Amour Nocturne 2013

Amour Nocturne by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Amour Nocturne is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesWhite orchidWhite orchid
Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
CaramelCaramel
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Charred woodCharred wood

Submitted by medicine, last update on 26.08.2021.

Originally released in the collection "Explosions d'Émotions", "Amour Nocturne" became part of the permanent range in 2016.

Vrabec
En Voyage chez l'Artisan Parfumeur: 8 Amour Nocturne - Victorian Steampunk Night
L'Artisan Parfumeuer is one of my favorite perfume houses. Thanks to JilMarie's rambling letter and Serafina's great addition, I can now get to know it further and continue my commentary series that I had paused months ago.
Again, as with the majority from the house, Bertrand Dechafour is the creating perfumer, responsible for a few of my favorite scents but also a flood of more inconsequential scents.
I was very curious to which this belongs, the fragrance notes seem very exciting, just gunpowder can also make a women's fragrance look very intriguing.

Opening:
The gunpowder stands out immediately and will be the weitern fragrance course over wegbestimmend. Biting licorice-like it shows up here, surrounded by vanniligen, dark floral sounds. However, fortunately almost completely without sweetness.
This creates a dark foreboding, but with some lightness. Like a light breeze in a night mist.
The floral notes fade quite quickly, after 5-10 minutes at the latest.
Here the gunpowder becomes more perceptible, but not surrounded by sinister flowers but by a milky fig. This works much better and even strengthens the fog association. This fog smells of danger, of the dark alleys of a sinful city from a Victorian steampunk scenario.
A slight barely perceptible peaty and minty hint reinforces this image.

In many other comments, many are bothered by this scratchy note, but I like it. There are many fragrances for women that go in the verschmorte Gourmand direction, only these are showered with so much sticky sweetness that this triggers a headache for me. But this is not the case here, flowers and fig smell very natural and so mild that they seem almost passive.
Even though I like the scent and don't find the scratchy unpleasant, I would still like a chestnut, or hazelnut on the side of the gunpowder here, that would round it out a bit and add a good kick. Gladly roasted, then the nocturnal association would not be destroyed either.

I don't like the bottle that much, I associate slim glass bottles with L'artisan and not these bulbous ones. However, this is often the case with more feminine scents of l'Artisan Parfumeur.

For whom is this fragrance?

For self-confident ladies from 25.
For fans of edgy gourmands.
For the wicked glow.
For night owls.

But he must be worn not only at night, he smells gloomy, but not heavy. In cool weather up to 10 degrees gladly also during the day.

Thank you for reading my comment.
2.5
2.5

sun tanning...
I spent many days at the beach in my 20s and 30s, oiled up with the latest sprays to get darker skin, and this concoction smells just like that.

Sleepless nights
"Amour Nocturne" as well skilfully plays with two extremes that evoke a pictorial experience. Bertrand Duchaufour abducts us anew into his bizarre mind. In the beginning there is a very smoky tone to the scent that tickles my nose and almost makes me sneeze. A somehow rancid note that feels unpleasant, I associate it with the gunpowder accord. Straight up the scent becomes unexpectedly sweet and floral. The orchid refines the milk to a vanilla milk here that I just can't stand. It has something of burnt milk, but I'm more surprised that I indeed smell Duchaufour's vision again. Admittedly the scent isn't woody to me, but the picture he's painting - a chainsaw that cuts through fresh wood, leaking the sap - is there. He describes it as the mixture of brutal and sensual elements. The rancid gunpowder and burnt milk may disturb me less than the metallic chewing gum of "Déliria", but "Amour Nocture" gives me also headache with its sillage. A glass of warm milk shall comfort, but I'd like to negate this. I don't like milk anyway because I get nauseous from it, but anybody drinking from this milk is getting sleepless nights and dreams of Texas Chainsaw Massacre delivered free.

HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Smells like a fondant. Gunpowder loosens up and is used as a counterbalance to sweet notes in a skilful way.

by Farbod
by Farbod
by Schnuppi42
by Schnuppi42
by WiB
by WiB

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur