Fleur de Liane 2008

Fleur de Liane by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Fleur de Liane is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2008. The scent is green-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notesGreen notes OzoneOzone SeawaterSeawater
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnoliaMagnolia TagetesTagetes TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notesWoody notes MossMoss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.02.2021.

Fleur de Liane
This fragrance opens with a bright floral/vegetal accord framed by a strong marine note. I smell water, exotic flowers, lush greenery: in short a rainforest after a rainstorm. All plants are dripping with moisture and blooming infusing the humid air with their heavy aromas. Some people complained about a melon-like top note, but on my skin it does not bother me very much. As the fragrance progresses, the aquatic aspect fades and I now smell a mostly floral composition, the green notes are still present and counterbalance the exuberant sweetness of the florals. On my skin the magnolia is the dominant flower note. In mid-development the floral notes give way to woody/mossy notes with a dash of patchouli.

Jungle bliss.
Fleur de Liane touched my heart.I love green perfumes and I'm in love with tuberose and in this perfume these elements combined together brilliantly.I love Nature and this composition just a pure reflection of the Mother Nature's beautiful face.:)

The island-where this perfume takes my soul- is a beautiful one.A dream island where the ocean waves gently wash the white sandy shore, where the vegetation lush and wild,where the air is humid and salty....where the jungle just pours out from within the most luscious smells-smell of flowers and fruits, mosses and woods.Scent of the sky,earth and the ocean-poured in every raindrop- smell of the resins on the trees and scent of mosses under your feet.All these scent swirling in the humid air.
All these notes forming a juicy and opulence yet transparent and sophisticated fragrance. Ozonic,green,watery,mossy and woody elements making a perfect combination with the creamy tuberose and tropical flowers.
The concept of tropical fragrance today was redefined to me. Fleur de Liane is a true sensation of a fresh tropical rain. This perfume is an amazingly composed green-mossy tuberose scent. A drop of jungle,touch of the untouched wild.

Worshiping of Mother Earth.

Like Totally, Dude!
Fleur de Liane is a simple aquatic. I smell loads of melon with something else that is a bit tangy and refreshing. A touch of oakmoss adds some necessary depth. The tang eases up after some time and gives the sweet florals a chance to breathe.

Fleur de Liane makes me think of a surfer on his surfboard, riding the blue ocean waves...hmmm...or maybe an elderly man wearing a Hawaiian shirt while sitting next to his swimming pool reading a magazine. It's nice, but at the same time it's hard to believe it's by L'Artisan because it is un-extraordinary.

SUMMARY: Surf's up, dude!

Greysolon
Really, are you sure this by Duchaufour?
I received Fleur de Liane as a Christmas gift this year. I had read reviews of it, but prior to taking my first spritz from that bottle I had never actually smelled It. I’m not blessed with a great nose but even as the initial mist fired from the atomizer I thought, “Hmm, that’s odd, I didn’t know Olivia Giacobetti created this scent. I could have sworn I read somewhere it was created by Bertrand Duchaufour.”
So I sniffed my wrist again and confidently thought, “Nah, that’s gotta be Giacobetti.”
Then I decided to check the L’Artisan webpage to make sure and, of course, I was wrong. It is a Duchaufour creation.

I don’t think I would be the only one fooled. If one conducted a blind test of Fleur de Liane, I'd be willing to bet that even the most well sniffed perfume addict would, without hesitation, pick this as a fragrance by Olivia Giacobetti.

It’s as though Duchaufour channeled Giacobetti or discovered the magic potion for her signature cool, green, dewy, misty morning accord. He’s transplanted aspects of Philosykos and En Passant to the rainforest mountains of Hawaii. Don't worry, when he grabbed essences of En Passant he left the bakery back in France.

I’m not implying that Fleur de Liane is a mere pastiche of Giacobetti's style. Duchaufour has made this fragrance his own. If Giacobetti, the watercolorist, had created this scent it would be more transparent and ethereal. Duchaufour, on the other hand, is working in pastels. There’s slightly more substance yet it still retains a translucent, airy quality.

As much I like Fleur de Liane -and I think I'll like it even more come spring and summer- I'm not sure it holds the same attraction for me as my favorite Giacobetti fragrances like Philosykos and Fou d'Absinthe.

A Tropical Scent for the Monoi Naysayers
L'Artisan Parfumeur FLEUR DE LIANE opens with a vaguely watermelonesque scent which gives the whole composition a very tropical vibe. There is definitely a sort of watery greenness to this scent, something like that of watermelon rind. Yet, in spite of the light watermelon scent, FLEUR DE LIANE is not very sweet--definitely not a fruity floral or vanilla oriental scent. I would call this an aquatic floral green.

The flowers smell almost tiara-like, yet somehow distinct. The dominant floral note appears to be marigold. FLEUR DE LIANE is a pleasing and unique composition, which strikes me as a slightly savory second cousin to monoi, if that makes any sense! I recommend this fragrance to those looking for a tropical feeling but without the cloying vanilla and coconut so often present in tropics-inspired perfumes. Although aquatic notes often smell synthetic and even emetic to me, here they do not, and if I had a bottle of this fragrance, I'm sure that I'd wear it!

------------------

post-acquisition update: I now own a bottle of this perfume, and I really do like it. In a word: unique.

by Entenradio
by Hermessenz
by Lav
by Lav

Popular by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Séville à l'Aube by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur