Drôle de Rose 1996

Drôle de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Drôle de Rose is a popular perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAniseedAniseed
VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesAlmondAlmond
HoneyHoney
SuedeSuede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.05.2021.

Raspberryfields forever
I made a blind purchase here. And although I own some L'Artisans, I would never bet on how I will find a new one. Actually, I wouldn't want to bet on whether the ones I own will please me next time I wear them or not. With this one I found the comments fascinating, it sounded as if a normal rose could be expected. Not a scent in the direction of: 'very artistic, appreciate the style, everything, as long as I don't have to wear it'. And since I'm looking for a beautiful rose and could get this one here at a pretty good price, I let my curiosity once again broadschlagen.

In my school days in the USA there was not only wonderfully resinous aromatic patchouli perfume, but also sweet, uncomplicated Strawberry Musc from the same series. For my nose, Drole de Rose smells the same, just raspberry instead of strawberry. I don't see myself remembering roses, iris or lipstick, nor powder, soap or cream. It could be one of the ingredients of the Traversee Bosphore, which I find very complex.

I feel a little like in the emperor's new clothes - he has (almost) nothing on! And everybody tells wonder-what they see in him. My only hope is that when the weather is cooler and the presence is weak, there will not only be stinging synthetics, but also something beautiful. Hope dies last

A sweet powdery -leathery perfume
"Drole de rose" was my third choice for perfume because of it's powdery notes-it isn't a "powder bomb" like "teint de neige"-it is greener and a lot lighter.
So when you first spray you smell immediately the rose but after a short time appears a light sweet powder thanks to white honey, the star anise, the violets and of course the almonds.
And in the end appears the leather which makes the perfume so unique!!
I could say with three words that it is a sweet powdery leathery perfume, that everyone could be addicted to it!!

Lipstick Rose minus the wax
There is something truly appealing about violet and rose mixed together. In L'Artisan Parfumeur DROLE DE ROSE they are combined also with iris and orange blossom, but the violet and the rose dominate the composition. This eau de toilette smells flowery and sweet but not at all fruity. It also smells very natural.

The overlaps between this lovely creation and Frédéric Malle LIPSTICK ROSE have been noted by others, but I find that the scent in this case lacks the thick waxiness which makes LIPSTICK ROSE so lipsticky. Here there is only a smidgeon of base. I do not detect the leather listed in some of the hierarchies around, though the honey makes sense since this is rather sweet.

DROLE DE ROSE is like a homecoming queen. She's impossible not to like in day-to-day dealings with her. She's upbeat and friendly toward everyone, which is why she is so popular. She never says anything negative and does not embroil herself in disputes of any kind. Whether this may ultimately be out of apathy or fear, we cannot know. We see only her sweet smiling surface. She's really very pretty but not all that deep.

Awesomeness
Not merely a pretty rose, a funny one too
LAP's Drôle de Rose (Funny Rose) starts as a powdery, lipstick, boudoir rose. It's all cosmetics, fru-fru, pink & girlie at the top. The heart reveals more complexity with the iris & violet, but then something happens. Drôle de Rose takes on a slightly sweet musky character. Eventually, it becomes a dark, red, almost spicy, rose, but one still appropriate for the bedroom. It's got a bit of leather in it - only enough to make you pause, not enough to label this a skank scent. This is the seductress's rose, but it's ever so slight ... only a whisper.

The primping rose is the top & heart. The vamp rose is the base. I'm not sure if that is what's supposed to be so funny (ie, droll or drole) about this rose, but it's very unusual. I quite like it!

FabirssFabirss 1 year ago
Five minutes of fresh and green rosebud just to fool you and then it's soft powderiness until it fades away after 6 hours. I like it.

by Miapea
by Sophi
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Jour de Fête by L'Artisan Parfumeur