Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Dzing! is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 1999. The scent is leathery-animal. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLeatherLeather
Base Notes Base NotesCedarCedar
Tonkin muskTonkin musk
CostusCostus
CastoreumCastoreum

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.07.2021.

My own “Imaginarium”
Dzing! smells of:
✔️natural leather;
✔️a stall of a wild animal;
✔️a salted caramel and hot popcorn;
✔️a stack of new glossy magazines, and
✔️a feast,
that all together is perfectly balanced in one fragrance. This unique masterpiece of Olivia Giacobetti for L'Artisan Perfumeur is extremely evocative, is my own “Imaginarium” and one of the reasons for my long-term passion for this perfume house.
En Voyage chez l'Artisan Parfumeur:19 - Sunlight infused country air
Dzing! is now over 20 years old and had long aroused my curiosity. As a general fan of the house of l'Artisan Parfumeur, I was curious how the Frenchman probably dealt with the subject of Animalik, I also cherished the hope to be challenged a little.

But instead of a biting stinker got
I got the most delicate leather scent that I have come across. Horse apples want to smell some here, warscheinlich by the combination of Animalik, which comes along incredibly milky delicate and hay. The hay smell has something slightly fruity fermented, like the distant smell of a barrel of apple cider. In itself, I smell more chamomile than hay here, as a refreshing cool note plays up front as well. Also dried flowers. As a result, this almost smells like a tea scent, a bit animalic to be sure, but definitely tea. Maybe also because of the mood this creates, I usually only know this relaxedness from tea scents. Ginger and caramel provide a warm sweet cozy note.

So:
Do not be deterred by the fragrance pyramid, because stink does nothing here, quite the opposite! Country air can not smell nicer! Nature, sun, dry flower meadow. Never before has a perfume captured the peace and deceleration of the province as ingeniously as here.

A more complex and, in my opinion, better version of this is Tea for Two from the same house, released a year later, which smells a bit more loaded and thus doesn't convey that serenity like Dzing! .
To whom do I recommend this fragrance?
I find that it is completely unisex.
Even with the age everyone may feel free and thus addressed.
Only a penchant for nature and longing for the country escape and rest from the hustle and bustle of city life should be present.
With me this is to some extent present and was activated here quite nicely.

Thank you for reading my comment.

Dzing!
Now 20 years old, this review is based on the older packaging (white label with the tiger and tamer). I hope you find the review informative and thank you for taking the time to watch it................

Nofretete
Saltomortale of a clown: beautiful?
Circus arena backstage, in a hurry the saddles and horse droppings of the previous number are carried away. There stands the clown in his chequered costume, eagerly awaiting his appearance. The curtain's blown. The artist climbs the rope ladder to the trapeze, under him instead of net a sea of flowers. Yellow daffodils - sulphur yellow, cadmium yellow, mustard yellow, yolk yellow, canary yellow, hornet yellow - as far as the eye can see, iris is not visible, not even yellow. He jumps, floats down on the scent of blossoms, performing the greatest capers. Land gently and disappear behind the curtain to thunderous applause.

The stage workers are standing around, puffing their gitanes and gauloises, the ashtray is already overflowing. Behind them the new scenery, all in yellow, brown and grey, the colour still moist. The clown costume exudes the scent of narcissus, now strangely withered.

It pushes the clown out into the open: Let's get out there, get some fresh air, under those trees. But what does he smell: dead flowers, cold glowing stalks, damp glue colours hanging in the robe. Ventilate quickly. But after hours still the same smell, biting. Get the costume in the laundry!

Conclusion: I could have liked the trapeze act, but the opening act and the after play are not for me. On the program card was "Ingwer & Safran", they probably stayed in the caravan, I didn't even see them on the stage curtain. Some animals should also take part, they certainly scared the stage workers away with their smoke. What remains: wilting flowers and smoldering cigarettes with an airy somersault tree - no, I won't visit this circus again, even if I admire the clown for his courage.

Surely other noses smell different here and let themselves be entertained in the circus Dzing! splendidly. Nefertiti doesn't like circus and daffodils only in nature, so instead she goes to the Botanical Garden.

No rating!
Vanilla-horse apple fragrance
I was curious about this somewhat controversial scent. At the first spray: actually a note reminiscent of fresh horse droppings, which also smell musky-sweet and of fermented hay. When this note is gone, I have some caramel vanilla note left over, with some animal background. I find Dzing quite wearable even in the heat, at least if you wait at least half an hour before leaving the house....

Circus (af)fair
Opening: a dark citrus unlike any other fresh or bright citrus.

Middle: Distinctly dirty leather hide with a mellow sweetness. This is where the animals come in. Perhaps they have been nipping at the cotton candy on their way into the pavilion.

Drydown: the animals have arrived and done their business, if you know what I mean, after waiting for their cue. The business is surprisingly sweet and musky due to the cotton candy ingested earlier.

Skin-scent hours: an incredibly comforting and cozy aroma envelops the crowd post-circus. They are happy and warm, trailing the scent of the animals, tent ropes and gooey treats they enjoyed. Their leather boots stomp wood chips on their way home.

This perfume really intensified my love for L'Artisan, a brand I previously and for years discounted because of the low sillage and lasting power of their wares. I've been missing their creative concoctions. Dzing lasts a long time on me, which is weird, since most perfumes disappear on my skin very quickly. With a name like that, and such a back story, Dzing makes me realize that there is more to perfumery than rose and oud. My tastes have been revitalized and for under $100, my wallet has been relieved.

Weightless leather
Dzing is a peculiar sort of weightless and really discreet animalic-leathery scent, with a sweet and thin texture which manages to smell minimalistic yet dense and dark. More than minimalistic, it’s actually “cozy”, like a Medieval miniature book: it’s all there, just small and thin. There is this leather micro-accord encrusted into a clean, dry and sharp floral-sweet frame, tamed down but warm enough, with fine woods on the base and a floral powder all over. Sort of an antique smell in a futuristic lyophilized capsule. Plus, it has something vaguely moldy-earthy which makes it even more fascinating, but also honestly a bit boring after a while, providing a feel of static and linear heaviness which won’t really go away for hours – close to skin, but heavy the same. Anyway, surely a fascinating work for sure, really well crafted and well balanced, evocative and permeated by a sort of nostalgic and melancholic gloominess well blended with its hyper modern texture – quite ahead of its time for sure. As other reviewers stated online, after some hours the very drydown is fairly (actually, much) similar to Dior’s Fahrenheit, just a bit drier. A couple of other defects for me: the linearity and the extreme closeness of projection, which makes it basically more than a skin scent – something you have to “look for” on your skin, otherwise you’ll forget you’re wearing it. I get the “discretion” and the composition cleanness, but... (however the persistence is everlasting).

6,5-7/10

Impressionist Circus
I was here reflecting while wearing Dzing that there are, generally, two types of perfumery masterpieces. The first of them creates a shape that becomes very popular and ends generating many imitations and variations around its theme. The other type, in which Dzing fits, enters exotic lands where few are brave to go.The most interesting int Dzing is that it ally its exoticism to an extremely confortable and wearable aroma.This is one of Olivia Giacobetti masterpieces, a creative fragrance inspired on circus.However, this is not a literal circus aroma, but an impressionist circus exercise from the artist.There is some techinical features from the impressionist movent that you can fit in this creation: the capture of the aroma contours, the portrait of an environment, at least partly, of the nature (mainly due the suggestion, by using muysks, of the animals smell), the dissolution of the aromas. This is a circus harmony, the capture of environment mixture of the abstract olfactive space, of vanillic and caramel nuances from the candys, the leather smell of the canvas, the smell of the animals, the woody aroma of the structures, the sweet and buttery aroma of the popcorn bags.That all of this is present on a cozy scent and not at all scary is amazing. Yet after many years that i have smelled Dzing for the first time, its smell still amazes me, and how much i missed it lead me to repurchase it after having sold it in the past due its performance closer to skin (that today i fiz applying more of it). I feel that the current perfumery need more works like Dzing, able to leave you to places you haven't been and make you see certain environments from another perspective.

Shhhhhhh!
Wearing this scent I am a 1950s librarian in a specialist collection of rare natural history books. I walk amongst waxed wooden shelves where clouds of vanillic lignin exhale from the pages of leather bound volumes. There’s a hint of ancient adhesives, and glosses from the glorious illustrated plates. This stuff reeks of knowledge. With such marvelous scent commingling I feel comfortable, sexy, in control. Best worn with a vintage suit and catseye glasses, and with a readiness to “shhhhh”, but somehow no one has yet had the temerity to speak above a whisper.

Whip crackingly good.

cozy leather
This smells like something that definitely came out of L'Artisan, or perhaps Diptyque if they ever did something with alot of leather. To me it's a clean, slightly spicy leather. I don't get any circus connotations or musk. It comes across more like a car interior than a stable. If you like leather, this is one to try at least before buying. For me, I prefer my leathers a touch more cozy than clean, like Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens or Cuir de Russie from Chanel. Like other reviewers have remarked, this is more like a skin scent to enjoy and lasting power could be better but I have accepted that on me L'Artisans are fleeting enjoyments that need to be resprayed during the day. I wouldn't call this weird, it is enjoyable for those who crave leathery scents. However, it does not drive me to a frenzy for a full bottle like the two above did.
EDIT: I eat my words. I think I suffered from nose fatigue which is why I stopped smelling the scent after a few hours. I wore the same pair of pjs the next night and Dzing came out and hugged me again. So it does last. I'm contemplating not washing my pjs...ever.

KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
I thought my dog ​​pooped under the table again. But after a while, the poop smelled delicious. To eat or not to eat, that is the question.
LillibetLillibet 4 years ago
Grassy-animalic hay notes mixed with popcorny/candy aromas & spices, particularly ginger. Love it! There is nothing else like it.
HajuvanaHajuvana 6 years ago
Vanilla fudge at the taxidermist

by Bonnie
by Bonnie

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer by L'Artisan Parfumeur