Mimosa pour Moi 1992

Mimosa pour Moi by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Mimosa pour Moi is a perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Anne Flipo

HawthornHawthorn
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
VanillaVanilla
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.09.2021.

Pretty and fleeting
The violet leaf is very dominant for me in this one. Without looking up the notes I would have said this was a Violet Leaf soliflore. The mimosa sweetens it up a bit and gives it a bit more of a care free and feminine feel. I don't get much of the vanilla or cassis. This scent is pretty linear as well, it could be because it doesn't really have time to evolve on your skin. It's totally gone in about two hours and is basically a skin scent from start to finish as well.

That being said, I often reach for this when I need to lift my mood. I find it comforting and it makes me feel girly and safe. The major drawback is the cost. Reapplying every two hours means you'll burn up your pricey bottle pretty fast.

May
2014

Oui, c'est vrai!
To all Yellow Flower Seeking Birds and Friends and Relations:

Mimosa pour Moi is for me, it is !!
I have found a light version of Datura Noir, a small miracle.
Quel beauty and what scenery it represents:
I find myself in the Alpes Maritimes, near the Côte d'Azur and it is springtime. Early morning is still very cold. When lunch hour approaches the sun starts to burn, yet everything is fresh and blooming.

Happy, happy times.

A Mid Summer's Night Dream
Mimosa Pour Moi is a perfect Summer evening scent in my opinion. It is not a loud or sultry statement scent, but a flowery gauzy veil of sweet honeydew, jammy black current over a powdery alluring soft violet clean musk. This fragrance doesn't really fall into the "Love" category for me. But I have a solid "Like" for this one. It feels very seasonal and sheer with soft rounded edges, no sharp bit, more tanginess and definitely not too sweet. It's a romantic lovely scent with barely detectable woods in the base and it is fleeting. This definitely reminds me of Shakespeare in the Park, dragon flies, dainty sandals, chilled Prosecco and lighter than air white silky dresses. This is quite alluring and I keep going back to my sample, but yet I know it's not a full bottle situation for me. If you love sweet violet and mimosa combinations, or if you love notes like Datura and Osmanthus but want to branch out from those specific notes- this has that same kind of vibe- haunting sweet floral with uber light sillage and about 3-4 hours longevity on my skin. I really only think about this scent when I want a special Summer Evening scent, but since it is a Mid Summer's Night tonight...it is just right.
2.5

Mimosa pour Toi--bon, d'accord: pour Nous!
It just occurred to me that the bizarre trend of including personal pronouns and possessives such as "mon" in the names of perfume flankers may have begun with L'Artisan Parfumeur MIMOSA POUR MOI, launched way back in 1992! I reviewed this fragrance a couple of years ago and ultimately found it to be too light and airy--nice while it lasted but way too ephemeral for my evidently sponge-like skin. With a fresh sample, I have set out to determine whether I still feel the same, having now sampled a variety of other mimosa perfumes, including those of the houses of Annick Goutal (LE MIMOSA), Henri Bendel (RARE MIMOSA), Demeter Vintage Naturals 2009 (MIMOSA), and Bond no 9 (FASHION AVENUE).

The answer is: yes. I still feel that MIMOSA POUR MOI is not sufficiently concentrated. At times, it seems weak verging on watery. True, it smells very natural, every bit as natural as Demeter VINTAGE NATURALS 2009 MIMOSA, which over the three years since its launch has evaporated a bit, producing a pretty (in both senses) perfumey mimosa edging toward Bond no 9 FASHION AVENUE, which is definitely the most perfumey of the bunch.

So, as usual, which mimosa to select is going to turn on what one is looking for. I myself become annoyed when I cannot smell a perfume at all less than two hours after application, which is why L'Artisan Parfumeur is definitely not my favorite house, despite my appreciation of the quality of its ingredients and the calibre of its perfumers. To me, longevity and sillage are also important in a fine perfume, and MIMOSA POUR MOI, while lovely and of somewhat better heft than some creations from this house, is still too short-lived for me to take seriously enough to pursue a full bottle.

---------------
Update: I found this perfume at a great price and so picked up a bottle. I do not regret the purchase. (-;

by Heavenly85
by Heavenly85
by Sherapop
by Sherapop
by Barbberry
by Barbberry

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur