are rather low, like amber or vanilla. In the end it remains slightly sugary and powdery, and I find that the weakened notes together also remind a little of tonka bean. A beautiful, sweet scent!

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage has turned out a little bit better than mediocre. This means that it is above average good and therefore smells good for a while if it is not so far away or if it runs past you. I think the shelf life is quite good, as the fragrance lasts at least eight hours and even more towards the end of the Sillage, although it is getting weaker and weaker.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, a little thick and has dark tinted glass. The lid is white, cylindrical and ribbed. On the front you can see a big label with name, brand etc.. In itself a quite simple and not exactly soo a beautiful bottle, but the fragrance is beautiful and also quite cheap!

Soo...
As already described at the beginning or in the fragrance description, just forget everything I wrote before. I didn't want to play down my usual phrases with this scent, I didn't want to swarm and I didn't want to call you girls tasty either, ... but with such scents there's no other way ... so I can't help it! D
And as if it wasn't bad enough already, I could moan here and complain that I don't have a girlfriend I could spray with a sugar scent! But wait! But what if I do have one and she doesn't like sugar scents (and would rather stand on coriander!!!!) and therefore leaves me if I should spray her with such scents???... my goodness... now I already imagine separation scenarios without having anyone,... I think I don't have them all anymore :DD

But let's get back to the scent before I whine even more and some of you don't check my slightly humorous approach in the lyrics and write me things like "You'll never find a girlfriend if you whine all the time" again. Pah, all of them humorless beasts... I wouldn't spray you with scents anyway :D

But seriously, I think the fragrance is great. It goes in the direction of the Candy scents of Prada or Sugar scents of Aquolina and is worth a test in any case, because it is also quite cheap. It's one of those scents you could go out with that's wonderful, especially at parties and stuff, but actually on all other occasions as well. As I said I personally would like to smell such a scent on women :)

Well, I'm finally coming to the end. I wish you all (and also you unfriendly people who don't write me so friendly things every now and then) a nice evening and a great beginning of the week tomorrow. Well then, see you next time :)
Top Review 22
A mixed bag for fifty pfennigs
When I was thirteen I had to go to confirmation classes, which involved a lot of memorizing - and that after school! For example, we were checked for the order of the biblical books - the one who could recite them without mistakes and also the quickest had won. To this day, I have never needed this knowledge again... But it was also funny there, especially because of a pair of hazelnut-brown eyes, which I never saw again later. It was an afternoon that could only be survived with proper sweet food. At that time we always passed the "sweet August", a tiny kiosk where you could get everything from aniseed candies to cigarettes, which you don't really need. One mark cost one large, fifty pfennigs a small "mixed bag". In it was everything that made you endure the confirmation classes for one afternoon: These shells made of edible paper, filled with dextrose, effervescent sachets, wine gum snakes and even delicious violet, sugary violet pastilles. I never forget that moment: pushing the violet pastille, not much bigger than a smartie, into the mouth. Now choose: first suck off the sugar and so get to the liquorice? Or just bite down hard and enjoy it all together? I usually decided on variant two: a bite that penetrates the crunchy coating of the solid sugar and immediately releases the violet aroma that is under the surface. Sugar paired with flower scent. Then the soft liquorice filling and its aniseed aroma, paired with the flowers and sugar.
This is exactly how I feel about Black Sugar Oriental Lilly Violet: this sugar-violet blend is very close to the olfactory experience I enjoyed every Monday in my youth. Here too, the sugar is perceived first - the flower scent follows first, and in combination with the sugar it is velvety-sweet and at the same time multi-faceted and complex. Underpinned by the gourmand note of vanilla, the whole thing gains something gentle, not pungent, delicious, which I appreciate precisely because of its complexity. Violet, lily (which is not as strongly emphasized as it is known to me) and sugar, paired with caramel and vanilla, are in a very balanced relationship. I think this is a nice little scent that doesn't last very long, but can be sprayed on, because it also attracts with a low price. To take a little walk in your youth and eat violet pastilles again (which you can only find in well-stocked supermarkets from time to time), Black Sugar oriental Lilly Violet is perfect. The Sillage is quite moderate, so that one has above all the pleasure oneself
Very helpful Review 6
Dark cream caramel on a carpet of blossoms!
This is a natural perfume. So without scent enhancers, dyes or other chemical additives. Water, alcohol and natural fragrances are by and large what you get.
But now for the actual fragrance. Let's start off with a truckload of caramel. In the background, the violet is already sneaking up on us, but has no real chance yet to push the creamy caramel aside. This component lasts for about an hour. But then the violet will definitely get too colourful and the caramel will have to go. While the flowery impression is gaining more and more of an upper hand, the sweetness is disappearing more and more. The beautiful violet scent then becomes weaker and weaker until the end and finally disappears. After 3 to 4 hours you have to replenish, because the fragrance experience here without a chemical club unfortunately does not last longer.

The silage is already tidy at the beginning and is clearly visible in the immediate vicinity. This changes as soon as the caramel doesn't want to play along anymore, then the scent becomes more and more bodily and finer in olfactory perception.

Conclusion: Here, the fans of sweet fragrances are definitely addressed and they get their money's worth. All other fragrance lovers will probably be overwhelmed by the very intense caramel effect, which is already intense at the beginning. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating and Black Sugar is definitely worth a test.
Helpful Review 7
Creamy spring fragrance!
Korres caught my eye for the first time during my holiday in Greece, but rather through their natural skin care line, which is sold in pharmacies there. The fragrance Black Sugar keeps what the name promises. A very pleasant everyday scent that I personally would wear in the spring. However, I also see (smell) it in every other season - so an all-rounder :) Reminds me very much of Kilians Kissing Burns blablabla, only that It violets and lilies instead of lily of the valley are. Very tasty! H&S are moderate for the price. Flacon and packaging very exclusive

KatrinVi
It is what its name says ️
Black Sugar is true to its name!
It is a vanilla crème topped with burnt sugar. A crème brulé near the fireplace during a snowy winter night. A warm hug wearing knitted sweatshirts. A sweet dessert you don't want to eat a lot of bites, because you will have to drink a lot of water.
It's totally Gourmand! Like I can't stop smelling my wrists every time I'm wearing it. I can't really get enough of it, but when I oversprayed once, it turned to be cloying.
More suitable for winter nights but I could also wear it during the day.
It lasts about three hours and after that, becomes a skinscent.
It's lovely but not safe for blind buy, since it a bit on the heavy side!

In general, I'm glad I discovered this brand's perfumes. I got two of them and they totally worth!