Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo
Tea for Two is a popular perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur for women and men and was released in 2000. The scent is spicy-smoky. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesTobaccoTobacco
HoneyHoney
VanillaVanilla
Gaiac woodGaiac wood

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 07.08.2021.

The scent was re-released in 2014.

Serenissima
"Would you like an advanture now ...
... or shall we have tea first?"
This is the question "Alice in Wonderland" asks, and it fits well as a "hook" for this commentary.

It's not the right time for adventure, nor the right weather; changeable as it is today, it's better to stay at home.
The snow shower has moved off, but it is very blustery and a nice cup of tea is always appropriate.
For me, it's classic Darjeeling today, if only to better show off the flavors of the Easter egg-shaped macarons that a kind neighbor put in my Easter nest.
He knew that these have been on my wish list for some time, even without having read my comment on "Champs-Élysées" here.

"Tea for Two" by L'Artisan Parfumeur is anything but a classic.
Although the base is a smoky lapsang souchong tea that already has enough personality of its own, to create a special tea scent, bergamot and a rich assortment of "hot" spices were added.
I don't detect orange blossom, contrary to the scent pyramid here; gentian for spice and warmth I briefly perceive.
Particularly strongly dominates star anise (happy we are both rarely with each other) the spice mixture of allspice, cloves and cinnamon. All heat up properly.
Already by this "Tea for Two" is for me a fragrance for the cooler, even cold season.
Together with the smoky tea aroma creates a little oven on my skin, with ginger again something bizzles in the nose.
That's why the dose of honey does me good; it slightly mitigates the power of the spice front, which builds up in front of me like a big wave, though I can't ride it.
Tobacco goes into a good liaison with a not too strong, but still well suited to the fragrance development leather nuance.
Vanilla is another family member of the exotic spices; although already incorporated by the perfumers. She may not be missing, of course.

"Tea for Two" is a smoky-spicy fragrance composition, in which deep and both hands were reached into the spice box.
It reminds of a hot cup of tea, which can provide warmth and comfort at the right time.
Like all tea fragrances, this creation by L'Artisan Parfumeur is not too long-lasting, although it immediately spreads over a large area of the skin.

For me, this "tea scent expedition" was an adventure, and its spices presented me with great challenges. My pepper allergy claps its hands enthusiastically.
But that is by no means the sole determining criterion for the relatively low rating.
As a lover of classic teas and yet quite critical user of tea fragrances, has me "Tea for Two" just a bit overwhelmed.
I had to learn once again that even fragrances that are highly and lovingly rated are not necessarily for me.

So I prefer to stick to the old song of the same title:
"Picture you upon my knee, just tea for two and two for tea.
Just me and you and you and me, alone!"
And with that, invite "Old blue Eyes" Frank Sinatra to my private tea party: it'll be an adventure!
(Says Alice!)

Multifaceted Amber
Technically, it belongs to a fruity-woody amber category. But in reality, it is a big burgundy cherry, combined with warm spices and strong smoked lapsang sushong Chinese tea, or if you prefer, it can be a cherry tobacco with a dark honey and a smooth suede underneath. Moderately sweet, warm amber, with excellent longevity and extremely pleasant velvety trail. I don’t know what's happened with the composition now, but in old bottles it is 100% of pleasure for me and one of the best representatives of its genre.
Realeperson
Tea shower at sunset and spa of my soul
Yes, that's right, take it with you into the sauna and spray yourself after you have sweated profusely and cooled down in the ice water. In your robe, eyes closed. Try it out and tell me who hasn't fallen in love.
I do not share Tea for Two, this is my very personal retreat, I will definitely drink it alone.
The first sprayers are spicy and powerful, energizing, flavoring, stimulating. Then it becomes calm, resonates with my heart, with my soul. Yes, he is very special and unique, just like me. Just a guy. A character. We are universally connected, love at first sight and forever.
The fact that you want to spray it on more often is not a disadvantage, the fragrance works like an ASMR trigger.
Black tea and snow. As a native Siberian, Tea for Two brings these quiet moments of my homeland to the heart of Europe. My sister also had her first time under my nose...she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and put the test strip on her neck to get as much as possible.
You bury such scents so they never go out. You think about them when you get up in the morning and go to bed at night.

Smunitz
Lapsang souchong tea in a bottle!
This one reminds me a lot of Gucci Pour Homme II. Like a niche version of it but with more emphasis on Fall/Winter (GPII is more of Spring/Summer scent to me). The 3 main notes that make them similar are tea, cinnamon and tobacco. While Gucci gets green (Violet Leaves) and fresh, this one gets more smokey in the opening (I assume that's the leather accord) and a lot spicier with honey on the background. While the openings are different, in the dry down they are a lot closer. Tea scents are not for everyone, so I suggest you test it with 2-3 full wearings before committing to a bottle. But if you already have tea frags in your collection, this might be worth a blind buy (especially if you are familiar with the Gucci).
En Voyage chez l'Artisan Perfumer: 4 Tea for Two - Tea for types
Tea scents are not mine per se. They often smell the same to me and to me they usually seem as if they have to be "crampy" fresh. In my experience, they are only worn by perfume-savvy mothers. As I was allowed to observe a disastrous prejudice.
In the opening, tea is not in the foreground I smell Christmas spice, cheekily biting ginger, soft suede, tobacco. I think of an elderly lady sitting in the neat but somewhat musty cloth seats of her old car. This is, however, already accompanied here by the hardly recognizable but central note of the fragrance: tea leaves. And here you can distinguish it from other tea scents, very clearly there is a wet, somewhat old tea brew, which actually makes you salivate in your mouth when you smell it. I didn't know that until now.
In the course of time, the pungent spiciness of ginger diminishes and the tanning agents of Assam become more central. Something like sucking on loose tea, only softer. Floral blossoms join them, which make me think of mild soap. Although not listed here, I could swear to perceive some amber. Towards the heart it becomes subtly sweeter, the vanilla pod gets its appearance. Then she dives down again and disappears. Slowly the tea cools down, dries completely, becomes almost powdery. The dry wood smell of an earth sauna is added to this As you will notice, Tea for Two is characterized by incredible abundance and changeability, like the smell of a small sleepy shop where tea is piled up to the ceiling on dusty shelves for thousands. And in this shop, there's no ventilation as a matter of principle, so projection and durability are right.
I would never in my life have expected such a spice, almost bordering on the oriental. In fact, I'd recommend it to men more than women. So, tea for guys Thank you very much for reading my comment.

Pretty spiced tea
I've had Tea for two in my collection for some years now and I've come to love it dearly though I just liked it at first. It starts full of bitter bergamot, spices and ginger. The tea is there from the beginning but it gets my full attention once the opening notes settle a little. Then tobacco, vanilla and honey enter the stage. Finally a bit of dark leather joins them all for a more than perfect dry down. The longevity isn't bad and though I used to think the sillage wasn't that good, I've been getting lots of unexpected compliments while wearing it lately. True is a bit sweet but not as much as so many popular mainstream new perfumes recently launched for both men and women, and this one has an evolution and uniqueness that most gourmands lack of. In fact, I don't really think of it as a gourmand but as a tea centred perfume. My other favourite tea scent is another L'artisan parfumeur perfume: Coeur de Vetiver Sacre and they are both works by very interesting female perfumers.

Meh...
I had some expectations about this, as I really love tea, but as for tobacco (which I love, too), this is just another disappointment. I may be wrong or used to the wrong kind of teas, but I really don’t see how one could buy this cheap, synthetic, subtly (but I admit, pleasantly) zesty musky-spicy blend with a massive synthetic tobacco base for a “lapsang blend”. Or a tea blend of any kind, unless you reference tea is in your office’s vending machine. It isn’t dramatically bad, but it’s just a fairly cheap, extremely linear and massively uninspired sort of sweetish mish-mash between Gucci pour Homme II, Tobacco Vanille and Bvlgari Black and/or Céline pour Homme, in a clumsy attempt to rip-off Annick Menardo’s style and fondness for dry, smoky, elusively Oriental “weightless” textures (not the first time I notice this “talent” of the Queen of hipster parfumistas – Olivia Giacobetti). Again, just to be clear, it smells decent, but it’s really a depressing department store kind of decent. If you want a sweet tobacco, then stick to the plethora of cheap clones of Tobacco Vanille; if you want some versatile masculine tea-infused scent, the immensely richer, more compelling and more quality Gucci pour Homme II is there for you, and it’s still the nicest “tea-inspired” scent I’ve ever tried.

You know that joke: “when I went to parties and then people said things like «there was two or three people», I always was «or three»” - that’s Tea for Two. A flat bit of this, a bit of that, mediocrely diluted with zero inspiration and zero creativity. Last but not least, with a crap longevity. Meh.

5/10

MasterLi
Wonderful stuff! A classic!
Tea for Two is a wonderfully fresh and spicy smoky tea fragrance. Very beautiful smoked tea with honey, vanilla, spices (including star anise, cinnamon & ginger), leather, a hint of bergamot... and even a little gingerbread! it's a wonderfully warm, cosy fragrance which I like very much.

It as a spicy aromatic opening of fresh bergamot & zingy star anise... before the spicy, smoky tea with honey gets there, and stays like that throughout the rest of the fragrance, before finally drying down to a leather and spiced vanilla tobacco with honey at the end. Just beautiful!

It's like drinking your favourite black tea (or spiced tea, like chai) with honey and gingerbread biscuits, on a warm sofa by the fire. A really warm & lovely feeling. The good news is that it's back (after it was discontinued for a couple of years), and it's easily one of the nicest fragrances out there! A perfect for the colder months. Love it!

Comfort Frag...
Sigh...

Along with Safran Troublant, another unisex comfort frag from LA. If you love ST, you'll certainly enjoy this as well.

Reflexively, if you love this, you owe it to yourself to give Safran Troublant a try too. From an emotional standpoint they are two beautiful but non-identical twins.

So if you need not to be challenged, but put to rest and set at ease instead, a couple of delightful types for this form of true contentment from L'Artisan.

Not just tea
Tea for Two, is thankfully not all about the tea. I had a great fear that it would turn out like Bvlgari's Eau Parfumee au The Rouge, which is the closest thing to rich, black tea that I've ever come across.

L'Artisan's Tea for Two opens quite spicy and leathery. I immediately detected a hint of steamy warmth, the sensual kind which suits both men and women. It was cozy, dark, intense and in some instances, a little tobacco-like.

I didn't sense the tea note until the heart, which takes on a less foody role and more aromatic when blended with the smokey spices. There's also a touch of sweetness in this composition, kind of like a drizzle of honey in a cup of chai tea.

The vanilla in the drydown, when blended with the spices, reminds me of a softer, more feminine version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. It has that familiar rich and sensual aroma, that while unisex, makes me feel like a confident, sexy woman.

I kind of avoided this fragrance because of the tea reference. I can only stomach green tea, and even still it's not my drink of choice. People in the same vote should not disregard this fragrance. It's perfect for those who love bold, spicy, slightly masculine, smokey and exotic fragrances.

Tea for Two is romantic, a little old-fashioned and rather unique. I love how special this smells on my skin. It's just the scent to wear on a cold, rainy day as it gives me that feeling of being warm, regal and classy.

by AromaX
by Hatka
by Stinky
by Stinky

Popular L'Artisan Parfumeur

Timbuktu by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bucoliques de Provence by L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre Extrême by L'Artisan Parfumeur Œillet Sauvage by L'Artisan Parfumeur Mon Numéro 10 by L'Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis by L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur Cœur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille by L'Artisan Parfumeur Premier Figuier (Eau de Toilette) by L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzongkha by L'Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubéreuse by L'Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose by L'Artisan Parfumeur Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur Traversée du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur Aedes de Venustas by L'Artisan Parfumeur