Jour de Fête 2004

Jour de Fête by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Jour de Fête is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Bourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla Orris rootOrris root LaurelLaurel AlmondAlmond WheatWheat CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.08.2022.

In 2014 the scent was re-released as a limited edition.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Le Sacre du Printemps
Skin and senses are currently extremely overstrained by a malodorous disease.
So the selection of the daily fragrance is very complicated every time: how does my bitchy self?
react?
Yesterday I checked both "Blue Grass" fragrances to see if they could still be sent on their journey with a clear conscience.
In spite of only average durability, both jumped on me and did not want to be washed patout. Result: Bitch war!

But nevertheless, I dared, tempted by the spring in front of the windows and the transparent, almost colourless liquid in spray tubes at "Jour de Fète" by L'Artisan Parfums.
We didn't feel that much could go wrong here and luckily we have enough warm water, unlike last weekend.
I sprayed and felt - first of all nothing!
Almost 10 cc's of "nothing"? Hm!

But this "nothing" developed into a kind of scented second skin, as if it was made especially for me! "I've got you under my skin"!
I take laurel, cedar wood and the warmth of vanilla from this complex fragrance creation.
These, however, are not as powerful as Gelis, who is reminded of my beloved "Vanilla Absolument/Havanna Vanilla" of this brand. I could enjoy this powerful fragrance composition by the spoonful.
All ingredients here are finer, more light-footed - yes, almost floating.
The very own sweetness of almonds and wheat develops slowly, but is constant.
For me, this veil of fragrance remains fine, but harmoniously rounded and therefore perceptible as a flowing whole.
Not too long-lasting, but what prevents the after-spraying?

My perception of fragrance reminds me of a dance of forest nymphs and other airy beings and spirits honouring spring!
By far not as avant-garde as in Igor Stravinsky's "Le Sacre du Printemps"; with him I only borrow the commentary title.

So with a few drops of "Jour de Fète" I will celebrate today less this day, but more the spring in its entirety!
"La Primavera" comes light and graceful: the intensely fragrant flowers are not yet present - only a guess, an expectation of the fulfillment of an eternal promise.

So let's celebrate this spring today!
The respective daily fragrance plays only a subordinate role
Memory of Vanilla Absolute / Havana Vanilla
Quite alcoholic attack with sweetish hints. With time I recognize in it also the almonds, and rather ground, when I open a bag of it, it smells to my nose exactly so. It is followed for a while then actually something like a plastic note. As it progresses, JdF reminds me more and more of "Vanilla Absolument/Havana Vanilla". So a slightly tart and slightly spicy vanilla version. Sometimes I even think I detect this VA own dried fruit note. That could be imagination, though. This VA reminder doesn't fade over the days either. Neither wheat nor iris root I can detect individually. I blame laurel in part for the tart-spicy direction. JdF then runs out with a delicate cedar note.

Apart from the alcoholic and sweetish prelude, "Jour de Fête" is a rather decent fragrance.

I thank Strangelove for the test opportunity.
2.5

Just no!
How dare L'Artisan make and sell a perfume such as this? For once, I agree with a discontinuation. The scent is so fleeting it is like the emperor's invisible clothes: why spend money on something that does not smell past the first two minutes and then, smells of a watery compote of sugared almonds and musk? A party day should have the smell of cake and icing, cream and nuts, not this useless baseless concoction. How can someone who creates the unrivaled Dzing! make this disappointment?

07012000
A wind of sweet powdery almonds!
I just tried to find this perfume because of it's name..From the first moment I sprayed it (thanks to a very good friend of mine -it is unfortunately discontinued) I discovered that surely is a celebration day (translation from french " jour de fete")
It is such a happy, elegant, airy, light perfume, suitable for all ages and seasons!
From the beginning till the end you can smell nothing but almonds, sweet powdery almonds!A delicious perfume!!

Jour de Fete
Olivia Giacobetti has a way of challenging the wearer without threatening. Jour de Fete makes you question your senses. It presents you with notions of softness, quiet and comfort at the same time that it makes you consider legibility and dynamics. It poses questions. What is the difference between quiet and soft in a perfume? Is low sillage a weakness or an advantage? Giacobetti's gift is to make perfumes that carry ideas, but not at the expense of pleasure and emotion.

The name itself captures the conundrum. Jour de Fete. It sounds like a party in a bottle, but if you come to it expecting music, cheering and applause, you'll be either surprised or disappointed. It's less a party and more like a discussion with a fascinating stranger. It has a black-box quality that I love in Giacobetti's other work. I've read others call Jour de Fete overpowering, undetectable, sweet, bitter, long-lasting and instantly disappearing. Everybody sees something different in the box.

Is there an opposite of a vanishing act? On applying Jour de Fete, I could just barely smell a hint of marzipan and play-do. It suggests scent as well as substances with particular textures. I had to strain to detect it. Within 15 to 20 minutes, I could smell it a bit more strongly. But what I smelled was more of a quality than a scent, per se. For lack of a better word, it smelled blunt. It's as though I was at the outer edge of something that actually absorbed sent. Now, eight hours later, I can't stop pulling my arm to my nose. It's remarkably composed. Simple, but suggestive. I have the same experience with Dzing! (another Giacobetti perfume for l'Artisan Parfumeurs) at its drydown. While the two smell nothing alike, at this stage, they both are evocative without suggesting or referring to anything in particular. They don't smell like anything else I can point to, but they make my mind race.

Giacobetti’s work is fascinating. I’d give anything to have the chance to sit quietly in the corner and observe her at work for a week.

from scenthurdle.com

Images

31 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur