La Chasse aux Papillons Extrême 1999

La Chasse aux Papillons Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur
La Chasse aux Papillons Extrême is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Anne Flipo

Base Notes Base NotesBeeswaxBeeswax
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.06.2021.

2.5

Too much Pepper.
Pepper. Ocassionally a whiff of Tuberose, but pretty much just pepper. I got tired of the pepper after about an hour and just wanted it to wear off.

Update: When I tried this in colder weather I still primarily got the pepper but it wasn't quite as LOUD or off-putting. I still don't like it but I admit that the pepper was smoother and nicer than it was in the humid summer.

If you like pepper this may be a good one for you to try. The longevity could be better but it's not terrible.*

Sep
2013

tuberose on diet
One of the most ethereal tuberose scents I've come across. Usually tuberose for me is lush and seductive like Jessica Rabbit but here it's as innocent and doe-eyed as Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. Very aptly named, it's as soft and fragile as I would imagine the brush of a butterfly would be. I would advise liberal sprays with this one to really get the scent going, no matter how heavy handed one gets, this still stays airy fairy like. Like with most L'Artisan scents I've come across, beautifully constructed but sadly lacking in the sillage and longevity departments. I would get around this the next time by buying enormous bottles and hit the spray button like a jackhammer. I would recommend this even as a blind buy or a gift.

No Cruelty to Butterflies Found Here!
LA CHASSE AUX PAPILLONS EXTREME is not at all what I was expecting: a more extreme or concentrated version of LA CHASSE AUX PAPILLONS. Instead, this is an entirely new composition, with delectably sumptuous notes. Only the core white floral/linden blossom is carried over from its namesake. EXTREME spices things up quite a bit, most notably with saffron and honey, both of which shine through in all their golden glory, illuminating the white flowers. There is also just the tiniest touch of pepper--a perfect complement--along with some ylang.

To be honest, my only concern is with the name. "Butterfly hunting" seems so cruel to me, and "Extreme Butterfly hunting" or "Butterfly hunting--extreme" is even worse. I realize that the idea of chasing butterflies is supposed to connote a childlike innocence, but the reality involves ending a beautiful life of freedom, ultimately pushing pins into the torsoes of living or once-living butterflies. It just sends shivers up my spine. Very similar, in fact, to my reaction at seeing a rabbit's foot: every rabbit's foot represents a slaughtered rabbit somewhere!!! But I digress.

My problem with its name aside, I really like LCP EXTREME as a fragrance. It doesn't hurt that I happen to be quite fond of saffron and honey--in both cuisine and perfume. Some more good news is that EXTREME edp has much better staying power than its edt namesake--which seems logical, after all. I would love to have a bottle of this.

by Tahiti
by Kwad
by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur