Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Nuit de Tubéreuse 2010

Njdeb
26.02.2012 - 03:35 AM
Helpful Review

Sheer Tuberose (and more)

I find this to really be more of a multi-floral bouquet than a strictly tuberose scent. I actually get close to as much orange flower here as tuberose. This orange flower component gives the scent a sunny, friendly and approachable feel and lightens up the headier aspects of the tuberose and ylang ylang notes. In this way, Nuit de Tubereuse shares some similarities with Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, another sun-drenched tuberose/orange flower combo.

Rose makes a showing here too - but more in the way of a sweet, lightly-spiced pink rose than a deep dark red rose. In general, I find this perfume light-hearted and fresh, something I wouldn't typically expect from a tuberose scent. It has a sheerness that brings to mind the sort of scents Jo Malone produces (unfortunately, longevity is also on a par with Jo Malone scents).

This is an easy-to-like tuberose, even if you typically find the scent of tuberose overbearing. Here, it is not at all heady and thick like Fracas or intensely radiant like Carnal Flower. The tuberose in Nuit de Tubereuse is almost light and breezy - the word transparent comes to mind. Also, unlike Carnal Flower and Fracas, I find this tuberose very daytime and office appropriate.

Personally, I would prefer a stronger tuberose presence than this scent provides. Still, if you're looking to add a tuberose perfume to your collection and don't like the straight-on heady aroma of the flower, Nuit de Tubereuse is worth a try.

Latest Reviews

NjdebNjdeb 10 years ago
Billionaire Boyfriend - Kate Walsh

Billionaire Boyfriend Stick with your old boyfriend
First of all, I really dislike the name (which, by the way, is BILLIONAIRE Boyfriend - no mere millionaire) and bottle of this perfume. What is this, perfume for gold-diggers? While I appreciated the concept of the original Boyfriend...

NjdebNjdeb 10 years ago
B (Eau de Parfum) - Boucheron

B (Eau de Parfum) Both modern and classic
Thanks to Awesomeness for her great review that prompted me to try this gem. As she said, this is a very versatile perfume. I think it strikes just the right balance between a modern (and grown-up) fruity floral and a classic floriental....